[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Regarding power teleport: what's the power cost of a dimensional transceiver? I anticipate a temporary but repeatable need of 20000 RF/t far away from my main base. The alternatives are basically "fill a few lapotronic orbs and run everything from battery/capacitor power." or "build a Big Reactor and use transceivers to teleport the power". I'd prefer the latter but if the power cost is too high I won't bother.

Another alternative may be "run power conduits through a stargate", though that's not something I could make atm, lacking blue crystals. There are no current videos about SGCraft in a language I understand, and I'm wondering if that's possible, and if gates are still set to close after 5 seconds if nobody goes through, which would make this non-feasible.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding power teleport: what's the power cost of a dimensional transceiver? I anticipate a temporary but repeatable need of 20000 RF/t far away from my main base. The alternatives are basically "fill a few lapotronic orbs and run everything from battery/capacitor power." or "build a Big Reactor and use transceivers to teleport the power". I'd prefer the latter but if the power cost is too high I won't bother.

Another alternative may be "run power conduits through a stargate", though that's not something I could make atm, lacking blue crystals. There are no current videos about SGCraft in a language I understand, and I'm wondering if that's possible, and if gates are still set to close after 5 seconds if nobody goes through, which would make this non-feasible.
The stargate doesnt care if somebody goes through it or not and the config is I:secondsToStayOpen=450
But how exactly do you want to run the conduits through a stargate? Minecarts with batteries?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Dim trasceiver is set to 75% power loss, and needs upkeep of 50RF/t. So for getting 20kRF/t on the output you will need to feed it around 80kRF/t, which you can't since Dim trasaceiver can only transport 20480 RF/t total, so you would need multiple of these bastards. You will probably be better of just teleporting items/fluids and have some actual power production on the other side.

As for stargate, you cant run cables through the gate. Gate also will stay opened for 7.5minutes
It already needs power (pressure) to function.
Oh. Was it always like that? Hmm... ok then, noted.

Reactions: Pyure

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Dim trasceiver is set to 75% power loss, and needs upkeep of 50RF/t. So for getting 20kRF/t on the output you will need to feed it around 80kRF/t, which you can't since Dim trasaceiver can only transport 20480 RF/t total, so you would need multiple of these bastards. You will probably be better of just teleporting items/fluids and have some actual power production on the other side.
So ludicrous hatred for teleporting power, gotcha. All power must be teleported in batteries, the extra complexity is interesting I suppose even if not that hard, comparator to monitor power and a couple of golems to break it, throw it through a mirror, and place it on the other side should be relatively easy. Although I'm not sure if capacitors have comparator support but I'm sure something could be rigged up.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So ludicrous hatred for teleporting power, gotcha. All power must be teleported in batteries, the extra complexity is interesting I suppose even if not that hard, comparator to monitor power and a couple of golems to break it, throw it through a mirror, and place it on the other side should be relatively easy. Although I'm not sure if capacitors have comparator support but I'm sure something could be rigged up.
Or you could just create power where you need it but yeah :p Mostly just jk.

I may try out this aerial thingy. Since its just teleporting energy to me, and not teleporting it from place to place, it doesn't seem OP to me. Also, I pay for it in energy, which I don't mind doing for the convenience.

The PC wiki doesn't say anything about transferring energy so it'll be neat to confirm it works.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hmph. 75%, really? Does anyone actually use it then? It would be more honest just to disable it. Well, I guess I'll have to get around that by sending capacitor banks through a quantum link.

Local power production beyond 100-200 EU/t isn't really feasible for a temporary setup.

What do you think of changing this to a more reasonable rate and change the recipe to require an europium plate for balance?

While I'm suggesting things, what about adding a recipe for compressed iron to the implosion compressor? The pressure chamber is slow, and with the implosion compressor you could make production faster at the cost of some added TNT. It's not as if you couldn't already make this stuff with explosions...

Last edited:

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Hmph. 75%, really? Does anyone actually use it then? It would be more honest just to disable it. Well, I guess I'll have to get around that by sending capacitor banks through a quantum link.

Local power production beyond 100-200 EU/t isn't really feasible for a temporary setup.

What do you think of changing this to a more reasonable rate and change the recipe to require an europium plate for balance?

What is so bad about sending batteries? (or in the endgame sending plasma)

I think it would be better to disabled the dimensional transceiver and use other (multiblock) methods for teleport instead (stargate / quantum bridge).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

While I'm suggesting things, what about adding a recipe for compressed iron to the implosion compressor? The pressure chamber is slow, and with the implosion compressor you could make production faster at the cost of some added TNT. It's not as if you couldn't already make this stuff with explosions...
Can the transceiver even teleport EU? I thought it just did RF.

If its just RF, I support the notion of reducing the cost considerably. Converting power RF -> EU is a bit of a pita.

