[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
I usually find it easier to make my own Diamonds out of coal. especially if I only need a few.

btw, be sure to check out the recipes for extracting the Diamonds out of the ore, I think it's still better to smelt the ores if you want to get Diamonds, but better to go the Sifter route if you need the dust

Yea, the problem is I need 2 for my first macerator. To make diamonds I need coal dust, and for coal dust you need a macerator... The height is 5-20, so I know I'm looking in the good spot. But thanks for the advice!

M

Meatl

does the hv drill do 3x3 mining? That's all I really care about tbh.
No it doesn't... And it can't mount torches by right-click.
But it i can run around to dig vein layer by layer extremely fast.

However, if something can do 3x3 mining, I would prefer it (with using EnderIO magnet)

Does anyone maybe know a good technique to reliably find diamonds. I've been exploring dozens of caves and have even branch mined at level 11 for a while, but have found none.
You can find a lot of graphite veins in End at 120+ height. It looks like big egg-shaped island in the sky))
Tin, Tungsteen, Iridium and Diamonds - these ores can be easily (relatively) found in End.

But you need to have something to fly) And beat the HEE dragon ofc.

In early game, for coal dust you need just a forge hammer or mortar. Or centrifuging netherrack dust.

You don't REALLY need to fing graphite (diamond) vein at all before you decide to build arc furnace or BigReactors reator.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
No it doesn't... And it can't mount torches by right-click.
But it i can run around to dig vein layer by layer extremely fast.

However, if something can do 3x3 mining, I would prefer it (with using EnderIO magnet)
well the adv drill does do 3x3 mining which is where this discussion started really. So far, as long as I switch modes, it seems to perform ok.

If you use a focal augmenter on a excavation focus, you get a choice of expanding the size of the focus, which I thought might come in handy, but in fact, only makes the first shot shoot wide, and any subsequent shots shoot narrow it seems. and only in one Y level, so really was worthless.

Augmenting a excavation focus with a couple frugals and the rest for potency works nicely for a beam miner but it chews through vis quite fast.

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
You can find a lot of graphite veins in End at 120+ height. It looks like big egg-shaped island in the sky))
Tin, Tungsteen, Iridium and Diamonds - these ores can be easily (relatively) found in End.

But you need to have something to fly) And beat the HEE dragon ofc.

In early game, for coal dust you need just a forge hammer or mortar. Or centrifuging netherrack dust.

You don't REALLY need to fing graphite (diamond) vein at all before you decide to build arc furnace or BigReactors reator.

Thanks!

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know the correct formula for large plasma turbine rotors? it doesn't seem to match with the in-game tool tip or include efficiency.

according to the wiki for example it says

• Optimal Flow = Nominal Output / Fuel Value
  • Helium Plasma: (10000 * 40) / (4096) = ~98 L/s or ~5 L/t

and

• A Large Plasma Turbine using a "40000L/sec" turbine item has a nominal output of (40000/20) * 40 = 80000 EU/t.

so 30000EU/t turbine (large tungstensteel) should put out 60000EU/t before losses
this would be 15 mb/t using helium plasma (4096Eu/mb)

but the tooltip says optimal plasma flow (optimal plasma energy value per tick) = 30000 EU/t
this would be 8 mb/t using helium plasma (4096Eu/mb)

and i don't see an efficiency modifier so with a 140% efficient rotor would it be reduced plasma usage or increased energy output?

and also does this mean the maximum possible energy generation from a large plasma turbine is 80000 EU/t before losses? the way it reads different plasmas only increase the energy density of the storage and reduce the plasma consumption of the large turbine. And also the durability loss is EU dependant so no other plasma other than helium really has that much benefit other than acting as a larger reservoir

Yeah, I think the multiplier got changed to x20 in 5.08.28 ("changed large plasma gen output"), and it would appear that it still hasn't been changed on the wiki. Pyure? :>

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, the problem is I need 2 for my first macerator. To make diamonds I need coal dust, and for coal dust you need a macerator... The height is 5-20, so I know I'm looking in the good spot. But thanks for the advice!
You can make coal dust with an hammer. Mine the ore with hammer to get crushed coal ore, craft it again with hammer to get impure dust and then wash it.

