[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
lbs2f6Q.png

GregTech focused hard-mode modpack

Now with HQM guide through GregTech
(Quests are currently considered as beta,
more quests will come soon(tm))

Looking for 1.6.4 version? Check here
The Infitech brand is proud to bring you InfiTech 2, a highly customized, specialized and streamlined modpack for the dedicated and challenge-oriented Minecraft players.

InfiTech 2 centres primarily on Gregtech and Thaumcraft, with a vast number of tweaks and adjustments to recipes to alleviate exploits and create a truly balanced "GregTech" experience.

Assemble vast hoards of resources as you build factories and complicated infrastructure projects. Explore the solar system to attain rare resources as your technological advancements progress. Achieve the unbelievable and create Stargates linking your empire together.

All possibilities are within your grasp. Are you the sort of player who can overcome the challenges?

!!!WARNING!!!
This modpack doesnt support removing mods. If you will remove some mod it can break the rest of changed recipes. Adding new mods will cause huge imbalances.
!!!WARNING!!!

For those asking about using my scripts as a base for your modpacks:

Feel free to do so. All I ask is credit given to those who worked on the scripts (aka don't delete the first few lines in them, where credit is given)

Fuel Refining in InfiTech 2 (v3.2.x) - Made by @Joel Falk: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ypolb7s6aLHTMSyClcbFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Like Sphax? Wanna it for InfiTech 2? - http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel-packs/infitech-t5086.html

Now the needed stuff:
Pack code
: 17infitech
How to install the pack:
1) Open FTB Launcher
2) On top select 3rd Party Packs
3) Click on Pack Codes
4) Put in "17infitech" (without quotes)
5) CLick on Add
6) Select it in the list
7) Play and have fun
Recommended JVM Args:
Code:
-Xmx4G -Xms2G -d64 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=80 -XX:+UseStringDeduplication -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4

Certain parameters might differ for your PC.

- Xmx (maximum) and Xms (starting/minimum) is the memory allocation. Do not allocate all your memory, leave something for your OS. In most cases 4G is enough. If your world is more progressed you might want to raise the Xmx
- XX ParallelGCThreads=4 (4 = number of your CPU cores)
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Required Java 8
Issue tracker with changelog
: https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7 (bug reports made in this thread will be most likely ignored/missed)
If you are having an issue with downloading the server or client from the FTB launcher, try changing the Download Location in the Options tab
Become my Patron:
http://www.patreon.com/jasonmcray
Join our Discord: HERE
InfiTech Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/InfiTech/

Huge thanks to my patrons for support:
MigukNamja
Slayeruga
ShinyGardevoir
Gatsu
Anton Kattsyn
ThirdP3rs0n
Keith Bos
Linkinexe
catt0
Black0305
Malfal
Irongron
Michael Buck
Slychocobo
MrPopov
Devryb
Nic
NekuCerv
Vegeta897
DailyRegimen
Icehornet
Andrew Amerlaan
Agrax
Axiometry
King_oli99
r8420​

ChangeLog:
Click Here
Mod List:
How am I numbering versions:
a.b.xy
a
- Major release, will change only when some big change is added which will not work, or will work incorrectly on old worlds (like MC version update, or massive world generation) - NEW WORLD REQUIRED
b - Minor release, This will change when something is being addded/removed (mostly worlgen stuff like ores) - NEW WORLD NOT NEEDED, BUT NEW STUFF WILL PROBABLY NOT SPAWN IN ALREADY GENERATED CHUNKS
xy - hotfix versions, just hotfixes, that should not affect the world too much
Known Issues in latest (L) and recommended (R) pack version:
- (L/R) v3.2.x - Right-clicking is broken when /gamerule doDaylightCycle is set to false
- (L/R) v3.2.18 - Holding LMB+Shift whilst draging over items to move them into/from inventory is broken. Fix: https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/issues/840
- (L/R) v3.2.18 - EnderIO Coordinate selector crash fix: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/th...hard-mode-modpack.50185/page-706#post-1804509
Modpack Videos
by me (Jason McRay)
More Youtubers:
by @Lacandor
by Joe Vengeance
by @konceptum
by @To Asgaard

