[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
The thaumonomicon and the other world interaction stuff work differently so don't just have something that can be pulled, they'd basically all have to be added individually so they weren't afaik.
I was suspecting that might be the case, oh well, those crafting recipes aren't used that much anyways

They work just like a fancy chest, putting items into them or taking them out is just a matter of rightclicking to open the ui as normal. If they're in your inventory they have to be placed though, they're not backpacks after all.
Wow, so you can pick them up as well? :)

I got a little out of hand when i got this crazy idea of a redcrystal focus for automagy:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...tomagy-automation-and-logistics-v0-26?page=47

Would this focus be able to be coded? even if possible, do you think it would be OP?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Would this focus be able to be coded? even if possible, do you think it would be OP?
Engineer's Toolbox I think it was added a redstone wand that made a redstone pulse where you clicked, I think it worked by making a briefly lived block which generates a redstone signal, not sure as it's been a while since I touched the mod. Everything else seems like you actually want several different tools, a lot of them don't even seem to have much to do with redstone. Getting something that generates a redstone pulse where you use it would be nice as a simple focus though, the rest should probably be split up into several possible tools as they're pretty superfluous to the original purpose.

Reactions: Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Engineer's Toolbox I think it was added a redstone wand that made a redstone pulse where you clicked, I think it worked by making a briefly lived block which generates a redstone signal, not sure as it's been a while since I touched the mod. Everything else seems like you actually want several different tools, a lot of them don't even seem to have much to do with redstone. Getting something that generates a redstone pulse where you use it would be nice as a simple focus though, the rest should probably be split up into several possible tools as they're pretty superfluous to the original purpose.
Yeah, i figured i would add some off-taste stuff like light emission and maybe knockback effects, i cannot find myself equipping a focus just to make a 1-2s long light source but you're right, this focus needs to be simplified greatly.

I think the "normal-mode" is pretty good though, straight forward, imo it starts to become something else when blocks becomes involved and borderline OP maybe.

I was just thinking: how can i keep a door or something open with this for more than a pulse? i needed a continuous redstone signal, you could make those blocks not-solids and that would disable a lot of the cool/op stuff imo. Instaid of trying to do everything with this focus alone i realise for example that i could use the already existing system to my advantage.. say like the thaumcraft warding focus, that one would prevent this focus from removing certain redstone blocks you want to save. I just really love elegant multi-purpose solutions, having like 10 different functions is very clunky and not very elegant.

This focus is about first and foremost simple redstone signal application by using vis instaid of buttons/levers/pressure plates/redstone torches/redstone dust and so on for simple stuff.

The block creating could probably be put into another focus tbh, it could actually be a focus about block teleportation or creation / removal, you could with it teleport 16 blocks around and you have 16 redstone blocks available, you will have the same function then as i tried to put into this focus? There is one already for 1 block in TT but that is extremely limited, i cannot build a platform with it nor can i wall myself in from angry mobs. But if it is dedicated to this i dunno if only 16 is enough anymore, i'm not sure if it is better to have removal/recreating focus or block teleportation either =_=

I'm also thinking about challenge maps, with the ways of interacting with the environment it kinda reminds me of puzzle games. The current redstone i've encountered is: you place a device on the floor and "link" it somehow to some device by hand and sometimes you have to even go into UI and change things in there, very deliberate stuff. I want to control stuff while i'm flying around trying to dodge the boss dropping explosives on me or something, no time to fly all the way to the floor / wall and place a redstone torch for bad control. The relative small diameter of the redstone projectile was so that aim would matter more, 1 diameter "explosion" would be too hard i think tho.

So thats why i liked the Function 3b maybe more than 3a, 3b would allow for this control when i'm flying and from a far distance without linking stuff up before hand.

A vanilla way of doing this is with arrows and wooden pressure plates i think? i'm not sure how to make it work or how good it is.. i think i would love this focus but i want too much again. The reason i suddenly wanted this is because of the TT transvector dislocator, it requires a redstone signal to teleport a block / aura node but it can only teleport 16 blocks i think.... as you know good aura nodes can be very far away, it was annoying have to place this redstone torch all the time and building stuff just to place this torch. an AoE redstone signal around me would allow much simpler process of activating the transvector dislocator.

So in a way i think this focus represents a mastery over redstone signal channeling when you don't need extra tools to produce a signal, just your wand and focus.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
So....I've been trying to find some Naquadah. Does this stuff actually exist? I spent a few hours flying around in the End, finding quite a bit of semi-rare and rare metals but no Naquadah. I spent a few hours digging holes on Mars and found several dungeons, some long-sought small bismuth ore, enough Desh to make several tier 3 rockets but no Naquadah. Then I made a copy of my world and used the cofh clearblocks command to clear a 1200x1200 area on Mars, and systematically mapped what I found. No Naquadah...

Is this stuff just a legend? The ore guide has it, so I assume that it spawns *somewhere*... it would be nice if I could narrow the search.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
So....I've been trying to find some Naquadah. Does this stuff actually exist? I spent a few hours flying around in the End, finding quite a bit of semi-rare and rare metals but no Naquadah. I spent a few hours digging holes on Mars and found several dungeons, some long-sought small bismuth ore, enough Desh to make several tier 3 rockets but no Naquadah. Then I made a copy of my world and used the cofh clearblocks command to clear a 1200x1200 area on Mars, and systematically mapped what I found. No Naquadah...

Is this stuff just a legend? The ore guide has it, so I assume that it spawns *somewhere*... it would be nice if I could narrow the search.
It spawns only in the end but its rare.
I've found 3 naquada veins so far :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

I've never found naquadah, and I doubt I ever will. Fwiw. :p

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You can produce naquadah in the fusion reactor. :D
:p Yeah, I know. In a Mark II, while I'm still collecting and processing materials for a Mark I.

Meanwhile, I found some of the stuff. Not enough to call a vein, but three End "asteroids" yielded about two stacks. Should be enough for some LuV wiring. It's probably much easier to use Yttrium-Barium-Cuprate for the superconducting wires. Has the advantage of passing a reality check as well.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Most of my machines just stopped because of steam shortage (not begun with steam factory yet) but my battery buffer keeps my other machines running isolated from my steam production, this is great :) I think i'll do a battery backup system later now that i know how to read the steam amount in a tank.

btw: anybody know if chest buffers can do their stack limitation for 0 voltage cost?
It says so in the wiki but when i connect a conveyor belt to it (directly on it or pipe, doesn't matter) it loses it's stack limiting ability.

Last edited:

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to get alot of ore, easily? i had the spawns increased, yet i just cant find ore veins. i do what people say, to go around and look at the mountains for tin, etc, but i just dont like mining in caves all the time for tiny ammounts of ore, and the gigantic veins of iron or copper or tin ore are like, non-existant. except coal veins.i even buffed the density of ores in them, and maybe the spawn rate, but still. and i tried the cofh command, and i dont know how it works with both a start coordinate, and an end coordinate, and also a size or something variable, and when i tried there was no vissible clearing of terrain.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
is there a way to get alot of ore, easily? i had the spawns increased, yet i just cant find ore veins. i do what people say, to go around and look at the mountains for tin, etc, but i just dont like mining in caves all the time for tiny ammounts of ore, and the gigantic veins of iron or copper or tin ore are like, non-existant. except coal veins.i even buffed the density of ores in them, and maybe the spawn rate, but still. and i tried the cofh command, and i dont know how it works with both a start coordinate, and an end coordinate, and also a size or something variable, and when i tried there was no vissible clearing of terrain.
Prospecting is a really boring grind early in the game. As I understand it, that's intentional and not easy to get around. Finding tin is particularly annoying. However, you should be able to find a chalcopyrite vein at elevations 10-30 rather easily since they're very common and the elevation range is small. That will give you a lot of iron and copper. Also, once you've found a little tin (small ores are enough) and some other metals of any kind you can use automated Thaumcraft alchemy to make more tin, and it's the same with some other metals. Slow going, but an alternative for mining if you're unlucky or you're just fed up with the grind. Tin veins are particularly dense though, so I recommend a little patience since one vein will last for a long time. I don't like digging kilometres of tunnels, but exploring the overworld for tin and tetrahedrite isn't too bad once you've got a sleeping bag. You'll find some villages too, where you can occasionally find rare materials in chests.

Once you have enough constant power to run an ender quarry and the technology to make it, do so. I take shameless advantage of the fact that an ender quarry has no maximum size. Finding the rarer ores will still take some time, but you won't need to do any manual prospecting. You'll need some more metals and other technology to sort and store the incoming metals, but at that point processing becomes much more of a bottleneck than mining. The latest pack upgrade also makes the ender quarry speed upgrades craftable. Use Thaumic Tinkerer's osmotic enchanter to make the effiency-enchanted pickaxes you need for the upgrades.

If you want to map ore veins with cofh clearblocks in a copy of your world before you go mining equipped with convenient foreknowledge, here's the syntax. This example removes all common non-ore blocks in an area of 200 blocks around your current position (400x400 blocks in total), assuming you are not above elevation 100 (the three numbers are x-range, y-range, z-range):

/cofh clearblocks <player name> 200 100 200 *stone *sand *dirt *fluid *plant *fire *repl *tree

You may want to follow this up with something like (may take more than one line since the chat interface is limited to 80 characters per line):

/cofh clearblocks <player name> 200 100 200 chisel:diorite chisel:andesite chisel:marble chisel:granite

Clearing blocks takes a while depending on the area covered and the speed of your CPU. If it says "clearing XXXXXXX blocks" then it's working and you just need to wait until it says "cleared XXXXXX blocks" and maybe a little longer for minecraft to process the block updates. You may want to re-load your world after that in order for GT ores to show you their correct textures.

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have a possible bug to report:

AE2 capacity cards require a GT Charged Certus Quartz to craft and can't be crafted with AE2 charged certus quartz. However, while AE2 charged certus quartz has several sources, the GT version can only be made from GT charged certus quartz ore - which does not spawn. Thus, I can't make AE2 capacity cards. I suspect this card should be craftable with an AE2 charged certus quartz like everything else that uses charged certus quartz.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I have a possible bug to report:

AE2 capacity cards require a GT Charged Certus Quartz to craft and can't be crafted with AE2 charged certus quartz. However, while AE2 charged certus quartz has several sources, the GT version can only be made from GT charged certus quartz ore - which does not spawn. Thus, I can't make AE2 capacity cards. I suspect this card should be craftable with an AE2 charged certus quartz like everything else that uses charged certus quartz.
True. Certus Quartz is slightly broken, because I did not realized that AE2 Charged and GT Charged will not unify. Fix will come in the next version.