[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Blood Asp :
I was going through the fusion recipe table at http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Fusion_(GregTech_5_Unofficial), and I'd like to know if I'm understanding things correctly:

(1) The "cycle time" column means that it takes, for instance, 16 ticks to convert 125L deuterium and 125L Tritium into 16L Helium plasma. Which means I must supply the listed amout of fuel every 16 ticks (in this example) for continuous operation.

(2) The EU/t column lists the voltage at which power must be supplied to the reactor for startup and for continuous operation when using endothermic recipes. This voltage can be supplied through any number of energy hatches up to the allowed amount of 16, similar to how multiple hatches can supply a higher internal voltage to EBFs. Nonetheless, the energy hatches must be LuV or higher for a tier 1 reactor, ZPM or higher for tier 2 and UV for tier 3 as it says elsewhere on the page.
Question 1: When using exothermic recipes, must I continue to supply the listed power to the reactor by diverting a fraction of the output power, or will the reactor handle that internally and all I need to do is pull the net output power out?
Question 2: I take it power is taken out of the reactor with energy hatches? Intuitively, I'd guess that the answer to (1) is "you don't need to divert power", since then the reactor would have to distinguish between ingoing and outgoing hatches...
Question 3: LuV+ energy hatches are required, but I conclude that they must be able to accept lower voltages as well, since not all recipes - and in fact, only one of the exothermic recipes - require LuV. Correct?

(3) "EU per startup" lists the total EU that must be supplied at the rate of EU/t listed in the previous column, for the fusion process to start.

(4) When making materials with endothermic recipes, the listed EU/t must be supplied for the listed cycle time to make the listed amount of the output material. For instance, to make 16L molten Europium 24576 EU/t must be supplied for 64 ticks. Thus it would take 24576 * 64 *9 = 14155776 EU to make the 144 L molten Europium you need for one ingot, and the process would take 64 * 9 ticks ~ 30 seconds.

Is this the correct interpretation of the table?

(As an aside, I see the desirability of having two reactors, with one running the exothermic recipe to supply power for the second one which runs endothermic recipes. However....2048 chrome...a staggering amount.)

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
1: No, all recipes use energy. The production of energy is by fueling plasma gernerators with the produced energy. The reactor can only input, not output energy.
2.see 1.
3.They only input 2,000EU/t into the reactor per hatch anyway, so no need to supply them with LuV. EV would work.
3. That must be stored in the reactors internal buffer.
4.Yes.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
3.They only input 2,000EU/t into the reactor per hatch anyway, so no need to supply them with LuV. EV would work.
???
With a maximum of 16 hatches, that would mean we can't use recipes that require more than 32000 EU/t. Can't make Americium, for instance, thus no tier 3 reactor.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The EU/t doubles per tier. So 2k, 4k, 8k.
OK....so if the fuel value of 1L helium plasma is 4096 EU and the reactor makes 125L in 16 ticks, that's 7,8125L per tick which makes 31992 EU/t nominal power output, which you'd need to adjust for tier efficiency, and subtract the reactor power requirement of 4096 EU/t and the appromixately 2000EU/t you need to run the hall of centrifuges for fuel production. I think I can work with that ;)

Also, the plasma generator's efficiency is listed as (10+10*tier)%. Is this correct? As opposed to all other generators, the plasma generator's efficiency increases by tier? That would be very nice....but it still about halves the total for tiers accessible without materials made by endothermic fusion (IV is tier 5). Which means I have a net power output of about 14000 EU/t for my first tier 1 reactor. Well, it may be less than half of the nominal out, but still pretty impressive.

Edit:
It may be considerable less than that, since I made a mistake when calculating the number of centrifuges needed for fuel production... maybe miscalculated by a factor of 4. That would be bad. We'll see when I get home and can check the recipes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Updates:
- OpenBlocks -> 1.4.3-647

New Mods:
- EnderCore
- Thaumcraft NEI Plugin

Removed Mods:
- ttCore (replaced by EnderCore)
- Java7Checker (redundant)

Changes:
- Redesigned Chunkloader fuel usages (both RC and Immibis)
- Disabled CFM welcome message
- Fixed few Thaumcraft compatibility researches
- Bows with Infinity enchant no longer needs an arrow present.