Even more Youtubers:

by @UNG_God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdVcm4NLwUc

Are you making a videos as well? Well let me know, and if I will like it, I will put you in here as well

There are a lot of changed recipes in this modpack, so make sure you know how to use NEI

Feel free to discuss the modpack in this thread but if you want to report some bug/crash use Issue Tracker, because it can get lost in the thread

Do you have better idea on some recipes? Do you have a suggestion about some mod that can be added and you know it will not break the Balance and not create loops? Feel free to post in here or on Issue Tracker. Suggestions are welcome and really appriciated.

With that said, thank you all for checking it out, and I hope you will have a lot of fun and „rage“ with this new modpack: InfiTech 2

Looking for cheap and reliable server you can set-up for your friends to enjoy InfiTech 2?

Take care,
and bye bye!

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Not saying they should be added to the pack proper, but any reason me adding BinniesMods and MagicBees will break/shortcut anything ?

Oh, and I just noticed BigReactors is *not* in this version. Large-scale MJ/RF power without spamming 8 MJ/t ISEs would be...ExUt Generators ?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Binnies mods are 1.7.10 and not 1.7.2.. but yes they will get added once we hit the 1.7.10 version

BR is not out for 1.7 and i will not be adding it. For generating MJ/RF you have EnderIO, Galacticraft, ExUt and Railcraft. Nothing large scale RF/MJ output.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
OK, thanks. Just thinking of how to power quarries. ExUt Generators aren't bad.
I wouldnt mind if we were simply encouraged to use ic2 quarries instead. I normally have no reason to because they've been kinda suck in the past, but I hear they've improved.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Diary of a One-Seven-Two Newbie

Background: I have zero knowledge of GT 1.7. Or any 1.7 mods. I've read no tutorials or watched any videos. I will stumble badly due to lack of preparation.

Part I
=========================================

Day 1: "stumbling badly"
-------------------------------------

Hit the ground running here. Promptly smacked into a tree. Read the book whilst dazed.

First things first: where to live? Found a nice, tiny lake near a volcano and a AM2 meteorite. Ah, AM2. I've been terrified of learning about you; I barely understoodd your predecessor well enough to set up a MAC system. Expectedly the meteorite is impervious to my pathetic tools made of wood and stone.

Dug out a cave. Planted a couple seeds. Wondered about coal.

Day 2: "i can't see anything!"

Roadblock #1, what the hell do we do about lighting?

Spent a few days hollowing out my shallow cave. Can't go too deep without losing visibility. Finding occassional small ores, but no coal.
Expectedly, the charcoal recipe from wood does not work. Burning wood in a furnace (cooking stone) simply so I can see my cave. Considering putting in skylights.

Maybe...candles? On day three, set up a candleberry (candlebud?) farm. Got a bunch of that stuff, but then found out the wax recipe requires a pot which requires iron. Dammit.

Hmm. Well, there's clay and sand nearby. That means...coal coke ovens!

Fortunately, this works. Also fortunately, tons of trees nearby. I have two coke ovens running now, making me charcoal. I strongly suspect this isn't the only way to get lighting going, but it works.

Day 5: "first accomplishment."

Been going through tool recipes. The GT tools are now cool as hell. You make heads for things, attach a stick, and are good to go. There's also a million materials you can make things out of. I've scratched together 4 iron and a hammer so that I can make a File. This seems to be a Good Thing.

Day 6: "bigger accomplishment."
I suck at magic mods. I really really suck at thaumcraft. So you'll imagine my surprise when I realize Greg had added a ton of interaction with the damn mod. And its cool stuff too.

