[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but that is because vanilla tools suck in... at least in my opinion, hence why I added Tinkers. There's no mod that does tools quite like it

The Botania tools can be quite nice. Self-repairing with mana. Most have right-click abilities (place block, place torch). The terra shatterer can do like the hammer and clear larger areas.

They're not quite as fancy as the Tinkers stuff, but I think they are often overlooked.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The Botania tools can be quite nice. Self-repairing with mana. Most have right-click abilities (place block, place torch). The terra shatterer can do like the hammer and clear larger areas.

They're not quite as fancy as the Tinkers stuff, but I think they are often overlooked.
It's a little too pushed back for me to make it a main tool mod... It would be nice to see a replacement for tinkers though. Something a little more complex :p

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
It's a little too pushed back for me to make it a main tool mod... It would be nice to see a replacement for tinkers though. Something a little more complex :p
If you have a way to charge items with rf I believe there is a mod that add some tools that run on rf.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
There is no way to transfer RF from a generator to an item, and I don't want RF to be a major focus :p

I have not played the pack I only noticed that you wanted some tools so I taught lets throw it in here. I may look at some mods that I have installed to see if they have interesting tools later today.

Reactions: jordsta95

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey those creeper dino jocker are no joke. had 3 spawn next to the village and got owned. I had to turn it on peacefull for a sec to get my stuff back.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey those creeper dino jocker are no joke. had 3 spawn next to the village and got owned. I had to turn it on peacefull for a sec to get my stuff back.
That's right they are no joke.
I don't wear armour, like ever, and 2 decided to come play in my "bedroom" (open area with a bed)... that was fun :p

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see Carpenter blocks and Chisel added. This pack has the "i want to build" feel and i think they would fit well in this pack

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see Carpenter blocks and Chisel added. This pack has the "i want to build" feel and i think they would fit well in this pack
Carpenter's Blocks is in already.
Chisel 2 may get added, but I would need to decide how best to obtain the 1.8 stones (I don't like them spawning in the world)

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Carpenter's Blocks is in already.
Chisel 2 may get added, but I would need to decide how best to obtain the 1.8 stones (I don't like them spawning in the world)
You can just add it to the chisel conversion of cobblestone. Or of stone

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of adding a food mod? like
Pam's harvest craft: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/221857-pams-harvestcraft
Or decoration mods like
Deco craft : http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/79616-decocraft

This pack has the vanilla feel to it yet its modded.
I would add pams, but I wouldn't add it without hunger overhaul - Which I don't want. But if I can find a neat new food mod, then I will add it (I was going to add the subway sandwhich mod, but it was a little too "underwhelming")
As for Decocraft, unlikely, just because I have seen it playing up in some packs (causing long load times, etc.) - Also, I think some of the stuff in it is either tacky, or just not that nice looking.

I personally dont feel AE2 fits the pack well.
I think mods like
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/223852-storage-drawers

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228756-iron-chests

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/223703-compactstorage

...ect. Mods that add storage spaces... would fit it better.
While i do like AE, it also is a forget all, craft all storage system.
There is already enhanced inventories, which adds massive storage to chests. But AE is there just for "ease of access" and autocrafting (which can be nice in a later stage, for example needing to craft 2000 stairs for a build)
I may make it so that if you enable minetweaker (to get custom recipes) you will no longer be able to craft the storage part (ME drive/storage drives) but it adds something that some people may need.

Especially if you are going to "complete" every mod, you will most likely have loads of chests filled. And finding stuff could be a massive pain :/

If you don't mind me asking @jordsta95, why don't you like the stone spawning in-world? Just out of curiosity really!
I hate having to cut mining trips short because of inventory space being filled. Yes, i could throw it out. But some people may not, because they want to use it later.
Also, I think they look crap, and just spawn waaaaaaay too much.
If you are playing vanilla+chisel 2 (nothing else) then fine, but vanilla+mods which add ores, not so much