Information about chunkloading:
RC Anchors are powered by Ender Pearls only and will last for 4 hrs in 3x3 area.
Dimensional Anchors are powered by following items and will last for corresponding time in 3x3 area:
Magma Cream=15m
Nether Star=12h
Charcoal=2m
Vibrating Crystal=4h
Coal=10m
Coal Coke=20m
Peat=12m 30s
Bituminous Peat=26m 15s
Alumentum=40m
Lithium dust=37m 30s
Sodium Dust=25m
Living Matter=8h
The things i quoted is what stands out to me, that infinity bow needing to have 1 arrow thing has always bugged me, not sure what fixed it but its about time, i really love the inventory space efficiency this adds but i wonder how this change work with thaumcraft elemental arrows? there could be a bug there if it was overlooked.
Disabling those messages is lovely, i think they lag the loading and it is ugly when you have tons of mods.
Thaumcraft compatibility researches sounds awesome, maybe aluminium nuggets and some more?
I like that dimensional anchors can chunk load more realisticly, its configuratable i hope, i'm happy with it but i can see others thinking it might be too cheap.

BTW is thaumcraft on easy mode or some thing? the mind spiders don't deal damage to me and the scorching sun warp effect doesn't deal damage to me either, it might have in the past but maybe i'm just spending too much time in the night or indoors lol.
I'm glad to see openblocks is still in this pack, i think xD

What is the thaumcraft nei plugin? didn't we have that already? i can see aspects on nodes and such in waila. wait waila isn't nei i guess, so now i'll be able to see more thaumcraft when looking for recipes and what items can be used for?
What are nei plugins used for, i don't remember exactly, do we need to add a nei plugin for every mod we add to be able to see all the items the mod's possess? so there could be hidden thaumcraft stuff i'm not aware of? hehe.

And endercore, what can it be i wonder? :)

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The things i quoted is what stands out to me, that infinity bow needing to have 1 arrow thing has always bugged me, not sure what fixed it but its about time, i really love the inventory space efficiency this adds but i wonder how this change work with thaumcraft elemental arrows? there could be a bug there if it was overlooked.
It mentions in the thaumonomicon but the primal arrows don't get infinite uses with infinity, iirc it only saves them a third of time so while infinity is nice it's not that useful with primal arrows.
Thaumcraft compatibility researches sounds awesome, maybe aluminium nuggets and some more?
I believe they're just referring to the advanced transmutation which had issues due to being hidden, now once you've got the rest of the transmutations unlocked you can get it and thus aluminium transmutation like normal researches.
BTW is thaumcraft on easy mode or some thing? the mind spiders don't deal damage to me and the scorching sun warp effect doesn't deal damage to me either, it might have in the past but maybe i'm just spending too much time in the night or indoors lol.
Mind spiders aren't meant to deal damage I believe, just be annoying. Not sure why sun scorch doesn't, try wandering outside at day with it to double check I suppose.
What is the thaumcraft nei plugin? didn't we have that already? i can see aspects on nodes and such in waila. wait waila isn't nei i guess, so now i'll be able to see more thaumcraft when looking for recipes and what items can be used for?
What are nei plugins used for, i don't remember exactly, do we need to add a nei plugin for every mod we add to be able to see all the items the mod's possess? so there could be hidden thaumcraft stuff i'm not aware of? hehe.
No, Yes, and No. The plugin makes thaumcraft recipes show up in NEI, so arcane worktable, alchemy, and infusion recipes will show up, it only works if you've got the research though so no cheating via just checking them, not that you can anyway. You also don't need a plugin for every mod, NEI shows all the items by itself and the addons basically just let it show modded recipes types, so stuff like all the gregtech recipes showing up are due to GT adding those recipe types to NEI, this mod just adds thaumcraft recipe types to NEI.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
It mentions in the thaumonomicon but the primal arrows don't get infinite uses with infinity, iirc it only saves them a third of time so while infinity is nice it's not that useful with primal arrows.
That is why i'm just a little worried that they were overlooked, but because you mention it i guess there is no problems :)
No, Yes, and No. The plugin makes thaumcraft recipes show up in NEI, so arcane worktable, alchemy, and infusion recipes will show up, it only works if you've got the research though so no cheating via just checking them, not that you can anyway. You also don't need a plugin for every mod, NEI shows all the items by itself and the addons basically just let it show modded recipes types, so stuff like all the gregtech recipes showing up are due to GT adding those recipe types to NEI, this mod just adds thaumcraft recipe types to NEI.
Ahh it has always annoyed me somewhat that the special thaumcraft stuff doesn't show up in NEI, whoever did this nei addon -i thank, so now i'll see how to craft the thaumanomicon for example, before i have it :D If it wasn't for the thaumanomicon i can see why it would be a HUGE issue, i would have to go to a wiki all the time, TC avoided this thanks to the thaumanomicon being there, but now i guess i can go without the thaumanomicon on me all the time!? inventory efficiency! +1 (i mean i'll still have it on my traveling trunk, its essential :) its very nice to look at but the nei addon will be very good anyways, i wonder if it covers all the crafting? including using the wand on blocks out there or turning a node into a jarred node, it doesn't use any special block, i'm very curious how it will look)
All the infusion recipes will be shown, i'm guessing it is just for vanilla TC and not the TC addons?
But the TC addons should be much easier to add now that TC is supported i guess, it is just a matter of tagging more stuff i think? at least for the normal TC way of crafting stuff, the special crafting ways will not be supported unless they thought about this ahead of time.

