[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
i just want to get the placed pipe back in my inventory :)

perhaps Netherus is right with a electric wrench... i haven't work with it until now!

thanks i will build and try it !:)

Leftclick with wrench should do it, if it's of the appropriate tier of metal. Gregtech wrenches can also wrench chests around, and wrench up crafting tables so just be careful where you leftclick, 'cause Gregtech wrenches can wrench up more than just Gregtech machines and pipes! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I think this maybe got out of hand.

d8DVVYI.jpg

32Xvavt.jpg

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You found out that you can produce your own hungry nodes and then fed them what? Because those look kinda nuts.
I haven't dabbled much in Pneumaticcraft - will look into that, or I might possibly see what Thaumcraft Golems, or BC Robotics, can do. I haven't dabbled in them much, either! :D
Thaumcraft golems should definitely be able to do it, they can't fly though so you'd need to build some stairs going up so they can reach every level.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

d8DVVYI.jpg

32Xvavt.jpg

You do realize, when you convert that node, that all of those compound aspects will disappear and be replaced by primary aspects representing what those aspects in there break down to? :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
You found out that you can produce your own hungry nodes and then fed them what? Because those look kinda nuts.

There is a way to make your own hungry nodes with ravenous bees, but I didn't do that. This is just a pile of empowering bees left to work for months.

You do realize, when you convert that node, that all of those compound aspects will disappear and be replaced by primary aspects representing what those aspects in there break down to? :D

Yeah, it will energize at a very high cVis level heh. One of these would feed dozens of advanced alchemical furnaces.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
There is a way to make your own hungry nodes with ravenous bees, but I didn't do that. This is just a pile of empowering bees left to work for months.

Yeah, it will energize at a very high cVis level heh. One of these would feed dozens of advanced alchemical furnaces.

If it doesn't hit hidden cap(s) Azanor put on the node creation system, then yes, it might energize into a very high cVis level. If it does hit the hidden cap all of the excess above that cap will just be wasted time and items fed to the node. About the only thing they'll do is ensure it gets you a max sized node, and even then only to the point that sufficient items that had been fed to it would have done, anyway.

If you really want to know, ask Azanor himself, and give the Thaumcraft version used in the modpack or mod installation you're using. He created the node system, he'd know for sure if it'll convert to what you want it to convert to. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Yes it affects all the crafting. For some reason recipes gets removed until the next restart. To work around this (little bit) is to do not look at USE recipes for wooden planks.

As I said the bug is in IC2 and NEI combination (happens even only with these two mods installed). Yes there is a way to "fix" this, but it would pretty much require writing ALL the recipes containing ANY WOOD PLANKS into minetweaker by HAND.

You need to look further into this problem. There has got to be a better solution than constantly having to restart Minecraft because the two mods concerned prevent me from seeing recipes I'm supposed to be seeing. This has been affecting other recipes than just wood planks into sticks or suchlike, I have been playing the past few days, and several recipes aren't showing up as they should do. It is completely random and very annoying.

If you have to write up a lot of Minetweaker entries, I seriously recommend you get a word processor, text editor, whatever takes your fancy, that's capable of outputting to a text file entries for the Minetweaker items you'd have to tweak. If it can do batch operations, it'd probably be able to speed up the process somewhat.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
You need to look further into this problem. There has got to be a better solution than constantly having to restart Minecraft because the two mods concerned prevent me from seeing recipes I'm supposed to be seeing. This has been affecting other recipes than just wood planks into sticks or suchlike, I have been playing the past few days, and several recipes aren't showing up as they should do. It is completely random and very annoying.

If you have to write up a lot of Minetweaker entries, I seriously recommend you get a word processor, text editor, whatever takes your fancy, that's capable of outputting to a text file entries for the Minetweaker items you'd have to tweak. If it can do batch operations, it'd probably be able to speed up the process somewhat.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

If by "look further" you mean continue to pester the IC2 devs, then that's already being taken care of, by the developers and users of several different modpacks. There is literally nothing we can do about it here without changing every single recipe in the game that uses wood and rewrite them to not use the ore dictionary. That would literally be thousands of recipes. If YOU want to do this and post it for all of the modpacks in question, feel free. However, we have more productive things to put our work into for this modpack.

Reactions: Pyure

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Please fix BigReactors.
1. It consumes too much water and produces not enough steam steam. (GT machines seem to do it equal).
2. It can't "eat" distilled water.
So I can't use it with GT steam turbine. Producing steam with this type of reactors become pretty useless( And it "falls out" from integration in MV/HV gameplay.

3. It would be nice if BigReactor's reactor could consume IC2 coolant instead of water ^^.

At the current state this mod looks as not integrated enough.

Sry for my Englsh)

I'm new to this modpack - what was the original reasoning for putting Big Reactors into this modpack in the first place?