Usually i play with the config that the implosion compressor is needed for industrial diamonds, so i get my fist two diamonds by strip mining at heigh 7 for small diamond ores.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I usually find it easier to make my own Diamonds out of coal. especially if I only need a few.

btw, be sure to check out the recipes for extracting the Diamonds out of the ore, I think it's still better to smelt the ores if you want to get Diamonds, but better to go the Sifter route if you need the dust
No, I've done the maths before and once you hit purified ore the choice between things like the pulverizer and putting it through a sifter is fairly simple to work out, and for the gems with tiered quality? The sifter is strictly worse for dust, and only marginally better for gems, 0.795 average gem output for sifter vs 0.75 gem output for centrifuge/pulverizer/whatever, for dusts it's similar but reversed, 0.97 dusts for sifter vs 1 for not.

Note all that goes changes if you can autoclave the dust into gems (making the sifter effectively useless if >=90% success rate), or it's an untiered gem (increasing sifter yield by ~50%).

On a tangent of sorts, I normally supplement early game diamond needs with TT infused crops, the vitreous crop is relatively easy to get, although you will need infusion, and will provide a trickle of diamonds to you. I mean a trickle too, it takes something like 1-2 hours to grow, and they're incredibly difficult to get the stats high enough to get a non-neligible extra seed drop chance or decent growth speed.

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
You can make coal dust with an hammer. Mine the ore with hammer to get crushed coal ore, craft it again with hammer to get impure dust and then wash it.

Usually i play with the config that the implosion compressor is needed for industrial diamonds, so i get my fist two diamonds by strip mining at heigh 7 for small diamond ores.

Thanks, just found that out. That made all the difference, just made the macerator (did have to mine coal for an hour, but whatever). Great work on GT5 unofficial, btw.

No, I've done the maths before and once you hit purified ore the choice between things like the pulverizer and putting it through a sifter is fairly simple to work out, and for the gems with tiered quality? The sifter is strictly worse for dust, and only marginally better for gems, 0.795 average gem output for sifter vs 0.75 gem output for centrifuge/pulverizer/whatever, for dusts it's similar but reversed, 0.97 dusts for sifter vs 1 for not

Good to know, thanks!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So, I'm going to chime in and say that we too, are having a LOT of serious issues with rc tanks, rc coke ovens, being unformed when we either login or, more often, when we leave the area and come back.

3 days ago when this problem first occurred, we ditched the immibis chunkloaders because that was what was stated helped in this thread.

The problem never got better and still happens, and when it does, it kills everything in our base.

We are currently using rc personal anchors and it's not helping the situation whatsoever.

Any thoughts? Known issue, any workarounds? Again, running on a server, so this is SMP.
my recollection is that personal anchors only chunkload when you're online, so they won't do anything to prevent your login problems (this doesn't address your come-back problems)

Yeah, I think the multiplier got changed to x20 in 5.08.28 ("changed large plasma gen output"), and it would appear that it still hasn't been changed on the wiki. Pyure? :>
I don't remember sorry :\

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
hah, welcome back :) btw, Jason is experimenting with a newer version of GT afaik. This one will change early game quite a lot, so if you wanna start out again it might be smart to wait until it gets pushed out. Correct me if Im wrong, im not too deep into it.

The world i left back in 3.1 had barely just started, i built an EBF and had it ticking over 1 aluminium bar at a time for its upgrade and thats when i burnt myself out because minecraft was literally all i was playing.

S

Sacaros

This is my first post, so pictures might not be shown immediately.

Long time lurker here, hello everybody! I got into Infitech few months back, and it's been a fun journey.

One of the most fascinating things in this mod is the amount of automation you are able to make. Basically everything can be (and should be) automated, like Greg said. Me and my buddies started small, traveling first 10h before finding good enough place to settle (Read: found tin. Tin is King). Then when we got enough machinery, the fun begun.

