[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
That's part of the reason I included both per-tick and per-second calculations in the wiki, so that people didn't have to do the mathing themselves. I'd rather see "100 mb/t or 5 mb/s" than just "5 mb/s" and have to rework that to "minecraft normal" which is per-tick.

I get that "ticks" and "mB" aren't intuitively comprehensible to outsiders at a glance, but anyone who has been using modded minecraft is familiar with them. Greg didn't fix any problems by switching things to Liters and Seconds, he simply shifted the problem elsewhere (now we fit 1000L of liquid into a bucket) and created more standards. Which is just about the most annoying thing engineers do.
To me that optional result just made the formula much harder to understand, its the same with scientific videos on youtube switching between empirical and metric measurements, it just confuses the heck out of me and i wish they only used metric.

Everybody (outside of the US) that has gone to school knows what a liter is but only experienced minecraft players that fiddle with mods probably know what a "mB/t" is. The fact is we still fit 1000L in a bucket with millibuckets it is just that one whole bucket is 1m^3, its a gigantic bucket, basically a bathtub.

I guess one argument to be made for mB/t is that it works both for US and other countries, probably the biggest selling point if you ask me. If it was gallons/t i would really dislike it so i guess americans might really dislike L/t ? I didn't really think of that at first.

But the blocks are based on metric meters so the volume is automatically also metric, it is just a different word than liter so kinda pointless.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who does not care if its l/t or mb/t ? The important part here is switching between second and tick.

For some reason it isn't letting me run reactor planner, any advice?
Yes that doesnt work for many people .. standalone version (works with the links)
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/ICReactorPlannerV3.jar This is the old reactorplanner the new one is
https://github.com/MauveCloud/Ic2ExpReactorPlanner/releases but the new one is not comatiple with the links from old one and does not have thorium in it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Testing the Large Heat Exchanger today. Anyone have any ideas why it would run for a while and then suddenly stop?

I've confirmed that the two input hatches are always supplied with hot coolant (lava) and distilled water.

The two output hatches are easily evacuating the steam and pahoehoe.

If I break the controller and replace it, it suddenly works again...for several seconds, and then stops again.

Addendum:
Further testing shows that, while in this state, every time I try to start the LHE, 2000mb lava are consumed, 2000mb of pahoehoe is created. No distilled water is consumed, no steam is created, and the machine instantly stops.

I really, really wish the controller would provide feedback on the last error.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who does not care if its l/t or mb/t ? The important part here is switching between second and tick.

True that, that was the original desire but if we are going to change might as well decide on which one. It isn't a huge debate really, either one is fine with their own pros and cons, it is just a name.
I kinda like both for different reasons, Liters in minecraft is more recent to me, i'm more used to mB, but if i had liters from the start that would make a lot more sense i think.

I just like the realism Liters brings and the other things, i wish we could go from EU to Volts / watts as well but that is probably a lot harder to do.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have a problem. I have built a cluster of processing arrays to electrolyze water, but it appears every processing array uses only half of the machines I put in, in spite of having enough power. I'm using (or attempting to use) 16 basic electrolyzers per array, but the input bus only takes in 8 empty cells for oxygen and outputs only 16B of hydrogen per recipe instead of 32. The recipe takes 30EU/t and I'm supplying every array with 512 EU/t. Here's how it looks - I have two of the 8 array running because I don't generate enough power for all of them yet. The water also isn't the problem. There's more than enough time for the conduits to supply all the electrolyzers.

procarray2.jpg

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Pyure:
This happened with my EBF after I forgot to turn the muffler hatch so that the hole is visible. Can it be one of the blocks making up the heat exchanger isn't oriented correctly? Also, did you check chunk boundaries?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow sounds like the heat exchanger hangs up once the output goes over a certain point. maybe i broke something while fixing the other bug there a few days ago.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Finally someone does some testing. :D
Finding all bugs on my own would take 2x the time as the coding itself, so i mostly just let it be and hope it works. Using the testing time to implement other new stuff.

About the unit names: I will stay with L/sec. Everyone with enough brain to play GT should also be able to understand that without a wiki. Also suddenly changing it in the middle of playing is a bad practice.
Actually, everyone must first, when beginning with modded MC, get explained what a "tick" is.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Finally someone does some testing. :D
Finding all bugs on my own would take 2x the time as the coding itself, so i mostly just let it be and hope it works. Using the testing time to implement other new stuff.
4x as long. I'm glad I have testers in my rl office I'll tell you.

About the unit names: I will stay with L/sec. Everyone with enough brain to play GT should also be able to understand that without a wiki. Also suddenly changing it in the middle of playing is a bad practice.
Actually, everyone must first, when beginning with modded MC, get explained what a "tick" is.
Agreed, although I think having multiple standards (ticks vs seconds, etc) is worse. That said...i don't care.

Speaking of small issues: I'm testing the processing array atm.

I don't think you can do anything about this, but I noticed that if the array is "stuck" with a bad recipe...for instance if you supply it with 3 pitcheblende instead of 5 (minimum is 5), then the array will visually report that it is working, even when it isn't. The controller reports "working perfectly." It doesn't consume any energy, but its misleading.

