[1.7.10] ImpactFlux Modpack - Version 1.0.0 [HQM, 400+ Quests, Hardcore]

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully someone has a solution for this. Having a really hard time finding gold, so decided to get a pigman spawner going. Along the way also figured I'd get a VIllager-based iron farm up too. Using EnderIO for the spawners. Then the problems. EnderIO version inculded in the pack is missing the Soul Binder. Update to latest EnderIO version fixes that but...now I can't get Villagers into the Soul Vials. Looks around and have seen zero reports about this. There's an EnderIO recipe that uses a Villager Soul and the config has an empty blacklist for the vial.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Edit: Turns out you need to shift + right-click to capture villager souls.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Turns out you need to shift + right-click to capture villager souls.

it's the same with the golden lasso from extra utilities and I believe the safari nets from Minefactory Reloaded aswell. if you simply right click a villager with it, you'll only open up the trade window
so you need to shift - right click the villagers to be able to capture them

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
it's the same with the golden lasso from extra utilities and I believe the safari nets from Minefactory Reloaded aswell. if you simply right click a villager with it, you'll only open up the trade window
so you need to shift - right click the villagers to be able to capture them
Oddly enough, I have no problem using the Lasso...never have. I think my confusion stem'd from the vial's tooltip.

Unrelated...running around killing cows and suddenly dragged up into the air and dropped, over and over until dead. Teleported back to death waypoint and everything but my TiCo Tools were gone [why does this modpack not have graves?]. Looking now can see some strange particles coming from the ground but nothing else to give away this deathtrap. Anyone know what happened to me or why?

Edit: Upon closer inspection, I think it was some kind of node...the sucky kind [pun intended].

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly enough, I have no problem using the Lasso...never have. I think my confusion stem'd from the vial's tooltip.

Unrelated...running around killing cows and suddenly dragged up into the air and dropped, over and over until dead. Teleported back to death waypoint and everything but my TiCo Tools were gone [why does this modpack not have graves?]. Looking now can see some strange particles coming from the ground but nothing else to give away this deathtrap. Anyone know what happened to me or why?

Edit: Upon closer inspection, I think it was some kind of node...the sucky kind [pun intended].

yup, that's a hungry node, where it doesn't matter if you've a grave or not, because the hungry node will just suck up the grave aswell and you lose all your items.
I don't know if there already is, but it'd be nice if there was a blacklist for hungry nodes, so it can't suck up graves.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno what's up with either modded 1.7.10 or if it's just this pack...but the lag spikes are killing the fun. I've got FastCraft, FPSPlus and OptiFine running with video settings turned down to almost minimum and I'm still getting lag/stuttering. Or everything's relatively playable and then [couple hours or dimension change or I go near lower levels of the dungeon] and FPS drops to 10 or less.

Latest attempt and I'm now getting a strange X-Ray-like effect.

Edit: switched multi-core to smooth and 'believe' I've solved the X-Ray bugginess

Edit: unrelated but People should know [if they don't already]...Pneumaticcraft bug where you disable plant self-spreading via the config. You also disable the ability to trigger the plant's effect [as in no slimes from slime seeds].

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Think I finally figured out what GreyMark was referring to in the Diary. Not pleased with the result or myself.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Captured a Wither Skeleton in the Nether via Soul Vial. Tooltip on said vial reads 'Skeleton'. Will this spawn Wither Skellies via the Powered Spawner in the Overworld?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Have Ender Lillies been nerfed [growth time] in 1.7.10? Never used them until I played the ME^3 pack and they grew rather fast in that pack when grown on Ender Cores [as in growth times akin to normal crops]. I can recall several times where I'd see almost instant growth [as in no longer 0%] right after planting. Here, it's taking forever and then some.

Edit: looks like RWTema did decrease the growth time for Ender Lilies on Ender Cores. Good thing I just got the Enderman spawner reward!

Last edited:

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a weird giant "hungry spider" spawn and pretty much ruin my game - he spawned randomly on level 2 of a dungeon and is stuck in the ceiling because he is so huge and every time he hits me he takes an item - from hotbar/inventory/or armor. He has all my tools now, and my bag of holding, and my armor, baubles, everything. I'm not sure how to kill it since every time he hits me he takes an item - even if I cheat in swords and armor they are gone in 5 seconds of fighting him. I was trying to kill him because I figured maybe he would drop the gear - but not sure how to even do it considering he is in the ceiling and hard to hit and if I can hit him he hits back and takes my sword(s) and armor. Also not sure where the gear would drop - probably in solid rock somewhere considering he is 95% in the ceiling.

Edit: Actually I guess there are two of them. Think it is too late for me to salvage the game - might start over with heavily edited SpecialMobs.cfg but the default config (everything on) is pretty much unplayable because its only a matter of time until you run into a totally broken mob.

p7RFc79.png

Last edited:

vanityset

Jul 29, 2019
Ye gods, there is a thread.

I stopped working on this a while ago, back in October due to school shit. Finishing masters, etc. Not fun times. I was thinking about getting it updated and shifting some of my attention back onto the pack, finishing quests, that sort of business. It seems like a lot of people still play the pack, which is incredibly encouraging since the mods haven't been updated in two months.

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
Ye gods, there is a thread.

I stopped working on this a while ago, back in October due to school shit. Finishing masters, etc. Not fun times. I was thinking about getting it updated and shifting some of my attention back onto the pack, finishing quests, that sort of business. It seems like a lot of people still play the pack, which is incredibly encouraging since the mods haven't been updated in two months.

D: Is this your pack? If so im sure everyone (including myself) would love to see an update or two for this pack :D

vanityset

Jul 29, 2019
I released a mod update on the github page. I'm sure that it is broken, but hopefully I can fix the problems quickly as they arise. I also made a post on the reddit that tries to explain the current situation of the pack that can be found here;

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2olboy/impactflux_one_update_to_rule_them_all/

I need to figure out who I can talk to about getting access to update the pack on the launcher. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Reactions: Yusunoha

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a weird giant "hungry spider" spawn and pretty much ruin my game - he spawned randomly on level 2 of a dungeon and is stuck in the ceiling because he is so huge and every time he hits me he takes an item - from hotbar/inventory/or armor. He has all my tools now, and my bag of holding, and my armor, baubles, everything. I'm not sure how to kill it since every time he hits me he takes an item - even if I cheat in swords and armor they are gone in 5 seconds of fighting him. I was trying to kill him because I figured maybe he would drop the gear - but not sure how to even do it considering he is in the ceiling and hard to hit and if I can hit him he hits back and takes my sword(s) and armor. Also not sure where the gear would drop - probably in solid rock somewhere considering he is 95% in the ceiling.

Edit: Actually I guess there are two of them. Think it is too late for me to salvage the game - might start over with heavily edited SpecialMobs.cfg but the default config (everything on) is pretty much unplayable because its only a matter of time until you run into a totally broken mob.

p7RFc79.png
I so hate these mobs. And so easy to get royally screwed with them. Yup, they eat [and hold on to] your items [unlike the hungry skellies/zombies who steal and then drop] and if they kill you AND you respawn far enough away...they despawn taking your eaten items with them.

All the hungry mob versions are very, very not fun...and still I've yet to disable them.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Need some suggestions for how to conquer the final level of the Dungeons. Every time I go down there I get raped and have to run away. Raped so hard and so fast that I can't even get torches down except through the outside [cheaty way]. My current plan is to start harvesting the structure from the top down [just the Hell level], killing spawners as I go...but this seems a most inefficient way. All the other floors had a pattern for the spawner locations but on the bottom level I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Error while running launchMinecraft(): java.lang.NullPointer ....... please help me
Isn't this an error from trying to run Java8? Try Java7 - 64bit and see if you get the same error.

Unrelated...and this might get a little wordy...
This pack introduced me to EnderIO, so I'm unfamiliar with how the Powered Spawners function [aside from what I was able to read on the wiki]. The one issue I see specific to this pack, with regards to EIO's spawner, is unwanted mobs in an Enderman spawn chamber. Enderman spawner requires low-light levels to function. The only mob transport method that still prevents teleporting [aside from minecarts] is XU's Conveyor Belt. XU's belt allows mob spawning. So if you setup an Enderman spawner, you're going to get unwanted mobs in that system.

Hopefully I'm missing something. I'm assuming EIO's spawner uses vanilla spawner mechanics [player near, light levels] and adds the additional requirement of the block being powered. Am I wrong in that assumption? Does EIO substitute the vanilla conditions for spawners with just the power requirement?

The only other solution I see is to not funnel Endermen to a central killzone, but to line the spawn room floor with Punji sticks/Iron Spikes and have Vacuum Chests in the walls collecting drops.

Edit: limited testing revealed that perhaps EIO does remove light-level restrictions for spawn conditions. Testing chamber had enough glowstone to completely light the chamber floor [as well as a good potion of the interior] and I was still getting 3 Endermen per spawn cycle. Also, the problem I described above only presents itself when you move away from the spawner [so random mobs are able to spawn within the chamber].

Last edited:

BG612

Jul 29, 2019
Each time i launch it the mods dont show up and its just like normal minecraft without any mods. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help me i really want to play the mod pack