[1.7.10] Let it End

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Just started this today and was really enjoying it. It's funny to me because of the self-referential exasperation of the grinding, plus the tongue-in-cheek way it's tweaked (birch wood into lava?!) which makes fun of some games' inexplicable "and now, do this thing despite it not making any sense at all."

I say 'was' enjoying it because twice now I've died...And had to start from scratch. When I die from falling (only way I've died so far!) and respawn, no matter how many lives I have, I respawn down in the void and am immediately killed. Lather, rinse, repeat. It doesn't respawn me at the initial spawn point on the island under the glass, just down in the depths.

That...Makes things a bit rough. Thoughts? No, I haven't built a bed. I assumed that without a bed I'd respawn at the initial spawn-in location...That is what usually happens in minecraft, yes?
That's my bad. I will fix that, I think I forgot to export the perfect spawn file :/

Shunka Warakin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably doing something wrong, but...Quartz grindstone? I've put everything in the crafting table and it won't give me the thing. ...Unless...Unless...Is all the wild flashy stone business not just a 'I am rotating through options' but a 'You actually have to combine a magenta stone, a puce stone, a chartreuse stone, a lilac stone, a violet stone, and 1 certus quartz, 1 charged certus quartz, and 1 nether quartz to make this work.'???

If so...*flail*

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably doing something wrong, but...Quartz grindstone? I've put everything in the crafting table and it won't give me the thing. ...Unless...Unless...Is all the wild flashy stone business not just a 'I am rotating through options' but a 'You actually have to combine a magenta stone, a puce stone, a chartreuse stone, a lilac stone, a violet stone, and 1 certus quartz, 1 charged certus quartz, and 1 nether quartz to make this work.'???

If so...*flail*
No, you shouldn't need the different stones... are you using both stones and cobblestone (I don't use the grindstone ever, so I can't remember the recipe)
If you have all the material (using those in the ore dict) it will craft (either in an ME terminal, vanilla crafting table, or a ticon crafting station that isn't connected to an inventory.

And why would you use a grindstone, just curious? By the time you have ores you would want to automate it, no?

Shunka Warakin

Jul 29, 2019
No, you shouldn't need the different stones... are you using both stones and cobblestone (I don't use the grindstone ever, so I can't remember the recipe)
If you have all the material (using those in the ore dict) it will craft (either in an ME terminal, vanilla crafting table, or a ticon crafting station that isn't connected to an inventory.

And why would you use a grindstone, just curious? By the time you have ores you would want to automate it, no?

You hit the nail on the head, I was using all stone due to having trouble recognizing the pattern.

Trying to make silver to make electrum, need dust. Don't have what it takes to be automating things quite yet...On the verge, though. Unless there's some easy way I'm not aware of.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You hit the nail on the head, I was using all stone due to having trouble recognizing the pattern.

Trying to make silver to make electrum, need dust. Don't have what it takes to be automating things quite yet...On the verge, though. Unless there's some easy way I'm not aware of.
Smeltery ;) You can combine silver and gold in the smeltery...
if you made silver ore gravel... *facepalm* look at the recipe for silver ingot (Thermal Foundation)

Shunka Warakin

Jul 29, 2019
Smeltery ;) You can combine silver and gold in the smeltery...
if you made silver ore gravel... *facepalm* look at the recipe for silver ingot (Thermal Foundation)

Er, no...I made 8 pulverized aluminum ore to put around a lead ingot to make a silver ingot to put into the smeltery with some goldberries to make electrum. Is that not what was intended? It worked...

And I'm laughing merrily at the next quest, because the moment I had a lava bucket and a water bucket I set up a terrifyingly fast cobblegenerator...I could probably gen that much cobble manually before I could assemble an igneous extruder.

(But I'll make the igneous extruder. I just thought it was funny that I could probably cough up the cobble faster.)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Er, no...I made 8 pulverized aluminum ore to put around a lead ingot to make a silver ingot to put into the smeltery with some goldberries to make electrum. Is that not what was intended? It worked...

And I'm laughing merrily at the next quest, because the moment I had a lava bucket and a water bucket I set up a terrifyingly fast cobblegenerator...I could probably gen that much cobble manually before I could assemble an igneous extruder.

