[1.7.10] ImpactFlux Modpack - Version 1.0.0 [HQM, 400+ Quests, Hardcore]

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Each time i launch it the mods dont show up and its just like normal minecraft without any mods. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help me i really want to play the mod pack
You need to be much more descriptive in your error/problem to get any useful help.

If the mods are missing from the pack, delete and re-download.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
i couldnt find the seed propagation in the config
It's under 'plant_full-grown_effects' - you need to set them all to false. The way PC seeds work is when the plant is fully grown, it will trigger an effect, the plant breaks, and multiple seeds are spawned. If you leave them enabled, PC seeds will eventually take over your game [exponential growth with no limiter] and lag you out. The only down-side is you also won't be able to get the seeds to produce their effect via bonemeal either [it's a bug being worked on].

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I released a mod update on the github page. I'm sure that it is broken, but hopefully I can fix the problems quickly as they arise. I also made a post on the reddit that tries to explain the current situation of the pack that can be found here;

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2olboy/impactflux_one_update_to_rule_them_all/

I need to figure out who I can talk to about getting access to update the pack on the launcher. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Willing to play the updated version [if I can get it installed correctly]. Had much trouble trying to update the mods myself and actually ran into a roadblock with the CoFH mods as those required a newer version of Forge [updating Forge in FTB was the roadblock, not the CoFH mods].

Edit: as for existing problems with the pack. The one single problem I'd like to see addressed is...I've been seeing what I believe is a memory leak. With PC seed spreading disabled, I can play for an hour or so with good frames but then everything slows to a crawl. Happens also when the world is opened, then paused for some time or when the world is opened, then closed, but client is still running [main menu]. Dunno if it's a modpack issue or a launcher issue [FTB launcher doesn't seem too popular in developer circles].

Edit: Ok, I broke something. Deleted what was contained in the GitHub download from the ImpactFlux folder, then copied everything over. Launching the pack results in vanilla 1.7.10?

Edit: Looks like I deleted too much. Started over by fresh download of modpack. Deleted from modpack only what comes with GitHub download, then copied download over and launched. Got a CBDependency popup, then launcher crashed [unable to load - no crash report]. Can't even give a console log as it exceeds pastebin limit. Based on what i was doing earlier, the pack.json is still using Forge 1208 which doesn't play well with the newer CoFH mods. Same boat as when I tried to update this myself. Unsure how to use the GitHub download now...

Edit: last one...tried to get this working in MultiMC. Lots o' red text in the console and launcher locks up. Here's an upload of the console log: http://paste.ee/p/etIbY

Last edited:

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: last one...tried to get this working in MultiMC. Lots o' red text in the console and launcher locks up. Here's an upload of the console log: http://paste.ee/p/etIbY

Just a guess but I'd suggest upping the permgen size to 256 or 512. I've used the github package with MultiMC and had it work ok. I'm sticking with the last released version on my Let's play till it can be updated on the FTB launcher because I want stick with the version that is most accessible.

I'm defently excited that someone from the original team wants to and is able to update the pack. I really hope nothing terrible happened to Impactflux and he is able to return some day, till then I hope Watchful will allow Vanityset to update the pack.

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
What version of Forge do we use? I was able to get it to run okay but when I do the quest to repair the axe it crashes the game when I put the axe in the crafting window.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Just a guess but I'd suggest upping the permgen size to 256 or 512. I've used the github package with MultiMC and had it work ok. I'm sticking with the last released version on my Let's play till it can be updated on the FTB launcher because I want stick with the version that is most accessible.

I'm defently excited that someone from the original team wants to and is able to update the pack. I really hope nothing terrible happened to Impactflux and he is able to return some day, till then I hope Watchful will allow Vanityset to update the pack.
T'was PermGen=64 holding me back in MMC [default setting].

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
What version of Forge do we use? I was able to get it to run okay but when I do the quest to repair the axe it crashes the game when I put the axe in the crafting window.
3rd Quest in 'Weathering the Storm' - where you repair your wooden pickaxe and sword. Wood + pickaxe in player crafting grid shows nothing [as in it will not let me repair] while sword + wood crashes game...crash report@ http://pastebin.com/FibG9MXW

I checked [or tried to] make sure the same worldgen that's disabled in the original pack is also disabled in this new release. Guess I failed [dunno how tho]. I managed to find a seed with a Snowy Keep spawn and not far from a Village and a huge Mesa biome. Keep and Mesa are still there but Village is being replaced by a Volcano [every time I load this seed - sigh]. Little help plz.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
PSA:
Newest version of Penumaticcraft 1.4.3-40 gives back the ability to trigger seed effects with bonemeal [when those effects are disabled in the configs - to prevent uncontrolled seed spreading].

Newest version of Pam's Harvestcraft 1.7.10c restores the ability to right-click harvest most crops.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Original pack...
Anyone else noticed making a mob farm using one of the RougeDungeon spawners [without moving the spawner] yields no XP? I think I've seen this with Vanilla spawners too? Is this something new to 1.7? Only mobs coming out and giving me XP are the mini mobs. Using TiCo weaps but also seen this with The Ender.

Update: Has nothing to do with the spawners. I'm not getting any XP from any hostile mobs [except the mini/baby hostile mobs]. Applies to both mob-spawner hostile mobs and naturally-spawned hostile mobs. Animals do yield XP when killed. As does ore when mined. Essence bush works too. Updated Special Mobs to latest version with no change. Also verified Infernal Mobs disabled.