For a start, we created some part automation, basically circuits and LV electric motors. LV motor machine can be seen below:
14079852.jpg

That thing wasn't so hard to make, few enderIO buffers slapped between GT machines. Took some testing to get fully working, and getting the pipes not spit everything everywhere. This thing here must have saved me hours of tedious crafting.

Speaking of tedious things, ore processing is pure ass in this pack. It needs so much resources and time. My helpful minions weren't always available, and I didn't want to waste my precious creeper-killing time any longer. So, that's how Automaticon was born:
14079868.jpg

Made with mostly medium voltage machines, this beast could crunch it's way through ores like none other! Production line was improved with GT type filters, that allowed separation between main products and tiny pile side-products. That's what the GT brass pipes are for, when item is passing type filter it can be sorted when using GT item pipes. This made designing the line so much easier, you could be sure same things always went to same places.

There were problems in this MV-era design. The efficiency was quite low, speed wasn't the best and it really couldn't be improved without rebuilding it. So that's what we did. Build it anew, and this time we had high voltage allowing us to use finest tech and devices. We decided to make something compact, something challenging, and this is what we ended up with.

After hours of planning and hard work, it was finally finished.
14079887.jpg
14079897.jpg

5x5x10 blocks of machines, piping, cabling, wooden covers, and swears. This was our first true processing array. 2x HV macerators leads to 4x MV ores washing plants. Then the path is divided, you can go through 2x HV macerators -> 8x LV centrifuges OR 2x LV thermal centrifuge -> 2x HV macerators. This was done because of different side-products, you can only get 3rd side-product through thermal centrifuge-route. The routing of products was the most challenging part, I even re-routed some of the final products through early pipes to get them sorted through type filters. There wasn't simply enough space to make separate lines for every processing phase.

The cabling was fun. Very, very fun. You can see how much fun by just looking at this picture:
14079899.jpg

I had to make some questionable decisions when creating this, meaning LV/MV/HV cables, transformers and battery boxes right next to each other. Oh, and there's water. There's that feeling of imminent explosion when working with GT electricity, and I can tell you it's a relief when you power it up and produce no crater. I used tens of covers to separate machines from each other, and about same amount of pipe plugs. Nicely said, BC pipes are very compatible with every mod in the pack.

It takes 63s to process iron ore, from start to finish. 100% process efficiency, combined with full automation and possibility to stop process after every step. There's still lot of work to do, I think 3.0 version will use Applied Energistics network for item tasks.

Automaticon was created on official Infitech server.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
my recollection is that personal anchors only chunkload when you're online, so they won't do anything to prevent your login problems (this doesn't address your come-back problems)

You are very correct. But the issue with logging in and seeing them unformed happened once, while we've had the go mining and come back to find everything shut down and machines groaning at least 4-6 times. All of these ofc with personal anchors for both of us in key locations, definately covering all the affected blocks.

I noticed jason made a github issue that has gone unheard from covertjaguar and noticed a similiar issue dating back 3-4 years that was closed cause nobody could tell him how to replicate this problem reliably.

The only thing I'd add was that our base lasted quite a few days of rigorous playing w/o having any of these problems show up. I was even using arcane lamps over our coke oven farm that could have made invisible blocks causing it to happen, but it didn't. I removed all the arcane lamps as troubleshooting steps and nothing has fixed it.

and it's universal. It's ALL our tanks (1 iron, 1 steel tank), ALL of our coke ovens, all happen at same time, spread out over a 8 chunk area.

We even got inventive to try to overcome this to power our steam gen and came up with idea to supply steam via blaze rods so I went and collected 5 spawners, put them over cursed earth, used a corporeal attractor and a killer joe, with vacuum chest collecting rods and EIO cables feeding all the boilers and now we're self sufficient there.

I guess we have to work towards vacuum freezer, etc to make bedrockium drums then, to get around the buggy railcraft tanks then. Eliminating both the buggy coke ovens and the buggy tanks seems to be the only solution available.

