[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way that wont involve starting again, to reset thaumcraft 4.2?
By reset i mean, everything - aspects and research, not just the latter.
the irc is about as much use as a chocolate teapot and reddit, well reddit is full of people who are offering fixes from older versions of tc...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yes.. delete your research file inside the saves folder. its called like: jasonmcray.thaum

its under players folder

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Yes.. delete your research file inside the saves folder. its called like: jasonmcray.thaum

its under players folder
Yeah, ive got 2 folders in the multimc directory, one of them is identified in hexadecimal with the prefix .thaum.
The other also in hex is prefixed ".thaumback" this is in addition to the player folder. (Playerdata and Players)
Edit: i had to delete both sets it seems, but why would the program create a secondary backup? (not in the zip file either)

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I will say something about the pack:
GregTech makes ravines so disappointing in this version, i mean, i see a ravine and im usually thinking "WOOHOO! LETS GET DIGGING!" - i should of known from my experiences with TFC that mods altering oregen tend to make ravines almost, well ... naked ... which brings me to a point; when hammers say "can be used for prospecting" does it mean, prospecting like in TFC where you tap a block and it says "Small copper deposit" ?
if i understood Dunk correctly, a TFC propick scans in the direction that you use it, up to 8 (or is it 16) blocks? and tells you in a "Hot or Cold" sense if you have ore nearby.
Im also having real trouble finding copper and tin outside of tetrahedrite deposits, tin, which i havnt found anything beyond smalls, isnt so bad because you only need 1 : 3 copper for bronze, definitely making good use of the AE grindstone, do we have that ... robotic arm? that direwolf20 has in his LPs?

Reactions: AlCapella

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I will say something about the pack:
GregTech makes ravines so disappointing in this version, i mean, i see a ravine and im usually thinking "WOOHOO! LETS GET DIGGING!" - i should of known from my experiences with TFC that mods altering oregen tend to make ravines almost, well ... naked ... which brings me to a point; when hammers say "can be used for prospecting" does it mean, prospecting like in TFC where you tap a block and it says "Small copper deposit" ?
if i understood Dunk correctly, a TFC propick scans in the direction that you use it, up to 8 (or is it 16) blocks? and tells you in a "Hot or Cold" sense if you have ore nearby.
Im also having real trouble finding copper and tin outside of tetrahedrite deposits, tin, which i havnt found anything beyond smalls, isnt so bad because you only need 1 : 3 copper for bronze, definitely making good use of the AE grindstone, do we have that ... robotic arm? that direwolf20 has in his LPs?
Its funny. Before the new OreGen I was never interested in ravines, and now I am :)

Ravines are now like the equivalent of mountainsides: you can eyeball-scan them quickly to see if there's ores in the area. And its just about the only way to do so for low-elevation ores. (For stuff like diamonds, your alternatives are mining or caving)

I don't think anyone's had a lot of luck with prospecting via hammer. But, yeah, you can right-click a rock, and it will try to tell you if there are ores nearby (behind it? within X blocks? no idea). The TFC version (TFC?) actually sounds sort of useful.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
@Tyriael_Soban Factorisation and EXBL are two unlucky mods, IMO. They seem to be the first two that get ditched. So, no robotic arm for you! Also, AlgoX2 fixed that "glitch" after oh-im-so-clever-I-outsmart-myself-to-stupidity-direwolf20 cackled about it on TV!

Thanks for the warning... I am also of the same type... Every time I see a ravine, I set up a second FOB nearby! With a mineshaft and a lot of ores, it'll be a week of entertainment at least. I'll stay clear this time, then?

@Pyure, TFC's TerraFirmaCraft

Memo to self: Tin is going to be a pain!

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the consumption rate of steam by the basic steam turbine when power is being used? I'm wondering if adding a railcraft 2HP boiler would be enough to supply it for continuous use. I'm also not sure about the relative fuel efficiency, because the high pressure coal boiler I have seens pretty fuel efficient once heated up, and I suspect that the railcraft boiler is not as efficient with the charcoal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so version 1.1.1 is up on the FTB launcher. Testing it right now and it seems like it is working. YAY!

