[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

H

Horberg

Hadn't considered the thaumcraft farm....going to have to consider a work around. I'd like to keep thaumcraft running as it provides a good counter point to the machine oriented players. Thanks for the lookout, I would've missed that until execution.

Thanks Xav

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
why the puck nobody uses nuclear.
one big reactor can get you so much energy in such a small space for a huge time.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
As soon as someone sets up an iron golem farm or looks into thaumcraft transmutation your economy will collapse. For reference for thaumcraft, you can turn any metal into iron at a 1:1 ratio, any metal I've ever checked at least. That kinda makes an economy system based off iron unviable when it can easily be produced from materials found everywhere.

To add to that, any item that spawns on hostile mobs as a weapon or armor will also provide infinite amounts of it, slowly, but some people don't care about the speed of getting something if they can eventually get enough of it. For instance, occasionally zombies will spawn with weapon or armor pieces, occasionally enchanted. The GregTech macerator ignores damage values of armor and will process a chest piece, for instance, for the full 8 dust you would expect to get out of it, if it's a metal piece. This spawning behavior is the same vanilla Minecraft spawning mechanic that is in 1.7.x by default, difficulty level affects this somewhat, if you set the difficulty to 'hard' for instance, the mobs wearing armor increase, resulting in slightly increased armor drop chances as a result. I would therefore advise setting difficulty to normal and tweaking mobs you can change the drop rates of through the configs for the mod in question. Some special mobs added by various mods will include different kinds of armor drops, you should check into whether special mob drops are already turned off, I don't know about vanilla mob drops but they're usually low enough that someone would need to run a farm for long periods of time to get somewhere with them. The same goes for zombie pigmen, gold farming is a well-known vanilla mechanic in more recent patches to vanilla Minecraft gameplay.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder, what is the "pure" gregtech way to get to LVL3 mining. Is it only accessible after getting the first electricity in there?

//never played pure gregtech... always added at least thaumcraft.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Cobalt works doesn't it? I think that's the most notable non-TC way to get there, short of getting dungeon loot that helps you out but I'm not sure how viable that is.

K

Kiama

short of getting dungeon loot that helps you out but I'm not sure how viable that is.

Mmmmm reminds me of the time I found 4 Iridium before even setting up camp. And then when I set up camp on a Tin vein, hit a Diamond vein immediately.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Mmmmm reminds me of the time I found 4 Iridium before even setting up camp. And then when I set up camp on a Tin vein, hit a Diamond vein immediately.
To be honest I don't really care about tin veins, I've never actually found one outside of the end and I've never really cared as the catalyst essentia for tin is just about the easiest to get there is being vitreus which you can get two of from a sand fairly easily, copper and iron are both plentiful enough to have no concerns and even if they aren't being found by you extremely easy with thaumcraft again as iron requires no catalyst and permutatio is easy to produce en mass.

Diamond veins and iridium though? They're useful, the diamond vein far more as iridium at least isn't too uncommon in the end thanks to platinum, pity iridium has been lowered to T3 mining level, it was more useful when it was T4.

E

Ed_Winters

Binnies mods are 1.7.10 and not 1.7.2.. but yes they will get added once we hit the 1.7.10 version

BR is not out for 1.7 and i will not be adding it. For generating MJ/RF you have EnderIO, Galacticraft, ExUt and Railcraft. Nothing large scale RF/MJ output.
Hi Jason. Can you, please, add to your modpack addon Advanced Solar Panels in the future updates? This pack looks incomplete without it. And thank you for your work - this is one of the best modpacks i've ever played.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi Jason. Can you, please, add to your modpack addon Advanced Solar Panels in the future updates? This pack looks incomplete without it. And thank you for your work - this is one of the best modpacks i've ever played.
Infitech2 typically tries to avoid adding things like powerful solar energy. You'll notice most of the energy generation in this pack is more interactive; in fact some of the sillier generators have been completely disabled.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Reminds me we need to remove the reliance on advanced solar panels though for the top tier bee breeding.