Edit: forgot to add the buggy LP boiler, which also goes unformed, and when formed still has heat, as if it wasn't unformed as if you had picked a block (which ofc you have to do to reform it), but instead was starved for fuel. We've got a bronze and steel boiler now, so it's not much of a concern. We were just using it to burn up all our excess creosote.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You are very correct. But the issue with logging in and seeing them unformed happened once, while we've had the go mining and come back to find everything shut down and machines groaning at least 4-6 times. All of these ofc with personal anchors for both of us in key locations, definately covering all the affected blocks.

I noticed jason made a github issue that has gone unheard from covertjaguar and noticed a similiar issue dating back 3-4 years that was closed cause nobody could tell him how to replicate this problem reliably.

The only thing I'd add was that our base lasted quite a few days of rigorous playing w/o having any of these problems show up. I was even using arcane lamps over our coke oven farm that could have made invisible blocks causing it to happen, but it didn't. I removed all the arcane lamps as troubleshooting steps and nothing has fixed it.

and it's universal. It's ALL our tanks (1 iron, 1 steel tank), ALL of our coke ovens, all happen at same time, spread out over a 8 chunk area.

We even got inventive to try to overcome this to power our steam gen and came up with idea to supply steam via blaze rods so I went and collected 5 spawners, put them over cursed earth, used a corporeal attractor and a killer joe, with vacuum chest collecting rods and EIO cables feeding all the boilers and now we're self sufficient there.

I guess we have to work towards vacuum freezer, etc to make bedrockium drums then, to get around the buggy railcraft tanks then. Eliminating both the buggy coke ovens and the buggy tanks seems to be the only solution available.
I'm wondering if this problem is server-specific. I certainly haven't had any similar problems in my single-player world.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm wondering if this problem is server-specific. I certainly haven't had any similar problems in my single-player world.
it's gotta be smp plus pack specific tho. We've played packs in the last 3 months where I've personally made rc tanks and this didn't happen. I find it a bit wierd.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I've just come back on after upgrading to 3.1.23 and leaving my world to run for a few weeks while I was away on business.

I noticed a couple of things:

My multiblocks all seem to pick up problems now. My 3 EBFs, (which had been running for months previously with no issues, all had malfunctions, and the 20 processing arrays making D and T for my Mk 1 fusion reactor had all shut down. Was machines breaking down re-enabled in v.23? I had previously been fixing all machines with duct tape from the beginning.

My thaumcraft treefarm harvesting greatwood used to produce way over my usage, but now it cannot keep up with demands. Demand has not increased. I still have all the golems, and they're collecting away happily. Did anything change here or is it just some golem strangeness?

M

Meatl

I spent a whole WEEK to craft Gravichestplate and I was so dissapointed(
Tons of tin, tons of gunpowder, tons of coal...
And it drains 30M of EU over 15 minutes! For what? For levitation instead or hovering?

I gonna roll back to advanced nanochest -_-.
Also I ask my self, what does HV Drill do? Drains energy of course!

I think top tier GT instruments are bad balanced between energy consumption and efficiency

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
You can use some Ultimate Lappacks somewhere in your inventory to automaticaly recharge the gravichestplate. Also i dont think the energy usage is to bad, since you dont fly all the time (except in the end, but thats where ultimate lappacks are nice) so it lasts way longer than only 15 minutes.

I started loving the gravichestplate when i started building our base, its just like creative mode, especialy with the Vajra. Only thing missing is automaticly refilling the inventory with materials, but ive heard there is something from pneumaticcraft which can do that...

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
Only thing missing is automaticly refilling the inventory with materials
Hm, how about Forestry's backpacks? Use Shift+R-Click while holding a backpack to choose a mode. You need the mode with a yellow arrow (I don't remember its title). Then put one stack (of some blocks) in the inventory and other stacks into the backpack.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Then you would still have to refill the backpacks :D

But since im using the builder a lot in recent times i dont have the need to carry several barrels of building materials with me...