[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
HV (universal) macerator has two slots, I haven't tried but I'm assuming EV (universal pulverizer) has three and IV (Blend o matic or whatever) has all four.

Thermal centrifuge also works and is LV, but is a power hog. It also give you a very slightly higher average output of second byproduct (1/9 = 0.111.. as opposed to 10% = 0.1) but personally I find it annoying to have tiny dusts laying around clogging you up. Also, since Redstone has a third byproduct (glowstone), the thermally centrifuged pile of ore will give you glowstone instead of rare earth when you macerate it so if it's rare earth you're after you're better off getting an HV macerator and a regular centrifuge for an average of 0.2111... rare earth dust per crushed ore (or 2.111... rare earth per redstone ore block).

Hold on, ill go back to my base and show you just how much cadmium i have obtained from redstone - i went on vacay, so bear in mind im yet to reach HV ... -_-'
My point showing, that the drop rate is so low that its just not worth it unless youre already in HV points, if youre already in MV then you have access to Lithium, so its kinda a moot point imo.

edit: grammar check.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
This is from processing enough redstone to exceed 10 stacks of pure redstone dust.
Thats using the thermal centrifuge to obtain tiny piles of rare earth and processing it into that 6-side 25% drop rate, clusterfuck with 3 other byproducts that you currently don't have a use for, with two useful byproducts that are late-late game.

Attachments

• 2015-01-05_23.08.36.png
    2015-01-05_23.08.36.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 71

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
I find that the thermal centrifuge is pretty much useless. I use this setup, to get all the possible byproducts: Macerator > Ore Washing Plant > Macerator > Basic Centrifuge. All are LV. I guess you can later use HV macerators, so you can get even more byproducts.
This way, you can get both cinnabar and rare earth, at LV stage.
But, really, I don't see what use one would have for batteries, so early.

Edit: Good time as any, to brag! :D Finally found a tungsten vein, after over 20k blocks of search, and made my first tungstensteel. Not sure what I'll do with it, though. Naquadah reactor sounds fun, but I don't even need it, for the Mark 1. Might as well go straight for Mark 2, as I also found a plutonium vein, and I'm not sure how grindy 2 nether stars are. And what would that even power!

Last edited:
Reactions: Batch2 and Grove

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I restarted my world from scratch. Was looking for some tin, and I spent over 2 hrs looking for a vein. After that I got so annoyed, that i switched to creative and went flying around. Another hour passed, and still no tin. Made a backup of the world, typed in /cofh clearblocks Jason_McRay 200 100 200 stone dirt grass sand lava water gravel.... and found a vein 100 blocks away from my base bellow tiny pool of water :D
Facepalmed hardly :D

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok... I restarted my world from scratch. Was looking for some tin, and I spent over 2 hrs looking for a vein. After that I got so annoyed, that i switched to creative and went flying around. Another hour passed, and still no tin. Made a backup of the world, typed in /cofh clearblocks Jason_McRay 200 100 200 stone dirt grass sand lava water gravel.... and found a vein 100 blocks away from my base bellow tiny pool of water :D
This is why I don't sympathize with people who say "there's no tin within 3km of my base."

Finding stuff is hard, people. Improve your searching methods.

ps: Jason you cheater.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmm, I haven't done it, but one of the earlier and by now quite forgotten automining tools could be helpful here:

* build railcraft tunnel bore
* add carts with track and gravel, add chunkloader
* send in a direction and let it run
* check tunnel for veins after a while
I've done this, on a world with MigukNamja several months ago; I wasn't super excited with the results. Biggest issue is that it consumes an awful lot of fuel. By the time you have the fuel problems sorted out, chances are you have better mining methods, e.g arcane bore.

I imagine the IHL tunnel bore works way more efficiently too, but it drops results on the ground (annoying), possibly into lava (very annoying) and the "collector" drones which should be picking them up suck at doing so (screw the ihl bore).

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

Ouch I can't stand it when that happens. There's no way I could play in that new world either :( It'd be tainted with cheating. It would drive me crazy.

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I don't sympathize with people who say "there's no tin within 3km of my base."

Finding stuff is hard, people. Improve your searching methods.

ps: Jason you cheater.
Well... i got really frustrated, because I lost basically everything I had with the explosion... which I still have no idea what caused it.... as far as i am aware the machines even if they explode, will not leave that big hole... it was more like my Steam Boiler blew up, but again, the boiler was sitting next to the Iron Tank on the other side, so... no idea

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well... i got really frustrated, because I lost basically everything I had with the explosion... which I still have no idea what caused it.... as far as i am aware the machines even if they explode, will not leave that big hole... it was more like my Steam Boiler blew up, but again, the boiler was sitting next to the Iron Tank on the other side, so... no idea
Nod, same thing happened to me on the dev server as you may recall. Very annoying. Log on and find a gigantic crater where half your base used to be.

And once on Miguk's server too iirc. That one I thought might have been due to some weird error with GT battery buffers, but now I dunno.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Probably hard to check now, but there are weird issues with multiblocks across chunks. I've had my EBF stop working completely after teleporting out and back again, until I moved it to be completely in one chunk.

Now the boiler might have been in multiple chunks, or the water supplier in a different chunk from the boiler. (That's why you'll see recommendations to build water supply *below* the boiler, also for RC ones.)

Reactions: Batch2

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

I am willing to bet your boiler and/or the tank were on a chunk boarder. This has happened to me before too. It's a mistake you only make once. Boilers and their water supplies should always be completely within one chunk.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I find that the thermal centrifuge is pretty much useless.

I might be dumb, but I kinda like it for getting gold out of magnetite and titanium from bauxite. I wish I could find some information about its energy usage though. All I know is it is a lot. Slightly more than my system can consistently deliver.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I might be dumb, but I kinda like it for getting gold out of magnetite and titanium from bauxite. I wish I could find some information about its energy usage though. All I know is it is a lot. Slightly more than my system can consistently deliver.
I don't recall precise voltages, but it does use 2A instead of the usual 1A, and its the only single-block machine to do so afaik (discounting battery buffers and transformers)

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recall precise voltages, but it does use 2A instead of the usual 1A, and its the only single-block machine to do so afaik (discounting battery buffers and transformers)

That is like the only thing I do know.

Do you know if there is any advantage/disadvantage to the different tiers? E.g., is there something better/faster about a MV thermal centrifuge than a LV one? The other machines seem to at least have more/different capabilities as you move up the tiers (e.g. being able to do high voltage recipes or offering by products).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
virtually all machines run faster by adding power.

For instance, if you use a portable scanner on an MV EBF you'll see that a given recipe may take 85 seconds while an HV EBF doing the same recipe takes 42 seconds. (I believe this is the case for aluminium)

Of course, you're spending 4x the power for 2x the speed, so if you have the resources,it would make more sense to build multiple MV EBFs (other perks you mentioned notwithstanding)

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
virtually all machines run faster by adding power.

For instance, if you use a portable scanner on an MV EBF you'll see that a given recipe may take 85 seconds while an HV EBF doing the same recipe takes 42 seconds. (I believe this is the case for aluminium)

Of course, you're spending 4x the power for 2x the speed, so if you have the resources,it would make more sense to build multiple MV EBFs (other perks you mentioned notwithstanding)

Ah, thank you. I had suspected this, but it is good to have "proof".

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, I think you should continue with your lets play world. We're all dying to see your next episode...

If it helps put in into perspective when my steam boiler exploded it was on FTB Ultimate. I had 12 x 36 HP boilers going. A server admin decided to remove my chunk loader because I wasn't on much that week... That was a big hole. I left the server after that haha.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, I think you should continue with your lets play world. We're all dying to see your next episode...

If it helps put in into perspective when my steam boiler exploded it was on FTB Ultimate. I had 12 x 36 HP boilers going. A server admin decided to remove my chunk loader because I wasn't on much that week... That was a big hole. I left the server after that haha.
Nah.. I already recorded 3 episodes of the "season 2" on the new world... Also i promissed in the first recorded of the S2, that i will be more efficient and less boring (challenge accepted)

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
This is from processing enough redstone to exceed 10 stacks of pure redstone dust.
Thats using the thermal centrifuge to obtain tiny piles of rare earth and processing it into that 6-side 25% drop rate, clusterfuck with 3 other byproducts that you currently don't have a use for, with two useful byproducts that are late-late game.

That's one stack of redstone ore. Not that much, like I said from one stack of ore you would get about 2.11 dust. And Cadmium certainly isn't economical to produce, but if you don't have much lithium then it's not *that* unreasonable.

4x the power but only 2x the total energy (eg if the recipe uses 32 eu/t in one second that's 32 * 20 = 640 EU. In an MV machine it uses 128 EU/t in half a second, so 128 * 10 = 1280 EU). So it's not that bad as far as energy consumption goes.