[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I thought I'd have to deal with those mobs who hang around the altars. Regarding regular mob drops, I have a bunch of peaceful tables cranking that stuff out at the cost of enchanted swords. (Reminder to self: need to figure out a way to extract a sword from a chest when its nearly destroyed)

So do to this research, I need to get a lot of warp...and I need to get this unnatural hunger effect? Is it permanent? Can I bath-salts it off or anything?
The unnatural hunger is temporary and you don't need it, it is just a side-effect of having warp.
I believe you can bath-salt "temporary warp" and "warp" but not "permanent warp", so 3 different kinds i think, not exactly sure tho.

Reactions: Pyure

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Guess what....

Modpack has been updated to v3.1.0 (non recommended build, available for selection in the launcher)
v3.1.0 - Buildcraft and Big Pneumatic Oil Update
Mod Updates:
- Applied Energistics 2 -> rv2 stable 8
- AsieLib -> 0.4.2
- BDlib -> 1.8.2.92
- BuildCraft -> 7.0.9
- BuildCraft Compat -> 7.0.8
- Computronics -> 1.5.4
- Enchiridion -> 2.0.2
- Gendustry -> 1.4.13.94
- Industrial Craft 2 -> 2.2.736
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.1.15
- Malisis Core -> 0.12.3
- OpenBlocks -> 1.4.3-645
- OpenModsLib -> 0.7.3
- OpenComputers -> 1.5.13.27-pre.1
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.8.1-83
- ttCore -> 0.1.1-77

New Mods:
- In-Game Wiki

Changes:
- BC Kinesis pipes have loss per distance traveled
- Crop Growth is at vanilla speed
- Milking timeout lowered
- Sugercane is no longer biome dependant
- Food restores 75% of vanilla amount
- Healing occures with mmin 10 hunger
- Lowered damge taken on starve to 2
- Crop harvester recipe changed. HV Age
- Advanced RE-Battery requires Annealed Copper instead of Regular Copper cable
- Cresote can be processed in SemiFluid Gen for little power. 1000L = 3000EU @ 8EU/t
- Wooden button is again craftable in the crafting grid (Thanks @Timeslice42)
- EnderIO conduits crafting output boosted to 6.
- Disabled IC2 Wire Cutter
- Disabled chiseling Stone and Cobblestone into Mossy.
- Slightly Changed recipe for Diamond and Obsidian Chisel
- Disabled BuildCraft Quarry crafting
- Already made BC Quarries can be used only once. Or they can be "upgraded" into Ender Quarry.
- Peopper automatic replacement of GregTech tools in hotbar.
- Kinesis Pipes are now lossy over distance
- PneumaticCraft plants no longer spawns.
- PneumaticCraft Oil is now used. It will generate in newly generated chunks only.
- For more information on PneumaticCraft check In-game Wiki. (You might need to resolve keybind conflict)
- Fixed not being able to craft GT OreGen Book
- Disabled Bluepower Marble Generation
- Added extra recipe for GT OreGen Book with Coal Ore Block
- Since all other wooden slabs are made only with Saw+Plank by default, for some reason Oak was not aware of this.
- Fixed Nugget Unification
- Disabled Bluepower Amethyst Tools (GT Versions still available)
- Fixed crash occuring on Servers only when opening GT OreGen Book
- Fixed crafting of Steel Nuggets
- EnderEye can now be crafted in vanilla style (just crafting table)
- Added Blue Alloy and Purple Alloy recipes for GT Alloy Smelter

"Fixed Nugget Unification" :D

I can't have a hopper fuel my basic macerator with broken or looted iron tools & armor, they get stuck in the hopper, is this intented behaviour? (i want to do a lot of recycling in one batch, 1by1 manual is a bit slow)

Last edited:

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
Pyure - Just curious but do you just run your RC boiler all the time, even if your system is currently not drawing any power? My only concern with going the RC boiler to steam turbine route is the power waste when my battery buffers/machines are fully charged and I am not actively processing anything. With GT diesel generators I could at least shut them down and have almost no fuel loss but turning off the boiler present it's own issues. I guess if the fuel is efficient enough it still might come out ahead even if you just run it all the time?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
(Reminder to self: need to figure out a way to extract a sword from a chest when its nearly destroyed)
Take out a sword at the right time once, then use it as a filter in an EnderIO conduit with metadata enabled.

