[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Lol I see alot has changed since 2.0.8 (last time I put a couple hundred hours into your pack). Question: Since I can't craft the guides from Euchidrion (center block in crafting recipe shows as : .name and is blank) is the charcoal pit the same as in TFC?

Also, I seem to remember GT axes having the ability to chop a whole tree down. Is this disabled by default or am I lost somewhere?

Sorry if been discussed. Last time I posted was.... 200+ pages ago lol. Changelogs don't even go back that far :p

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Lol I see alot has changed since 2.0.8 (last time I put a couple hundred hours into your pack). Question: Since I can't craft the guides from Euchidrion (center block in crafting recipe shows as : .name and is blank) is the charcoal pit the same as in TFC?

Also, I seem to remember GT axes having the ability to chop a whole tree down. Is this disabled by default or am I lost somewhere?

Sorry if been discussed. Last time I posted was.... 200+ pages ago lol. Changelogs don't even go back that far :p

If you make them out of GT materials I know they can. I found, amongst other loot, some Yellow Garnet gems in a chest (Thaumcraft worldgen chest on wisp altar), made a hammer and file, made the axe head part using 3 of one kind of gem, and chopped down several Dark Oak trees, which spawn in a roofed forest biome, today. Both axe types chopped straight up the tree, and didn't do the branches of the roofed forest trees. They chopped them very quickly, and also works for any GT gem, as I had enough emeralds to make an axe, and that behaved the same way. They did not chop down from the log I started at, only straight up, in a column-like fashion, and did so very quickly.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, there is kinda- a bug with Thaumcraft shield rings/enchants: if I have minimum shield equiped, Radiation doesn't damage me. I get damage ticks, but my health never decreases. The speed of shield re-generating is 100% not an issue since shields are going down and stay at 0.

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
In the current public Infitech2 the charcoal pit does not yet exist. But it works something like (if I have the dimensions right), you must have vanilla bricks as the bottom layer, up to 11x11 I think it could be, then up to 5 deep worth of logs on top of that, surrounded by dirt, then with dirt on top too except the center, which has the charcoal pit block placed, then wait, when the block turns on you have it set up, when it turns off an MC day or so later then it turns off to let you know.

They were still enabled last I checked (though that could be my changed configs). Make sure you are creating GT axes if using diamonds/steel/etc... (by making the head first, then put the head on a single stick) instead of the vanilla ones (which is the recipe with two sticks from the get-go instead of as two steps).

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
I just ran into an issue permanently corrupting my world. I couldnt even select and delete the bad chunk via MCEdit: It crashed trying to select that chunk. I had to delete the whole 512x512 region file which worked out fine and fixed it. Even though Im unsure if its related to any mods here is the crashfile of a crash that happened when player "playername" tried to load that chunk:
http://pastebin.com/ux2PfqzS
I already fixed the problem so I am realy only posting this to fix any problems with mods if there are some. Thanks for the help in advance :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I just ran into an issue permanently corrupting my world. I couldnt even select and delete the bad chunk via MCEdit: It crashed trying to select that chunk. I had to delete the whole 512x512 region file which worked out fine and fixed it. Even though Im unsure if its related to any mods here is the crashfile of a crash that happened when player "playername" tried to load that chunk:
http://pastebin.com/ux2PfqzS
I already fixed the problem so I am realy only posting this to fix any problems with mods if there are some. Thanks for the help in advance :)
only thing i can see in stacktrace is GregTech.. @Blood Asp ideas?

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... my smart friend just tried some liquid aqua essence potion from Thaumic Tinkering in the Nether... I would highly recommend removing this from the game entirely. The fire turned everything into ice and spreaded non-stop until the server crashed. I guess I have to remove the Nether now.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Wow... my smart friend just tried some liquid aqua essence potion from Thaumic Tinkering in the Nether... I would highly recommend removing this from the game entirely. The fire turned everything into ice and spreaded non-stop until the server crashed. I guess I have to remove the Nether now.

I'm not even sure removing the Nether will suffice. You may end up removing Thaumic Tinkerer itself until a patched version can be pushed to the modpack. That liquid essence potion is rather overpowered, and I think having that in the modpack causes more harm than good, as the potions spread in a totally uncontrolled manner. If you can figure out the ID's for the potions it might be possible to set their recipes to invalid recipes that don't produce anything and still use the rest of Thaumic Tinkerer. But suffice it to say, there will be a LOT of cleanup work to do after you finally stop the effects, doing so may mean you have to temporarily remove Thaumic Tinkerer from the modpack, to turn the potion effects into invalid entities which then must be cleaned up, before you can put the mod back.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: Gamejet

