[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The single block plasmagens has a max efficiency of 70%. The large multiblock plasmagens can in theory reach 150%, but realistic is something about 120%. Checking for maintainance only once a day should be enough, but i plan to give a way for lategame to make it a bit easier. So you can make a up to 4-8(not sure yet) stacking and slightly expensive autorepair kit.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I dont want to loose those single block generators without a proper replacement. The huge plasma turbines are simply not good enough to be a real power solution. While the output and efficency looks great on paper its hard to use them ingame.
First there is the issue with proper plasma input, just a few combinations of plasma/turbine are possible to use with a fluid-regulator with decent efficency.
Second is the extreme amount of maintainace you have to do. Even the highest grade turbines like naquadah-alloy break down in a few hours, and there isnt even a warning mechanism integrated like with standart multiblock-maintainance. In possible designs for our future base with up to 16 plasma turbines that would result in checking/repairing turbines every 5 minutes or less.

I don't think it's 5 minutes :). I had 7 large plasma gens and had to check them max 2 times a day.
Warning mechanism? Took me literally 10 seconds to think of one. First, measure how long a certain rotor lasts. Then set the turbine to be fueled for a slightly shorter time (so that the rotor is almost dead, but not quite), after which you cut the fuel with some redstone. In addition you can set a lamp that will let you know that rotor has to be repaired (like wireless ones I have to let me know about multiblock problems).

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That said I'm inclined to agree the rotors could last twice or three times as long. There's no particular reason they need to be so short-lived, and the "large" generators should be superior to the small ones in all respects.

Reactions: Aiwendil

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's 5 minutes :). I had 7 large plasma gens and had to check them max 2 times a day.
Warning mechanism? Took me literally 10 seconds to think of one. First, measure how long a certain rotor lasts. Then set the turbine to be fueled for a slightly shorter time (so that the rotor is almost dead, but not quite), after which you cut the fuel with some redstone. In addition you can set a lamp that will let you know that rotor has to be repaired (like wireless ones I have to let me know about multiblock problems).

Do you know any long term time-measuring mechanisms that can endure multiple server restarts without reseting?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The "Needs Maintainance cover" also works for damaged turbines. So just set it up to correctly inform you.

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one work with logistic pipes for their auto crafting system? I am running into an issue when trying to craft with the gregtech tools.

I was trying to mimic the setup that Jason is using in his S3 e16.5. For making a wrench I have a fuzzy crafting table. I imported the recipe from NEI. I changed the hammer to ignore OreDict. I set a Mk2 Chassis on the back. Put a Crafting Module in and imported the recipe from the table. Then took out the wrench. I then put an active supplier module in set to partial with a full hammer in it. The hammer gets crafted and created then supplied to the chest. But when I request a wrench the hammer takes damage and then a new one is requested to be crafted and supplied to the chest.

I've tired the setup a few other ways and I just cant seem to make it work. I tried with just a crafting pipe, a fuzzy table and a fuzzy upgrade. Similar things happen. I have also tried with a few other combinations of ignoring NBT, oredicting and damage. Damage will use any hammer in the network but if there are no hammers in the network it won't force one to be crafted.

I've setup some fairly !fun! LP systems before but I haven't run into this issue and I can't figure out a way around it. Any help would be appreciated.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one work with logistic pipes for their auto crafting system? I am running into an issue when trying to craft with the gregtech tools.

I was trying to mimic the setup that Jason is using in his S3 e16.5. For making a wrench I have a fuzzy crafting table. I imported the recipe from NEI. I changed the hammer to ignore OreDict. I set a Mk2 Chassis on the back. Put a Crafting Module in and imported the recipe from the table. Then took out the wrench. I then put an active supplier module in set to partial with a full hammer in it. The hammer gets crafted and created then supplied to the chest. But when I request a wrench the hammer takes damage and then a new one is requested to be crafted and supplied to the chest.

I've tired the setup a few other ways and I just cant seem to make it work. I tried with just a crafting pipe, a fuzzy table and a fuzzy upgrade. Similar things happen. I have also tried with a few other combinations of ignoring NBT, oredicting and damage. Damage will use any hammer in the network but if there are no hammers in the network it won't force one to be crafted.

I've setup some fairly !fun! LP systems before but I haven't run into this issue and I can't figure out a way around it. Any help would be appreciated.
You need to have supplier for the tool as well on the given crafting table and dont have the tool in the crafting module specified. It will make one tool then new fresh will be again supplied to it. So tgere will be two tools. One will be getting used and one will be stationary not used.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just about to make my first LV machines, any tips for what to make first?
So basically the most notable two options are wiremills and bending machines, I prefer wiremills first as they quadruple wires per ingot which are the biggest cost in my experience, steel generally being pretty easy. At least going off the alpha which uses 5.09 so costs may have changed a little but should be basically identical, here is the breakdown for them. The tin, copper, and redstone costs are for wires, and the wrought iron and steel is for plates, just gives the relevant parts, rods don't change with either machine for example so are ignored. Remember that item casings should be made in the alloy smelter with a casing mold for 1.5 casing per ingot and not via plates which give only 0.5 casing per ingot pre LV.