In any case, it would be easier for them to just adjust the Big Reactors recipes to fall in line with Gregtech and keep steam production and integration in line with what you'd expect regarding cross-mod compatibilty. Which is mostly up to the modpack creator, anyway.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Big Reactors was added as a cool way to generate RF power. Big machines with moving parts. It was specifically reconfigured such that it is NOT usable as a source of steam for GT. It is definitely not meant as a power source for GT. There is a complex and complicated way to convert from RF to EU with pneumaticraft, which we have taken pains to make sure is balanced and difficult.

As far as water consumption goes, that is a long-standing bug with big reactors itself. It has a water to steam conversion ratio of 1:1, whereas everything else in minecraft uses 1:180 (and real life is 1:1800). The developer knows about the issue, and is fixing it for the 0.5 release (which isn't coming out any time soon). You are left with two options: only use the BR reactor and BR turbine for a closed loop, or use transfer pipes with a stack of speed and world interaction upgrades to supply the water.

Also note that when I say "we", while done with input from the entire dev team, Jason McRay did the vast majority of the work.

Reactions: Pyure

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019

No, what he's saying is that there's a limit to how much cVis per tick an energized node can generate, and that you have probably already surpassed that point. Regardless, that is a rediculously massive node :p

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean this?
http://i.imgur.com/1cmgIjT.png
If thats it then I have to dissapoint you its not a farm to harvest the plants but rather to maximize the output of the two oxygen collectors shown in the middle.

edit: You could theoretically automate it with pneumaticraft drones.
I always wondered what that was for... I never could make out that those were oxygen collectors in there. Are you sure that that much wheat has an impact on the gathering? I was lead to believe the cap would be hit much sooner than that, but I never tested it.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I always wondered what that was for... I never could make out that those were oxygen collectors in there. Are you sure that that much wheat has an impact on the gathering? I was lead to believe the cap would be hit much sooner than that, but I never tested it.
As far as I know there is no limit :)

This is in the overworld:
LvVJWVI.png

This is in my farm in the asteroid belt:
6koZ3x8.png

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Its not our issue... Its IC2 problem. I dont have time to write scripts for over 500 recipes for each plank, we have more important things to do. If you want a fix, then just dont look up uses for wooden planks.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Its not our issue... Its IC2 problem. I dont have time to write scripts for over 500 recipes for each plank, we have more important things to do. If you want a fix, then just dont look up uses for wooden planks.

It's more of an issue to me when the wooden plank recipe works at the start or early part of a session, then suddenly stops working - it is in fact the main reason I reported it - because it stopped working. If some recipe keeps breaking or continues to be hard to find the recipe because of reasons I don't know the underlying issues behind then yes I will most certainly want it fixed!

I don't know if I made myself clear here, this issue needs a fix, because it is irritating to the point where I might not play the modpack until it gets fixed. At least keep checking with the IC2 developers to make sure if a fix becomes available, that we can get it the minute it's a fix for this particular problem.

I really shouldn't have essential recipes breaking on me, you know that. So just please tell me you're waiting on a fix and will publish it to the modpack when it becomes available. That's what I believe should happen, eventually.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

S

Sypher_

So would it be a good idea to start a world with this pack, or would some update come along in the near future that would call for resetting the world? Like an update to 1.8 or something?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
It's more of an issue to me when the wooden plank recipe works at the start or early part of a session, then suddenly stops working - it is in fact the main reason I reported it - because it stopped working. If some recipe keeps breaking or continues to be hard to find the recipe because of reasons I don't know the underlying issues behind then yes I will most certainly want it fixed!

I don't know if I made myself clear here, this issue needs a fix, because it is irritating to the point where I might not play the modpack until it gets fixed. At least keep checking with the IC2 developers to make sure if a fix becomes available, that we can get it the minute it's a fix for this particular problem.

I really shouldn't have essential recipes breaking on me, you know that. So just please tell me you're waiting on a fix and will publish it to the modpack when it becomes available. That's what I believe should happen, eventually.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Of course the fix will get in the minute it will be out.
So would it be a good idea to start a world with this pack, or would some update come along in the near future that would call for resetting the world? Like an update to 1.8 or something?
1.8 is not planned at all. There is a work in progress on pack version 3.2, releasing soon(tm) with quite a lot of changes. So in my opinion if you are starting fresh.... I would wait for that release. If you are impatient.... start playing now, but keep in mind that after 3.2 will hit, some things might start working differently than you expected.

S

Sypher_

I figured 1.8 was a ways off considering the Gregtech6 betas were bumped down to 1.7.10. I'll probably start a new world when 3.2 comes out then. I just didn't want to put so much effort in a world for some major update to come and force a restart.

S

sgninvisible

Hey is anyone else having an issue with processing honeycomb from forestry bees when trying to use a gregtech centrifuge? Or am I just an idiot and missing something really obvious for processing the honeycomb?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hey is anyone else having an issue with processing honeycomb from forestry bees when trying to use a gregtech centrifuge? Or am I just an idiot and missing something really obvious for processing the honeycomb?
Well, if you tell ua what the issue is, than we might be of assistance :) Also which version of the modpack?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk