[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm, I was doing some dungeon stuff on solo, and in that hour or so it took me, I mysteriously learned all of the Ars Magica spell bits? I'm only level 13 or so, everything including the really nifty spells are all learned... I don't recall clicking anything, I haven't used any commands besides keep inventory and mobgriefing (true and false respectively)... just an oddity, I'm gonna restart since I'm not to far along

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
My botania flowers are ageing out, the config file reads -1 for the setting which should stop them from ageing, but they're going anyhow, is this botania or some sort of conflict?
Edit:
Also Test Dummy quest did not give me the artifact armor reward

Last edited:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
My botania flowers are ageing out, the config file reads -1 for the setting which should stop them from ageing, but they're going anyhow, is this botania or some sort of conflict?
The latest version of botania removes the option entirely, I have just not regenerated the config. If I could disable this I would, however I cannot. Sorry!

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
The latest version of botania removes the option entirely, I have just not regenerated the config. If I could disable this I would, however I cannot. Sorry!

That's fine! I was just concerned about it ignoring config options! I usually just go straight to endoflames since Vazkii initiated the change (which is annoying and expensive unless on crazy producing modpack, but livable)

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
Can we remove or shut down anti-builder blocks? I can't destroy them, or do anything in the towers because of the taint blocking the blocks, or trees or whatever happens to be there...

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Can we remove or shut down anti-builder blocks? I can't destroy them, or do anything in the towers because of the taint blocking the blocks, or trees or whatever happens to be there...
It is a config option however there are plenty of towers to scour

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, I'd rather they just stacked :) I like to burn them for thaum. stuff :)
They do stack in drawers, sort of. I had an entire wall of them in my spectre dimension at one point, just because all the dungeons had so many of them in chests, much less the bags. XD

John_of_Arc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not entirely sure which mod causes it, but it has happened since release and is unfortunately something I can't fix myself :/

I experienced this issue myself, but if memory serves it went away when I removed the Gravestone mod. I believe the issue has to do with a fog feature that the mod creator implemented.

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
What block do you guys use to block sunlight from fungi farms and spawners? Like the ExU Dark glass.
Pretty sure that Gaseous Tenebrae from Thaumic Tinkerer has you covered. You throw it, it creates a cloud of shadows where it hits. Splash a few of those around, and you can grow mushrooms with sky exposure.

Reactions: Patzos

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that tainted mobs don't despawn. You can use /cofh killall Tainted to get rid of them. As advised earlier in the thread, I /gave myself a command block and hit the button every once in a while.
This was a good idea. In practice, the only thing you need to clear out is thaumcraft.TaintedCreeper. Those are the ones gobbling up the spawn cap.

@DrasticDemise - Maybe it would be good to provide a pre-set Command Block as a quest reward until there's some less awkward way to despawn taint creepers. My suggestion is to require RedCrystal from Automagy, because the magical hourglass in that research line is hands-down the easiest way to tick it regularly. Set it to loop every 5-10 minutes, and you'll keep a steady stream of hostile random monsters beating your doors down. Otherwise, after the first five or six in-game days, this might as well be a skyblock map.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure that Gaseous Tenebrae from Thaumic Tinkerer has you covered. You throw it, it creates a cloud of shadows where it hits. Splash a few of those around, and you can grow mushrooms with sky exposure.
Careful with this though, the stuff will spread FOREVER if it can. There's a remover tool in the same Thaum tab, but I don't remember if the stuff spreads as far in a room (or a world) as it can and then stops, or constantly checks for places to spread even after it's filled everything it can currently reach.

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
Careful with this though, the stuff will spread FOREVER if it can.
One bottle is only about +3 in every direction, flood fill. Keep piling those on, yeah, you will end up with a vast pall, but it's not unbounded.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
One bottle is only about +3 in every direction, flood fill. Keep piling those on, yeah, you will end up with a vast pall, but it's not unbounded.
Wait, did they fix that? Or am I thinking of another potentially world ruining thing? XD

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, those are an absolute mess. The gaseous items just make a small area dark or bright.

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
This was a good idea. In practice, the only thing you need to clear out is thaumcraft.TaintedCreeper. Those are the ones gobbling up the spawn cap.

@DrasticDemise - Maybe it would be good to provide a pre-set Command Block as a quest reward until there's some less awkward way to despawn taint creepers. My suggestion is to require RedCrystal from Automagy, because the magical hourglass in that research line is hands-down the easiest way to tick it regularly. Set it to loop every 5-10 minutes, and you'll keep a steady stream of hostile random monsters beating your doors down. Otherwise, after the first five or six in-game days, this might as well be a skyblock map.

Oh wow, and hellfish are even worse. I can travel hundreds of meters in the Nether and not see a single mob. I might have to disable them in the configs just to make the place work like it should.

Reactions: Nightpearl

Patzos

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for your responses! Another puzzling issue if I may: the eldrich obelisk and the portal to Outer lands.
I have found obelisks all with a tainted node not a sinister one. Is it that it becomes tainted cause im not quick enough to spot it and biome-change it? Cultists can still channel as long as the fibrous taint dont damage them but eyes dont work.
Does they generate within the twilight forest so I can use that portal? how do you got around it? thanks in advance