[1.7.10] Let it End

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Little question again:
Are the different recipes for pulverizer/redstone furance supposed to give a machine according to the machine-frame you use?
(e.g. hardened machine frame -> hardened pulverizer)

If yes, not sure if it's a similar problem like with the changed recipes for what the TE machiens can do, but no matter which machine-frame you use, you seem to always get the "basic" out of it.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Phew... the seed-quest is through, wheat and bread is pretty easy after that.
Big problem will still be the bedrockium you need x.x It takes forever to get this octuple-compressed-cobblestone. (yes I want to make 9 of the 10 bedrockium you need with this!)

Still wondering if going to the deep dark would be worth it... but it kinda feels too oldfashioned with getting ressources this way, hmpf.

[edit]
*sigh* I so wish I would understand all these programming-mods like steve's factory manager.
Basic stuff is okay, but as soon as it comes to variables and for-each-loops and such stuff I don't understand anything :[
Not to speak of, that I don't understand why in 6 pretty much exactly identical programs 2 suddenly don't behave (one doesn't connect to the output-chest, the other ignores the input-chest)
Just the block gate switches, everything else is exactly the same program, looked through it for mistakes about 4 times. x.x

I understand why I usually stand at the dirt and do pneumaticcraft-plants manually... even though I hoped for automating rainplants to get more lapis :[

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.1 is out? Anything new?
Well yes, of course:
Updated JordsUtils, so it is re-enabled by default :)
Updated Mekanism
Updated Ex Nihilo
Updated Modtweaker
Updated Botania
Updated COFH core - and all mods that depend on it (Thermal Expansion, Minefactory Reloaded, Thermal Foundation)

Changed how the "bedrock door" gets opened
Added new area to the nether (it's not really worth starting a new map for, unless you REALLY need ghast tears - but you can just move the nether from the new map to yours)

What did I forget to do?
Make blood magic less grindy like I said I would >_<
I just thought of this when I got to writing this *after uploading the update...

So yeah that should be out on the launcher anytime now :)
What's the goal of this update? Get a god sword ;)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, finally my ore-processing is running and dust-sieving too :D
Thanks for the update. ^^

Now I only need to wait for my chickes to lay enough eggs for the cake-quest and for the bedrockium... which still takes forever with with 4 transfernodes with 64 world interaction upgrades feeding the production-line x.x
(Guess I have to start a second line one day... if the one didn't almost eat up all my lapis, hehe)

Luckily I finally figured out what I have to do with the factory-manager to mass-produce rainplant-seeds... hope their growth rate is a bit faster with the bloodmagic-ritual then with wheat. xD

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, finally my ore-processing is running and dust-sieving too :D
Thanks for the update. ^^

Now I only need to wait for my chickes to lay enough eggs for the cake-quest and for the bedrockium... which still takes forever with with 4 transfernodes with 64 world interaction upgrades feeding the production-line x.x
(Guess I have to start a second line one day... if the one didn't almost eat up all my lapis, hehe)

Luckily I finally figured out what I have to do with the factory-manager to mass-produce rainplant-seeds... hope their growth rate is a bit faster with the bloodmagic-ritual then with wheat. xD
Don't forget to make an extra cake, and break it with a diamond sword (you won't regret it)

Speaking of Blood Magic, how do you want to "balance" the less grindyness... 4 buckets of life+5 stone=5 slates (1k discount, but crafting) or regen-armour from JordsUtils? (it gives regen 3 when worn)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm, I would actually say go for the first solution, the little discount on slates.
While I surely wouldn't have anything against having regen 3, I think it would make other things very easy, too. Like later fights with the wither or the nether in general. (not that the nether is that dangerous, once you know what too look for before going there, but still regen 3 would make it super easy)

[edit]
Irks... took me 3 tries of not understanding, why the rainplants wouldn't grow, till I found out, they have to see the sky aboth them to grow. Finally my lapis-farm began to work :D

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm, I would actually say go for the first solution, the little discount on slates.
While I surely wouldn't have anything against having regen 3, I think it would make other things very easy, too. Like later fights with the wither or the nether in general. (not that the nether is that dangerous, once you know what too look for before going there, but still regen 3 would make it super easy)

[edit]
Irks... took me 3 tries of not understanding, why the rainplants wouldn't grow, till I found out, they have to see the sky aboth them to grow. Finally my lapis-farm began to work :D
I don't know why you would go for a lapis farm...
Diamond tree farms are much better, either that or redstone farms (both of which make the shiny blue things... I assume you are getting lapis for diamonds)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why you would go for a lapis farm...
Diamond tree farms are much better, either that or redstone farms (both of which make the shiny blue things... I assume you are getting lapis for diamonds)