So i've now build and used the basic packager and the unpackager and i notice that i cannot package wood and some other stuff probably and i want to package wood in crates, i cannot even compress wood in any shape or form that i know of, is there a crafting recipe that uses several logs/planks that can be be crafted back into logs/woods? (if so, i could theoretically craft these to save space) I also want to package thaumcraft phials, oh and JARS, thaumcraft jars being packable would be extremely useful, also the shards and crystallized essence, if i could package it i could mass produce it and store it efficiently, i'm running out of space quickly if i try to mass produce and i love the idea of crates now, i want to crate EVERYTHING i have several stacks of xD i even wanted to crate iron blocks or those quad iron ingots etc, this is very useful when you have little storage like i do. Crates would be extremely useful for items that isn't stackable to 64 so for stuff like snowballs, boats, iron doors, swords.. just WOW if you could stack 16 to 64 of these in a single crate and access them directly with a "crate block" (explained below) extremely useful actually.

One of the first things i did was try to place the crate but that isn't supported sadly :(
I wished i could place these crates like blocks, a single crate would just be 16 items so i guess it automatically uses up 4 crates to place a "crate block" with a storage of 64 items of the same type in the world that you can open with a crowbar, you could potentially upgrade these crates to allow tool-free opening so you don't have to go around with a crowbar all the time (or it could just be tool-free from the get-go, depends on how balanced it would be) If this crate block is broken you should get 4 crates back (if you used the right tool).

Placeable crates would be sort of my dream of having containers scattered (or grouped up), looking very industrial and being efficient and the unpackager will still be useful when you want to open a lot of crates at once, to break/pick up a create you should still need a crowbar imo. The crates shouldn't work like vanilla chests, you should be able to stack them ontop and around each others and a roof above them shouldn't prevent opening them.

I dunno if this is a viable request, i feel it would just be awesome to have a crates of stuff i need constantly but not in huge quantities that much scattered around :D it is annoying having to look for a chest that need very specific place to be placed at to be able to access it, where should i request this?

I mean what options do i have for completely stackable chests? there is a hungry chest from thaumcraft but i will have to unpackage the crates to access their content, sometimes i just want quick and easy crate access, i'm not sure how you would refill these crates (if even possible) maybe they will just have a dedicated inventory for what they were crated into, so if i crated iron ingots, it would only allow iron ingots in it's inventory.