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not even sure removing the Nether will suffice. You may end up removing Thaumic Tinkerer itself until a patched version can be pushed to the modpack. That liquid essence potion is rather overpowered, and I think having that in the modpack causes more harm than good, as the potions spread in a totally uncontrolled manner. If you can figure out the ID's for the potions it might be possible to set their recipes to invalid recipes that don't produce anything and still use the rest of Thaumic Tinkerer. But suffice it to say, there will be a LOT of cleanup work to do after you finally stop the effects, doing so may mean you have to temporarily remove Thaumic Tinkerer from the modpack, to turn the potion effects into invalid entities which then must be cleaned up, before you can put the mod back.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Why would removing the whole dimension not stop the effect? That would actualy be realy bad for some server owners who dont know those potions too well. However, it did the job for me. Although Im pretty positive my mate wont do it ever again, how do I manualy disable that recipes for my server? THE IDs are: 1506, 1510, 1512, 1521, 1523 and 1526. Thanks for any help :)

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
Why would removing the whole dimension not stop the effect? That would actualy be realy bad for some server owners who dont know those potions too well. However, it did the job for me. Although Im pretty positive my mate wont do it ever again, how do I manualy disable that recipes for my server? THE IDs are: 1506, 1510, 1512, 1521, 1523 and 1526. Thanks for any help :)
Add a custom MineTweaker script for your server to disable those.

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
only thing i can see in stacktrace is GregTech.. @Blood Asp ideas?
Doesn't really look like a GT issue, only thing GT did was just ask the world if a block at a certain ID was opaque or not, and it looks like it was on a chunk border so the world had to load a currently unloaded chunk, and that chunk looked like it had bad data. On initial guess I would say a corrupted chunk file from disk.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If you were to google those, you'll find some pretty hilarious excerpts of people destroying their worlds with them, etc. It even warns you in thauminomicon that these things are quite dangerous. Disabling them really isn't the solution, using them is. Same goes when MFR has those pakhrat world ship rubber saplings. those things are chunk destroyers.

Unlike the super sacred rubber trees in mfr tho, some of those infused fires are quite useful under the right circumstance.

Anyways, if someone's op, you can use a /cofh command to clear the fire in a radius around you. just use the command:
/cofh clearblocks <YOURNAME> 500 256 500 *fire
replace 500 with ever increasing numbers if you need to cover more areas.

the *fire bit will clear any fire related blocks, including the infused fires.

that won't get rid of your winter wonderland nether or the ghasts wearing mittens but will stop the fires from spreading and get the zombie pigmen to stop oinking christmas carols.

There's also a gamerule that will stop the fire from spreading if cofh isn't there in other packs, /gamerule doFireTick false

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Something broke for me. InventoryTweaks used to auto-equip stuff (e.g., when a pickaxe breaks, new picaxe goes into its slot, when stack of stone ends, new stack comes, etc). But it stopped working for no reason. Why?

Also: how do cable/machine looses work?
If I have 16x BatBuffers with 1 battery inside, or 1x BatBuffer with 16 batteries inside, are loses same?

Last edited:

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Something broke for me. InventoryTweaks used to auto-equip stuff (e.g., when a pickaxe breaks, new picaxe goes into its slot, when stack of stone ends, new stack comes, etc). But it stopped working for no reason. Why?

If I have 16x BatBuffers with 1 battery inside, or 1x BatBuffer with 16 batteries inside, are loses same?

I dont realy know about InventoryTweaks but energy losses in GT are pretty much unpredictable. Battery Buffers, Transformers and obviously cables lose energy all together. It doesnt realy matter how many batteries you have inside a battery buffer, adding multiple buffers in front of each other will increase your energy loss though.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Disabled per default. Enable in config.
Loss:
any GT Block and Battery outputting Energy has an energy loss on output. This means there is no such thing as lossless cables in GregTech.

A power outputting machine will take (8 * 4 ^ Tier) + (2 ^ Tier) EU from its storage and output only (8 * 4 ^ Tier) EU.<b r/>The energy lost is therefore (2 ^ Tier).

An example:
Say a turbine is supposed to output 32V.
output = 32 = (8 * 4 ^ Tier).
Solving for Tier gives you 1. The energy loss will then be (2 ^ Tier). In this case it is 2.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the clearification Jason. Now I finaly understand exactly how it works. Also I was looking for Thorium reactor designs as thorium seems to be the way to go to get Lutetium. Is it correct they still work like they did in 1.4.7? I havent realy played much with reactors in 1.7.10 so any tips are appreciated.
This is what I came up for so far btw: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...rd1pe57fdq96gsfowhus1y05s7m7ivt5w9gk2x6g788hs