[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes when going caving for ores etc, I have terrible luck finding lava. Where are you getting your lava from, or is there a relatively cheap method of obtaining large quantities of lava in this pack? The Nether comes to mind, but that would be expensive to pump out from unless you have the infrastructure required to create a transportation system to get it out of there in the first place.
BrickVoid

Nether lava operations are straight forward to setup. Rail tank car, loader/unloaders, some tracks, some detectors, a nether portal, a lava pump of some kind and world anchor. I've done it in a lot of packs so I guess I just consider it a solved problem. I'm in the process of setting one up at the moment as the carpenter takes a hunk of steel to get setup.

This may sound a little odd, but back in the earlier stages of Infitech 2 (like pack version 1.13?) i joined the original public server - its something i do from time to time and wander around peoples bases to see if there is anything i can learn from their setups (which is why HoH and SoL pissed me off so much.)
One guy he had, probably a 10x10 field of solar boilers, i know thats a hilarious amount of silver to invest in a low end power source but youre investing retarded amounts of steel in hp lava boilers if you go that way and its not really about whats cheap, its about what is effective and needs a minimal amount of babysitting.

That is a great idea. I usually watch some lets plays for those ideas but the pack had obviously evolved since they had started as the recipes for some core components, such as conduits, has changed. I really don't know anything about this pack or gregtech. There also aren't a ton of resources which makes it more fun to try and figure things out. But it can also get frustrating at times when you are trying to solve a problem and have to experiment at great cost.

So question about EU. I have five machines in my processing line. If all of them are running at once the energy draw is a total of 41eu/t. They are attached by a 32v/4a wired to a 4x LV battery box. The question is how are the packets sent out to power these. I remember how the old IC2 power system used to work. But this is different. Are they always full packets of 32/eu and are consumed completely or are they partially consumed? Or are there smaller packets sent out and they are consumed by the machine that needs them? I would like to get away with having the thinnest wires and smallest battery boxes and number of batteries to power a production line as possible. I would also like to be able to plan it and not have to fiddle with it to get it right.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Nether lava operations are straight forward to setup. Rail tank car, loader/unloaders, some tracks, some detectors, a nether portal, a lava pump of some kind and world anchor. I've done it in a lot of packs so I guess I just consider it a solved problem. I'm in the process of setting one up at the moment as the carpenter takes a hunk of steel to get setup.

That is a great idea. I usually watch some lets plays for those ideas but the pack had obviously evolved since they had started as the recipes for some core components, such as conduits, has changed. I really don't know anything about this pack or gregtech. There also aren't a ton of resources which makes it more fun to try and figure things out. But it can also get frustrating at times when you are trying to solve a problem and have to experiment at great cost.

So question about EU. I have five machines in my processing line. If all of them are running at once the energy draw is a total of 41eu/t. They are attached by a 32v/4a wired to a 4x LV battery box. The question is how are the packets sent out to power these. I remember how the old IC2 power system used to work. But this is different. Are they always full packets of 32/eu and are consumed completely or are they partially consumed? Or are there smaller packets sent out and they are consumed by the machine that needs them? I would like to get away with having the thinnest wires and smallest battery boxes and number of batteries to power a production line as possible. I would also like to be able to plan it and not have to fiddle with it to get it right.

Always full packages. So you can have lets say 10 ticks where there is no package sent and one tick with a package of 32EU going through the cable. Every machine obviously has an internal buffer so there isnt any problem with running out of energy because of that. Also the package reduces the amount of energy the producer has stored (4 * battery box) by 32 and is adding (32 - (x amount of cable blocks * energy loss of the cable)) to the machine.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, I've got a single aspect that's unidentified to me. I have all the thaum aspects identified, as well as 5 of the gregtech ones (strontio, nebrisum, electrum, magneto, and radio). Is there a 6th gregtech aspect that I haven't been able to google as of yet?

This is really bugging me cause I'm organizing my ethereal essences in storage drawers but really don't want to have to redo it cause of a new addition (that I do have in that form, but unidentified).

Much appreciated

Edit: figured it out. It was tempus from magic bees. It's always the beeeeeeeees....

Last edited:

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
Always full packages. So you can have lets say 10 ticks where there is no package sent and one tick with a package of 32EU going through the cable. Every machine obviously has an internal buffer so there isnt any problem with running out of energy because of that. Also the package reduces the amount of energy the producer has stored (4 * battery box) by 32 and is adding (32 - (x amount of cable blocks * energy loss of the cable)) to the machine.

Thanks! I can do math on that and now figure out what my energy needs are and how much steam I need delivered to each machine.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
will it remove only for false players or real players too?
B:EnableGenericDeathMessage=false does NOT remove death messages when real players die... so if you fall from a high place on a server with your friends, they can all still laugh at you :)
This setting primarily prevents chat spam when special mobs (like Jason and his Patreon mobs) frequently die in our server's mob farms.

