[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
I added gt oil production to GT5.09. Nuclear boost is in work.
The Pollution part will still take time, but will come for sure.
Only then the engergy production will be forced into some form of progression. For now nothing of that is in IT2. My post was only to warn you a bit about what will happen.

What pollution would be? a thaumcraft-like stuff?
And what kind of boost. I think, nuclear stuff is pretty balanced "as is". Maybe I would like top-better fuel though..

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, what about that minetweaker script fix for them cells? I`m building my GraviChest and looks like another recipe is broken, recipe for cooling core. All of its components are crafting fine, but when its time to combine all the parts, Cooling Core would not craft.
Code:
recipes.addShapeless(<IC2:reactorCoolantSimple>, [<IC2:reactorCoolantSimple:1>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<IC2:reactorCoolantTriple>, [<IC2:reactorCoolantTriple:1>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<IC2:reactorCoolantSix>, [<IC2:reactorCoolantSix:1>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<IC2:reactorVentDiamond>, [<IC2:reactorVentDiamond:1>]);

It will craft reactor components with meta :1 into normal. It can cause exploits, use at your own risk. if you will find more items similiar with not like that you can keep adding similiar lines with the correct item names (its always recipes.addShapeless(<OUTPUT>, [<INPUT>]); )

Reactions: GammaGoblin

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How many packagers are people typically using to compress cobble? Might just say no to bedrockium, particularly since I'm not on a server.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
How many packagers are people typically using to compress cobble? Might just say no to bedrockium, particularly since I'm not on a server.

I was using 4 packagers and letting them run for a few days, feeding into one another with ender io conduits.

Reactions: Dlur100

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

One packager. As opposed to what I had expected, it wasn't the Compressed Cobblestone that was the problem... it was the 54 Diamonds needed to make 6 Diamond Blocks for a Bedrockium Drum that really slowed me down.

All I did was make a Item Transfer Node, put it on a piece of cobblestone that is adjacent to a lava and a water block (made a Cobblegen), put 4 World Interaction Upgrades in it, and send the cobble up into the bottom of my Packager. In less than one day (less than 1/2 a day?) it made 24 Quadruple Compressed (and 24 Triple too). I just had to keep monitoring the chest atop the Packager, when it got full of Compressed Cobble then I had to manually get them up to Quadruple in the Packager and remove the "less than 9" blocks from the Packager during each run which was the only time it would stop working if I didn't babysit it. Easy peasy. Diamonds tho, not so much - 2 full real-life days of mining coal ore, macerating, centrifuging, etc. That was the true grind, not the compressed cobble. I think I needed to macerate/hammer/centrifuge 27 stacks of coal ore to get 54 diamonds... ugh.

Reactions: twisto51

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I've left my golem farm, ran by 1 straw collector & 1 straw harvester, to run for the whole night in a SP world. After night, the collector disappeared without a trace. What could've hapen to him?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I've left my golem farm, ran by 1 straw collector & 1 straw harvester, to run for the whole night in a SP world. After night, the collector disappeared without a trace. What could've hapen to him?
Killed or Fell through the world... I already replaced 2 colelctor golems in my world. One just disappeared and second one i saw getting stuck on cacti (silly bugger)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Collector is the only type that has died on me, but it was a straw golem before I lit up the first tree farm. Pretty sure he got killed, particularly since I found bones and arrows in the output chest.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019

I've had problems with some golems disappearing, too. It helps if you tell your collector what to pick up with a white list, so he doesn't go off to pick other things up and then get lost. I also build a glass enclosure for them so they can't get out. Haven't had any problems, since.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I've had problems with some golems disappearing, too. It helps if you tell your collector what to pick up with a white list, so he doesn't go off to pick other things up and then get lost. I also build a glass enclosure for them so they can't get out. Haven't had any problems, since.

Hehe... i was once sorting stuff in my storage room, which is close to my wood farm... i broke a chest to move it somewhere else (was too lazy to use Dolly) and few seconds later golem appeared in the room, picking stuff up and going out to put the stuff he "stole" into a chest (which is connected to the overflow Trash Can... since I had no space for the stuff he stole.... it god voided :( Not sure what he stole, so it must have been nothing too important :D

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help with the soldering iron, I finally made my first one and I have no clue how I supposed to use it. I need some kind of soldering material, but I'm not sure what that is...

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
They are pretty quick to chop down trees and coke ovens are pretty slow. I'm not sure on the actual numbers, but when you experiment and find out, please report back.

2 tree plots with a thaumium str 2 chopper in each filled up 248 coke ovens with wood in a couple hours. Time to build 4 more 36LP boilers and a bunch of steam turbines.

http://imgur.com/RGrcCzN

I need some help with the soldering iron, I finally made my first one and I have no clue how I supposed to use it. I need some kind of soldering material, but I'm not sure what that is...

fine soldering alloy wire. Just run an ingot through the wiremill twice.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
2 tree plots with a thaumium str 2 chopper in each filled up 248 coke ovens with wood in a couple hours.

http://imgur.com/RGrcCzN

I feel that golems might be a tad OP in this pack, with their zero upkeep set-and-forget nature...

That coke oven assemblage is producing 3300 EU/t worth of charcoal*, and approximately ~3000EU/t in creosote as well! Basically 1A of Insane Voltage using pre-LV technology!

I remember when I did a Gregtech 5 standalone manual playthrough, using charcoal was a nightmare, because each piece was a block of wood to chop yourself. GT axes also didn't chop the tree down in one swing then either...

*using about 730 GT HP coal boilers and 104 GT LV steam turbines, with 12x 36LP Railcraft boilers for the creosote

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
What are some efficient ways to hook up lots of basic steam turbines? This cluster is the best I've come up with for 8 of them and I suppose I can replicate this vertically or horizontally into a batbox+mv transformer(is a lv transformer in the middle of each set of 4 turbines with 2x silver connecting the transformers and going out to a short MV bus between a transformer stepping down for my lv machine line an mv batbox for the mv line and a transformer stepping up for the HV line). Gets a bit complex/messy when you want to build a lot of them.

http://imgur.com/YMXIbzH

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

You need to make Fine Soldering Alloy Wire and have it in your inventory when you use the Soldering Iron, it will use one piece each time you use it.

Oops, my bad, already answered. :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What are some efficient ways to hook up lots of basic steam turbines? This cluster is the best I've come up with for 8 of them and I suppose I can replicate this vertically or horizontally into a batbox+mv transformer(is a lv transformer in the middle of each set of 4 turbines with 2x silver connecting the transformers and going out to a short MV bus between a transformer stepping down for my lv machine line an mv batbox for the mv line and a transformer stepping up for the HV line). Gets a bit complex/messy when you want to build a lot of them.

http://imgur.com/YMXIbzH

I gave up trying to make the smallest possible "flower" of turbines and transformers, its just too much trouble making connections and it seems to me that keeping steam pipes separated is very important in GT - if they are allowed to connect it causes havoc because GT fluid pipes have their own physics and the steam sloshes around inside even with a lot of GT shutters in use. Just like you said, it gets a bit complex and messy, so I gave up trying. I just deal with the cable losses by adding more power input to the Transformers than they theoretically should require (and thus I'm spending more EU than I should/could be, but right now a charcoal tree farm is essentially free power, so...).

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
thanks to dlur100 last page for the quick response. also i don't see the drilling rig in my NEI do i have to enable it or use a beta version?