[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Check the biome indicator on your minimap. I've discovered that Beach Biomes seem to resist taint infestation and conversion for some reason. The shorelines of the island I settled on never turned purple as long as I was there.

River sub-biomes also seem very slow to turn.

Minwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing this for a bit and its fun but for some reason on the FTB launcher with version 1.5.0 its suddenly eating up 4.5 gigs of ram just from launching it and lagging like crazy for me when I go into one of the saves I have but when I launch from one of the curse beta launcher it is at more reasonable ram usage and I'm not sure why that is.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
It's also possible you've got a Pure node hovering just offshore there. Hard to tell from the pic, but the grass color around a pure node will be kind of faded out compared to normal grass...it'll have a whitish-blue tint to it. Without a Thaumometer the node will be pretty hard to see though...and they can sometimes spawn underground. The biome change extends to the surface in that case though, creating a 'nodeless Magic Forest' that can be confusing if the node is too far down to spot.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Is that how it works though? It seems like it just wipes out Tainted Lands and replaces it with Plains. But maybe that's just because all I've found so far is Plains.

I've done quite a bit of traveling though, and I've yet to find any sign of biome variation. No deserts or arctic or forests other than oak.

I have seen a few coconut trees, which give jungle saplings, but they seem to sprout in Beach biomes.
I'm not certain. I've also only encountered plains, but that's because I've done VERY little biome change, mostly preferring to build a island for myself. Thinking about it further, biome manipulation may indeed be the only way to get cats. Luckily you can still do what you need to with frogs or owls, but I like cats in general, so that's a bit sad.
In terms of workload, I'd say that the Blood Magic ritual may be the easier of the two you have access to beyond Witchery, it's just REALLY WEIRD.
Question to @DrasticDemise , any idea whether the default Tainted Land is based on a normal oak forest? It might explain the lack of different biomes under all the purple.

Tfree77

Jul 29, 2019
Gah...really good points on cats and dogs. How the devil do you get those things without some kind of biome conversion first?

You can find wolves in world gen. Grab a wand with a containment focus and a warded jar then bring it to your base to clone it with Thaumic Horizons. For ocelots, you have to do a biome change. I used the Witching Gadgets method to convert an area to jungle.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
From what I have found, naturally occuring tainted lands are always reverted to a plains biome. You will have to explore blood magic or thaumcraft to change biome types.

BlackPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Gah...really good points on cats and dogs. How the devil do you get those things without some kind of biome conversion first?
i think necromancy table will do for dogs, 3 bestia if i remember correctly (which i am pretty sure i can get from pigs or chickens and their animal friends)
as for cats i have no idea, since dogs already took the 3 bestia they might require some weird aspect to summon... anyway check what they need and try to find another animal that has it. also they do spawn naturally- I found a grave of a cat named molly (i have never adapted a cat and playing SP) that lived 53 days i think. weird. anyway if you find cat corpse too, you can use the altar (gravestone altar) to resurrect it for a few XP levels. once you have a cat, use thaumic horizons to duplicate it. cat is the better option, since owls are pretty crapy, while toads (which require cats) and cats are nice, with toads making the good witchery brewing even better and cats allowing you to werewolf yourself.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Are the drop rates for the special Blood Magic demon crystals from Elemental demons low, or is there a specific way to have to kill them? I've summoned four and the only drop I've gotten was an artifact armor.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Are the drop rates for the special Blood Magic demon crystals from Elemental demons low, or is there a specific way to have to kill them? I've summoned four and the only drop I've gotten was an artifact armor.

You have to kill them while they have the weakness debuff from the bound sword or energy blaster.

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
can any1 tell me how rare the book of crimson rites is? because i really need it to continue with thaumcraft, but i killed like a hundred cleric and knights and still didnt get anything. I tried to spawn them in creative and then kill then, but that also didnt work out. If they do spawn them, but extremely rare, i will spawn a book in, because its no fun anymore. If I can get it in another way, plz tell me

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I think the latest update might have broken Dimensional Stones. Whenever I try to mark a location with one, it just says "This stone is still charging," as if it's just been used.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Also the changes to the End Dragon fight are terrible. It wasn't really harder, I wasn't really at greater risk of dying or anything, it just took FOREVER. I was constantly bouncing off its invisible repulsion field, stabbing it with lucky shots for piddling damage. That was very unfun, and instead of triumph when it finally died after almost an hour of flying after it swinging my sword, I just felt weary.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Foxdemon, it's pretty rare, so I understand. My last few worlds I got one to drop fairly quickly, but that's just luck I think. I've read how people set up crimson knight spawners/grinders by walling the clerics in while invisible so they can't aggro, then just killing the knights in endless waves until the darn thing drops. :)

Necromancy, hm? Gravestone altars that can resurrect bodies.

INTERESTING

I just happen to have saved the bodies of a few villagers of interest, who had good trades before they died. It would be awesome if I could resurrect them. The villagers you create via the Vat are always random...no telling what sort you'll get, or what trades they'll have.

Flyingbox

Jul 29, 2019
Foxdemon, it's pretty rare, so I understand. My last few worlds I got one to drop fairly quickly, but that's just luck I think. I've read how people set up crimson knight spawners/grinders by walling the clerics in while invisible so they can't aggro, then just killing the knights in endless waves until the darn thing drops. :)

Necromancy, hm? Gravestone altars that can resurrect bodies.

INTERESTING

I just happen to have saved the bodies of a few villagers of interest, who had good trades before they died. It would be awesome if I could resurrect them. The villagers you create via the Vat are always random...no telling what sort you'll get, or what trades they'll have.

The gravestone altar should let you revive the dead villagers.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen the recipe for that it NEI; it uses a Nether Star. Which I just happen to have handy.

But how does one use it? You craft it, place it, and then just...right click with a villager in hand? I've looked up the mod page, but it doesn't do more than mention this is possible...haven't found any talk of the process by which it is accomplished.

Flyingbox

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen the recipe for that it NEI; it uses a Nether Star. Which I just happen to have handy.

But how does one use it? You craft it, place it, and then just...right click with a villager in hand? I've looked up the mod page, but it doesn't do more than mention this is possible...haven't found any talk of the process by which it is accomplished.
The altar contains a UI in which you place the corpse inside and it will tell you the cost, in player levels, to revive said villager. If you can pay the cost then you can click the button and it should poof the villager back
The altar only accepts one corpse at a time and will only throw the rest of a stack back into your hand---if you manage to stack identical villagers or spawn them. When I tested this in creative mode the cost was a flat 20 levels.

Last edited:

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Ah! Thank you! Very helpful!

Looks like I'll need to start building and idiot-proofing my village sooner than expected. (^_^)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Also the changes to the End Dragon fight are terrible. It wasn't really harder, I wasn't really at greater risk of dying or anything, it just took FOREVER. I was constantly bouncing off its invisible repulsion field, stabbing it with lucky shots for piddling damage. That was very unfun, and instead of triumph when it finally died after almost an hour of flying after it swinging my sword, I just felt weary.
This^. I can see it being a fun challenge with maybe a super-materials TiC crossbow, or some really late game gear from certain other tech mods, but all of the magic mods focus more on weird effects and world stuff than sheer damage dealing, which the dragon is mostly immune to in any case. Maybe with a flying spell from AM2 it would have been slightly more enjoyable, but then I'd have the same issue as Jetset, which is that without the random endermen and silverfish being able to reach me, it's just a tankier and slightly more annoying dragon that you have to chase for extended periods of time.