[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
If dimensional anchors are kind of broken it is a new thing, have worked flawlessly for me in multiple worlds on multiple packs.
I can't confirm it 100%... But I have now 3 ppl using Dimensional Anchor and saying that their Chunkloaded base Railcraft Tanks and other machines just unformed.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I can't confirm it 100%... But I have now 3 ppl using Dimensional Anchor and saying that their Chunkloaded base Railcraft Tanks and other machines just unformed.

I have dimensional anchors and a chunkloaded base railcraft tank that didn't form on world load exactly once since I started the pack and that was due to an enderman inside it. :) Not saying there isn't a problem, just saying it isn't solely dimensional anchors plus railcraft tanks because I've used that combination for months. How many railcraft multiblocks covered by this dimensional anchor in my base? 2 max-size tanks, one iron, one steel, 10 36LP boilers, and 200+ coke ovens. So ~250 railcraft multiblocks that have functioned properly every time I've saved/loaded this world, every time I've gone to another dimension and come back, every time I've flown out of range to player-load this stuff and come back. Has to be another variable.

If they've got multiblocks not forming I'd be more suspicious of things that do stuff with invisible blocks, stuff like lights that extend further than basic torches, particularly the various types of thaumcraft lamps.

Last edited:

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I have dimensional anchors and a chunkloaded base railcraft tank that didn't form on world load exactly once since I started the pack and that was due to an enderman inside it. :) Not saying there isn't a problem, just saying it isn't solely dimensional anchors plus railcraft tanks because I've used that combination for months.

If they've got multiblocks not forming I'd be more suspicious of things that do stuff with invisible blocks, stuff like lights that extend further than basic torches, particularly the various types of thaumcraft lamps.
It's happening whether you see it or not.

Edited: Global ecological patterns notwithstanding.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It's happening weather you see it or not.

If that steam tank wasn't working everything that uses steam would stop.
If the creosote tank wasn't working the 10 36LP boilers would stop.
If the 10 36LP boilers stopped working then all my machines would stop.
If the 200+ coke ovens weren't forming then the creosote tank would empty.

I mean if I can't see it and the multiblocks keep working what actually is the problem? :p

I'm playing a singleplayer world, so it could be something that only manifests in multiplayer, although I've used the same combination in multi in other packs without issue presumably with different versions of the two mods though.

Last edited:

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
I've done my setup - 2x Liquid Reactors -> Large Heat Exchanger -> Large HP Turbine -> Large Turbine.
All are automated almost - a replacement of rotors is not. Sadly. Some screenshots.
A fun fact - it's equivalent (avg) to 64x RTG generators but not infinity of course.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
If that steam tank wasn't working everything that uses steam would stop.
If the creosote tank wasn't working the 10 36LP boilers would stop.
If the 10 36LP boilers stopped working then all my machines would stop.
If the 200+ coke ovens weren't forming then the creosote tank would empty.

I mean if I can't see it and the multiblocks keep working what actually is the problem? :p

I'm playing a singleplayer world, so it could be something that only manifests in multiplayer, although I've used the same combination in multi in other packs without issue presumably with different versions of the two mods though.
My 4 diesel gens don't get diesel.
My reactor stops due to the wireless redstone receiver not being triggered, even though the emitter is triggered.
I'm wasting time and resources due to my EBF not getting juice.
Most of the GT machines keep going because they have batt buffers. They just get clogs because the associated oxygen tank has deformed etc. I'm talking 6 tanks all being deformed with a remaining 6 tanks being completely fine, and it's always the same ones. There are a lot of barrels and GT machines in these chunks. It's just weird.

Edit: Maybe the EIO wireless charger is causing issues? It has a range and is one of those things I've never built before. Maybe it's interacting with the dimensional anchor or something? Maybe I'll try taking it down tonight. ...trying to think of other stuff around there that could cause the issue.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I've done my setup - 2x Liquid Reactors -> Large Heat Exchanger -> Large HP Turbine -> Large Turbine.
All are automated almost - a replacement of rotors is not. Sadly. Some screenshots.
A fun fact - it's equivalent (avg) to 64x RTG generators but not infinity of course.
Nice, I like the base.

I'm looking for good blocks to build my labs with that are very solid. There are some laboratory blocks from chisel that seem nice but I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for nice smooth blocks that aren't a connected texture thing.

Also, I really need a decent light source, big, that looks good in my labs. I have tall ceilings, the ceiling where you can just barely build from the ground (clicking the sides of blocks) maybe 6 blocks tall? Anyway, I need some decent light that doesn't look like it's from the turn of the century or made by magic. I like the looks of the Bluepower inverted lights but I'm affraid they won't cast light as far as I'd like. Ideally I want a Thaumcraft lamp that can be flush or inset in the ceiling for a fluorescent look that casts a large area.

Thanks!

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, I like the base.
Thanx! It's not finish yet, no walls, no pretty roof :D And I have not decided exactly how lamps will be located.
Also in my base the distance between floors is 7 blocks + 1 for ceilings. Height per floor is 8. Power of 2. I'm a perfectionist, hah.
Builder's Wand help me a lot. Craft it and you will not regret.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to test a whole bunch of items before deciding that I couldn't make scrap. Stone dust gives me nothing, cobblestone as you said, I also tried furnaces I believe.

