[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else got crashes / world corruptions when usung the kami osmotic enchanter?
i suspect some wrong initialized enchantments. worked some builts before. may be broken by openblocks?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm guessing this is because the transformer only accepts 1 amp so that's all the gets sent eventhough the up stream one is capable of sending more.
Assuming we're just talking about GT transformers here, bingo.

In my experience, machines are usually safe for amps. They only request what they need/can handle, so they cannot explode due to over-amperage.

One thing I'm not sure about is: if your MV transformer is in upconvert mode (outputing 128EU/t) and you direct that output into one of the input sides of an upconverting LV transformer...that could theoretically cause an explosion because those sides are expecting 32 eu/t. #nottested.

Reactions: Grove

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
I just about to enter the mv stage since i have finished my ebf and want to start getting stuff upgraded. But before i want to do that i like to make circuits cheaper then the standard 6 copper cables 2 nand and a steel plate. I saw that i could use the assembling machine to build them with 2 nand and basic circuit board or something like that. Problem is that requires a good supply of silicon. So what is the cheapest/most effecient way to get silicon?
Also whats the easiest path to supply oxygen to the ebf for wrought iron --> steel?
I know i have NEI but there are so many ways and alot of the routes seem rather long and inefficient

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I just about to enter the mv stage since i have finished my ebf and want to start getting stuff upgraded. But before i want to do that i like to make circuits cheaper then the standard 6 copper cables 2 nand and a steel plate. I saw that i could use the assembling machine to build them with 2 nand and basic circuit board or something like that. Problem is that requires a good supply of silicon. So what is the cheapest/most effecient way to get silicon?
Also whats the easiest path to supply oxygen to the ebf for wrought iron --> steel?
I know i have NEI but there are so many ways and alot of the routes seem rather long and inefficient

Silicon you can get from centrifuging redstone I think, or you can electrolyze glass dust (gives you oxygen too).

Oxygen you can get by electrolyzing magnetite.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Silicon you can get from centrifuging redstone I think, or you can electrolyze glass dust (gives you oxygen too).

Oxygen you can get by electrolyzing magnetite.

I took the long route i guess, but the way i did Silicon was Black Granite - you can macerate the granite cobble into dusts, centrifuge to pure, centrifuge again to remove biotite and then electrolyze to separate Silicone from Oxygen, makes a nice tidy packet of both, this can all be achieved in the LV segment of the tech tree so its not like its murder getting hold of it.

Reactions: Grove

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I took the long route i guess, but the way i did Silicon was Black Granite - you can macerate the granite cobble into dusts, centrifuge to pure, centrifuge again to remove biotite and then electrolyze to separate Silicone from Oxygen, makes a nice tidy packet of both, this can all be achieved in the LV segment of the tech tree so its not like its murder getting hold of it.
This is actually a really good way to go. Oxygen is very useful later on so gather it as a byproduct is an excellent bonus.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
At the MV stage I used clay dust (which you can get lots, fast) in the electrolyzer and got a lot of lithium, silicon and aluminium. You get to use all, from the same product.
Oxygen I think I got from ilmenite and ruby in the electrolyzer. You will do that, anyway, to obtain titanium and chrome.
This way, you only use 3 primary ores for many things, instead of getting out of your way for glass, magnetite or black granite.
(I get that it's harder to find redstone (ruby) and bauxite (ilmenite), but instead of mining and processing magnetite (I never used that stuff) or slooowly mining black granite, you could rather use the time to find those ores, that you need anyway.)

Blackbook

Jul 29, 2019
What texture packs are you guys playing? I can't do default on my triple monitor setup...it hurts me so bad.

I've build a sphax pack - but im bored of it. :D

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious - I'm playing the modpack without pneumaticcraft. Mainly because I was getting terrible FPS, and disabling it seemed to help (likely getting rid of all its annoying plants). What am I missing out on? The progression seems to go really well without it.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
At the MV stage I used clay dust (which you can get lots, fast) in the electrolyzer and got a lot of lithium, silicon and aluminium. You get to use all, from the same product.
Oxygen I think I got from ilmenite and ruby in the electrolyzer. You will do that, anyway, to obtain titanium and chrome.
This way, you only use 3 primary ores for many things, instead of getting out of your way for glass, magnetite or black granite.
(I get that it's harder to find redstone (ruby) and bauxite (ilmenite), but instead of mining and processing magnetite (I never used that stuff) or slooowly mining black granite, you could rather use the time to find those ores, that you need anyway.)

Dark Pick - Unbreaking 3 - efficiency 5 - fortune 3 ... granite breaks at the same speed as smooth stone does to a vanilla iron pick. :3
Magnetite is always worth it, its where i got about 75% of my dwindling gold reserves ... feckin' HV tech needs gold, magnetite is plentiful, see where i'm coming from?
Now as i was explaining with the granite production chain, it does NOT require MV to obtain - granite and glass dust can all be turned into silicon and oxygen in LV.

@Impiryo - Miguk's server disables it, we dont have any issues that ive noticed.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious - I'm playing the modpack without pneumaticcraft. Mainly because I was getting terrible FPS, and disabling it seemed to help (likely getting rid of all its annoying plants). What am I missing out on? The progression seems to go really well without it.
Tip: Make sure to disable also the pneumaticraft.zs script file, otherwise you WILL HAVE recipe issues.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
At the MV stage I used clay dust (which you can get lots, fast)
Is there any route you use to get all that clay? I can't find a clay containing (or desert) biome for the life of me. I'm actually starting to consider doing IC2 crops->plantball->dirt->centrifuge to clay to get more clay dust as I've raided almost every river and pond in a reasonable distance.

Dark Pick - Unbreaking 3 - efficiency 5 - fortune 3 ... granite breaks at the same speed as smooth stone does to a vanilla iron pick. :3
Magnetite is always worth it, its where i got about 75% of my dwindling gold reserves ... feckin' HV tech needs gold, magnetite is plentiful, see where i'm coming from?

Magnetite goes from being the most worthless find early game to unbelievably amazing mid/late game. I'm doing lots of enderio IO and a top tier capacitator takes 50 gold. I've made 16 of them now. Gold, iron, oxygen in a single ore?!?! Sign me up.

Reactions: Grove and Pyure

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any route you use to get all that clay? I can't find a clay containing (or desert) biome for the life of me. I'm actually starting to consider doing IC2 crops->plantball->dirt->centrifuge to clay to get more clay dust as I've raided almost every river and pond in a reasonable distance.
Thaumcraft has an easy way for clay. 1 Sugarcane + 2 Cobblestone = 1 Clay.
If it's only for Silicon, the cheapest way to get it is sand. (Most energy efficient when i remember right: Sand->Glass->Glass dust->silicon dioxide->silicon + oxygen)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, I'm tinkering with big reactors in infitech2 today. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about the mod.

1) Can anyone give me a highly efficient design of some sort? I'm thinking in the neighbourhood of a 11x11 reactor would be nice. Or a 9x9.
2) What are our best options for turbine coils, other than ludicrite? Is steel really the next best?