These crates would display their content as part of their every side texture i think, or that could be optional, maybe putting a sign or something on a crate would display? or just another type of crates that is more expensive but displays content if placed? or just a option by right clicking on the crate with a crowbar, it will display the content on the side you right click on. Maybe the crates shouldn't be refillable tho, depends on how it feels if this was added.

I'm not sure if these crates should be mergable or not, like placing 2x2x2 would make it a larger cube crate with a dedicated inventory of 8 crates (or alternatively you could put crates in your crafting grid to craft it into a larger cube crate block when placed), still more useful than chests for badly stackable items such as mine carts.. (ooooh a minecart crate block would be nice xD)

I know there is chest buffers or whatnot in gregtech but i'm not sure how they work, do they do something similar to what i'm requesting and can they be run without volts? or alternatively could they run on batteries? (it would be awesome in that if they HAVE to use voltage i could power these chest buffers with single-use batteries xD would be an excellent use for single-use batteries :D) quick and easy volt storage for simple tasks.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
So i've now build and used the basic packager and the unpackager and i notice that i cannot package wood and some other stuff probably and i want to package wood in crates, i cannot even compress wood in any shape or form that i know of, is there a crafting recipe that uses several logs/planks that can be be crafted back into logs/woods? (if so, i could theoretically craft these to save space)
One of the best ways to save storage space is to use a JABBA barrel. Works for everything that can't be crafted into something more compact and has a stack size of 64 (works for any stack size actually, but since their capacity is counted in stacks its less effective with lower stack sizes). I've been using barrels for building materials, for ores and selected other stuff of which you never have enough like alumentum and charcoal. Some of my barrels can store more than 100000 items.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
How does the Item Detector work?
I tried it on the Input Bus of my ebf but i cannot get it to output a redstone signal (except in inverted but then it always at 15).

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
One of the best ways to save storage space is to use a JABBA barrel. Works for everything that can't be crafted into something more compact and has a stack size of 64 (works for any stack size actually, but since their capacity is counted in stacks its less effective with lower stack sizes). I've been using barrels for building materials, for ores and selected other stuff of which you never have enough like alumentum and charcoal. Some of my barrels can store more than 100000 items.
Ahh i see, that desire is met by jabba barrels, but those barrels make crates kinda pointless i think? Well i doubt barrels can be stacked in inventory like the crates can, in theory i could barrel crates right? if so, that begs the question: can you barrel, barrels? (of any kind?)

Can you move a filled barrel around? can you pick them up and keep contents? wait a sec... i remember there being a tool to move barrels around with, a higher tier of this tool could actually move mob spawners without breaking them at one point i believe (... lets see google... ah! diamond dolly is the tool i'm talking about)
If you can pick them up and they keep their content in your inventory, can you stack them up to 64 barrels in a single inventory slot? Could be useful if i have several of the same type of barrel scattered around and i wanted to move them all to another place. Because of the diamond dolly i guess they are not able to be picked up without losing content.

So i think barrels cannot be stacked like i suggested, but their inventory space is a lot larger BUT they are also harder to access i believe? i can't just right click on a barrel to access the content right?

Edit: After looking up barrels i didn't found what i was looking for.
When i mentioned barrels i was talking about drums, drums isn't quick & easy from my impression of them, imagine if drums allowed solid objects to be stored, even non-stackable objects. Okay so barrels is a completely different thing.

