[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so is there anything that lists all the gregtech aspects and where you can find them, i.e. the code or something?

I've scanned a bunch of things but I think I keep on forgetting to check hulls and such before I put pieces together and I need a bunch of electrum for the magic things.

I've got a wisp farm with liquid death getting me a bunch of crystalized and regular essences which is great, but slow.

With the constant deforming of our railcraft tanks, coke ovens, and boilers, we're trying to explore alternate methods of powering things.

I wasn't very happy to find that my idea of using transceivers to move some things around was thwarted by jason upping the RF upkeep from 10 to 650 rf/t. Much sads were had.

We started up a test server using the dev branch from jason's github to see what alternatives we might use. The pyro oven to make charcoal seemed ok and I think could be made sustainable but I'm not seeing charcoal / steam as a viable plan on the server with the unforming issue unless we moved away from railcraft altogether. Using quantum tanks/bedrockium drums to store steam, pyro for charcoal, etc...

Also jason, doing a clone of your repository is pretty crazy cause of all the jars from past builds in there. Assuming nothing can be done about that hehe

We're highly contemplating allowing charcoal to be created via other means to remove the spamming of unforming coke ovens from the server.

overall, the ppl that are left playing are all having fun, except all of us are scratching our heads on power creation and also fps management. Our lv/mv machines are causing havoc with my fps now so we're going to have to redo our entire machine floor and spread the machines around or something.

C

catt0

so is there anything that lists all the gregtech aspects and where you can find them, i.e. the code or something?

I've scanned a bunch of things but I think I keep on forgetting to check hulls and such before I put pieces together and I need a bunch of electrum for the magic things.
The aspects and their components can be found here, so you can at least combine them if needed:
https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Un.../gregtech/common/GT_ThaumcraftCompat.java#L83
However finding the actual aspects of items is a bit more involved, if you still want to do it just use the github search for the aspect name, e.g.:
https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Un...mmon/items/GT_MetaGenerated_Item_01.java#L353

Also jason, doing a clone of your repository is pretty crazy cause of all the jars from past builds in there. Assuming nothing can be done about that hehe
A shallow clone should do the trick:
https://www.perforce.com/blog/141218/git-beyond-basics-using-shallow-clones
Afterwards you should still be able to pull normally, but the repo will of course grow with every pull, my way to fix it would be to just delete the local repo and do another shallow clone from time to time.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to turn the EBF on and off using redstone? Placing a machine controller does not work on the EBF controller block and the input hatch also does not react to it.

You put machine controller on the side of EBF controller, then place a wireless receiver on the adjacent block (needs to be tile entity). Set the frequency on a corresponding wireless transmitter and there you go.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
@DoomSquirter the GT5u github does contain all info on GT5 aspects, however electrum is really easy to get, I think it's small wire coils? Can't remember the name exactly but the wire thing pretty much every material has, much like nuggets give 1 metallum and tiny dust give 1 perditio they give 1 electrum.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Why do the Steam Furnace and Steam Alloy Smelter bork themselves so easily? I just ragequit a world because the Alloy Smelter I'd built refused to smelt GregTech Copper and Tin ingots into Bronze ingots more than once. The Steam Furnace kept on getting stuck in processing the item and ate the dusts, repeatedly, in different machines, and on different types of items. Apparently you should not feed the Steam Furnace crushed ores, only impure dusts. I don't even think I've seen documentation, anywhere, that tells me not to do that. I've only learned that through trial and error. I've deleted the world in question, so no, sorry, I can't try any suggested fixes.

To Jason, I'm really still relearning the whole GregTech tech tree, including the steam era. It's more like the "why does this machine keep breaking down and stop working" era. I hope to see a new modpack version out soon, can't wait to test it out for myself once you've got it to a releasable state.

Edited to fix minor derps regarding what was not doing something properly. I sometimes put the wrong descriptive text for certain items. Happens a lot if I get frustrated and can't think straight. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The aspects and their components can be found here, so you can at least combine them if needed:
https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Un.../gregtech/common/GT_ThaumcraftCompat.java#L83
However finding the actual aspects of items is a bit more involved, if you still want to do it just use the github search for the aspect name, e.g.:
https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Un...mmon/items/GT_MetaGenerated_Item_01.java#L353

A shallow clone should do the trick:
https://www.perforce.com/blog/141218/git-beyond-basics-using-shallow-clones
Afterwards you should still be able to pull normally, but the repo will of course grow with every pull, my way to fix it would be to just delete the local repo and do another shallow clone from time to time.
that's excellent info. Thanks so much for it. I made my first lv magic converter (not using) and an mv magic absorber with the dragon egg on top and running our ebf off of it hehe I love it. :)

Thanks again

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
Why do the Steam Furnace and Steam Alloy Smelter bork themselves so easily? I just ragequit a world because the Alloy Smelter I'd built refused to smelt GregTech Copper and Tin ingots into Bronze ingots more than once. The Steam Furnace kept on getting stuck in processing the item and ate the dusts, repeatedly, in different machines, and on different types of items. Apparently you should not feed the Steam Furnace crushed ores, only impure dusts. I don't even think I've seen documentation, anywhere, that tells me not to do that. I've only learned that through trial and error. I've deleted the world in question, so no, sorry, I can't try any suggested fixes.