(But I'll make the igneous extruder. I just thought it was funny that I could probably cough up the cobble faster.)
Pardon my confusion... but WHAT!?!? o_O

Shunka Warakin

Jul 29, 2019
I assume the confusion is about the cobble-generator, not the lead+aluminum-dust = silver.

It's a water-lava cobblegenerator using split streams, so 1 source block of each type divides into 2 flows, effectively turning it into 2 generators at once, which all come together right in front of you, so you've got 2 faces of cobble at 90' to each other...And really the only limit is 'how fast is your mining pick?' You swing your pick right where the two blocks come together and maybe jiggle it side to side a pixel or two. Takes about a minute to put out a stack using a bone TiCon pick. I kicked out a few stacks of cobble before this just to put together a nice oreberry bush cellar and turn the top of the Fry Queen into a cobble-clad spawner, then a couple more just to see what I could get by running one stack each of gravel, sand and dust through the sieve (quite a lot of certus quartz).

Couple of screencaps in case you haven't seen the design before. I had to spam F2 to manage to get a shot with both faces of the lava exposed.
tumblr_nm1o0fCF8S1r9tnh2o1_1280.png

tumblr_nm1o0fCF8S1r9tnh2o2_1280.png

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I assume the confusion is about the cobble-generator, not the lead+aluminum-dust = silver.

It's a water-lava cobblegenerator using split streams, so 1 source block of each type divides into 2 flows, effectively turning it into 2 generators at once, which all come together right in front of you, so you've got 2 faces of cobble at 90' to each other...And really the only limit is 'how fast is your mining pick?' Takes about a minute to put out a stack using a bone TiCon pick. I kicked out a few stacks of cobble before this just to put together a nice oreberry bush cellar and turn the top of the Fry Queen into a cobble-clad spawner, then a couple more just to see what I could get by running one stack each of gravel, sand and dust through the sieve (quite a lot of certus quartz).

Couple of screencaps in case you haven't seen the design before. I had to spam F2 to manage to get a shot with both faces of the lava exposed.
tumblr_nm1o0fCF8S1r9tnh2o1_1280.png

tumblr_nm1o0fCF8S1r9tnh2o2_1280.png
Vanilla mechanics? Ew, no. SHUN! SHUN!
Oh but trust me, if I had remembered to add a recipe for a certain Cobblestone Generator block in JordsUtils, well, cobble would no longer be an issue ever ;)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just as a side note for anyone who missed it/wants to know which quest line I personally prefer @The Mobius Archives uploaded his daily Monday does of depression trying to fix his mental state of mind.
I'm glad to see someone chose this path, as it is the longer, and more thought out of the two paths, but I am also sad because I know soon Mobius will be done :(

And look at that, 50 episodes. Hot damn!

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
And to think I've been kicking at this since the pack's alpha days.
That's what happens when you play the game and don't just rush the quests ;)
But seriously, you don't get how much I enjoy watching people play this. I get so many evil ideas, and also see bugs which people miss. But it's also nice to know people like it, as it really boosts that self-esteem ;)
For example, watching you, and all the other alpha testers, play the pack motivated me to make more quest lines, and watching you and yuseie in particular gave me the idea of the split ending, as your play styles were so dissimilar, it made me think the character may actually survive.

FraniXMC

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any block that collects items such as vacuum hopper?
I'm building a mob spawn (15x15x3) with curse earth for the blood altar and need something to collect the mobs loot when activating the Well of Suffering ritual.
I've tried using a transfer node up in the middle with a world interaction upgrade but can not pick up items that are far.

Help please.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any block that collects items such as vacuum hopper?
I'm building a mob spawn (15x15x3) with curse earth for the blood altar and need something to collect the mobs loot when activating the Well of Suffering ritual.
I've tried using a transfer node up in the middle with a world interaction upgrade but can not pick up items that are far.

Help please.
There is a vacuum hopper :) But if that aint your thang, then you could grab yourself a cheat sheet, make a corporial attractor, and put hoppers below where the mobs die... or use fans to blow the mobs over hoppers

FraniXMC

Jul 29, 2019
There is a vacuum hopper :) But if that aint your thang, then you could grab yourself a cheat sheet, make a corporial attractor, and put hoppers below where the mobs die... or use fans to blow the mobs over hoppers
Thanks for the reply, I will use a fan to drag the items to the center of spawn.
Thus the transfer node were to collect.