But yeah if solar panels were being added wouldn't it make more sense to enable the GT ones anyway?

E

Ed_Winters

Infitech2 typically tries to avoid adding things like powerful solar energy. You'll notice most of the energy generation in this pack is more interactive; in fact some of the sillier generators have been completely disabled.
Interactivity - it's good. But it's too hard to generate billions of energy units for the high-end machines like fusion reactor and others. And as i can say - lots of players on the servers i play use standart solars to generate eu. As a result - huge lags and a short time between restarts. Compact solars or Advanced solars can replace huge fields of solars and make not so much lags as a standart one. So it will be good if the Compact/advanced solars will be added to that modpack.
P.s Sorry for my english.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Interactivity - it's good. But it's too hard to generate billions of energy units for the high-end machines like fusion reactor and others. And as i can say - lots of players on the servers i play use standart solars to generate eu. As a result - huge lags and a short time between restarts. Compact solars or Advanced solars can replace huge fields of solars and make not so much lags as a standart one. So it will be good if the Compact/advanced solars will be added to that modpack.
P.s Sorry for my english.
Your English is good.

If you don't like the power-generation options available to you, you should definitely feel free to add the mod on your end. But highly-effective solar generation tends to ruin "hardcore" packs. In this case, you can make a single block that generates as much power as an entire fission reactor setup. Which is kinda ridiculous for solar power you'll admit, particularly since it never needs fuel or maintenance of any kind.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Your English is good.

If you don't like the power-generation options available to you, you should definitely feel free to add the mod on your end. But highly-effective solar generation tends to ruin "hardcore" packs. In this case, you can make a single block that generates as much power as an entire fission reactor setup. Which is kinda ridiculous for solar power you'll admit, particularly since it never needs fuel or maintenance of any kind.

I set up a 256 solar panel farm (~215 EU/t after cable losses during the daytime from my measurements). I haven't noticed any lag from it, and I have only restarted about once a month (although my server is pretty powerful).

I'm greatly against the default being easily available energy.

I'm currently at tier II fusion, using the aluminium lithium recipe. I set up a thaumcraft clay duplication (6 boilers and 12 al. furnaces and 6 al. constructs) array and 5 LV rock breakers, some macerators and packagers to make clay dust which I electrolyse to lithium and aluminium. I then thaumcraft duplicate aluminium nuggets using aspects from the aluminium dust and the sodium dust. This whole setup produces enough aluminium to run the reactor continuously and the machines only use ~700 EU/t total. The only input it takes is some alumentum, as my one alumentum construct produces way more than my existing alchemy needed.

Contrast this with the 16 processing array setup with 256 centrifuge/electrolyser machines that take about 8k EU/t to power the tier I D-T fusion! Also, the tier II thaumcraft and GT Li-Al production facility requires zero maintenence, while the processing arrays for the Tier I D-T need constant maintenance to avoid shutting down. Avoiding maintenence was a reason why I alchemically duplicated the Al nuggets, rather than simply making Al from the dust with a blast furnace.

I would also say that I'm using the single block plasma generators. While they may be less efficient than the big multiblock turbines (I think, I'm not clear on the numbers) they have the advantage of never needing maintenence, and so again they will reliably generate power indefinitely.

Reactions: adamich

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Is it just me or do Buildcraft recipes actually require GT machines to make basic BC chipsets? I honestly don't know yet if the recipe simply isn't showing for what can be made in a BC Assembly Table, or if the Assembly Table isn't actually useful to make. I would have thought if there was no point in making the Assembly Table that it would be disabled and require anything it normally could build to be made in some type of GT machine. I'm still setting up and I'm wondering if it's worth spending the investment just to find out the BC Assembly Table actually has limited uses or is mostly useless. Mind you, GT does have the advantage of being automatable, I'll give it that. :D

Anyone know what the deal is here? Should I bother with the BC tables or just go for what the NEI recipes suggest to go after? It'd save me diamonds in the long run if I don't have to waste time building useless or nearly useless machines.

Edit to add: The recipes for the BC Assembly Table and Laser do actually show up which suggests that there is some use for them, obscure as it might be. I've also checked the configs, and there doesn't seem to be any special disablement options that look like they make the BC Assembly Table useless, unless I'm missing it somewhere in one of those very long and complicated GT config files, which is possible.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or do Buildcraft recipes actually require GT machines to make basic BC chipsets? I honestly don't know yet if the recipe simply isn't showing for what can be made in a BC Assembly Table, or if the Assembly Table isn't actually useful to make. I would have thought if there was no point in making the Assembly Table that it would be disabled and require anything it normally could build to be made in some type of GT machine. I'm still setting up and I'm wondering if it's worth spending the investment just to find out the BC Assembly Table actually has limited uses or is mostly useless. Mind you, GT does have the advantage of being automatable, I'll give it that. :D

Anyone know what the deal is here? Should I bother with the BC tables or just go for what the NEI recipes suggest to go after? It'd save me diamonds in the long run if I don't have to waste time building useless or nearly useless machines.

Edit to add: The recipes for the BC Assembly Table and Laser do actually show up which suggests that there is some use for them, obscure as it might be. I've also checked the configs, and there doesn't seem to be any special disablement options that look like they make the BC Assembly Table useless, unless I'm missing it somewhere in one of those very long and complicated GT config files, which is possible.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Chipsets frim BC were indeed moved to GT machines. Gate recipes remained in assembly table, because i did not find a good machine from GT to integrate it to. They might get changed in 3.2 if i will have time and will feel up to it

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Chipsets frim BC were indeed moved to GT machines. Gate recipes remained in assembly table, because i did not find a good machine from GT to integrate it to. They might get changed in 3.2 if i will have time and will feel up to it

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

With Logistics Pipes in the pack, most of the gates in BC would be of limited use unless the user is a BC expert, and knows all of the situations they're actually useful in. They do sometimes come in handy for fluid level maintenance, and preventing inventories from overfilling, but that's really about it, apart from the odd situation where you need one for a higher level Logistics Pipe component.

Currently, to be of much use a BC gate needs to be gold level or higher and autarchic, or the self-powering one that can be turned on or off with a redstone pipe wire signal, if I'm remembering the name wrong.

The higher level gates also have more conditional options that can be set, so multiple conditions can be assigned to one gate, and will toggle on or off if any of the conditions it's monitoring become valid for what is set in the gate's interface.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Contrast this with the 16 processing array setup with 256 centrifuge/electrolyser machines that take about 8k EU/t to power the tier I D-T fusion! Also, the tier II thaumcraft and GT Li-Al production facility requires zero maintenence, while the processing arrays for the Tier I D-T need constant maintenance to avoid shutting down. Avoiding maintenence was a reason why I alchemically duplicated the Al nuggets, rather than simply making Al from the dust with a blast furnace.

I would also say that I'm using the single block plasma generators. While they may be less efficient than the big multiblock turbines (I think, I'm not clear on the numbers) they have the advantage of never needing maintenence, and so again they will reliably generate power indefinitely.

You need 20 processing arrays, to be precise :D

Also I don't really like that single-block plasma generators are in GT. They look like taken straight from GT4. And GT4 was a totally different mod in terms of balancing and power generation. Now that we have proper big plasma turbines these single-blocks generators look stupid and a bit cheaty. I'd personally like to see them removed from the pack.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I dont want to loose those single block generators without a proper replacement. The huge plasma turbines are simply not good enough to be a real power solution. While the output and efficency looks great on paper its hard to use them ingame.
First there is the issue with proper plasma input, just a few combinations of plasma/turbine are possible to use with a fluid-regulator with decent efficency.
Second is the extreme amount of maintainace you have to do. Even the highest grade turbines like naquadah-alloy break down in a few hours, and there isnt even a warning mechanism integrated like with standart multiblock-maintainance. In possible designs for our future base with up to 16 plasma turbines that would result in checking/repairing turbines every 5 minutes or less.