I've been picking up a bunch of thaumcraft shards as I branch mine. Normally I'd toss these down the chute; I have no use for magic. Today I kept them and good thing. Turns out with a file and some shards, I can make some half-decent tools. Specifically I have a bunch of Earth shards, and they make rather long duration, decent-speed pick axes. Made a bunch of these and my branch mining operations have improved substantially.

Did some caving; came across three endermen loitering in a large cavern. Since my armor consisted of a busted leather hat (thanks skeleton), I took rather careful care before killing these. Two ender pearls rather early in the game; dunno what I'll do with them yet.

Day 7: "really? nice!"
Found water shards. Turns out these give pick axes the Fortune III enchantment. Almost feels too nice for a GT pack. On the other hand, they last a tiny fraction of time compared to the Earth pick axes. That said, any time I come across something that seems fortune-able, I know what to do.

Note to self: small ore veins, while dropping items instead of blocks, do not appear to be fortune-able. Dang.

Seems Ignis tools will give the Flame III enchantment. I haven't decided how I'd leverage that yet. I could probably auto-smelt small dusts as I see them but i'm not sure if that's super beneficial. I could auto-coal trees, but again, not super beneficial. Will give this some thought.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Then you must be putting incorrect pack code. Make sure you have it correct (i tested it and its working for me)

Shady3

Jul 29, 2019
Then you must be putting incorrect pack code. Make sure you have it correct (i tested it and its working for me)

im putting in "InfiTech 2" and i have tried a few variations of it but it doesnt work.
other packs work fine adding.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Diary of a One-Seven-Two Newbie

Background: I have zero knowledge of GT 1.7. Or any 1.7 mods. I've read no tutorials or watched any videos. I will stumble badly due to lack of preparation.

Part 2
=========================================

Day 9? "things feel like normal again"
-----------------------------
Days are now meaningless. I spend more time under than above ground.

My explorations are yielding more fruit. Came across an abandoned mine. These are always great for chest loot, but this one is swarming with endermen for some reason. I've been picking them off, but for some reason zombies seem more annoyed with me than usual these days...I can't turn around without a bunch of them getting in my face. Any chance it has something to do with...?

"what have I got in my pocket?
-----------------------------
So we have some mod called ElectroMagic tools. Never heard of it. So far my knowledge of it amounts to the One Ring I found in a chest down here.

Now, call my paranoid, but I have no interest in wearing something when I have no idea what it does. (I sort of assume I can wear this btw)

I can't find any info on it anywhere. But I can't help but wonder if the fact that I found it is causing all these zombies to be really pissed off.

Stashing it in a chest for now.

"we're gonna need another pick"
-------------------------------
A bag of holding too maybe. Found my first ore vein today. Now, I read the book, so I knew to expect these. But seriously, seeing is believing.

If you ever came across one of those old forestry apatite veins that could level you to 30 from scratch due to the sheer size of them, forget about it. Apatite has nothing on these. I've been down here (and back up and back down again) mining out piles of Pyrite, Chalcopyrite, Malachite and Copper. I'd be pretty excited about this if I had any tin since it would mean a gate into the bronze age. Maybe I should go mine some mountains (Cassiterite = >80 elevation)

I haven't figured out if these particular ores will always generate together. I'm guessing so.

Giant ore veins feel way more "real" to me, although I wonder at what the balance implications will be.

Back to digging...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
MigukNamja, you playing this pack yet?

Please feel free to chime in if you see something i'm making an obvious botchery of.

I'm really interested in particular in lighting sources for new players. It took me literally hours of playing to find a "small coal" block. I refuse to believe that coal coke ovens are the only way to do this.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
MigukNamja, you playing this pack yet?

Please feel free to chime in if you see something i'm making an obvious botchery of.

I'm really interested in particular in lighting sources for new players. It took me literally hours of playing to find a "small coal" block. I refuse to believe that coal coke ovens are the only way to do this.