Thanks Timeslice for the hint on the enderIO pipes to check if something can be recycled. Much more reliable than throwing a stack in and seeing if anything comes out.
I often end up using netherrack, given how much mining I do in the nether. Alot of cobblestone derivatives work fine, such as stone (I believe), stone buttons (for sure), levers, etc. It only takes a small bit of effort, which was the point. Plain cobblestone is too easy.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
My 4 diesel gens don't get diesel.
My reactor stops due to the wireless redstone receiver not being triggered, even though the emitter is triggered.
I'm wasting time and resources due to my EBF not getting juice.
Most of the GT machines keep going because they have batt buffers. They just get clogs because the associated oxygen tank has deformed etc. I'm talking 6 tanks all being deformed with a remaining 6 tanks being completely fine, and it's always the same ones. There are a lot of barrels and GT machines in these chunks. It's just weird.

Edit: Maybe the EIO wireless charger is causing issues? It has a range and is one of those things I've never built before. Maybe it's interacting with the dimensional anchor or something? Maybe I'll try taking it down tonight. ...trying to think of other stuff around there that could cause the issue.
If you will be able to constantly recreate, can you try to get rid of the dimensional anchor and replace it either with World Anchor or install chickenchunk loaders and use them? And see if it will still be happening or not.

It did not happened once for me, so I am unable to do any extra testing on my side

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
After building an ME Interface Terminal it all makes sense now. Used autocrafting to finish the last 2 fluid reactors. Got creation of new molecular assemblers automated from end to end making that easy to expand as I add recipes. Started playing around with storage drawers, bit late in my world for them but finding them great for handling the various gem types coming out of an enderquarry.

Using the quarry to remove all the terrain around my base in preparation for a major landscaping project. Never tried the pump upgrade before but after some trial and error have the quarry saving oil and voiding lava/water for me so I don't have to go out and do it by hand.

Need to come up with a new side project while the quarry does its thing, maybe I'll get around to finally putting this to use?

bcw1YCc.jpg

Is it ready yet? :p Been waiting all this time for the base aspects to hit 64, perdito finally made it.

Unlikely to be the wireless charger. That's another thing people been using forever considering the popularity of Ender IO, if it had a history of breaking multiblocks we'd have heard of it I think.

If you will be able to constantly recreate, can you try to get rid of the dimensional anchor and replace it either with World Anchor or install chickenchunk loaders and use them? And see if it will still be happening or not.
Seems like the easiest test would be to swap out the d-anchors for railcraft anchors like you're saying. Would avoid using chickenchunks to test, probably end up with entire chunk resets if the issue isn't exactly and only the chunkloader itself.

Last edited:

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019

It did not happened once for me, so I am unable to do any extra testing on my side

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
I haven't used Dimensional since and it has not happened!

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Question about processing arrays:

If I have a processing array with 32 LV machines do I get the same throughput as 2 HV machines without paying the overclocked recipe energy cost?

Oh and I assume it does any voltage transformation internally so as long as I'm giving it enough EU I can feed EV/IV to drive 32 LV machines and not have a problem?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
twisto can you clarify that? I thought processing arrays only allow 16 machines.

In any event, the energy costs should be approximately the same as an HV setup minus infrastructure costs which can be considerable (wiring and transformer losses).

The benefits of the processing array are primarily logistical.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
In any event, the energy costs should be approximately the same as an HV setup minus infrastructure costs which can be considerable (wiring and transformer losses).

Well, bummer about the power thing. That's a fairly serious downside seems like. Don't want to pay quadruple the energy cost for overclocked 32EU recipes just to make for easier logistics. If I have to do that I might as well just use HV machines. Maybe the processing array is only meant for higher tier machines?

It is this bit from the FTB wiki I'm talking about and wondering how/if it has any bearing on using a processing array.
  • If a recipe has a minimum required voltage within a lower tier than that of the machine, the recipe is overclocked. Overclocked recipes are carried out at double normal speed, double normal total energy, and thus quadruple normal energy per tick.

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
@twisto51
First. Only 16 machines in the array are taken into account.
Second. Recipes not will be overclocked with LV machines. The behavior of machines in the array as in the game world.
Third. Don't worry about the input voltage tier. It is only important to consider a tier of the energy hatch and to apply enough energy for machines in the array. 32 EU * 16 machines = 512 EU -> HV energy hatch is a minimum (if it's a single). You may use EV and IV hatches and always wil be fine. I just tested that.
And how @Pyure said
The array is compact multiblock vs 16 machines with cables and item/fluid pipes.

Upd:
It is this bit from the FTB wiki I'm talking about and wondering how/if it has any bearing on using a processing array.
I think you know that increasing of the needful power happens at every tier step. So, the processing array makes no changes in that process it only saves some space.

Last edited:
Reactions: SolManX

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
i have noticed a processing array cannot accept more than a stack at a time as input. such as if you are processing redstone it can only complete 6 operations at a time despite having 16 machines as 6x10redstone/operation is the maximum contained within one stack.

is this an issue or is it just a limitation of how minecraft works?