[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Im thinking of doing a basic guide for how to set up all the basic Nuclear reactors and figured i could go here to see what kind of information is currently missing at the IC2 forum. What do you guys feel is the technical difficulty you are having problems with reactors? Is it basic safety routines, setting up the components in the right place or automation the reactors etc? Any feedback is very much appriciated.

Also i think my question got lost earlier but there has been some talk about boosting nuclear from some of the developers and i would like to know a little more about this. Am i right to assume that this will just be a linear increase in the output from the reactor multiblock (either more hot coolant in fluid mode or more electricty in regular mode)?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
there has been some talk about boosting nuclear from some of the developers and i would like to know a little more about this. Am i right to assume that this will just be a linear increase in the output from the reactor multiblock (either more hot coolant in fluid mode or more electricty in regular mode)?
I'm not perfectly sure myself how it will be in the end, but likely it will be like that. Rising the default output of nuclear fuel 2-3x/t, while keeping mox at about the current value. Also the reactor blocks will get EV tier recipes. The reason is that the reactor is really complex to build and needs huge amounts of materials but the output is below other simple and cheaper lowtech EU gen. Not sure currently if i will rise uranium usage or if the output per uranium ore will simply rise.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I do feel like regular reactors are fine at 100-300 eu/tick and mox at 500-1000 eu/tick are fine for cost and complexity. Really the thing that i think should be in EV tier should be the fluid reactors as they are the ones that are really complex and expensive to build much due to the amount of infrastructure needed to turn hot coolant into power. I would be fine keeping mox and regular reactors as it is and just boost the amount of hot coolant that gets produced from the liquid reactors by 2-4 times. Only issue might be that the liquid reactors would be a tad bit to efficient so if possible i would nerf the duration for fuel rods in liquid reactors but not in regular ones. If that is not possible i would just leave it as it is, the consumtion of fuel is rarely an issue with the reactors anyways once you find a uranium vein.

I think people exaggerate the difficulty of MOX and regular reactors, really you just make the super easy multiblock, make the components for a design you can find on the IC2 forum, put a lever on it and connect it and you are done. For mox its a bit more complex since you need to keep the reactor away from the base since it randomly puts things on fire and damages enteties in it's vicinity but thats well worth it for 500-1000 EU/tick compared to doing it with steam, diesel or biogas as it will need huge system to produce that amount of power compared to one 3x3x3 multiblock structure and a few transformers. Safety really isn't that much of a concern with mark 1 reactors either. If you really want to be safe just enclose it in reinforced stone or if you want to ensure the safety of the reactor you use nuclear control althought im not sure at what tech tier you get that in this modpack. Automation is also extremly simple once you get item conduits for most of the design althought with gregtech you have the option of inserting into specific slots which makes it possible to automate all the different reactor designs.

TLDR
Regular reactor - MV (fine as is)
Mox reactor - HV (fine as is)
Fluid reactor - EV (needs bost by about 2-4 times in terms of output)

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
btw is milk/wool farming automatable using golems?
Sort of. You can farm wool by planting flax and harvesting for string and then crafting to wool. Golems work with flax (or cotton plants) as they would any other.

For milk you're best off to use a Thirsty tank with the appropriate glyph for cow milking. It's very efficient and require no golems. 2 cows will fill up a drum of milk rather fast.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Aha. Thanks Dlur100!
I've got a bit of an issue btw: for some reason my "rotten flesh" is called "zombie brains" instead, uses zombie brains texture, and can't be found by "flesh" or anything in NEI. What can be the source of an issue? I use pretty much basic InfiTech, just with MagicCookie & Forbidden Magic addons for thaumcraft only.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Aha. Thanks Dlur100!
I've got a bit of an issue btw: for some reason my "rotten flesh" is called "zombie brains" instead, uses zombie brains texture, and can't be found by "flesh" or anything in NEI. What can be the source of an issue? I use pretty much basic InfiTech, just with MagicCookie & Forbidden Magic addons for thaumcraft only.

You are probably running Sphax resource pack, I believe that one always changed "Rotten Flesh" to "Zombie Brains" and I never understood why it would change the name of one vanilla item but no other items. Kinda bizarre and confusing even, since there's the Thaumcraft Zombie Brian thing...

Sphax is my favorite by far, but I don't run textures with gregtech - seems like a lot of you guys are using it tho - is there an Infitech resource pack for Sphax somewhere? I thought Sphax was kinda dying and going away with fewer and fewer updates.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I finally found my Tungstate ore vein... server got shut down, but I was able to obtain a copy of the world, so when I got it I dived right into /cofh clearblocks to expose all the GT ores. Happy days. :)

It was smack dab under the huge Taint biome that has been plaguing our starting spawn since we began... I had already pushed the Taint back about 10 chunks, but now I have to push it back another 10 or so. sigh Oh well - at least this explains why we never found the darn ore. There's even Lithium Ore in this vein, so no more tiny Lithium Dusts from Lepidolite Ore. Ahh.... progress... :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't aware fortune 3 worked on silverfish blocks until I was digging upwards 3x3 with advanced drill. Nearly had a heart attack.
Have that exp boost enchant on my sword though so this worked out for the best. With advanced drill I dig out bottom 3 layers of a vein horizontally, placing torches as I go and then dig straight up to get all the rest.

NxUW8GD.jpg

I've seen some small villages before but this is a first. No houses, no villagers. A well, a path, and 3 crop plots.

jW3OdLJ.jpg

Reactions: sprAngles

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why you would do a 3x3 shaft? If you have the diamond drill, then go for it, I suppose, but a 1x1 will be sufficient.

When I was exploring initially I was worried that there were so few veins, but now that I have an advanced drill, an ender quarry and an OV scanner, I've found at least one of every vein within 200m of my base. I found a thorium vein directly on top of a diamond vein. A week of searching for a redstone vein, and there were 4 within 300m of my base! Veins everywhere!

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Btw guys, how do you find veins in gt? Vertical 3x3 shafts once every 3 chunks?

I am looking in the worldgeneration.cfg at which position I can find the ore.
I dig down at this level.
I dig a tunnel forward and scan the sides with an ov scanner.
You need around two houre to run through my tunnel. That luck finding a specific ore, lol.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why you would do a 3x3 shaft? If you have the diamond drill, then go for it, I suppose, but a 1x1 will be sufficient.
Um well, 1-tile shaft has a huge miss % actually. (I've started to discover veins kinda 2x more regularly with 3x3. Takes a whole lot of pickaxes tho. If you're lucky enough to hit the vein center ye, you're ok with 1x1 but on the edges - meh

I dig a tunnel forward and scan the sides with an ov scanner.
I'm quite far from ov scanners (and electricity) in my world. :)

edit: I find this song very related to this modpack, lol:
(Machinae Supremacy - player one)

Last edited:

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
Im thinking of doing a basic guide for how to set up all the basic Nuclear reactors and figured i could go here to see what kind of information is currently missing at the IC2 forum. What do you guys feel is the technical difficulty you are having problems with reactors? Is it basic safety routines, setting up the components in the right place or automation the reactors etc? Any feedback is very much appriciated.

Also i think my question got lost earlier but there has been some talk about boosting nuclear from some of the developers and i would like to know a little more about this. Am i right to assume that this will just be a linear increase in the output from the reactor multiblock (either more hot coolant in fluid mode or more electricty in regular mode)?

I would appreciate some guides. Safety routines would be important to me, maybe something specifically for this pack, like how well does warding blocks with the Wand Focus: Warding work to contain accidental rapid nuclear disassemblies?