Edit: Also the first start of the pack CAN and WILL take couple minutes. But only the first.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so version 1.1.1 is up on the FTB launcher. Testing it right now and it seems like it is working. YAY!
^^ You know what! Congratulations on getting this sorted out! :)
Edit: Also the first start of the pack CAN and WILL take couple minutes. But only the first.
^^ Lies! Lies and deception! I got it EVERY time. :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

woo, bravo sir :)
Anyone know the consumption rate of steam by the basic steam turbine when power is being used? I'm wondering if adding a railcraft 2HP boiler would be enough to supply it for continuous use. I'm also not sure about the relative fuel efficiency, because the high pressure coal boiler I have seens pretty fuel efficient once heated up, and I suspect that the railcraft boiler is not as efficient with the charcoal.

@MajPayne21, wish I had an answer for your question. I think you'll need to try it in a testing world to find out.

Note that you compared against the high pressure coal boiler. I believe the "small" coal boiler is more efficient than the high pressure variant, so you'd be better off just building multiple small ones.

If you create a tank to hold your steam, you can try dumping a stack of coal into both setups and watch how much steam is created in each one.

You might be able to take this a step further and calculate how much steam you lose by cooking a stack of 64somethings.

(btw I have no idea why greg made the high-pressure machines less efficient, it simply encourages to ignore them and spam smaller ones instead)

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
(btw I have no idea why greg made the high-pressure machines less efficient, it simply encourages to ignore them and spam smaller ones instead)

^^ Should it not work like the railcraft machines? Longer time to build up to full steam, but better to keep the big ones running once it peaks to full?

r3ckl3ss

Jul 29, 2019
Server issue? or just me?

Code:
We appear to be missing one or more essential library files.
You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:270)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:25)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Server issue? or just me?

Code:
We appear to be missing one or more essential library files.
You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:270)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:25)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)

Hmm... Looks like library problems in the server. Extract this folder in your server directory (confirm overwrites): https://www.dropbox.com/s/75dfivsllc3cc79/libraries.zip?dl=0

Shady3

Jul 29, 2019
@Tyriael_Soban Factorisation and EXBL are two unlucky mods, IMO. They seem to be the first two that get ditched. So, no robotic arm for you! Also, AlgoX2 fixed that "glitch" after oh-im-so-clever-I-outsmart-myself-to-stupidity-direwolf20 cackled about it on TV!

Thanks for the warning... I am also of the same type... Every time I see a ravine, I set up a second FOB nearby! With a mineshaft and a lot of ores, it'll be a week of entertainment at least. I'll stay clear this time, then?

@Pyure, TFC's TerraFirmaCraft

Memo to self: Tin is going to be a pain!

I just used thaumcraft to transmute a load of tin 1 glass and 2 random nuggets turns into 2 extra tin nuggets

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
^^ Should it not work like the railcraft machines? Longer time to build up to full steam, but better to keep the big ones running once it peaks to full?

Railcraft boilers havnt really changed since 1.4.x have they?
If not then the difference is, LP boilers are good for short runs and solid fuel - whilst HP boilers usually worked better with diesel and biofuel (ethanol) and generated twice the steam, but they also burnt fuel slightly faster iirc.
So, assuming Greg did the same idea - the HP boiler burns fuel faster, but probably puts out alot more "oomph" in the form of steam.

Its funny. Before the new OreGen I was never interested in ravines, and now I am :)

Vanilla ores in ravines were like a kid in a candy store for tin, copper and iron - so the basis of all your machines, with regards to ravines that ive found thus far in my world are full of things that i need high-tier machines to process, like Amaldine ... ive found more iron in magnetite deposits than anywhere else. -_-

Edit: i forgot to add, once a boiler got up to full temp - its fuel costs dramatically lowered.

Last edited: