[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
How about collect Apiarist's Backpacks in Golden Bag?
View attachment 25201
Also you can store Golden Bags in each other. It's very big portable storage.

True, perhaps, but that still doesn't answer the question of actually sorting items, which at least some of the mods in this modpack do. When designing a system for storing and retrieval of items, I usually take into account what needs to be processed, and sort those items accordingly. I take it you've checked the recipe for the GBOH? ;) It requires you make it in a QED, to get one of the items for the QED you have to wash obsidian in a Gregtech washing plant filled with molten enderium. :D Not an early-game item, as you already know! ;)

Also, there is no easy way to have an automated processing system open and retrieve the contents of a GBOH, for two reasons: The first is that I don't think Tema intended to make it easy or possible to do so. The second is that it's contents are hidden in it's data somehow, and not there in plain sight, which kinda supports my first point.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
@BrickVoid you want automate everything? :D I am only talking about "how can I store many kinds of bees outside of my base".
I build the QED about month ago and I think it was not very hard. Of course it's not an early game item but you can use bags from BluePower. Very easy to craft. I used them a long time, before the QED.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Of course it's not an early game item but you can use bags from BluePower. Very easy to craft. I used them a long time, before the QED.
This makes sense. Bags are definitely not an "ideal" solution, but if they were a great solution there'd be no incentive to upgrade.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If these other methods are interesting (and expensive) please enlighten me on what they are, I'd be very interested to see something that rivals Ender Chests in practical uses.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Alluded to above: a lot of people use Magic Mirrors from thaumcraft. There's a few variations of it (for instance a hungry mirror which will automatically ender-chest certain whitelisted items for you, such as cobblestone). You "open" the mirror like a bag and anything you drop into it comes out a mirror back at your base where it gets forwarded to the logistical container of your preference (diamond chests in my case)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Actually its not entirely true... Most of GT ores require block update nearby to "turn" into an ore. I am using clearblocks few times, when I really struggle with finding certain ores.
I guess in this pack it's not such a big deal. a quarry should give a update while it removes blocks. if mek digiminer was in, poss that would cause issues since it picks out ores piecemeal. It's an interesting phenomenon tho. you go looking for copper/tin early on, can't find any for hours, but when you do find a vein, you're mining for hours till you fall asleep drooling at the keyboard with stacks of copper in your inventory and you're out of picks lol. the definition of when it rains it pours.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not worried about huge amounts of stuff to transport remotely, I'd probably use a tesseract for that anyway as ender chests would be a bit slow then. What I'm looking for in this modpack is what I could use to remotely send items into my storage network. It's extremely impractical to have to place down and feed a tesseract every time I want to send a couple of items back. That is why I wanted to know why the Ender Chests mod isn't in this modpack, as if used properly, it could make gathering of items like bees much easier as I could then remotely send them into my storage network. If it's just "to make it more interesting" I think I will just drop Ender Chests in myself, and maybe even require the chests to be built with some obscure Gregtech variant of obsidian through Minetweaker scripts.

You have no idea how time-consuming it is to be collecting bee species and have to stop and make a run back to base every time your inventory fills up. While an Apiarist's Backpack is possible, it's not practical if you want to get a large variety of bee species, like me.

I tend to view Ender Chests as more of a utilitarian item which will serve as an input chest to an extensive sorting system. Having them in the modpack wouldn't hurt anything, particularly if not using the normal recipes for them.

If these other methods are interesting (and expensive) please enlighten me on what they are, I'd be very interested to see something that rivals Ender Chests in practical uses.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

What you want is the hungry magic mirror. It's a one slot "bag" where anything you put into it comes out of the magic mirror you have it linked to. Early game I had it spit out into a chest (you can use a hungry chest or a hungry maw on a regular chest) that was being sorted by my sorting golem. With filters I have it automatically sending the items I specifically harvest (wheat, rotten potatoes, string, etc.) and pick up automatically through the mirror, and any amount of cobblestone or dirt over a stack (which means my digger's pack is full) automatically through the mirror as well.

In this way you can send items from your inventory back into your system. For sending items to you you can connect an aerial interface to a remote request logistic pipe.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What you want is the hungry magic mirror. It's a one slot "bag" where anything you put into it comes out of the magic mirror you have it linked to. Early game I had it spit out into a chest (you can use a hungry chest or a hungry maw on a regular chest) that was being sorted by my sorting golem. With filters I have it automatically sending the items I specifically harvest (wheat, rotten potatoes, string, etc.) and pick up automatically through the mirror, and any amount of cobblestone or dirt over a stack (which means my digger's pack is full) automatically through the mirror as well.

In this way you can send items from your inventory back into your system. For sending items to you you can connect an aerial interface to a remote request logistic pipe.
Mentioned....two posts above yours :p

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Is there a way to start into IC2 in this modpack? I try to look up the recipes for some machines and they don't even show a "this item is disabled" message, nor do they even have a crafting recipe. I assume in some cases we're meant to substitute the Gregtech equivalent, but I'm not even sure how that works as some of the Gregtech machines require pretty complicated parts.

Is there a build order for getting set up in IC2 and Gregtech basic tiers of machines that I should follow?

it also doesn't help that in some cases, f.ex the Gregtech basic extractor, the machine requires magnetic components that can only be acquired in a complicated machine that doesn't appear to be buildable without several other basic machines set up to make it. There is a lot of confusion regarding the recipes in this modpack, and it also doesn't help that some recipes I've come across show the IC2 cable as a substitute for the Gregtech equivalent, but the IC2 variant of the item shown as a substitute can't even be crafted.

It took me ages to figure out how rubber even worked. I would have liked to build the IC2 Electric Furnace, but no, I can't even craft that, it seems I have to craft the Gregtech equivalent, if I'm reading these recipes anywhere near right.