Yep it's for diamonds.
Well with the diamond-trees my problem is, that I play to be effective with this... which would mean I would need to go alot into thaumcraft (since it needs 8 logs for 1 diamonds instead of 40, if the NEI is right about the amount).
Redstone I didn't figure out yet how to make diamonds from... not that I have a big problem with redstone since you can craft them with gunpowder. ^^
So well... lapis for diamonds looks not that bad, especially with getting hundreds of rainplant-seeds (which converts 1:1 into lapis) in a few hours. (I started with about 100 when I set it up, now I was around 450).

Well, for now it works, not need 'that' many diamonds yet. And if I want to change to the trees, I have a good foundation now with the lapis-farm :)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
it's in NEI, if i remember correctly it must be 16 RS blocks in a pressure chamber. you should look at that though.

That would explain, why I didn't figure it out yet. Always only looked for redstone-dust, not the blocks xD
Thank you for the hint.

[edit]
You had the numbers right. So I stay for now with lapis, 9 Lapis und 2 Coal sounds better than 144 Redstone for a diamond :p

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
That would explain, why I didn't figure it out yet. Always only looked for redstone-dust, not the blocks xD
Thank you for the hint.

[edit]
You had the numbers right. So I stay for now with lapis, 9 Lapis und 2 Coal sounds better than 144 Redstone for a diamond :p
I find it easier to automate bloodwood trees than pneumaticcraft seeds ;)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I find it easier to automate bloodwood trees than pneumaticcraft seeds ;)

Agreed, takes quiet some testing with steve's factory manager (and looking through videos when you don't undestand it too well, like me *coughs*), but then it works nice. ^^

A little question about "how it's meant to be played":
- Is going to the deep dark and starting "normal" mining (so with quarry and all) meant to be, or rather a "Only when you have no other choice, else try other ways"?
Or is this Deltarian (if I remember the name correctly) the way to go?

So diamonds/emeralds are not really an issue for me, it's iron that makes me break my head. ^^"

---

[edit]

Is the charging through the blood-altar of the uncharged netherstar disabled?
I just tried it and it seems like it doesn't work.

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How I can get ferrous and shiny ingot?
Sieve end stone and gravel to get shiny ore thingies (4 make one ore)
Ferrous? I assume you mean for Invar? Look at the uses of your oreberries in the pulverizer, I believe it is the iron ones, that give Invar dust as a secondary output.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, takes quiet some testing with steve's factory manager (and looking through videos when you don't undestand it too well, like me *coughs*), but then it works nice. ^^

A little question about "how it's meant to be played":
- Is going to the deep dark and starting "normal" mining (so with quarry and all) meant to be, or rather a "Only when you have no other choice, else try other ways"?
Or is this Deltarian (if I remember the name correctly) the way to go?

So diamonds/emeralds are not really an issue for me, it's iron that makes me break my head. ^^"

---

[edit]

Is the charging through the blood-altar of the uncharged netherstar disabled?
I just tried it and it seems like it doesn't work.
If you can afford to go to either of them, then do just that. There's no reason not to, but there's no reason to either, apart from uberium (spawns only in the deltarian)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
If you can afford to go to either of them, then do just that. There's no reason not to, but there's no reason to either, apart from uberium (spawns only in the deltarian)

Alright, thanks for answering my weird question :]
And well I guess I will try to go for Deltarian, the deep dark I know already. And with the bedrock-room there is a nice arena to fight withers.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, thanks for answering my weird question :]
And well I guess I will try to go for Deltarian, the deep dark I know already. And with the bedrock-room there is a nice arena to fight withers.
XD didn't think of it like that >_<

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
XD didn't think of it like that >_<

Well if you not want it as wither-fighting-area: Destroy the 2 pillars of bedrock where you can hide behind from the wither. (the area where the pure daisies, dayblooms and nightshades are)
Having them to hide behind and the wither then flying/getting blocked by the wall while trying to get you is just too nice xD

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you not want it as wither-fighting-area: Destroy the 2 pillars of bedrock where you can hide behind from the wither. (the area where the pure daisies, dayblooms and nightshades are)
Having them to hide behind and the wither then flying/getting blocked by the wall while trying to get you is just too nice xD
But it can fly through the hole there... I thought you meant the new 3x3x3 bedrock room in the updated nether map, that has the ultimate prize in it :p