Are there any other mods that mess with mobs/XP in this pack? Is this something that unlocks further down a quest line? Am I seriously the only one who's having this issue or has this already been reported?

Update: Pigmen/Wither Skellies yield no XP, but strangely enough, Blaze do...naturally-spawned and from their spawners.

Last edited:

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a weird giant "hungry spider" spawn and pretty much ruin my game - he spawned randomly on level 2 of a dungeon and is stuck in the ceiling because he is so huge and every time he hits me he takes an item - from hotbar/inventory/or armor. He has all my tools now, and my bag of holding, and my armor, baubles, everything. I'm not sure how to kill it since every time he hits me he takes an item - even if I cheat in swords and armor they are gone in 5 seconds of fighting him. I was trying to kill him because I figured maybe he would drop the gear - but not sure how to even do it considering he is in the ceiling and hard to hit and if I can hit him he hits back and takes my sword(s) and armor. Also not sure where the gear would drop - probably in solid rock somewhere considering he is 95% in the ceiling.

Edit: Actually I guess there are two of them. Think it is too late for me to salvage the game - might start over with heavily edited SpecialMobs.cfg but the default config (everything on) is pretty much unplayable because its only a matter of time until you run into a totally broken mob.

It's not stuck in the ceiling, the model just starts at the floor. The hitbox is actually the spider's normal size, even. You basically have no chance of hitting it in melee without waila being on to tell you when you're looking at it, and good luck figuring out where it's actually standing so you can hit it with a bow.
They DO drop all your stuff when killed. Go into creative mode with some sort of weapon and kill them. Also, disable hungry spiders. Botania and Specialmobs have an interaction where hungry spiders shed string randomly, and then eat it immediately to grow larger, and larger... Specialmobs did not until recently have any limit on how big a hungry spider can get, thus you have... this problem. Compounding on the issue is that once a spider eats an item, it does not despawn. I'm not sure if the other Hungry mob types can get huge (probably not), but I disabled them too just in case.

Right now I'm having an issue where the Twilight Forest dimension is incredibly slow. I'm gonna run OPIS to find out why.

Edit: I have no idea why. Whatever's lagging the crap out of TF, opis can't see it. I used killall on a bunch of animals that were reportedly causing the most lag, and the TPS went DOWN. I'm guessing there's some sort of event handler that is just crapping out and reporting NaN to opis while sucking up all the cycles.

Edit2: To add to my confusion, it seems if I go to creative mode and just fly a little bit the lag goes away. I was starting to remove mods to see if one of them was the problem but nope, it's probably just minecraft's mob pathing glitching out, I think? TF still has chunk generation lag but that's normal for TF.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Yea the tiny hitbox thing sounds about right - that's why it was pretty much impossible to hit in creative - the only way I could ever find the hitbox is if the spider was aggroed and attacking me. Anyway I disabled the hungry mobs (all of them) and started over with a new world.

I am getting some really bad chunk generating lag now - not sure why. On a single player game. The initial world gen was not bad but I've played maybe 20 hours or so now in one location then when I go an explore I literally have to go AFK for chunks to generate. When they are generating I can't break blocks or anything. Any idea how to narrow down the cause?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yea the tiny hitbox thing sounds about right - that's why it was pretty much impossible to hit in creative - the only way I could ever find the hitbox is if the spider was aggroed and attacking me. Anyway I disabled the hungry mobs (all of them) and started over with a new world.

I am getting some really bad chunk generating lag now - not sure why. On a single player game. The initial world gen was not bad but I've played maybe 20 hours or so now in one location then when I go an explore I literally have to go AFK for chunks to generate. When they are generating I can't break blocks or anything. Any idea how to narrow down the cause?
Couple ideas that may help you find the lag...
Check which world-gen mods you have enabled - disable if unnecessary/unwanted.
If you're sure it's a mod and not your system/Java itself being finicky...binary search the mod list. You split/load the mod list in half. Find which half has the problem mod and then split/load the problem half in half again until you've found your problem mod. This can be tricky to do with mod dependencies...and Forge...but is doable if you use another launcher. And should be quicker than loading up each mod individually [YMMV].

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to through this out there...
I decided to disable OptiFine due to the strange graphical quirks it has with TE4 + TiCo stuffs. Oddly enough, I'm getting the same frames without it and I've noticed that my play is much less stuttered. As always, YMMV.

Edit: Everything was working brilliantly until I ran out of gravel and decided to go caving to quickly grab some more. As soon as I turned on spawn lighting 'F7', frames dropped to shit [3-5 FPS].

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone care to hazard a guess why a Cleaver with an Alumite Blade [plus Alumite Plate, Iron and Thaumium Rods] has the same attack damage when the blade is upgraded to Manyullyn?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Thought on an automated cow milker. Without MFR, I thought the only other option was to use some AAs. One to get the milk bucket and another to empty it into a barrel. To speed this up I decided to add some additional cows to the pen...which either does nothing to speed up production or stops production entirely [I had a Mooshroom in there too]. Looked around and saw I could do this with Steve's Carts. Neither option is very attractive at this point and SC would use up a rather large footprint for something I'm only occasionally cooking with. Is there anything I'm missing/overlooking?