[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

V3R0S

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good method of energy production in MV Age, which isn't as laggy as Alumentum Production with TC?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Trust me my friends are not idiots when it comes to minecraft

It is just with 4-5ppl on the server they didn't really have any issues at all, at 20 people though block.flowing eats the server thread, (because of all the chunks loaded Minecraft's fluid handling for this isn't that great...)

And thanks jason I'll just have to setup a chron and turn that to false once a month, to fix the issue.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the processing array is great for processing combs. I've got the Thaumic shard bee shards from 4 thaumic shard bees feeding the bee processing stack so it's self sufficient. All combs into processing array, shards into chest buffers that feed the bee processing magic converters, tiny dust into an item filter that feeds into a packager,copper dust into arc furnace, naquadah dust round robin into a pair of centrifuges, enriched naquadah dust into a canning machine. The enruched naquadah cells are auto exported into my mk 3 reactor that supports my iv machine stacks. So nice to have everything fully self sufficient!
Similar except I'm skipping running my bee processing (and industrial apiaries) off TC shards, and just using energy absorbers. Once you have empowering bees, it's fairly trivial to get an energized node that will run multiple magical energy absorbers. Plus there's always dragon eggs from draconic bees. Less processing time spent.

I skipped the Mk3 naquadah reactor for now and am going with the Mk2 because I didn't want to make the cells or spend enriched naquadah on the rods for it. I'll make one eventually I suppose, but I'm pretty content to run most of my aE2 automation stuff off of EV machines (and some HV machines where speed doesn't matter) atm.

How many naquadah queens are you running to generate sufficient enriched naquadah?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Heya, guys. Want to say big thank you to packcreator. This pack is very nice to challenge my patience =)

But i have one problem with ExtraCells mod and one dupe bug to report. Firstly, I really wanna use ExtraCells, despite of dup bugs (i don't really want to use them and hope that i can use mod without unwanted duping). But when i've DLed mod and run minecraft, i saw that recipes. Easier and looking other than pack's AE2 recipes. I know, that you had this mod in your pack some time ago, but had to delete it. Is there EC recipe changes script for pack or I have to do it myself?

So, about dupe bug. It's about using stack of drums from Extra Utilities with RailCraft tanks. Just simple right-clicked stack of drums (N items) on railcraft tank (oil, or creosote, i've tested) generates another stack of drums (N items) each with 5000L of liquid. BUT initiate stack becomes just N-1 drums. So it's N-1 addition of drums and N*5000L of fluid. Really hope, that you will not delete EU mod from pack! =P

Sorry for my english, eh =)
https://github.com/Dream-Master/Mods-Get-Gregged (huge thanks to DreamMaster, from whom i pinched quite a few scripts). Search what works best for you :)

About the drum dupe... i noticed it few days ago... I am yet to find who is exactly responsible, if ExU... well until someone will pick up the ExU mod (if RWTema will give away the source) it will not be fixed.

Reactions: KpoxaPy

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Similar except I'm skipping running my bee processing (and industrial apiaries) off TC shards, and just using energy absorbers. Once you have empowering bees, it's fairly trivial to get an energized node that will run multiple magical energy absorbers. Plus there's always dragon eggs from draconic bees. Less processing time spent.

I skipped the Mk3 naquadah reactor for now and am going with the Mk2 because I didn't want to make the cells or spend enriched naquadah on the rods for it. I'll make one eventually I suppose, but I'm pretty content to run most of my aE2 automation stuff off of EV machines (and some HV machines where speed doesn't matter) atm.

How many naquadah queens are you running to generate sufficient enriched naquadah?

Heh, a LOT. Currently, I have 40 naquadah bees running full time.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Thats how you dont need fusion and breed some bees

Yeah, I'd have loved to have gotten into fusion--I haven't been able to, due to a broken recipe. Its still broken in my version (3.1.14) as I haven't updated the server, yet (also, I'm not entirely certain its fixed--I didn't see any posts about it getting resolved).

I think I still need fusion to get some of the advanced materials (neutronium, europium, americium or w/e its called). So, fusion is a necessity if I want to explore everything the modpack has to offer. I've been shy about updating to 3.1.16 due to the problems people have been reporting with forestry. I'll get to it one of these days. Updating the server is a nuisance, and I do it only when I see a need to.

Anyhow, I still don't see why you're so down on bees. They take a tremendous amount of work to get them to a useful stage. Without bees, it'd be a repeating cycle of vein hunting / setting up my ender quarry. I've done it in the past, obviously, but its the most irritating part of the game for me--I like the part of refining the ongoing processes in my base/creating new processes, without having to take excessive time to hunt for resources. Also, in a multiplayer server, bees just seems more neighbor-friendly. No competition for hard-to-find veins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dlur100

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
About the drum dupe... i noticed it few days ago... I am yet to find who is exactly responsible, if ExU... well until someone will pick up the ExU mod (if RWTema will give away the source) it will not be fixed.

I noticed the drum dupe ages back, but I haven't seen it since about 3.1.4. I don't know if it is actually gone, or if I've just not clicked on something with a drum since then... When I saw it, the issue was with drums and Coke Ovens, rather than the railcraft tanks. It didn't happen very consistently, so I don't know exactly what was causing it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really see the point in an ender quarry, at least for GT veins. Can clear one out with the advanced laser drill in about 10-15m.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the drum dupe ages back, but I haven't seen it since about 3.1.4. I don't know if it is actually gone, or if I've just not clicked on something with a drum since then... When I saw it, the issue was with drums and Coke Ovens, rather than the railcraft tanks. It didn't happen very consistently, so I don't know exactly what was causing it.
Pretty sure it is Railcraft. I read elsewere that every placeable fluid tank shows this beavior with the RC tanks.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really see the point in an ender quarry, at least for GT veins. Can clear one out with the advanced laser drill in about 10-15m.
I have my quarry set to mine out a 1km by 1km square area. This gets me several veins every hour without being there.

Before you get enough power, the advanced drill is by far the best, but when the quarry doesn't eat too much energy, having it mine overnight is the winner.

If you're short on a single resource, then going manually mining for that one thing is still going to be the best, but for general resource acquisition, the quarry left to its own devices is what you want.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, a LOT. Currently, I have 40 naquadah bees running full time.
I just realized that for the purposes of automation the Mk3 naquadah reactor is superior as you can just can the enriched dust and can it instead of having to EBF-freeze->extrude it. Hmm. The only issue is that I can't make a LuV battery without fusion (Europium) so I'd have to use a transformer into an IV battery bank to make good use of this.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that for the purposes of automation the Mk3 naquadah reactor is superior as you can just can the enriched dust and can it instead of having to EBF-freeze->extrude it. Hmm. The only issue is that I can't make a LuV battery without fusion (Europium) so I'd have to use a transformer into an IV battery bank to make good use of this.

Im running my mk 3 LuV power through an IV transformer and storing it in an IV battery buffer before pushing it to my machines. All the GT machines (with the exception of the teleporter, which is LuV) I use are IV, anyhow. I actually don't see any LuV GT machinery I can use in the NEI (no LuV versions of the centrifuge, macerater, etc.).

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If you're short on a single resource, then going manually mining for that one thing is still going to be the best, but for general resource acquisition, the quarry left to its own devices is what you want.

That's just it, I don't see any point in general resource acquisition. It just means you have to spend time/energy acquiring, processing, and storing stuff you may not need any time soon, or ever.

I try really hard not to mine anything I'm not going to process and use near term. I'd rather it sit in the ground until I need it instead of in my base taking up storage. When I do get around to needing it I'll probably have that much better of a processing/storage system.

Short of yellorium there just isn't much of anything in the ground I need that isn't in a GT ore vein. Even yellorium is kind of pointless now that I can get RF out of GT cable.

Last edited:

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Anyhow, I still don't see why you're so down on bees. They take a tremendous amount of work to get them to a useful stage. Without bees, it'd be a repeating cycle of vein hunting / setting up my ender quarry. I've done it in the past, obviously, but its the most irritating part of the game for me--I like the part of refining the ongoing processes in my base/creating new processes, without having to take excessive time to hunt for resources. Also, in a multiplayer server, bees just seems more neighbor-friendly. No competition for hard-to-find veins

With a modpack and mods based on tech and as-much-realistic-stuff-as-possible with some nice magic I just cant normally live with these bees which, by far, dont belong to this modpack. Gregtech forces active exploration compared to classical minecraft oregeneration, which is "get a quarry and just let clean till bedrock = get rich". GT forces trade, communication. All resources are valuable and critical to progression. Yeah, bees require quite an investment. Gendustry makes this investment a huge "dupe" and Magicall bees make it so you never need to get out of the base again. Yes, some like playing in their room closed, alone, etc, but I hate the idea to shut yourself on your base and do some quiet fapping. It crosses out higher tier of gregtech almost completely, where you produce your resources by making complex machinery, like scanner, replicator, UUM and stuff and invest TONS of energy per EACH single unit of item duplicated\replicated and these bees kinda do the same, but do that ALOT faster and TOTALLY for free. And dont say bees need energy, etc, because several items replicated have costs, well, many times spent on whole bee progression.

Maybe on SOME servers where hundreds of people play - bees are an OK variant, because everything is just about explored in several hundreds of kilometers diameter and person wont be able to find...nah, this too is no reason for those bees. The number of reasons in the list why these bees give a butthurt is too big. Even the simple reason that GT has that functionality, but require complex machinery and massive investments per each item and well bees give it many times faster and each time for free. Gregtech isnt competitive with bees in making resources too. Imo those bees are tatally counterproductive in the ways of gregtech and their magic is by far stronger then strongest of thaumcraft and even the Grandmasters of thaumcraft will cry after they learn how much more potent these bees are than their years om sorcery (sarcasm).

Last edited:
Reactions: DarknessShadow

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
With a modpack and mods based on tech and as-much-realistic-stuff-as-possible with some nice magic I just cant normally live with these bees which, by far, dont belong to this modpack. Gregtech forces active exploration compared to classical minecraft oregeneration, which is "get a quarry and just let clean till bedrock = get rich". GT forces trade, communication. All resources are valuable and critical to progression. Yeah, bees require quite an investment. Gendustry makes this investment a huge "dupe" and Magicall bees make it so you never need to get out of the base again. Yes, some like playing in their room closed, alone, etc, but I hate the idea to shut yourself on your base and do some quiet fapping. It crosses out higher tier of gregtech almost completely, where you produce your resources by making complex machinery, like scanner, replicator, UUM and stuff and invest TONS of energy per EACH single unit of item duplicated\replicated and these bees kinda do the same, but do that ALOT faster and TOTALLY for free. And dont say bees need energy, etc, because several items replicated have costs, well, many times spent on whole bee progression.

Maybe on SOME servers where hundreds of people play - bees are an OK variant, because everything is just about explored in several hundreds of kilometers diameter and person wont be able to find...nah, this too is no reason for those bees. The number of reasons in the list why these bees give a butthurt is too big. Even the simple reason that GT has that functionality, but require complex machinery and massive investments per each item and well bees give it many times faster and each time for free. Gregtech isnt competitive with bees in making resources too. Imo those bees are tatally counterproductive in the ways of gregtech and their magic is by far stronger then strongest of thaumcraft and even the Grandmasters of thaumcraft will cry after they learn how much more potent these bees are than their years om sorcery (sarcasm).
You kinda have a good point here because thats exactly the reason why we dont have something like compact solars (big investement cost but no running cost) but also don't forget that the ic2 crops can give you the basic materials without running costs and lots of them were added by greg.

I think the bees should only give you the "basic" material (similar to ic2 crops) and not the most advanced material like naquadah.
For example:
You can get naquadah from fusion reactor with thorium + plutonium

1) basic material is thorium -> thorium bee

2) plutonium: You get it from running a nuclear reactor (or from fusion reactor helium + uran)

(helium: from endstone)

basic material is uran (+ endstone) -> uran bee (+ endstone bee)

and with basic material I mean something you can get directly out of ores

Blood-Asp said:
Also, while Naquadah is extremely powerfull, it is meant to be limited. Bigger End with HEE, GalacticGreg Asteroids and Naquadah bees might have thrown of the balance, so i will try to think of a way to rebalance.

Without that other mods, naquadah is limited to one vein max on a whole server and it becomes extremely valuable. Burning it in a generator becomes something you dont want to do in that case.

Last edited:

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
That's just it, I don't see any point in general resource acquisition. It just means you have to spend time/energy acquiring, processing, and storing stuff you may not need any time soon, or ever.

I try really hard not to mine anything I'm not going to process and use near term. I'd rather it sit in the ground until I need it instead of in my base taking up storage. When I do get around to needing it I'll probably have that much better of a processing/storage system.

Short of yellorium there just isn't much of anything in the ground I need that isn't in a GT ore vein. Even yellorium is kind of pointless now that I can get RF out of GT cable.

Well that's just the thing. I now have automated ore processing and massive AE storage. With this the quarry has faster speed than the drill, because the drill will get it in 15 minutes, but the quarry got it yesterday.

Just like the early game you have a different dynamic in the LV era when you manually craft everything, and cable energy loss is terrible, in the EV era I have progressed to the point where manual mining for bulk resources is no longer the primary focus. I still manually mine in the end, as it makes sense with the ore distribution there.

You say there is no point in the quarry, but I'm trying to show you that this is a property of the era you're in. Once you are no longer limited by power or storage, a quarry looks quite attractive.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Bees: Getting just basic mats from bees is not bad idea, b ut if it will be done it needs to be done carefully, because some "basic" bees are dependant on some "nonbasic" bees.
Naquadah: Naq ore in the pack only spawns in Asteroid dimension (Galacticraft). In the End there are just small Naq ores and only in small amounts (more than Small Diamond but less than Iridium - similiar to small Lapis). Of course this is true mostly for new worlds. The worlds generated before this change will have it in End

Last edited:
Reactions: DarknessShadow