[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Dlur100

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
On my way to fastest speed trait for my bees I ran into some beefy bees. Looks like you could make a pretty good beef/leather farm just using one beefy queen, some cacti, conveyor belts, and a vacuum chest.

MBPaV2c.jpg

Doing all my mutations the old-fashioned way instead of using a mutatron. Only using one industrial apiary for Cultivated bees, the rest in Forestry apiaries and alvearies. Trying to minimize Gendustry use outside of isolating and imprinting the traits I want.

This is getting out of hand, what have I done?

n7BUURN.jpg

Last edited:

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
What i recommend for a long term goal is building something magnificent. Best is to plan it that gigantic and perfect that you are not sure if you can ever finish it...

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Im not good with redstone circuits, so im asking here:
I saw a setup lots of pages ago, that controlled a nuclear reactor in a specific way. It turned it on when the buffer is empty and turned it off when the buffer is full. Sadly i dont understand enough abuot redstone circuits to build a somehow compact way to do this (e.g. with help from bluepower), the only way i know to do this would involve a piston. Could you show me a compact way to do this, or at least give me some words to google?

I want to set up a distillation tower for distilled water, but it should only run when the drum is almost empty, then only until its (almost) full.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Im not good with redstone circuits, so im asking here:
I saw a setup lots of pages ago, that controlled a nuclear reactor in a specific way. It turned it on when the buffer is empty and turned it off when the buffer is full. Sadly i dont understand enough abuot redstone circuits to build a somehow compact way to do this (e.g. with help from bluepower), the only way i know to do this would involve a piston. Could you show me a compact way to do this, or at least give me some words to google?

I want to set up a distillation tower for distilled water, but it should only run when the drum is almost empty, then only until its (almost) full.
Elthy, in short, you want to look into RS Latches.

A RS Latch is a Reset-Set Latch. When one side receives a pulse, it changes to one state. When the other side receives a pulse, it changes to another state. This is the only complicated circuit you should actually read up on. ProjectRed has documentation on it I believe if you can't find a BP equivalent.

Note that I'm talking about "pulses" rather than "signals". The difference is that when your buffers send out signals, you may need to transform those into pulses (rather than a constant signal) to make the RS Latch work. So, also look into Pulse Formers (iirc).

A great way to work on setting this up is to lay out your circuitry in a big room with lots of area to work with. Use a pair of buttons that will act as your incoming signals representing "Buffer now pretty low" and "Buffer now pretty full".

Basically what you want to have happen is: every time the left side of your RS latch receives a pulse from the "Help, buffer is low", you want the RS latch to emit a signal to your generators to start up. Conversely when the other side of your RS latch receives a "help the buffer is full" pulse you want your RS Latch to STOP emitting that signal so that your buffer has some time to empty.

The same logic here applies to liquids and such for your distillation tower setup.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Public server that is white-listed.

Seems legit.
I dont know where is problem with that.. There are two types of servers Public (can be whitelisted, graylisted or without whitelist, but anyone can join) and Private (that are always whitelisted and only for "special" and handpicked people).

Last edited:

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, the BP RS Latch is exactly what i need. Now i only have to figure out a way to filter my signal, that one side is only on when the signal strenght is 1 or lower and the other side is only on when the strenghts is 14 or higher...

Edit: The whitelist doesnt say anything about public/private, its more like having a bouncer. In my opinion the system is perfect, anyone who wants to join the server has to put a little effort in it, that greatly reduces the amount of griefers.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, the BP RS Latch is exactly what i need. Now i only have to figure out a way to filter my signal, that one side is only on when the signal strenght is 1 or lower and the other side is only on when the strenghts is 14 or higher...

Edit: The whitelist doesnt say anything about public/private, its more like having a bouncer. In my opinion the system is perfect, anyone who wants to join the server has to put a little effort in it, that greatly reduces the amount of griefers.
What I used with RS latch to monitor amount of stuff in the Drum was RS Latch + BC Iron OR Gate combo. Set the gate to emit Red Wire signal when the fluid is <25% and Blue Wire signal when its either >75% or Full. Run the Pipe wires on Structure pipes to the RSLatch place, where you have Iron gate on each side. Then set it to emit redstone signal when Red Wire is on, and on the second do the oposite.

LIttle shameless plug on one video (go to around 19m20s):

Edit: just make sure the "reading" gate is "touching" only the drum, and not for example conduits (like I was doing) or pipes, because it will read the amount of liquid in those as well, which you dont want.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Corporeal attractor, diamond spikes, and cursed earth make for an easy mob farm.

See if I can fill an Experience Obelisk. 2147483647 mB Liquid Exp according to WAILA.

Definitely need to turn off the death messages for special mobs next time I restart.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Corporeal attractor, diamond spikes, and cursed earth make for an easy mob farm.

See if I can fill an Experience Obelisk. 2147483647 mB Liquid Exp according to WAILA.

Definitely need to turn off the death messages for special mobs next time I restart.

I use a Siren's Call from Automagy to get my cursed earth mobs to willingly walk over the edge into my kill pit where I have ExU conveyor belts feeding into diamond spikes (all enchanted with max sharpness and looting btw) instead of the attractor. However, I'm thinking of changing it up a bit because the way I have it set up I end up with some exp orbs and even occasionally loot not getting sucked up by my vacuum hoppers. Too much exp orbs laying about can be taxing on the server some and FPS for sure.

I've never actually filled my Exp obelisk full yet. This is partly because I keep using EXP to soulbind enchant everything I own and partly because beneath the obelisk are piles of openblocks tanks that are also full of liquid exp. In fact the floor around my mob kill floor is liquid exp tanks. It's very bright green heh.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks tanks used to be nasty on FPS, did that get fixed? I didn't even think they were in this pack. :p

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
SimpleFluidTanks are a nice tank replacement, btw.
Also can I somehow disable showing all of the liquids inside Drums in NEI? I hate to have 9 pages of drums. :-/

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Guys can someone please write here some short decription about Heat vents and other important Nuclear Reactor components. Somewhat in short what they are used for and how they work?
Thanks