I also think the implosion-compressor idea is fine so long as it requires HV. Make people build a pressure chamber and deal with it for a while if they want it during LV/MV or earlier. (incidentally: its faster than your implosion compressor idea if you upgrade it and set it up correctly, but that's neither here nor there)

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Topic-switch, really excited about upcoming stuff Blood ASp is working on.

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=190980#post190980

I actually don't care too much about the Oil stuff, since there's a million easier ways to get oil, but I like the charcoal pile thing. Early-game is a bit of a mess in IT2 when you can't get charcoal easily (experienced players will build coke ovens and such asap but that's always bit a bit janky)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
What is so bad about sending batteries? (or in the endgame sending plasma)

I think it would be better to disabled the dimensional transceiver and use other (multiblock) methods for teleport instead (stargate / quantum bridge).
(1) GT battery buffers don't interact with pipes etc.. so you have to go through IC2 energy crystals. Which is awkward.
(2) There aren't any RF batteries in this pack, just blocks, and you'll have to break and place them automatically which works but feels like a workaround for a function that should exist more "naturally".

Basically, it's a matter of style. You can do it, but you can't do it in an elegant way. Which is unsatisfactory from my point of view.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I also think the implosion-compressor idea is fine so long as it requires HV. Make people build a pressure chamber and deal with it for a while if they want it during LV/MV or earlier. (incidentally: its faster than your implosion compressor idea if you upgrade it and set it up correctly, but that's neither here nor there)
What implosion compressor idea ? Did i miss that ? I thought i read everything ... :/

Topic-switch, really excited about upcoming stuff Blood ASp is working on.

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=190980#post190980

I actually don't care too much about the Oil stuff, since there's a million easier ways to get oil, but I like the charcoal pile thing. Early-game is a bit of a mess in IT2 when you can't get charcoal easily (experienced players will build coke ovens and such asap but that's always bit a bit janky)

MORE MULTIBLOCKS AWESOME yes better oil !! :D

(1) GT battery buffers don't interact with pipes etc.. so you have to go through IC2 energy crystals. Which is awkward.
You dont have to use the IC2 energy crystals. MFSU/MFE/CESU/Batbox works perfectly with gregtech batteries.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What implosion compressor idea ? Did i miss that ? I thought i read everything ... :/

@Ieldra, did you have a particular recipe in mind? 1 ingot + 1 ITNT = 1 compressed ingot or something?

Reactions: DarknessShadow

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Ieldra, did you have a particular recipe in mind? 1 ingot + 1 ITNT = 1 compressed ingot or something?
Perhaps a little expensive? You're going to mass-produce that stuff. What about 3 ITNT + 1 iron block = 1 compressed iron block. Less expensive in materials, but requires an additional processing step.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Perhaps a little expensive? You're going to mass-produce that stuff. What about 3 ITNT + 1 iron block = 1 compressed iron block. Less expensive in materials, but requires an additional processing step.
Nod, so long as you don't mind "unpackaging" that compressed iron block afterwards. I don't think you can shapeless a block into 9 ingots, so you'd have to use one of the other means (there's several).

The fact that it requires iTNT means the compression chamber is still more appealing to players who want to do it mainstream with PC, so that's good. Any interest in submitting a minetweaker recipe to Jason's github and seeing if he accepts it?

Even if he doesn't, I'll use it. But I doubt it will be an issue since the PC version is still in many ways superior (less energy, fewer resources, possibly faster) and integration with GT is always good.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
About new GT stuff:

While searching for a more efficient plasma generator I have noticed that there is something called a "large plasma generator" multi-block. I could find no description anywhere. In particular, I'd like to know the range of the plasma throughput. If it's the same as the large steam turbine, it wouldn't be really feasible since a fusion generator doesn't generate that much plasma per time unit...

@Pyure:
I have no experience with making Minetweaker scripts. I can decipher them but would need to learn some more stuff to be able to make them.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
About new GT stuff:

While searching for a more efficient plasma generator I have noticed that there is something called a "large plasma generator" multi-block. I could find no description anywhere. In particular, I'd like to know the range of the plasma throughput. If it's the same as the large steam turbine, it wouldn't be really feasible since a fusion generator doesn't generate that much plasma per time unit...
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Large_Plasma_Generator

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Very confusing. It says EU/t is optimal liquid flow * 40, but that would depend on the kind of plasma your're putting in, right? If nominal optimal liquid flow is 6000 L/sec, i.e. 300 L/t, that would mean EU/t is 12000, but if you input 300 L/t iron plasma you get about 17000 EU/t, so you'd need to reduce the flow to stay within the limit. So how does this work?

Also, a Mk I fusion reactor makes 125 L helium plasma in 16 ticks, which means about 8 L/t. That, in turn, means there isn't a turbine you can use effectively since optimal flow for even the smallest turbine is way more than that, and things get worse once you get to the metal recipes that make 16L in 32 ticks or something like that. Intermittently switching the turbine on and off is not so good since it takes 50sec to reach its optimal speed. So how am I supposed to use this?