• Cost without machine for wiremill/bending machine
    • 72 copper
    • 32 tin (+8 for bending machine)
    • 22 steel
    • 4 wrought iron
    • 64 redstone
  • Cost for bending machine with wiremill
    • 18 copper
    • 10 tin
    • 22 steel
    • 4 wrought iron
    • 16 redstone
  • Cost for wiremill with bending machine
    • 36 copper
    • 16 tin
    • 11 steel
    • 2 wrought iron
    • 32 redstone
So yeah, that's the breakdown, the polarizer is another useful LV machine, makes it so you need a little less redstone by letting you magnetize iron rods with EU instead of redstone, and the lathe gets you 2 rods/ingot so should be fairly high up, the quarter price wires and half price plates are definitely two of the most useful things you can get though. Normally I end up going wiremill -> polarizer -> bending machine, although the last two can often swap, simply because the polarizer is fairly cheap, even without any other machines as it's just wires instead of circuits or motors or anything.

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
So basically the most notable two options are wiremills and bending machines, I prefer wiremills first as they quadruple wires per ingot which are the biggest cost in my experience, steel generally being pretty easy. At least going off the alpha which uses 5.09 so costs may have changed a little but should be basically identical, here is the breakdown for them. The tin, copper, and redstone costs are for wires, and the wrought iron and steel is for plates, just gives the relevant parts, rods don't change with either machine for example so are ignored. Remember that item casings should be made in the alloy smelter with a casing mold for 1.5 casing per ingot and not via plates which give only 0.5 casing per ingot pre LV.

Thanks a lot! I'll start crafting then :)

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
You need to have supplier for the tool as well on the given crafting table and dont have the tool in the crafting module specified. It will make one tool then new fresh will be again supplied to it. So tgere will be two tools. One will be getting used and one will be stationary not used.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Thank you! And that was it. I was freaking out because when I was testing I would make one recipe instance, see I got a newly made tool, take it out then make another recipe instance causing another tool to be made. As soon as I made more than one request in a row with out taking the tool out it stopped. Sorry for the cry wolf post I was just getting frustrated and hoping it wasn't a mechanics change.

I managed to get the building of all the components that don't require machines up and running last night. I now have no iron or gold and have to go mining to actually use them.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if it would be possible to add something similar to the Industrial Grinder to GT. I always loved that machine. Right now the Sag Mill is the best replacement available but its not 10% as cool as the Grinder was. Im missing the good old Grinder.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I wonder if it would be possible to add something similar to the Industrial Grinder to GT. I always loved that machine. Right now the Sag Mill is the best replacement available but its not 10% as cool as the Grinder was. Im missing the good old Grinder.
Lotta people miss the old multiblock machines. I think the only problem is the entire functionality is duplicated and replaced. The Industrial Grinder is now a combination of several other machines (macerator, ore washer, thermal centrifuge, electromagnetic thingy for ferrous metals, etc). As cool as it was, its hard to justify the time required to add zero new content.

Reactions: Gamejet

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I made the bending machine first, as that both gave half cost plates, but also gives half cost wires.

What exactly are the wrought iron plates going into?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I made the bending machine first, as that both gave half cost plates, but also gives half cost wires.

What exactly are the wrought iron plates going into?
See my cost breakdown above for how they actually compare, as the only plates you really use are steel and most of the savings are in wires I find the wiremill to be far more effective, particularly as the extra few steel tends to be much easier for me to obtain then the copper, tin, and redstone as I use Thaumcraft normally over the BBF which mostly removes the time cost.

I think the wrought iron is a 5.09 thing, but machine frames or whatever they're called are the 8 plate box, 2 cables, 1 plate of whatever the box was made of and 2 other plates, wrought iron for LV. Most higher tiers uses polyethylene.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I was using the BBF, so costs for steel plates were very high for me. If steel is cheap then the other way round may be preferable.

I'm also still on 5.08 presumably, as machine frames are just 8 plate box and 2 cables.

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
... a 5.09 thing ...as I use Thaumcraft normally over the BBF which mostly removes the time cost...

Did you update yourself? Is it possible for me to try that?

And on the TC steel transmutation, where do you get your Ordo from, primarily, as I couldn't really find a viable source.

Last edited: