[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There is certainly quite a lot of missing informations. In case of glass blottels, the fluid extractor for glass might need MV, BUT you can simply use a STEAM Alloy Smelter(or Basic Alloy Smelter @ 4EU/t). Just look at all NEI recipes.
I thought of that but the kids specifically want molten glass here.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I should read the text to the end... Well, the EU/t in the recipes is calculated by the melting points of materials, so to make that work, i have to lower that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I should read the text to the end... Well, the EU/t in the recipes is calculated by the melting points of materials, so to make that work, i have to lower that.
That doesn't seem to jive with the low smelting point when making bottles. (You can maybe make an argument that you're not fully melting the glass to make a bottle, but i dunno if I buy that).

From 40-32 isn't a big leap. Do you think it makes sense to lower it given the low smelting point?

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
I tested these last week and they worked fine. Also I assume you mean RC Boiler (not RF Boiler)

You are correct, I was forgot that I needed to activate the commercial steam engines with a redstone signal...

Just look at all NEI recipes.

Like I pointed out when you look up molten glass you get to drums and a bucket of molten glass. When you look at the recipe for the bucket of molten glass you get liquid glass in a fluid canning machine. Now here is where it gets confusing, when you click upon liquid glass it says you need a bucket of molten glass in a fluid canning machine and then you just shot down NEI and cry in the corner. The only reason I even found out that I could make it in the fuild extractor is because I drilled down to find it in the tin electron tube recipe.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to turn this into a big deal. I just found it odd and it forced me to look into magical options to accomplish my current plans. Hell it might even be more efficient because I wouldn't have to power a forestry auto farm, instead just make some golems and make them do it for me.

Also I really like the fact that I could connect a GT steam turbine to the RC boiler, run GT copper wire to an Ender IO energy capacitor and then pipe that energy into Forestry machines using GT wire. That power intergration seemed to work out well, nice work on that guys!

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't seem to jive with the low smelting point when making bottles. (You can maybe make an argument that you're not fully melting the glass to make a bottle, but i dunno if I buy that).

From 40-32 isn't a big leap. Do you think it makes sense to lower it given the low smelting point?
Hmm, the melting point is allready so low(800K = 500°C), i actually prefer to even rise it. But i could add a special recipe that is more complex but works at LV so stuff can at last be made somehow.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hell it might even be more efficient because I wouldn't have to power a forestry auto farm, instead just make some golems and make them do it for me.
I already pointed this out; the TC version is vastly, vastly more energy efficient.

Hmm, the melting point is allready so low(800K = 500°C), i actually prefer to even rise it. But i could add a special recipe that is more complex but works at LV so stuff can at last be made somehow.
Alternately we could always make a janky alloy smelter script, with 1 cell + 1 glass dust = 1 cell of molten glass.

This might make more sense if its understood that the alloy smelter already reaches higher temperature than the liquid extractor.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
About the glass... Melting point of glass is mostly approx 1400-1600°C (in RL) so its not really that easy to melt glass. Of course in "old" ages, there were glassworkers, but they had HUGE furnaces producing shit ton of heat, but even then, it wasnt easy task.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
May i ask, why ProjectZulu was removed in v3? Kinda liked it, added that Lifeness, which MC lacks in my opinion.
PZ is nice mod, but the grave system was causing few issues, some exploits were around, and lastly I went the way called "Performance" so also players with not so beefy computers can play without too much issues (was able to run the pack with 20ish FPS at work with just 1gig of RAM, crappy Graphics)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Well....a giant explosion just destroyed about 75% of my Gregtech machines. The thing is, it was an interface problem. When you place one machine, another one is automatically pushed into the same slot if you have one in your inventory. Thus, instead of interacting with the newly-placed machine as I intended, I placed another one, and that happened to be a LV machine. Is there a way to turn this behavior off?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Well....a giant explosion just destroyed about 75% of my Gregtech machines. The thing is, it was an interface problem. When you place one machine, another one is automatically pushed into the same slot if you have one in your inventory. Thus, instead of interacting with the newly-placed machine as I intended, I placed another one, and that happened to be a LV machine. Is there a way to turn this behavior off?
GT machines are taking few seconds to be accesiible, before that they act as a solid block. So when you clicked it, it acted like as you placed another machine next to the stone. Why? @Blood Asp might answer that.

There is a solution to prevent machines popping into your hand when you place them. Actually there are two.
1) You can disable Auto-refill feature of Inventory tweaks
2) Add ALL GT machines into InventoryTweaksTree config file. And by ALL, I mean all... This: https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/commit/1ce12cc157848b272f8e2492c570ca9d737258e5 is just for tools, where they get replaced by either same GT tool, or nothing. its basically 1 line per item. Good luck and have fun writing it, because I will certainly not do that :)

There is 3rd "cheaty" solution and that is to disable explosions in the configs

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I've just been on a mining trip in the end, finally got some decent tin and found nickel but sadly no naquadah veins found. My question though is there a use for palladium? Because I now have a ton of the ores from mining up a good chunk of a platinum vein but I can't see any uses for it in NEI.

Edit: Another question, I get that transforming down causes the transformer to emit 4 amps at a quarter of the voltage but when transforming up what happens? I feel like it just emits 1 amp at 4 times the voltage every four ticks but I feel like double checking that's right. Also machines can only overload from extra voltage right? They just won't accept any excess amps?

Last edited:

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
For the molten glass issue I like the workaround of glass dust and a cell in the alloy smelter. That seems reasonable. The tricky part would be getting it to use that recipe before the one that will melt your cell down into tin.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Actually thinking about my previous palladium question, is there some kind of list somewhere that says what all the materials are good for? Something that says like horde your manganese and chrome as they're good later but don't bother caring about any beryllium as it's just next to useless or something like that? Because that could be pretty handy with the vast array of materials.

Also is there really no way of getting osmium except for the 0.21 osmium per iridium ore we can get via the centrifuge and pulverizer?

On a different note poking around the configs and what's with the DOB bee? It seems to be some super secret bee but it looks unobtainable, is it meant to be a test bee or something that can't be obtained?