H

Horberg

I wanted to ask a question about how to tweak config files in an infitech server. Specifically with ore gen. Everytime I modify the 'amount' of ore in a config file it is duplicated and fixed when the world actually generates.

olivine {
I:Amount_1=1

I adjust to (I:Amount_2=2)

but after world gen it appears,

olivine {
I:Amount_2=2

Sorry if this is not the right thread, thank you.

Last edited:

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to ask a question about how to tweak config files in an infitech server. Specifically with ore gen. Everytime I modify the 'amount' of ore in a config file it is duplicated and fixed when the world actually generates.

olivine {

I adjust to (I:Amount_2=2)

but after world gen it appears,

olivine {
I:Amount_2=2

Sorry if this is not the right thread.
I have never adjusted GT ore configs before, so someone please correct me if I am wrong... but I think the "1" before the equal sign in "Amount_1=" is supposed to represent the default value. Therefore, I think what you want to do is ONLY change the value after the equal sign like so:

olivine {
I:Amount_1=2

H

Horberg

As far as the config file goes it looks like it stuck, no rewrite when the world is created. Still exploring whether it had an impact. Many thanks.

Trying to build a server with very large copper/tin veins, and greatly reduced iron. Want to run one that forces something of a hold in the bronze age, with an emphasis on combat in the 'steam industry'.

many thanks

H

Horberg

Although I still learning how to make larger veins (clusters) via the config...so for now it's a lot of trial and error.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
As far as the config file goes it looks like it stuck, no rewrite when the world is created. Still exploring whether it had an impact. Many thanks.

Trying to build a server with very large copper/tin veins, and greatly reduced iron. Want to run one that forces something of a hold in the bronze age, with an emphasis on combat in the 'steam industry'.

many thanks

GregTech seems to do that by default. I wouldn't adjust the iron values down any lower, lots of Gregtech recipes rely on byproducts you'll only get from processing certain kinds of ore, and you'll want them in large amounts, as byproducts often intentionally are small amounts resulting in large processing setups to get what is needed. If you really want to clamp people into the the bronze age you ought to look into recipe tweaking of products centered around what you can get out of the bronze age machines.

The other problem with lowering the iron values is that people will dig up even more extensive craters in the world to get to what they are after. Are you really prepared to make big bedrock holes in your world even larger and more of an eyesore?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

H

Horberg

Valid point, although to be honest I don't know how to adjust them just yet. I've changed the 'Amount' field and haven't seen any appreciable difference. So I feel like I'm off point in regards to adjusting vein size and frequency.

Still trying to grasp how to edit config data.

That being said the server I'm trying to set up is, to a some degree, focused around a scarcity of iron. To the extent it becomes the primary unit of currency. I suppose depending on how open the server becomes but for the moment the co-workers and friends who I'm trying to establish it for will likely be focused more on fighting and industry to fret over the cosmetics.

v.r.

Seppl93

Jul 29, 2019
Valid point, although to be honest I don't know how to adjust them just yet. I've changed the 'Amount' field and haven't seen any appreciable difference. So I feel like I'm off point in regards to adjusting vein size and frequency.

Still trying to grasp how to edit config data.

That being said the server I'm trying to set up is, to a some degree, focused around a scarcity of iron. To the extent it becomes the primary unit of currency. I suppose depending on how open the server becomes but for the moment the co-workers and friends who I'm trying to establish it for will likely be focused more on fighting and industry to fret over the cosmetics.

v.r.

If you wanna change the amount of ore which genereate you have a few options.

(World Generation.cfg) http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing
cassiterite {
B:Asteroid_true=true (Spawn in Asteroid's =true)
I:Density_5=5 (How dense the Ore's spawn; Smaller values = small stones between the Ores)
B:EndAsteroid_false=false (Spawn in Asteroid's inside the End =false)
B:Mars_true=true (Spawn on Mars =true)
I:MaxHeight_120=120 (maximal height of Spawn)
I:MinHeight_40=40 (Minimal height of Spawn)
B:Moon_true=true (Spawn on Moon =true)
B:Nether_false=false (Spawn in the Nether =false
I:OrePrimaryLayer_57=57 (Which Ore generates on top of the vein)
I:OreSecondaryLayer_57=57 (Which Ore generates on the bottom of the vein)
I:OreSporadiclyInbetween_824=824 (Which Ore generates on sporadicly inside the vein)
I:OreSporaticlyAround_57=57 (Which Ore generates on sporadicly around the vein)
B:Overworld_true=true (Spawn in the Overworld =true)
I:RandomWeight_50=50 (Spawnchance to generate the vein; All Weight's / RandomWeight = Chance to Spawn)
I:Size_24=24 (How big the Area of the Spawn is; 32=80x80 Area for example)
B:TheEnd_true=true (Spawn in the End =true)
}

Or if you wanna chance the amound of ore you will get out of preccessing ...
(OverpoweredStuff.cfg)

oreprocessingoutputmultiplier {
I:Adamantium_1=1 (change 1=1 to 1=2 for double output. or 1=3 for triple)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
As soon as someone sets up an iron golem farm or looks into thaumcraft transmutation your economy will collapse. For reference for thaumcraft, you can turn any metal into iron at a 1:1 ratio, any metal I've ever checked at least. That kinda makes an economy system based off iron unviable when it can easily be produced from materials found everywhere.

K

Kiama

I saw on the FTB Simple Solar Boiler wiki page that Gregtech Unofficial 5.09.16 had made it so that you have to pick up and replace them every 3.5 RL hours or their production decreases until it is only 1/3. Is that in effect in Infitech 2?

K

Kiama

As soon as someone sets up an iron golem farm or looks into thaumcraft transmutation your economy will collapse. For reference for thaumcraft, you can turn any metal into iron at a 1:1 ratio, any metal I've ever checked at least. That kinda makes an economy system based off iron unviable when it can easily be produced from materials found everywhere.

In my latest playthrough I am so far not using any kind of spawn-based farm, Thaumcraft, or Bees. I do wish there was a version of this pack that actually forced this. Magic and Bees are fun but I don't want them to be a way to get otherwise limited natural resources.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
In my latest playthrough I am so far not using any kind of spawn-based farm, Thaumcraft, or Bees. I do wish there was a version of this pack that actually forced this. Magic and Bees are fun but I don't want them to be a way to get otherwise limited natural resources.
You could make a script to disable thaumcraft easily enough, just disable the wand recipe so they can never make a wand. For bees there is probably a config to disable hive generation or something similar, ores aren't really a limited resource too, just mine further. Thaumcraft is transmutation as mentioned too, you combine an iron nugget and two copper nuggets with magic to get three iron nuggets, and anything except iron makes you pay for the right to do so, the rare or more precious metals require either difficult to obtain resources, complex setups to produce the resources, or very often both.
I saw on the FTB Simple Solar Boiler wiki page that Gregtech Unofficial 5.09.16 had made it so that you have to pick up and replace them every 3.5 RL hours or their production decreases until it is only 1/3. Is that in effect in Infitech 2?
5.09 is in 3.2, should come into effect then, haven't actually tested in the alphas to see if it happens.

K

Kiama

You could make a script to disable thaumcraft easily enough, just disable the wand recipe so they can never make a wand. For bees there is probably a config to disable hive generation or something similar, ores aren't really a limited resource too, just mine further. Thaumcraft is transmutation as mentioned too, you combine an iron nugget and two copper nuggets with magic to get three iron nuggets, and anything except iron makes you pay for the right to do so, the rare or more precious metals require either difficult to obtain resources, complex setups to produce the resources, or very often both.

Natural resources are infinitely generated but you have to go and find it. Mana beans + patience = infinite metal without going anywhere. I've done this with golems auto-harvesting metal for me. Mana beans are painfully slow to begin with but once you have enough of anything that replicates at all, you might as well have an infinite amount of it. It's honest work getting up to that point but it just isn't the kind of game I want to play.

M

Meatl

Questions are good.

Yes its a little insane. There's lots of ways to generate more energy in the pack; most people are not spamming coal coke ovens to do it. You can do diesel, nitrodiesel, biofuel to name a few. There's thaumcraft generators to consider as well, or you could work towards an IC2 fission reactor if you're near that level of technology.

Also you don't need to run those boilers fulltime, and those numbers were sorta assuming you would.

If you really want to do a treefarm, there's other boilers: a Large Steel Boiler looks inefficient at a glance because it consumes charcoal so quickly, but in terms of steam production its comparable, and its logistically far superior because of its drastically lower heatup duration: you get steam when you need it. Titanium and Tungstensteel boilers are insane (25% improvement each)

Instead of multiple HP Lava Boilers you can look into a Large Heat Exchanger once you have the tech for that. It can consume lava and output superheated steam which can be "double-dipped" by Large Steam Turbines or IC2 Steam Generators.
all of these ways need to supply. Oil or lava - you need to find it. And it's not infinite. I used to use lava boilers for a while by pumping lava from Nether. But when I've already pumped out whole lava lake, I decided to build really infinite source of EU.
Yes, I have only 1.5k EU, but it is not the only source. It's just for being ME-net (and some basic processing machines) ALWAYS able to be online. So it's not insane)
I still have LHE and Gas turbines.

I just built up a Distillation Tower. Can someone tell me, for what can I use Sulfuric Acid except of batteries? D-Tower generates a huge amount of it from oil processing...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
all of these ways need to supply. Oil or lava - you need to find it. And it's not infinite. I used to use lava boilers for a while by pumping lava from Nether. But when I've already pumped out whole lava lake, I decided to build really infinite source of EU.
Yeah I don't personally really believe in magical infinite pools of power. This pack is about the difficulties of power generation and management, so having infinite power sorta detracts from the main point.

I just built up a Distillation Tower. Can someone tell me, for what can I use Sulfuric Acid except of batteries? D-Tower generates a huge amount of it from oil processing...
You can actually leverage those batteries as power. You can make a tiny system that does nothing but assemble batteries, drain them and refill them. Battery cells are not consumed in the process. Its energy-positive, I've done this with the distillation tower in the past.