I just found out that i can package "wood pulp" and also "wood plank" this is kinda what i was looking for with wood storage, excellent! :D There actually is a way of crating wood. I'm getting so much wood pulp and i was just looking on a regular vanilla wooden plank if i could store them in crates, couldn't so i just assumed the same would happen to gregtech wood.
All this wood pulp compressing takes forvever with a bronze compressor, time to craft a basic compressor i guess unless i want to crate wood pulp but that is kinda pointless if i can crate the wood planks directly instaid (sometimes i might desire the wood pulp for other things than planks so it is still useful to crate wood pulps for that purpose)

Now i see that stuff can get stuck in the hoppers and in the packager because they don't always stack up to 16 items in the packager, they will get stuck there preventing the packager from doing more work, i guess here is where a chest buffer or regulator comes in the picture :) I'm guessing that the ULV machine versions is good if i don't want to risk the ULV cables when i have a higher voltage power source? Why would anybody build ULV machines? when LV machines can do the same work faster? (at the same cost for the same amount of items) i guess i can see it as a way of saving steel and i spend wrought iron instaid.

Should i build a ULV chest buffer or a LV chest buffer? i already have a transformer so i guess i'll just go with a LV chest buffer for my ULV power line?

Last edited:

Cypher

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. After updating my server to 3.1.4, I can no longer access the RTGs I have to put pellets in. Didn't see anything in the changelog about this. Thanks for any info!

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. After updating my server to 3.1.4, I can no longer access the RTGs I have to put pellets in. Didn't see anything in the changelog about this. Thanks for any info!
Hmm.. tht is indeed quite interesting. Will take a look at it when I get home

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
All the infusion recipes will be shown, i'm guessing it is just for vanilla TC and not the TC addons?
Nope, it adds recipe types to NEI after all so all recipes from all addons of those types will show up in NEI. It just adds the recipe types though to my knowledge, for things like multiblocks you'll still need to check the thaumonomicon.

When i mentioned barrels i was talking about drums, drums isn't quick & easy from my impression of them, imagine if drums allowed solid objects to be stored, even non-stackable objects. Okay so barrels is a completely different thing.
Yeah barrels store 64 stacks of an item by default but can be upgraded, however you may also be interested in the filing cabinets from extra utilities. The basic one has 270 slots and will store any one item, however it ignores metadata and NBTs so you can do stuff like store all of your gregtech dusts in one of them as they share the same id. There is an upgraded version as well which stores 540 items with it's rule being it will only store items that don't stack past one. They also autosort their contents and group so multiple stacks can fit in a single slot and they retain their inventory when broken, they'll even stack if they have the exact same contents. They are seriously amazing though for gregtech stuff as Greg uses barely any ids for their items so you can put basically everything into just a few cabinets.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, it adds recipe types to NEI after all so all recipes from all addons of those types will show up in NEI. It just adds the recipe types though to my knowledge, for things like multiblocks you'll still need to check the thaumonomicon.
Isn't using the wand on a block in the world a type of recipe? maybe it was just over looked or hard to code i guess because you will probably need a multi-page UI sometimes.

Yeah barrels store 64 stacks of an item by default but can be upgraded, however you may also be interested in the filing cabinets from extra utilities. The basic one has 270 slots and will store any one item, however it ignores metadata and NBTs so you can do stuff like store all of your gregtech dusts in one of them as they share the same id. There is an upgraded version as well which stores 540 items with it's rule being it will only store items that don't stack past one. They also autosort their contents and group so multiple stacks can fit in a single slot and they retain their inventory when broken, they'll even stack if they have the exact same contents. They are seriously amazing though for gregtech stuff as Greg uses barely any ids for their items so you can put basically everything into just a few cabinets.
Sounds awesome, i'll have to check out the filing cabinets, i wonder how i can access the items, i'm hoping i can do it manually.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't using the wand on a block in the world a type of recipe? maybe it was just over looked or hard to code i guess.
It's skipped as it doesn't have a recipe handler, at a code level all recipes of the same type use the same code which is something they can check so they can just ask the game for a list of all recipes of that type. The thaumonomicon and the other world interaction stuff work differently so don't just have something that can be pulled, they'd basically all have to be added individually so they weren't afaik.
Sounds awesome, i'll have to check out the filing cabinets, i wonder how i can access the items, i'm hoping i can do it manually.
They work just like a fancy chest, putting items into them or taking them out is just a matter of rightclicking to open the ui as normal. If they're in your inventory they have to be placed though, they're not backpacks after all.