So do to this research, I need to get a lot of warp...and I need to get this unnatural hunger effect? Is it permanent? Can I bath-salts it off or anything?
The unnatural hunger is one of several possible warp effects - one the more unpleasant, since if you do eat zombie brains, you get even more warp. It is possible to get enough warp to unlock the Eldritch tab just by researching forbidden knowledge and crafting a few items. I got it with researching almost all forbidden knowledge and making some flesh golems.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Pyure - Just curious but do you just run your RC boiler all the time, even if your system is currently not drawing any power? My only concern with going the RC boiler to steam turbine route is the power waste when my battery buffers/machines are fully charged and I am not actively processing anything. With GT diesel generators I could at least shut them down and have almost no fuel loss but turning off the boiler present it's own issues. I guess if the fuel is efficient enough it still might come out ahead even if you just run it all the time?
I am running my RC boiler constantly. Since the only resource that goes into the system is wood from the farm and cobble from the rock breaker - everything in the system is ultimately made from it, including the Instrumentum for repairing the turbine rotor, and the system powers itself - I don't need to worry about waste. All I need to do is occasionally attaching a void pipe to the conduit line that moves the creosote oil in order to remove the slight overproduction of it, and to put the rotor into the Thaumic Restorer for a few minutes once a real-time day (I have a second rotor for that time).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Good gracious no. In fact I run very small boilers most of the time (8LP or 8HP) for exactly this reason. I'm shutting it off and on manually these days. When I have the tech for BC gates I'll automate it (I dunno what level they require now, probably MV or thereabouts)

This is why the GT boilers can compete for efficiency really: they're responsive. You can spin one up really quickly for steam on demand, and there's virtually zero waste. They still suck compared to a 36LP boiler running full time, but I never run a 36LP fulltime, so I don't care.

Take out a sword at the right time once, then use it as a filter in an EnderIO conduit with metadata enabled.
Genius thanks :)

Sheepthief

Jul 29, 2019
Guess what....

Modpack has been updated to v3.1.0 (non recommended build, available for selection in the launcher)
v3.1.0 - Buildcraft and Big Pneumatic Oil Update
Mod Updates:
- Applied Energistics 2 -> rv2 stable 8
- AsieLib -> 0.4.2
- BDlib -> 1.8.2.92
- BuildCraft -> 7.0.9
- BuildCraft Compat -> 7.0.8
- Computronics -> 1.5.4
- Enchiridion -> 2.0.2
- Gendustry -> 1.4.13.94
- Industrial Craft 2 -> 2.2.736
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.1.15
- Malisis Core -> 0.12.3
- OpenBlocks -> 1.4.3-645
- OpenModsLib -> 0.7.3
- OpenComputers -> 1.5.13.27-pre.1
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.8.1-83
- ttCore -> 0.1.1-77

New Mods:
- In-Game Wiki

Changes:
- BC Kinesis pipes have loss per distance traveled
- Crop Growth is at vanilla speed
- Milking timeout lowered
- Sugercane is no longer biome dependant
- Food restores 75% of vanilla amount
- Healing occures with mmin 10 hunger
- Lowered damge taken on starve to 2
- Crop harvester recipe changed. HV Age
- Advanced RE-Battery requires Annealed Copper instead of Regular Copper cable
- Cresote can be processed in SemiFluid Gen for little power. 1000L = 3000EU @ 8EU/t
- Wooden button is again craftable in the crafting grid (Thanks @Timeslice42)
- EnderIO conduits crafting output boosted to 6.
- Disabled IC2 Wire Cutter
- Disabled chiseling Stone and Cobblestone into Mossy.
- Slightly Changed recipe for Diamond and Obsidian Chisel
- Disabled BuildCraft Quarry crafting
- Already made BC Quarries can be used only once. Or they can be "upgraded" into Ender Quarry.
- Peopper automatic replacement of GregTech tools in hotbar.
- Kinesis Pipes are now lossy over distance
- PneumaticCraft plants no longer spawns.
- PneumaticCraft Oil is now used. It will generate in newly generated chunks only.
- For more information on PneumaticCraft check In-game Wiki. (You might need to resolve keybind conflict)
- Fixed not being able to craft GT OreGen Book
- Disabled Bluepower Marble Generation
- Added extra recipe for GT OreGen Book with Coal Ore Block
- Since all other wooden slabs are made only with Saw+Plank by default, for some reason Oak was not aware of this.
- Fixed Nugget Unification
- Disabled Bluepower Amethyst Tools (GT Versions still available)
- Fixed crash occuring on Servers only when opening GT OreGen Book
- Fixed crafting of Steel Nuggets
- EnderEye can now be crafted in vanilla style (just crafting table)
- Added Blue Alloy and Purple Alloy recipes for GT Alloy Smelter

Are there currently any plans to change anything else regarding world-gen in the near future? (ike PC oil, bluepower marble, and sugarcane in this update)
I only ask so I can determine whether or not I want to wait before venturing out and spawning new chunks with these changes.

Thank you!

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
I only ask so I can determine whether or not I want to wait before venturing out and spawning new chunks with these changes.

I can probably bet upon such changes in the future, it is just something you have to accept. Trust me I know where you are coming from, I explored a ton before settling down and building a home. Then a ton more finding Tin....

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, what's the easiest way to accumulate warp for the eldritch tab? Just keep eating zombie brains?
I got it just with researching most things myself, only warp adding actions outside of that was making a bucket of liquid death for a mob farm and wandering into an eldritch biome a couple of times and getting attacked by the guardians.

It's worth noting though that it's random, there is no magical threshold that instantly grants it upon crossing, it's just a matter of once you're high enough every warp event has a chance of unlocking it for you.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Are there currently any plans to change anything else regarding world-gen in the near future? (ike PC oil, bluepower marble, and sugarcane in this update)

Thank you!
I can probably bet upon such changes in the future, it is just something you have to accept. Trust me I know where you are coming from, I explored a ton before settling down and building a home. Then a ton more finding Tin....
Thats something I can't that much affect. It depends on mods. If mod updates with new world gen, I am not going to say no to it.

edit: PC Oil was the only real new world gen. Bluepower marble just got disabled, because there is SOOOOO many of marble around thanks to chisel, and having a lot more was bit a killer. Sugercane world gen has not bee changed, only its growth speed (i guess I should wrote it better in the changelog)

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Was the Buildcraft update a major one? I get complaints that textures can't be found (I have Soartex installed), and existing BC objects which had their higher-res textures in 3.01 have reverted to their standard ones.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Was the Buildcraft update a major one? I get complaints that textures can't be found (I have Soartex installed), and existing BC objects which had their higher-res textures in 3.01 have reverted to their standard ones.
Yes. Soartex needs to update for the new BC7

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Guys, what's the easiest way to accumulate warp for the eldritch tab? Just keep eating zombie brains?
The easiest? Maybe, but I never liked to do it. Since I tend to research everything anyway, that's the way I get there. That, and craft a few things I like to have anyway. It is difficult to determine a threshold, since the unlock isn't automatic, and the research for the sanity checker which lets you check your warp levels is in the Eldritch tab. If and only if you have enough warp, there is a chance at any time you get a warp event that the Eldritch tab unlocks.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The easiest? Maybe, but I never liked to do it. Since I tend to research everything anyway, that's the way I get there. That, and craft a few things I like to have anyway. It is difficult to determine a threshold, since the unlock isn't automatic, and the research for the sanity checker which lets you check your warp levels is in the Eldritch tab. If and only if you have enough warp, there is a chance at any time you get a warp event that the Eldritch tab unlocks.
Oh ok, I didn't realize it didn't happen at a magical invisible warp number as soon as I hit it.

I've been advised to build flesh golems till I have sufficient warp, so I'll try that.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Uh, oh....I'm reading about the PneumaticCraft update. Is PneumaticCraft oil interchangeable with Buildcraft oil? The text I read says they're "fully compatible" - that would mean I can use BC oil to make PC plastic?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Uh, oh....I'm reading about the PneumaticCraft update. Is PneumaticCraft oil interchangeable with Buildcraft oil? The text I read says they're "fully compatible" - that would mean I can use BC oil to make PC plastic?
You may be pioneering this. I promised Jason I'd test this before we released it and then because I'm a bad person I failed to do so. Good luck with that!

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You may be pioneering this. I promised Jason I'd test this before we released it and then because I'm a bad person I failed to do so. Good luck with that!
Well. that's a motivation to get on it if I ever heard one :)

Also, as a piece of feedback: Jason's and your recommendation to "build more" was spot on. I made a second ore processing line and added a second centrifuge to each line, and now ore processing speed is quadrupled. I never realized how much of a bottleneck the centrifuges are. I also relocated the system as to avoid a 20-block power line, and now I can run both at the same time. Haven't tried to run the blast furnace alongside the ore processing yet, but the system is considerably improved.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well. that's a motivation to get on it if I ever heard one :)

Also, as a piece of feedback: Jason's and your recommendation to "build more" was spot on. I made a second ore processing line and added a second centrifuge to each line, and now ore processing speed is quadrupled. I never realized how much of a bottleneck the centrifuges are. I also relocated the system as to avoid a 20-block power line, and now I can run both at the same time. Haven't tried to run the blast furnace alongside the ore processing yet, but the system is considerably improved.
You and me, we're best buds now :)

You know, until you gripe about something in an hour. But I'll enjoy this special moment while it lasts.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thats why I released it as non-recommended version for now. Next time when some similiar big change will happen I am going to make two builds. One containing the required fixes and normal updates and then on top of that one extra version in non-recommedned with the fixes, normal updates and the big change updates.