[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is the KAMI stuff currently unresearchable or do we simply need all other researches? I cant research the D.O.B catalys thing, it says missing required research...
You need all other researches, although people have been reporting issues even despite that so it's being looked into. For the D-O-B catalyst you need both the prereqs which have scanning based prereqs, make sure you've scanned all the shards, naquadah, uranium, coal, lignite, redstone, and carbon. Dust forms too for the non shards.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I also noticed im missing the "Revelations in the Outer Lands". How exactly does one get that one?

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Ive scanned all the items you mentioned and all items used to make a fuel catalyst, it still didnt unlock. I also scanned the other catalysts...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ive scanned all the items you mentioned and all items used to make a fuel catalyst, it still didnt unlock. I also scanned the other catalysts...
Relevant code for the fuel catalyst is at here. Sure you've scanned both dust and gem/ingot forms of coal, lignite, naquadah, and U238? And carbon/redstone dust? Because if you have and it isn't unlocking something weird is going on.

P

Pyromancer56

Currently /iskamiunlocked doesn't work, it's checking the normal requirements and not our modified ones. I've tracked down a fix that appears to let it work with the modified requirements and that should appear in the next update. Likely sooner than normal as there's been issues unlocking it more widely spread (also a recipe was broken), Advanced Naquadah Transmutation is possible to research though, just tricky.
I wasn't trying to say it was impossible, just having a bit of difficulty. Was hard to be motivated to do it before the update since the transmute is useless to me with all of the naquadah we have.

Any idea what the issue with the absorber is or am I missing something?

P

Pyromancer56

Relevant code for the fuel catalyst is at here. Sure you've scanned both dust and gem/ingot forms of coal, lignite, naquadah, and U238? And carbon/redstone dust? Because if you have and it isn't unlocking something weird is going on.
The way I unlocked the 2 catalysts for the egg was to use knowledge fragments to get the papers for research.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the hint, i scanned all the stuff mentioned in the code but still didnt unlock. I simply used knowledge fragments...

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently doing a LP for this pack if anyone is interested. Tomorrow I will be releasing episode 10 :) But if you want to check it out, here is a link to the first episode. Also if you have any questions feel free to let me know and I will do what I can to help you out.

i dont really talk on youtube. so im gona comment here for your letsplay. the steam tank you have auto outputs if you have the valve on the bottom.

also if you have any question about the other pack terrafirmapunk feel free to ask i can answer most. i was huge on tfc so this gregtech ore gen is nothing in comparison. since tfc ores are waaaaay more spread apart and specific to rocks and stuff... so i dont know why people cry about gregtech ores XD. they should cry about tfc ore gen.

also for portable liquids use ender io pressure tanks? idr the name sorry but you can use them to auto input and output from there sides also they can be picked up with 0 loss to liquids in them with a pick. steel is way faster through magic. all you need is candle berries (ordo) one per candle berry, one ordo to make a steel nugget (requires wrought iron), and netherrack. (ignis) i say netherrack cause of turning iron nuggets into wrought iron to make the steel from.

Last edited:

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, and all:

Just thought I'd drop you a quick note to let you know I'm dropping this modpack from my regular modpacks I'm playing, for the time being.

The reason is because there is too much early manual work involved in getting ore. The quest system was nice but it doesn't really substitute for a proper quarrying option for those who don't like to wear out mouse buttons finding GregTech ores. If Jason decides to make a decent early-game mining option available, I would advise he PM me with a message, otherwise just forget it. This pack is way too resource intensive for a single-player experience.

I sincerely hope Infitech does well in the modpack popularity ratings, it looks like a great pack for those willing to get together and have at it. It's just not what I imagined a single-player experience to be.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

do not take this the wrong way. i feel minecraft in general should be and always be played as multiplayer. i understand some people play single-player for other reasons, lets plays as an example. but even one of my favorite people to do lets plays direwolf20, does server lets plays. my main issue with your statement is the ore and mining. I DO NOT feel that it is needed for an EASIER way to get ores early on. THE QUEST rewards gave me 6 stacks of tin, 7 stacks of copper and 13 stacks of iron just from the loot bags. not including my partners getting their loot bags. sure they are not rare or needed ores for middle to late game, but its not like i had to wait to get steam or anything. if you would like an example as to maybe why i feel this is way too easy for a single-player, i only have one word. Terrafirmacraft. great mod. but the ore gen and ore processing is insane. if you have played that mod you would understand this isnt so bad. just a thought. I hope maybe someday you would see it as a challenge and use what you have to make it a great pack instead of going back to your old ways from other packs.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
do not take this the wrong way. i feel minecraft in general should be and always be played as multiplayer. i understand some people play single-player for other reasons, lets plays as an example. but even one of my favorite people to do lets plays direwolf20, does server lets plays. my main issue with your statement is the ore and mining. I DO NOT feel that it is needed for an EASIER way to get ores early on. THE QUEST rewards gave me 6 stacks of tin, 7 stacks of copper and 13 stacks of iron just from the loot bags. not including my partners getting their loot bags. sure they are not rare or needed ores for middle to late game, but its not like i had to wait to get steam or anything. if you would like an example as to maybe why i feel this is way too easy for a single-player, i only have one word. Terrafirmacraft. great mod. but the ore gen and ore processing is insane. if you have played that mod you would understand this isnt so bad. just a thought. I hope maybe someday you would see it as a challenge and use what you have to make it a great pack instead of going back to your old ways from other packs.

Terrafirmacraft is of absolutely no interest to me, so your point has no relevance. FWIW, I've seen at least a few Let's Play of it, the same guy even abandoned a second series part way through it. It does not have any appeal to me, at all.

Your point on the quest rewards is exactly why I feel the way I do about Infitech: It cheapens the experience for me, it makes it too easy to get around the progression roadblocks. I therefore stand by my statement that ores should be somewhat easier to get for singleplayer. I really don't care if you have issues with that but you are free to state them, knock yourself out.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Terrafirmacraft is of absolutely no interest to me, so your point has no relevance. FWIW, I've seen at least a few Let's Play of it, the same guy even abandoned a second series part way through it. It does not have any appeal to me, at all.

Your point on the quest rewards is exactly why I feel the way I do about Infitech: It cheapens the experience for me, it makes it too easy to get around the progression roadblocks. I therefore stand by my statement that ores should be somewhat easier to get for singleplayer. I really don't care if you have issues with that but you are free to state them, knock yourself out.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

well lets get rid of quest rewards but make it even easier to get more material since we can process the large amount of ores we will be getting with the nerf you would like. makes sense to get more ores we can double instead of a few extra ingots for a reward for following the guide.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Yes, ok, bye.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Yes, ok, bye.

Before I leave this modpack, and mind you it's only for want of a break from having to grind away my time looking manually for ores, does anyone know how the whole IC2 crop breeding process works? The information I could find on it was sketchy at best, and I can't find much specific information as to what, if anything, Jason changed about it in this modpack. I also don't know if it requires an ore block underneath it to grow, or if it's a block you have to compress from ingots, or if it's some other type of block altogether. I feel as if I'm missing out on something, because most of the time whenever I went looking for information on it, I only found dead pages or nonexistent links, and very little actual information on it. Does anyone know of a reliable source that is relevant to the way it's implemented in this modpack?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Before I leave this modpack, and mind you it's only for want of a break from having to grind away my time looking manually for ores, does anyone know how the whole IC2 crop breeding process works? The information I could find on it was sketchy at best, and I can't find much specific information as to what, if anything, Jason changed about it in this modpack. I also don't know if it requires an ore block underneath it to grow, or if it's a block you have to compress from ingots, or if it's some other type of block altogether. I feel as if I'm missing out on something, because most of the time whenever I went looking for information on it, I only found dead pages or nonexistent links, and very little actual information on it. Does anyone know of a reliable source that is relevant to the way it's implemented in this modpack?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Nope. Sorry. All of the information I found on basic IC2 crop mechanics, such as this and this (which I found on Google), had nothing to do with this modpack. I certainly hope I can take what I've learned from those sources and apply it with a little bit of creativity. If not, then I might have to use the Search feature of this forum to see if the answers to my questions already lie within. If not, then I might have to ask specific questions here when I hit a roadblock. I'm sure I'll be fine though.

Good luck on your next game. :)

P

popka

Hi! I want to look at save from screenshots in the main menu! May I make it?
Sorry for my English:D

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Sorry. All of the information I found on basic IC2 crop mechanics, such as this and this (which I found on Google), had nothing to do with this modpack. I certainly hope I can take what I've learned from those sources and apply it with a little bit of creativity. If not, then I might have to use the Search feature of this forum to see if the answers to my questions already lie within. If not, then I might have to ask specific questions here when I hit a roadblock. I'm sure I'll be fine though.

Good luck on your next game. :)
Those guides are still relevant. Only thing that is big change is that all crops that produce metal/gem require metal or gem block underneath the soil to fully mature. And that is NOT our change.