Do you mean your machines are running out of steam?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Do you mean your machines are running out of steam?

No, I mean that the Steam Furnace consumed an entire buffer's worth of steam from a nearby Small Coal boiler only to fail to smelt anything, and coughed and wheezed as if it was not liking the crushed ore at all, which happened to be yellow limonite ore. It seems that with the Steam versions of the Furnace and Alloy Smelter in GregTech, that they don't wait until their internal buffer actually has enough steam to perform one operation, in addition to the fact that they don't seem to want to smelt crushed ores. Not sure if that's a bug or something Greg intended, which might be intended, or maybe I need them hammered first. Although, I could have sworn since starting this modpack, that I've successfully smelted crushed ores in at least vanilla furnaces. The Steam machines mentioned above also seem to consume every bit of steam they can get. GregTech machines being tiered means I wouldn't want to mix High Pressure blocks with lower tier blocks. At least, that doesn't make any sense, from what I've read on the GregTech documentation (read: any document, wiki article, or website containing information regarding GregTech from sources other than Greg himself.) I can find on the Steam Era.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
No, I mean that the Steam Furnace consumed an entire buffer's worth of steam from a nearby Small Coal boiler only to fail to smelt anything, and coughed and wheezed as if it was not liking the crushed ore at all, which happened to be yellow limonite ore. It seems that with the Steam versions of the Furnace and Alloy Smelter in GregTech, that they don't wait until their internal buffer actually has enough steam to perform one operation, in addition to the fact that they don't seem to want to smelt crushed ores. Not sure if that's a bug or something Greg intended, which might be intended, or maybe I need them hammered first. Although, I could have sworn since starting this modpack, that I've successfully smelted crushed ores in at least vanilla furnaces. The Steam machines mentioned above also seem to consume every bit of steam they can get. GregTech machines being tiered means I wouldn't want to mix High Pressure blocks with lower tier blocks. At least, that doesn't make any sense, from what I've read on the GregTech documentation (read: any document, wiki article, or website containing information regarding GregTech from sources other than Greg himself.) I can find on the Steam Era.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Well, in my world I'm able to smelt Crushed Ores just fine, they just produce nuggets which are annoying, which is why I usually convert it to dust first. A Steam Furnace requires 8 mB/t, while an Alloy Smelter requires a whopping 36 mB/t. That means you'd need 8 Coal Boilers running simultaneously, which you just don't want. You could either wait for the boilers and machines to fill up completely (each Steam Machine can store 16 000 mB), and then perform a few operations. Or you could use a BuildCraft or Railcraft Tank to store excess steam, and then pump it out using Redstone engines (which is what I'm doing). Macerating requires just 4 mB/t, so if you let your macerator and a coal boiler running for an hour you have a whole bunch of excess steam which you can then use to smelt or alloy. The key is waiting for there to be enough steam and then put the materials in the machine.

Hope this helps,
Eradur

M

Meatl

Bees can be powerful, but if you never tried them before I must warn you that they require a lot of patience and dedication, especially in this pack.
Bees I usually go for are Diamandi, Edenic (for the Explorer effect, which gives xp), Draconic (eggs can power Magic Energy Converters (or Absorbers?), Withering (wither skulls for nether stars), and whatever I currently need (you can get many different things from bees - most metals, minerals and mob drops). I suggest starting bees when you're at least in HV and can make some Gendustry machines, otherwise breeding can be really painful.
But magic conerters are off in 3.1.23... NEI doesn't show recipes

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I can't check if it is the same in 3.1 as I'm using the 3.2 alpha but check in Thaumcraft, at least in 3.2 they are thaumcraft infusions, the researches unlocked from the arcane bore.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So I can't check if it is the same in 3.1 as I'm using the 3.2 alpha but check in Thaumcraft, at least in 3.2 they are thaumcraft infusions, the researches unlocked from the arcane bore.
Correct. NEI will not show a recipe for Magic Generator or Convertors until you have researched it in Thaumonomicon.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It's more like the "why does this machine keep breaking down and stop working" era.

Sounds like operator error to me. Steam era machines need two things: enough steam to operate and an unblocked exhaust. Provide both of those things and they work indefinitely.

If it runs once and stops then the output is blocked.
If it runs out of steam it makes the out-of-steam/power noise.

The alloy smelter in particular requires a lot of steam. What I did was put a bank of buildcraft glass tanks above my line of steam machines, that way I could always tell at a glance if I had enough steam, if I was running at a steam deficit, etc. If your tanks have plenty of steam yet you're still getting the out-of-power noise then it means your piping is inadequate.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

So you are right Steam machines do not wait until they have enough steam to start an operation. They just assume you will add in the steam thats missing via pipes and start the operation anyways. Basicaly you have two options therefore: Either wait until the buffer of your machine is full (the Boiler will start building up Steam) and start a few operations. Or you can supply enough steam via pipes all the time. GT pipes will suffer a lot doing that though. Maybe very big bronze pipes to steel pipes can handle that. In my opinion the best options are basic fluid conduits or BC pipes. And crushed ores will melt down absolutly fine in your steam furnace as long as you supply enough steam. However, depending on what ore you are using this can cause a huge loss. Limonite for example will only give you three nuggets instead of a whole ingot which you can get by hammering it before. Last its no problem to mix different tiered steam machines. High Pressure just means they will consume/produce more steam. Its even useful to use High Pressure Boilers with normal bronze-machines (as long as you dont wanna go for solar Boilers which are the best in my opinion). What you read probably referred to an ore processing chain where High Pressure machines would perform their actions too fast for bronze-machines to keep up.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so gems, like diamonds, emeralds, etc... I seem to be gathering a whole lot more dusts of these than I'd care to. I know you can break down the nicer gems and get diamonds for example from flawless/exquisite, etc.. It does seem tho that you have a very good tendency to get less than a 1:1 ratio of diamonds from ore. Is the explosion compressor basically the only saving grace to getting actual gems back from dusts and/or do ppl just have to choose to smelt the ore directly if what they are needing atm are the raw gem and not all the byproduct?

Or am I missing something?

Also I know the greater power (lv, mv, hv, etc) for the macerator grants you further slots for extra bonuses, do the other machines follow suit, such as the sifter? Do they increase the odds the higher level the machine is?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Sounds like operator error to me. Steam era machines need two things: enough steam to operate and an unblocked exhaust. Provide both of those things and they work indefinitely.

If it runs once and stops then the output is blocked.
If it runs out of steam it makes the out-of-steam/power noise.

The alloy smelter in particular requires a lot of steam. What I did was put a bank of buildcraft glass tanks above my line of steam machines, that way I could always tell at a glance if I had enough steam, if I was running at a steam deficit, etc. If your tanks have plenty of steam yet you're still getting the out-of-power noise then it means your piping is inadequate.

Well, you can rule out blocked exhaust, I found that out the first time around and gave them plenty of space for that. I even double-checked where the exhaust was facing.

I never knew the bronze era steam machines could supply steam via piping, if that is true I will definitely have to investigate that and possibly put up a bank of boilers of the correct tier - if steam machines are tier dependent.

A particular problem is that the machines themselves don't show their internal steam buffer so if I went and did something else like fetch ores from a chest I might miss them getting some steam. How does one determine the amount of steam available in a machine, anyway?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
A particular problem is that the machines themselves don't show their internal steam buffer so if I went and did something else like fetch ores from a chest I might miss them getting some steam. How does one determine the amount of steam available in a machine, anyway?

The only way that I found was to use GT Portable (MV-era) or Debug (cheat/creative) Scanner.

What I usually do is build EnderIO fluid tank that acts as a buffer for my steam machines (steam boiler->GT pipes->tank->GT pipes->steam machines). With buffer tank, after some time, you'll see how much steam does specific process require and you'll be able to calculate how many of them you can do before machine completely runs out of steam. The worst (steam cost-wise) machines for me were alloy smelter and forge hammer, especially when processing red alloy ingots into plates. Electronic circuits are a real PITA to make early game...

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you can rule out blocked exhaust, I found that out the first time around and gave them plenty of space for that. I even double-checked where the exhaust was facing.

I never knew the bronze era steam machines could supply steam via piping, if that is true I will definitely have to investigate that and possibly put up a bank of boilers of the correct tier - if steam machines are tier dependent.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

You know your machines are full of steam if the boilers start up building steam in their internal buffers. And as I said Steam Machines are not tier-dependent. High Pressure just costs steal and is doing its job faster whether this is producing or operating/eating steam.

E

Eridium

I want to make quarries allowed in my game and change the recipe to thelp one used in Beyond Reality (I think it's a decent balance between it being as easy as the default recipe and being completely disallowed). The recipe is 4 diamond gears and a robotic arm in an assembly machine. How could I do this with Minetweaker? I already attempted to do it following the format in the config files and using all the correct item ids, but the game gives me an error, telling me the format is wrong. Any help? Thanks in advance.