If anyone has a detailed build order with recipes I can actually start out with, I'd certainly appreciate it if you could post or link to it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there a way to start into IC2 in this modpack? I try to look up the recipes for some machines and they don't even show a "this item is disabled" message, nor do they even have a crafting recipe. I assume in some cases we're meant to substitute the Gregtech equivalent, but I'm not even sure how that works as some of the Gregtech machines require pretty complicated parts.

Is there a build order for getting set up in IC2 and Gregtech basic tiers of machines that I should follow?

it also doesn't help that in some cases, f.ex the Gregtech basic extractor, the machine requires magnetic components that can only be acquired in a complicated machine that doesn't appear to be buildable without several other basic machines set up to make it. There is a lot of confusion regarding the recipes in this modpack, and it also doesn't help that some recipes I've come across show the IC2 cable as a substitute for the Gregtech equivalent, but the IC2 variant of the item shown as a substitute can't even be crafted.

It took me ages to figure out how rubber even worked. I would have liked to build the IC2 Electric Furnace, but no, I can't even craft that, it seems I have to craft the Gregtech equivalent, if I'm reading these recipes anywhere near right.

If anyone has a detailed build order with recipes I can actually start out with, I'd certainly appreciate it if you could post or link to it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
IC2 is just generally hard to clear out of the recipes list even when you disabled the recipes. Some of machines you may still need but most are replaced by a GT equivalent.

For your magnetic components: this is a case of there being too many recipes that you tend to miss things. Your first tier magnetic component will be a rod plus 4 redstone, it doesn't require a machine.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
IC2 is just generally hard to clear out of the recipes list even when you disabled the recipes. Some of machines you may still need but most are replaced by a GT equivalent.

For your magnetic components: this is a case of there being too many recipes that you tend to miss things. Your first tier magnetic component will be a rod plus 4 redstone, it doesn't require a machine.

I agree on there being too many recipes, with Gregtech, there are six million ways to get to end-game, and Greg certainly took care of adding enough of them in! :D

As for the rod, it's one made of iron or steel, right? Some days I can't even seem to find the rod recipe, makes me wonder sometimes.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
@BrickVoid GT is not easy.
You can make some rubber sheets in a steam alloy smelter. But you need make a Mold (Plate). And a steam extractor for rubber pulp. Wait, and a Bronze Plated Blast Furnace for steel ingots (or find their in loot chests). Also, for the BPBF you need tons of tin and copper! :D
Yeah, it's GT. But in the 09 version... full hardcore.
The sweet guide will help you in other aspects. Maybe. :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I agree on there being too many recipes, with Gregtech, there are six million ways to get to end-game, and Greg certainly took care of adding enough of them in! :D

As for the rod, it's one made of iron or steel, right? Some days I can't even seem to find the rod recipe, makes me wonder sometimes.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
if memory serves, its an iron rod + 4 redstone in a shapeless recipe.

You need this in order to progress in any way shape or form with GT. All rods beyond iron will require the appropriate machine to magnetize them.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
@BrickVoid GT is not easy.
You can make some rubber sheets in a steam alloy smelter. But you need make a Mold (Plate). And a steam extractor for rubber pulp. Wait, and a Bronze Plated Blast Furnace for steel ingots (or find their in loot chests). Also, for the BPBF you need tons of tin and copper! :D
Yeah, it's GT. But in the 09 version... full hardcore.
The sweet guide will help you in other aspects. Maybe. :)

I finally got it working, thanks! Although that guide is a bit outdated, I did some time-honored experimentation, and managed to get the solar steam boiler running, and outputting into a steam extractor. :D It took me ages to figure out that the extractor needs to go directly in front of the output vent on the steam boiler! Now all I need is to drain a small pond of water! :D

To whomever is working on the quests for this modpack, please, remember to include fine details like *where* the machines need to be placed, it will help greatly! ;)

If anyone knows how to update the links to the gamepedia for the guide linked to please update them, as it seems when I try opening them, gamepedia thinks they're broken and just displays it's main page instead of loading the links. It might be a problem with links no longer pointing to a valid page.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I now have a new problem, how do I get a red alloy ingot? I've looked at all the recipes for anything with red alloy in it, and nothing shows me how to get! The only thing that gets me anything red alloy is bees, and that's only for a small pile of dust. I'm not even sure what the bees are going to require in order to produce red alloy dust piles, even!

Edit: Never mind, either Minecraft or the mods are being derpy again. The recipe is apparently 1 copper dust plus 4 redstone in an alloy smelter, for future reference, if anyone else is having problems making a red alloy ingot.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It took me ages to figure out that the extractor needs to go directly in front of the output vent on the steam boiler! Now all I need is to drain a small pond of water! :D
Early game you might want to consider railcraft water tanks for your water source, at least if you're not living in a desert/badlands biome. They're not too expensive and I found that two of them were enough water until I got to where I could build EIO reservoirs.

Reactions: Pyure

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Early game you might want to consider railcraft water tanks for your water source, at least if you're not living in a desert/badlands biome. They're not too expensive and I found that two of them were enough water until I got to where I could build EIO reservoirs.

I usually like to set up next to a river or lake and dry it out with sponges from OpenBlocks, which aren't craftable in this modpack. I'm slowly drying out a nearby river and once I get far enough along it, if I haven't got the item I need for the EIO reservoirs I'll consider Railcraft water tanks. The only problem with both of them is that they're not really portable water sources. I also found a nice location near Extreme Hills in a Redwoods Forest biome, that means I can get plenty of mob drops quite easily. :D

Thanks anyway!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
To whomever is working on the quests for this modpack, please, remember to include fine details like *where* the machines need to be placed, it will help greatly! ;)

What? When? How? I've been out of action for a while - when did quests in infitech become a thing?