GT machines typically stop "flashing" when they're stuck, so that I know I have to go and fix my crappy counting.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have resolved my processing array problem: the tier 3 (MV analogue) input hatches' internal tanks have a capacity of 24000L, which is not enough to supply 16 electrolyzers with 3000L of water each per cycle. I had to use tier 6 (IV analogue) input hatches. Each tier adds 8000L capacity to the tank. Ugh. More tungstensteel... Good that the other processing steps don't use that much liquid per cycle. I also had to add more reservoirs since I found that the water production of one reservoir is not sufficient with 75000L in a processing cycle of 75 seconds - I needed 96000L in 75 seconds.

Perhaps it would be good to add a statement to the wiki that the input hatches and buses must have enough storage capacity to store the raw materials for all the machines in the array for one processing cycle. Step-by-step input will not work since the machines are synchronized and demand their raw materials at the same time.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Perhaps it would be good to add a statement to the wiki that the input hatches and buses must have enough storage capacity to store the raw materials for all the machines in the array for one processing cycle. Step-by-step input will not work since the machines are synchronized and demand their raw materials at the same time.
I sorta accepted this as a given dude, but more info always helps.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I sorta accepted this as a given dude, but more info always helps.
I think the underlying problem is that the difference between the different tiers of input/output hatches is not obvious. They also are all named just "Input Hatch" with no qualifier - which also makes it confusing to select one for crafting. With a name like "Input Hatch (Tier 2)" and a tooltip telling me about its capacity I the cause of the problem would've been easier to find.

Reactions: Pyure

MichaKe

Jul 29, 2019
Hi together,

i have some problems with my gt energy setup.

At the moment i use a large Titan Boiler with 3 large steam turbines. The turbines running with titan turbine blades. 2 of 3 turbines running perfekt and 1 turbine stuck every 5-10 sec.
I use 3 Output hatches (mv) at the Boiler with large titan pipes.

Large Titan Boiler : 32.000 l/sec steam
3 Large Steam Turbines with Titan Turbine Blade : 8000 l/sec (flow) X 1.2 (80% eff) = 9.600 l/sec steam X 3 = 28.800

Normaly the Boiler produce enough steam for all 3 turbines. but. why stuck one of These turbines?

Michael

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Hi together,

At the moment i use a large Titan Boiler with 3 large steam turbines. The turbines running with titan turbine blades. 2 of 3 turbines running perfekt and 1 turbine stuck every 5-10 sec.

3 Large Steam Turbines with Titan Turbine Blade : 8000 l/sec (flow) X 1.2 (80% eff) = 9.600 l/sec steam X 3 = 28.800

Normaly the Boiler produce enough steam for all 3 turbines. but. why stuck one of These turbines?

Michael

Well this will be a very "unproffesional" answer and I'm sure others will disagree, but here's a word from a veteran of this pack - don't use GT fluid pipes. I tried using them but had so many problems I just ended up macerating them.
They're crap. They slosh, they back up, they can't even auto-output. Compared to EiO conduits they're just laughable. However if you need a short pipe with infinite throughput I recommend using OpenBlocks tanks from the boiler and ender conduits to output from the tank to the turbine.

Why is your turbine getting stuck? I think it's because of GT pipes. Steam goes everywhere but where you want it, especially if you have multiple targets (3 turbines).

MichaKe

Jul 29, 2019
@Aiwendil thx fore your answer.

I will try this with EiO condiuts, but the question is, can they Transport enought steam.
The other is, Gregtech Wiki say the Large Steam Turbine can work with 150%.

Is that right?

3 Large Steam Turbines with Titan Turbine Blade : 8000 l/sec (flow) X 1.2 (80% eff) = 9.600 l/sec steam X 1,5 (150%) = 14400 X 3 = 43.200 l/sec

Michael

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hi together,

Michael
If I recall correctly, a GT fluid pipe connecting more than two points needs shutters to work correctly. If there aren't any, random destinations may not get enough fluid.

As for capacity, one EnderIO fluid conduit extracts up to 2000 L/sec from a container, and maximum flow is 8000 L/sec. Definitely not enough for that much steam.

Also, "can work with 150%" means the turbine keeps running if you supply more than the optimal flow, but no power will be generated from the surplus. If you supply more than 150%, the turbine may cease to work at all.

MichaKe

Jul 29, 2019
If I recall correctly, a GT fluid pipe connecting more than two points needs shutters to work correctly. If there aren't any, random destinations may not get enough fluid.

As for capacity, one EnderIO fluid conduit extracts up to 2000 L/sec from a container, and maximum flow is 8000 L/sec. Definitely not enough for that much steam.

Also, "can work with 150%" means the turbine keeps running if you supply more than the optimal flow, but no power will be generated from the surplus. If you supply more than 150%, the turbine may cease to work at all.

I have 3 Output Hatches at the Titan Boiler and use one fore every Turbine. I testet with large Titan pipes an with large steel pipes. same Problem 2 turbines running good, one stuck every 5-10 sec.