[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The first step is admitting you have a problem.

nMDMhJc.jpg

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
All I can think of is: WOAH Are there really barrels for crushed ores? Why isn't he processing it? (top left)
I was more pondering the fact that AE2 is also included in this mod pack :)

Also now with storage drawers you can use a compacting drawer to have ingot and nugget in the same storage space. And you can rather easily present all storage drawers to an AE2 system with a ME storage bus on a storage drawers controller.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
All I can think of is: WOAH Are there really barrels for crushed ores? Why isn't he processing it? (top left)

That some stuff that got macerated by accident and isn't worth processing fully yet I'm not ready to just throw it away(apatite and sulfur).

A lot of that stuff could be in my AE2 system if I didn't hate making/automating storage cells. I use AE2 mainly for processing stages and machine components. For that I can get away with just 3 drives of 1k storage units, which are easy to make. If there are over 500 of something I put it in a barrel, if there is less I throw it in a storage drawer. I don't really put useful stuff in storage drawers because the icons are too small and haven't built the controller to tie them into ae2 since I don't put anything useful in the them. :p

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
What type of flying/movement helps in space? Working my space station and the zero gravity can mess with you a bit.

Have advanced electric jetpack and its flying is a bit strange in space :s

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
What type of flying/movement helps in space? Working my space station and the zero gravity can mess with you a bit.

I have never actually been in space in Infitech :) But I think you could try to stabilize gravity in your Space Station by adding thrusters. It should then help with using jetpack.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

GraviSuit has probably the best fly in the game. Thaumostitic harness is right up there.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019

Ironically the regular jetpack and electric jetpack work better than the advanced jetpack, now that they have true hover. The advanced jetpack apparently didn't get updated with the new behavior?

W

will_57

I'm running into issues with a memory leak on a private server running 3.1.14. We recently built an array of electrolyzers and centrifuges for a self-sustaining tier 1 fusion reactor running the tritium/deuterium reaction. After turning it on, we found that the server would consistently become unplayable after a few hours since it would spend all of its time on garbage collection, indicating a memory leak. I ran a heap profiler on the JVM and found that the server was consistently generating either 1267 or 1268 instances of the GT_FluidStack class each second - presumably at the outputs of the electrolyzers and centrifuges. It seems this is a known issue, and Greg patched it 6.00.00. Obviously, that makes me wonder if there's a fix for GT5 unofficial. Was this ever resolved in a later version of Infitech 2? If not, is there a workaround we can use other than restarting the server every few hours?

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Ironically the regular jetpack and electric jetpack work better than the advanced jetpack, now that they have true hover. The advanced jetpack apparently didn't get updated with the new behavior?
Hmm, yeah maybe I'll try to craft an electric jetpack as well. The major issue in space is vertical movement, it is hilariously painful to navigate downwards.
Also, the adv. electric jetpack does have a cool feature, occasionally when I use it in space it thrusts in the direction of my aim rather than straight up, making it amazing for navigation. However, next time I boost I fly straight upwards :/

Oh and by the way, if you are cheap like me remember to repair the Steam Turbines(RC) in the thaumic restorer, it can be automated for 100% zero-maintenance. Though, it does take quite some time.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running into issues with a memory leak on a private server running 3.1.14. We recently built an array of electrolyzers and centrifuges for a self-sustaining tier 1 fusion reactor running the tritium/deuterium reaction. After turning it on, we found that the server would consistently become unplayable after a few hours since it would spend all of its time on garbage collection, indicating a memory leak. I ran a heap profiler on the JVM and found that the server was consistently generating either 1267 or 1268 instances of the GT_FluidStack class each second - presumably at the outputs of the electrolyzers and centrifuges. It seems this is a known issue, and Greg patched it 6.00.00. Obviously, that makes me wonder if there's a fix for GT5 unofficial. Was this ever resolved in a later version of Infitech 2? If not, is there a workaround we can use other than restarting the server every few hours?

Try using processing arrays, it lets you put 16 machines into one.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, yeah maybe I'll try to craft an electric jetpack as well. The major issue in space is vertical movement, it is hilariously painful to navigate downwards.
Also, the adv. electric jetpack does have a cool feature, occasionally when I use it in space it thrusts in the direction of my aim rather than straight up, making it amazing for navigation. However, next time I boost I fly straight upwards :/

Oh and by the way, if you are cheap like me remember to repair the Steam Turbines(RC) in the thaumic restorer, it can be automated for 100% zero-maintenance. Though, it does take quite some time.

The only flight I ever found that let you fly downward at speed was Modular Powersuits with the verticality on the helm set correctly.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
TIL the hard way that coal bees have the creeper effect. Would have been OK if I was wearing my usual armor but had hazmat on since I was doing some reactor stuff. Boom!, dead in 1 hit.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
This is the first time i heard of it. But now knowing about it, it was easy to find and fix.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I finally upgraded from 3.1.7 to 3.1.21.

It seems that all the nuclear fuel recipes can now only use the IC2 uranium and plutonium blobs, and the GT ingot forms are gone. Is this intentional?

I've also just started to try replicators, but I can't get the recyclers to produce any scrap for amplifier. Has this been disabled?

I have a fusion reactor set up (18 processing arrays taking Water to Deuterium and Tritium), but I don't know the best way to get energy out of the plasma. Can someone recommend a turbine setup?

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
My wife is using the travelling chest, had it loaded with stuff and was running around the map. She looked back and had three chests all with the same atuff in them. The travelling chest just duped the whole inventory. This is on a private server.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
My wife is using the travelling chest, had it loaded with stuff and was running around the map. She looked back and had three chests all with the same atuff in them. The travelling chest just duped the whole inventory. This is on a private server.
Travelling Trunk from Thaumcraft? Or is it something else from any of the TC addons (Automagy or Thaumic Tinkerer)