Apologies, @Pyure , it took a few days for me to:

1. Discover there is no 1.7.2 version of BinniesMods (ExtraBees/Trees)
2. Use BinniesMods for 1.7.10 and then try (and fail) to use MC 1.7.10 and matching Forge with existing mods in InfiTech2
3. Download 1.7.10 (if available) versions of all mods in this pack
4. Work out my errors (such as trying to use MC 1.7.10 Forge with 1.7.2 Forge scala libraries - doh !)
5. Get it working, only to be very disappointed that my rig couldn't handle (modded) MC 1.7.10 without framerates often dipping below 5fps
6. Upgrade and re-build PC (gaming rig)
7. Get everything working again, and be thrilled that my new rig can handle this pack very well on 1.7.10
8. Start my world !

*A critic can claim that I just spent huge sums of money on new hardware and ~20 hours of my time just to add ExtraTrees/Bees to this pack and that critic would not be far off the mark. Granted, it was time for a system refresh, modded MC 1.7.10 just forced my hand. My rig could barely handle 1.6.4 as it was.

I wandered around a bit until I found a base in/near the following biomes:
  • Birch Forest (trees and bee hives !)
  • Desert (sand and bee breeding within player chunkloading distance)
  • Extreme Hills (for mining)
  • River (clay and pre-bucket farming)

Wood, sand, and clay are plentiful, so it didn't take that long to build four(4) coke ovens. I always need tons of wood and need at least a small plot for food, so I spent considerable time and tools just clearing out land. While a Birch Forest is great for bees and trees, it's a bit hilly and takes a while to flatten.

Near the end of my gaming session, I had enough charcoal to make enough torches for my 1st serious mining expedition. I only had to dig out about 120 blocks or so before I found an underground chasm and found my 1st ore vein. It has cobalt plus 2 other GT metals in it. My flint pickaxe could only mine the cobalt, though I was pleased to see in NEI I can smelt it directly and then use those ingots to make a Tier 3 hammer. Nice ! It was getting late (in RL), so I got back to my base and then logged out.

As for early-game torches, I found quite a few Small Coal blocks in Extreme Hills and I could have made torches out of them. However, it wouldn't have been enough to do much with. Also, I found quite a few IC2 Rubber Trees, but didn't have enough saplings to make a good sticky rubber farm when compared the plentiful clay and sand around me. Really, I think coke ovens are the way to go. To go mining and light up one's base and surrounding areas, one really does need a steady supply of torches, and it's hard to beat at least a handful of coke ovens for reliable throughput.

Besides, it's pretty darn inefficient using wood planks for cobblestone furnace fuel. The one part about GT I do not enjoy is the early-game manual tree farming. Anything I can do to reduce my wood demand is fine by me, and coke ovens are a great early-game mechanism for making more efficient use of wood.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay - I'm using this pack with MC 1.7.10 and Forge 1.7.10 Latest (1208). It seems to work well so far. I've upgraded nearly every mod, but haven't changed configs. It works well so far. Do you know of any side effects or unintentional artifacts I may encounter ?

I'm assuming most mod's 1.7.10 versions are nearly identical to their 1.7.2 counterparts.

Also, when I downloaded the server for this mod-pack as-is (1.7.2-based), it didn't start when I ran ServerStart.sh (on Linux). It crapped out very early with Java complaining aboud main() or similar not being there. I had to download and install Forge for MC 1.7.2 before the server would run.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
First impressions of this pack vs. InfiTech 1 : early-game GT seems even more tedious ! But, strangely, I like it. Despite having only a handful of the required early-game ores such as iron, copper, and tin, and finding a huge vein of metals my pick can't even break yet, I'm having fun. Most packs whisk you through the early-game so fast, that there is effectively not an early game.

I'm enjoying struggling for resources and having to think hard of how to stretch what I have. Finding a dungeon/spawner chest is a *huge* deal and deciding how to use the handful of iron scraped together is a challenge. Hammer ? Bucket ? Pickaxe ? Decisions, decisions.

Great work, mate (@Jason McRay ). This is one of the most enjoyable packs I've ever played :)