[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Bad news: enderquarry pump upgrade is fairly buggy.
Good news: it is still getting all the oil even though it is missing most/all of the water/lava.

W

wegga77

Got it working. I had to use a Custom Jar setting on my server. LOVE THIS MOD PACK!!!!

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Got it working. I had to use a Custom Jar setting on my server. LOVE THIS MOD PACK!!!!
Sorry to inform you that there will be no Witchery in this pack - you'll have to leave your mystic branch at home. As consolation, you do get to do Science, Industry, and Technology! :)

W

will_57

The calculation for needed energy of mk3 fusion was broken for quite some time. No one noticed for months it seems... Fixed it a few days ago, but IT2 did not yet update the the newest GT version.
Ran into this bug today when starting up my mk3 reactor for the first time. Apparently this means that a mk3 reactor running the nitrogen plasma recipe cannot be overclocked, so now I'm losing out on some 100k EU/t that I could be producing. This bug and the fluid stack memory leak make it increasingly difficult to continue playing on this version of GT5. Is there a non-intrusive way to update to the latest version of GT5 experimental in Infitech 2?

Reactions: Dlur100

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into this bug today when starting up my mk3 reactor for the first time. Apparently this means that a mk3 reactor running the nitrogen plasma recipe cannot be overclocked, so now I'm losing out on some 100k EU/t that I could be producing. This bug and the fluid stack memory leak make it increasingly difficult to continue playing on this version of GT5. Is there a non-intrusive way to update to the latest version of GT5 experimental in Infitech 2?

You could try nabbing the newest version off of the IC2 forums, warning though there are a ton of changes between 5.08 and 5.09, the way Fuel's are made from Oil is tottaly different, as well as recipe changes that were made sense Polyethylene is now obtainable.

Last edited:

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, there is a thing.
Please test fire foci in smp.
It crashes the server and forces everyone out. The issue came from the official it2 server, and, well, me.

I simply crafted fire foci, tried it, and there was some weird shit. I was repetely timed out of the server, plus it would throw off people. Its not my issue, as the shit would occur even if I would give wand to someone else to try.
My suspition is, that its either just the fire foci, or its interaction with water if its not he first.
Ssp is fine though.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Just replace the old GT with GT 5.08.33 in the mods folder. That version has the nessary bugfixes. Updating to 5.09.xx would mean huge changes. (Or are you allready using the IT2 beta version with GT5.09?)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, there is a thing.
It crashes the server and forces everyone out. The issue came from the official it2 server, and, well, me.

I simply crafted fire foci, tried it, and there was some weird shit. I was repetely timed out of the server, plus it would throw off people. Its not my issue, as the shit would occur even if I would give wand to someone else to try.
My suspition is, that its either just the fire foci, or its interaction with water if its not he first.
Ssp is fine though.

Slider, can you replicate this in your own SMP world? My son and I have both used fire focus with no ill effects on the official server. Could just be that yours is bugged out?

Just replace the old GT with GT 5.08.33 in the mods folder. That version has the nessary bugfixes. Updating to 5.09.xx would mean huge changes. (Or are you allready using the IT2 beta version with GT5.09?)

@Jason McRay would you have a rough estimate of when you might be able to update the pack to the GT version referenced here? I also am stuck with Mk3 fusion not working properly, can't make Neutronium, thus can't make ultimate batter, and can't win minecraft :)

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
If update GT to 09 version in any future pack's releases I need to create a new world? What consequences can be in my old world?
Yes, I know that nobody want to create a new world but so many changes... Tasty, hah.

Last edited:

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay would you have a rough estimate of when you might be able to update the pack to the GT version referenced here? I also am stuck with Mk3 fusion not working properly, can't make Neutronium, thus can't make ultimate batter, and can't win minecraft :)
I'm pretty sure Jason has stopped all development on IT2 v3.1, as he's working heavily on v3.2 which uses the new GT5 5.09. The hope is that the new version will be out by the end of this year, but it may get pushed into January.

Is the ultimate batter what you need to make the ultimate cake? :D

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
If update GT to 09 version in any future pack's releases I need to create a new world? What consequences can be in my old world?
Yes, I know that nobody want to create a new world but so many changes... Tasty, hah.
I would certainly recommend a new world, but you could use NEI to take some stuff with you. Since this will be the fourth time I've restarted Infitech I'm going to be taking my thaumcraft research, bees, and crops with me.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, there is a thing.

Ssp is fine though.
Will test it... but not today... i just returned from pub and I dont want to do anything :)

5.09 will get into the pack with 3.2 (soon). As normal I dont like giving ETA when I am not 100% sure I can get it done.

Also the update will not require new world, everything will work just fine with the old ones. Although some recipes has changed, so if you have autocrafting set up you will need to check it. Check the versioning info on the first post
a.b.xy
a
- Major release, will change only when some big change is added which will not work, or will work incorrectly on old worlds (like MC version update, or massive world generation) - NEW WORLD REQUIRED
b - Minor release, This will change when something is being addded/removed (mostly worlgen stuff like ores) - NEW WORLD NOT NEEDED, BUT NEW STUFF WILL PROBABLY NOT SPAWN IN ALREADY GENERATED CHUNKS
xy - hotfix versions, just hotfixes, that should not affect the world too much
I'm pretty sure Jason has stopped all development on IT2 v3.1, as he's working heavily on v3.2 which uses the new GT5 5.09. The hope is that the new version will be out by the end of this year, but it may get pushed into January.

Is the ultimate batter what you need to make the ultimate cake? :D
As @Timeslice said, either this year on next year :D I just dont want to rush it.

Reactions: Techlone
W

will_57

Just replace the old GT with GT 5.08.33 in the mods folder. That version has the nessary bugfixes. Updating to 5.09.xx would mean huge changes.
Thanks for the help. I updated to 3.1.21, then as you said getting 5.08.33 to work was as easy as swapping out the jar in the mods folder. Now I can start thinking about neutronium production.

W

will_57

Now I discovered that I can no longer get honey from honey drops in the GT fluid extractor; the recipe isn't there. Indeed, it seems a lot of fluid extractor recipes are now missing (for example, all of the seed oil recipes from Pam's Harvestcraft and Forestry). This change resulted solely from switching from 5.08.32 to 5.08.33. I don't see this change mentioned in the changelog, so is this a feature or a bug?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Now I discovered that I can no longer get honey from honey drops in the GT fluid extractor; the recipe isn't there. Indeed, it seems a lot of fluid extractor recipes are now missing (for example, all of the seed oil recipes from Pam's Harvestcraft and Forestry). This change resulted solely from switching from 5.08.32 to 5.08.33. I don't see this change mentioned in the changelog, so is this a feature or a bug?
Compatibility with newer forestry version changed. Now needs forestry 4.2.x.x+. But no idea if other mods are working with that or also need updating.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
With Forestry 4.2 there is need of Gendustry and BDlib to update as well...

I can put together an update today with GT5.08.33, FT 4.2 and Gendustry. But will probably not have time to test that update properly.... As mentioned before... our focus is on pack 3.2... which is going really nice for the past week (huge thanks to @Blood Asp and @Pyure of course, without them the 3.2 wouldn't be even considered - or might be, but not as big update as it is going to be)... But it will most likely not come out this year.... so expect January.