[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll look into that. Although I still need some fuel for my trains. Power isn't a problem, though I still in some way gotta create fuel for them and it seems difficult without a large tree farm of some sort.
Steam locomotives with pneumaticraft LPG, I think it should last around 45mins in a locomotive at max heat, more if the heat is lower. An LPG bucket has slightly less than the burn time of a stack of coal blocks for reference.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Steam locomotives with pneumaticraft LPG, I think it should last around 45mins in a locomotive at max heat, more if the heat is lower. An LPG bucket has slightly less than the burn time of a stack of coal blocks for reference.
Hmm, that sounds interesting. Any chance this is available with gregtech refining, that is those alternatives since I am drowning in nitro-diesel, and pretty much voiding extra methane and LPG.

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019
maybe do /hqm quest. ok Actually its enabled, the message is about the HC mode (with lives). You should be able to normally craft the book and do questing without any commands
Just tested, '/hqm quest' gives you the book and keeps your lives at infinite (HC mode off). You can craft the book but you won't be able to use in until you turn type the /hqm quest (this is on preexisting world).

Reactions: Astrik
F

FutureCode

What's the easiest way to generate lubricant and solid fuels? Want to set up a good system for advanced miners, but the solution was a pyrolyse oven and distill the creosote into lubricant which felt like a huge and clunky setup and laggy including the tree farm, likewise the coke ovens are also a bit clunky.

AFAIK there's no mod able to 'generate' solid fuels especially coals/charcoals without using a tree farm. If you don't want to mess with lava or other fluid fuels, just make some large batteries and carry them around.

Pyrolyse oven & brewing machine is the most efficient way to get lubricant. You can get 250L lubricant (equal to 62500L drilling fluid) from a single log. About 1000 logs is enough to let a miner finish its work on a 96*96*64 area. That's not a huge amount. You can even harvest those logs manually in a few minutes with a chainsaw.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK there's no mod able to 'generate' solid fuels especially coals/charcoals without using a tree farm. If you don't want to mess with lava or other fluid fuels, just make some large batteries and carry them around.

Pyrolyse oven & brewing machine is the most efficient way to get lubricant. You can get 250L lubricant (equal to 62500L drilling fluid) from a single log. About 1000 logs is enough to let a miner finish its work on a 96*96*64 area. That's not a huge amount. You can even harvest those logs manually in a few minutes with a chainsaw.

The batteries aren't viable since I wanted to fuel steam locomotives.

I run a distillery for lubricant, how would I go about automating the brewing machine? Afaik it requires talk or redstone, which might be a bit difficult to supply easily?

I used golems + fir before to automate the pyrolyse, but to minimize lag a farming station might be better?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I run a distillery for lubricant, how would I go about automating the brewing machine? Afaik it requires talk or redstone, which might be a bit difficult to supply easily?
Talc, Redstone, or Soapstone, the best method to supply that is definitely a soapstone vein, mountains of Talc and Soapstone in them, as for any ore vein. Turns oil/seed oil/creosote into lubricant at a 1:1 ratio if you do it that way though.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Talc, Redstone, or Soapstone, the best method to supply that is definitely a soapstone vein, mountains of Talc and Soapstone in them, as for any ore vein. Turns oil/seed oil/creosote into lubricant at a 1:1 ratio if you do it that way though.

Time to set up an advanced miner then :) Good to at least have a moderate buffer of lubricant to survive.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
That's just a wisp, they can spawn near nodes, the only naturally occurring wisp spawners are in the little eldritch stone circles with chests afaik. There are the Automagy obsidian nether towers as well but those are hellwisps and not wisps iirc.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
That's just a wisp, they can spawn near nodes, the only naturally occurring wisp spawners are in the little eldritch stone circles with chests afaik. There are the Automagy obsidian nether towers as well but those are hellwisps and not wisps iirc.
Yep, I know who's that
however no nodes nearby, and no eldritch stone circles with chest
also this guy didn't attack me right away, even though I was running around him for a while
so probably they spawn in caverns in Magical Forests?

edit: speaking about magic. I want to throw in 1 more mod - ars magica.
I don't know almost anything about it, and I want to lock it up behind MV machinery.
Anybody knows of existing good Modtweaker scripts for that? Any ArsMagica expert to help me to choose "first" steps of mod to be locked up?
My idea is to put Runes behind MV Laser Engraver, Chimerite behind MV autoclave (chimerite = molten thaumium + ender dust probably or something), Vinteum behind Chemical Reactor (molten thaumium + something, no idea). Seems fine?

Last edited:

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
There are few other ways. BC Pump was just too cheap.

What can i use that has the same functionality as the old one? Maybe the pneumaticraft gas lift would work for emptying out large BC oil wells in an ocean biome. It could probably run on one of the byproducts of the distilation process. Would have to add a primative redstone controle function on it to prevent it from exploding.

Also i noticed the available fuel list in the liquid compressor is a bit bugged so i can't see it due to gregtech liquids making it to large. Any way around this (is there a config file?) or alternatively could someone give me a picture of the available fuel list.

Last edited:

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I want to have non-thaumic flight. What should I invest my time into:
1) Pyrolyse oven -> Biogas + Ordinary Jetpack
2) Good circuits -> electric jetpack
?

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
It was quite hard. The first 2/3 life was quite easy, but then it killed everyone and we had to craft new arrows and lost our jetpacks. Now we need drums to store the liquid EXP :D