[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it's for Insane Voltage tier stuff. I am not quite there with the infrastructure, but I have all I need for it. I made the EV Precision Laser Engraver machine, for the AE stuff, because I wasn't aware that those plates do not get consumed. I even had duplicates, from the meteorite runs. Should've seen my face :))

Anyway, then I figured that I have access to all the resources I need to advance, all except tungsten. It's pretty ridiculous how easy iridium is, which is an even higher tier metal, in comparison.

Finding tin and then apatite were quite an adventure, too, but man, I feel like I've been digging for 2 days straight. I'm making an iridium MV drill, I hope that will tear up the stone, I've been abusing dark steel pickaxes, heh.

For lithium I recommend clay in the electrolyzer. You get a bunch of aluminium, too, which will come in handy.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
For lithium I recommend clay in the electrolyzer. You get a bunch of aluminium, too, which will come in handy.

I'm in the LV stage in my world still, so that's not an option. This is also why finding a tungsten/lithium vein so early is such a treat...

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I haven't done it, but one of the earlier and by now quite forgotten automining tools could be helpful here:

* build railcraft tunnel bore
* add carts with track and gravel, add chunkloader
* send in a direction and let it run
* check tunnel for veins after a while

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I haven't done it, but one of the earlier and by now quite forgotten automining tools could be helpful here:

* build railcraft tunnel bore
* add carts with track and gravel, add chunkloader
* send in a direction and let it run
* check tunnel for veins after a while

Won't I need thousands of tracks, for that?
Anyway, the drill rocks. I'm mining as fast as I'm running, and the advanced nanochestplate powers it. (by the way, I think the recipe for this item was broken).

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
sure, tracks are needed. But aren't they quite cheap? (you'll have creosote anyway since it's one of the few ways to get charcoal, and iron is not a problem with limonite veins)

Hmm, I admit I haven't looked at track recipes in infitech. Maybe they require steel.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
They are actually quite cheap. I think 9 iron for a stack. I still think that the speed is not even comparable, but thanks for the tip.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
you'll have creosote anyway since it's one of the few ways to get charcoal

Speaking of creosote what are their any good thing to do with the massive build up of it? Besides pumping it into a steam boiler is there a good way to make use of thousands of buckets? I'm more so planning on going diesel and methane power so I'm not sure what to do with it all. (The charcoal production is all going into sterling engines to power my ethanol set up)

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019

I found that in early game you can wash lepidolite and spodumene (you'll usually find these with salt ores) - you can find enough for a handful of lithium small batteries and then process the rest later :p
These can be done without medium voltage setups, furthermore, if you find a tungstate vein you're set for life with lithium.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of creosote what are their any good thing to do with the massive build up of it? Besides pumping it into a steam boiler is there a good way to make use of thousands of buckets? I'm more so planning on going diesel and methane power so I'm not sure what to do with it all. (The charcoal production is all going into sterling engines to power my ethanol set up)
Apart from making rails and burning, I don't think it has a use. If you like brown fluids, you could place it down as a decorative element :p (Maybe it even has an interesting property when placed down?)

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
furthermore, if you find a tungstate vein you're set for life with lithium.

Unless you're an idiot like me and threw out most of the lithium from the vein because you thought it was cobble and you didn't realize until it already despawned. I have had to make cadmium batteries because I didn't want to waste lithium but wanted a better buffer than sodium.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you're an idiot like me and threw out most of the lithium from the vein because you thought it was cobble and you didn't realize until it already despawned. I have had to make cadmium batteries because I didn't want to waste lithium but wanted a better buffer than sodium.
Don't throw cobble, you need it for the bedrockium drums! :D

With my creosote I easily power a ME system and some LV machines, when needed. It's a steady source of power, I usually store my charcoal until I chug it in the steel large boiler, when I need lots of power.

Last edited:

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found a bug. The JABBA iron upgrades are uncraftable. Both the recipe and the iron plates say they use oredictionary but you still can't make the upgrade. I'm still on the last version btw.

Apart from making rails and burning, I don't think it has a use. If you like brown fluids, you could place it down as a decorative element :p (Maybe it even has an interesting property when placed down?)
I was thinking of doing a massive rail transport as it would really help to get to my mining veins, but I already have enough creosote for a JABBA barrels of ties... Haha 4000 decorative blocks of creosote :p

With my creosote I easily power a ME system and some LV machines, when needed. It's a steady source of power, I usually store my charcoal until I chug it in the steel large boiler, when I need lots of power.

Good idea. I think I'll do the same and feed it into a small LP boiler for some early ME power, a couple industrial steam engines should be fine for now. Can at least get that fluix/nether crystal growth going.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found a bug. The JABBA iron upgrades are uncraftable. Both the recipe and the iron plates say they use oredictionary but you still can't make the upgrade. I'm still on the last version btw.
Works perfectly for me. Are you at 2.0.7 or 2.0.8 version? 2.0.7 had some issues with downloading from some repos, so maybe try to force update. If it will still fail, you can grab the pack files also from my release page on github (just made the page). https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/releases

That 2.0.8 version is one extra "fix" ahead than on the FTB launcher :)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, you used cadmium? i have yet to find a large enough source of it beyond rare earth, i havnt gotten enough cadmium to fill a small battery hull! :O

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
@MigukNamja could you offer some friendly advise...

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what but I'm not having much luck with enderIO item conduits and bees/apiaries.

I've got them set into Round Robin mode and a few filters on, for example, to only allow Common Princesses and common drones through, set the meta data filter to ignore, yet it won't pull through any bees what so ever from a chest.

Also is there any good way of making just pure drones? I'm sure you just breed a drone with the relevant princess and keep breeding but enderIO is making that very difficult!

Sent from my iPhone

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, you used cadmium? i have yet to find a large enough source of it beyond rare earth, i havnt gotten enough cadmium to fill a small battery hull! :O

You can get it as the second byproduct of redstone ore (pulverizing purified ore and centrifuging purified dust). But then you miss out on cinnabar for mercury.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
You can get it as the second byproduct of redstone ore (pulverizing purified ore and centrifuging purified dust). But then you miss out on cinnabar for mercury.

Is there a way to pulverize before the ultra high EV gregtech pulverizer? I'm having trouble finding a second option if there is one. Usually I would use a rockcrusher but that's been disabled.

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
HV (universal) macerator has two slots, I haven't tried but I'm assuming EV (universal pulverizer) has three and IV (Blend o matic or whatever) has all four.

Thermal centrifuge also works and is LV, but is a power hog. It also give you a very slightly higher average output of second byproduct (1/9 = 0.111.. as opposed to 10% = 0.1) but personally I find it annoying to have tiny dusts laying around clogging you up. Also, since Redstone has a third byproduct (glowstone), the thermally centrifuged pile of ore will give you glowstone instead of rare earth when you macerate it so if it's rare earth you're after you're better off getting an HV macerator and a regular centrifuge for an average of 0.2111... rare earth dust per crushed ore (or 2.111... rare earth per redstone ore block).

Reactions: Jason McRay