[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
As for capacity, one EnderIO fluid conduit extracts up to 2000 L/sec from a container, and maximum flow is 8000 L/sec. Definitely not enough for that much steam.

This is a setup I used back in V2.

Large Titanium Boiler outputs into a row of Openblocks tanks, from which ender conduits take steam to RC steam turbines. 1 conduit can carry only 8000L/sec and extracts 4 times less, but you can use multiple conduits (as many as you want actually), as long as you have enough tank sides to put them on (and you can also attach more tanks, so it isn't a problem).

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have 3 Output Hatches at the Titan Boiler and use one fore every Turbine. I testet with large Titan pipes an with large steel pipes. same Problem 2 turbines running good, one stuck every 5-10 sec.
Can it be that one turbine gets steam in excess of 150% and stutters because of that? The efficiency rating is not applied to the steam flow, but to the power output of the turbine. So your three 8000L/sec turbines actually do need 8000L/sec each rather than 9600, and they would produce 200 EU/t each at 100% efficiency but actual output is 200*0,8 = 160 EU/t. Try to add another turbine - you have steam enough for four - and see how it goes. Also, I take it you are already using separate lines from the output hatches to the turbines? If not, do so. Lastly, use pipes that match the turbines' requirement as closely as possible. I don't have the data at hand so I can't tell you which type that would be.

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason is there a way you put your pack on the Curse launcher?
Yes. It will most likely be there with next pack update, if everything will go smooth. FTB is trying to get the packs to be synced to Curse automaticaly, so all I will need to do is to update the pack on FTB launcher and it will be synced to Curse as well.

And no, no ETA. But in most cases pack update comes every 1-2 weeks, depending mainly on how much issues are present.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
If I recall correctly, a GT fluid pipe connecting more than two points needs shutters to work correctly. If there aren't any, random destinations may not get enough fluid.

As for capacity, one EnderIO fluid conduit extracts up to 2000 L/sec from a container, and maximum flow is 8000 L/sec. Definitely not enough for that much steam.
Ender Fluid Conduit can exctract up to 200mb/t = 4000 L/sec and maximum flow is 800mb/t = 16000 L/sec. (Also they are the ONLY Fluid conduits that can transport multiple fluids on one line (not counting AE2 system)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
It seems the problem was allready identified. The boiler does not equally split the steam between the 3 hatches, but only uses the second once the first hatch is full.
So the first 2 Turbines run with 150% / 12000L/sec and the third does not get the steam it needs anymore.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
It seems the problem was allready identified. The boiler does not equally split the steam between the 3 hatches, but only uses the second once the first hatch is full.
So the first 2 Turbines run with 150% / 12000L/sec and the third does not get the steam it needs anymore.
That doesn't add up. If the boiler makes 32000L/sec and the first two turbines get 12000L/sec each, there's still 8000 L/sec left for the third.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
eIO conduits are limited per connection, not per network. A single eIO network - even just 1 line/pipe thick - can 'pass' an infinite amount. It's the connections that's the limiting factor.

Put more connections/hatches on the beast or else use an OpenBlocks to create more faces so you can then put more connections on it.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
eIO conduits are limited per connection, not per network. A single eIO network - even just 1 line/pipe thick - can 'pass' an infinite amount. It's the connections that's the limiting factor.

Put more connections/hatches on the beast or else use an OpenBlocks to create more faces so you can then put more connections on it.
The config file says throughput is limited as well. The limit is just four times as high as the extraction limit.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
That's misleading. That's the per-connection output limit.
So you're saying I could, for instance, use 8 conduits to extract 800mB/t, send those into another container at the other end with two connections at 400 mB/t each, with only one line of conduits connecting both ends? Have you tested this?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
So you're saying I could, for instance, use 8 conduits to extract 800mB/t, send those into another container at the other end with two connections at 400 mB/t each, with only one line of conduits connecting both ends? Have you tested this?

In an earlier version of eIO, yes. I had multiple steam producers and multiple steam consumers. The total throughput exceeded the output of a single connection. However, I just had a single network (singe line/pipe) connecting the producers with the consumers.

I haven't tried it in the latest version, but I doubt it would have been nerfed/change. Doing something like that might be hard to code and/or require per-block, per-tick updates,which is not efficient. GT and BC pipes are per-block, but AE2, eIO, and TE are 'network' AFAIK.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance well see an update with the IC2 bug fixed? Its realy annoying since it breaks some recepies (which require coolant cells) and also makes it close to impossible to debug a IC2 lossless energy distribution system...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Any chance well see an update with the IC2 bug fixed? Its realy annoying since it breaks some recepies (which require coolant cells) and also makes it close to impossible to debug a IC2 lossless energy distribution system...
What ic2 bug are you referring to?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The one that makes opening the interface of any IC2 machine impossible...
Did you report this already? can you quote yourself in case you provided more details?

Is this a new problem in the latest version? I still haven't updated to the most recent IT2 version for some reason.

I'm able to access IC2 interfaces just fine. I accessed MFSUs, transformers and reactors last night, all were IC2 interfaces.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
But Jason didnt update the pack with a fixed version, and since Grove only uses official versions on the server we are still stuck with that bug.

Tuxi

Jul 29, 2019
How come I can't break cables or wires with a wrench? I've an iron wrench and it breaks GT machines just fine but not the cables.. Am I missing something?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
You break wires with the wirecutter not with a wrench.

@Tuxi - Yup, @Pyure and I had the same issue/problem when we first started playing this pack. To make matter worse, I believe the tool-tip for breakage (still !) shows crowbar, of all things.

In the picture below, I'm wielding a BC wrench, of all things, and WAILA Harvest is incorrectly showing green to indicate 'sure, that should be able to break that...'

(*NOT*)
Wrench_harvest_Cable.png

Last edited: