[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Any hints on finding or otherwise getting cactus early on, for the Desert Nova? I have plenty of dye for now, but it seems like the only way to get cactus early on is to luck out finding potted ones in dungeons or villages. Otherwise it seems like I have to get a fair ways into Botania or Witchery to transmute other plants into the prickly suckers. :)

I was just really wanting to get into Ars Magica quickly, to try to head off the iron shortage woes.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Any hints on finding or otherwise getting cactus early on, for the Desert Nova? I have plenty of dye for now, but it seems like the only way to get cactus early on is to luck out finding potted ones in dungeons or villages. Otherwise it seems like I have to get a fair ways into Botania or Witchery to transmute other plants into the prickly suckers. :)

I was just really wanting to get into Ars Magica quickly, to try to head off the iron shortage woes.

When I start off, I always hitup the buildings in villages labeled "Apothocary", they all have a flowerpot with a little cactus in them.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone happen to know which mod it is that adds the cute floating rafts with the end portal blocks?

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
It's Ruins. But I think the floating platforms were disabled in this pack? I haven't found any yet. And not from lack of looking. :) I can see why. They have a lot of loot in them and no spawners or other things that make the getting of said loot dangerous or difficult.

As for the cactus, sadly my spawn doesn't have any villages nearby. I had to platform up before I could explore much on foot.

It's kind of a moot question now, since I am about to get enough mana for an Alchemical Catalyst...but I ask for the sake of others, and in case I want to try a new seed sometime.

Delfugos

Jul 29, 2019
When I am on a Hubris Server my java ran out of memory after 10-20 seconds. I dont have a bad pc( I7-3770 8gb ram and a GTX 970) What can I do?

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Try allocating more memory to Minecraft in the java argument?

Or are you running other memory-intensive applications at the same time as Minecraft?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Personally I just grabbed it via the Botania alchemizing method, but I think you may be able to breed it through Agricraft, then take the resulting produce and place, then pick it back up to get rid of the metadata that comes with it.

Reibushido

Jul 29, 2019
I know the golemancer's bell issue has been reported a few times in the thread and elsewhere, but I have scoured the quest book in full edit mode/single player, there is no quest that awards a golemancer's bell in version 1.4.1 of the pack. I play on a server so the crafting of one crashes the client, and getting one via creative mode isn't something I have access to.

Also, I have seen that there is a continuation of the quest chain under Dark Arts that is locked due to the need to complete another quest that doesn't exist. Is this intentional? I have greatly enjoyed the pack so far and would like to complete the quest book on the server I play on (though I am not through most of the quests there, I only explored the book in edit mode to see this quest that everyone says awards the bell.) and it does not have a server shop or other similar means to allow players to work around the bell issue.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I know the golemancer's bell issue has been reported a few times in the thread and elsewhere, but I have scoured the quest book in full edit mode/single player, there is no quest that awards a golemancer's bell in version 1.4.1 of the pack. I play on a server so the crafting of one crashes the client, and getting one via creative mode isn't something I have access to.

Also, I have seen that there is a continuation of the quest chain under Dark Arts that is locked due to the need to complete another quest that doesn't exist. Is this intentional? I have greatly enjoyed the pack so far and would like to complete the quest book on the server I play on (though I am not through most of the quests there, I only explored the book in edit mode to see this quest that everyone says awards the bell.) and it does not have a server shop or other similar means to allow players to work around the bell issue.

The golemancers bell quest disappeared mid-update when my HQM working data was corrupted. I will be readding that next patch, thank you for reminding me.

The other side of the dark arts requires the crimson cultist book and can only progress when you have the eldritch tab, which is all of the vanilla thaumcraft research.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I just grabbed it via the Botania alchemizing method, but I think you may be able to breed it through Agricraft, then take the resulting produce and place, then pick it back up to get rid of the metadata that comes with it.

It turns out that I am a bit careless! There is a recipe in the modpack that lets you craft a cactus with a slimeball (which you need for the Catalyst too) and 3 seeds. So I'm wacky. It's all good now.

I'm just dipping my toes into Agricraft now...no idea how it works, but I got my wheat seeds growing in the stick things. We'll see what happens. :)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
It turns out that I am a bit careless! There is a recipe in the modpack that lets you craft a cactus with a slimeball (which you need for the Catalyst too) and 3 seeds. So I'm wacky. It's all good now.

I'm just dipping my toes into Agricraft now...no idea how it works, but I got my wheat seeds growing in the stick things. We'll see what happens. :)

Agricraft is pretty simple. You have three stats;
Growth; How fast the crop grows on it's own.
Gain; How many of the result item you get when you harvest it, usually 1 at lvl 1, and 4-5 at lvl 10.
Strength; Not relevant unless you have "weeds" enabled, which this pack doesn't seem to.

Reference; Doubled crop sticks are done by placing crop sticks, then placing crop sticks on the original ones. Seeds always start out at 1,1,1 if gained by drops from grass or crafted from plants, even if the plant they came from is higher level.

There are also a couple methods for spreading and leveling up seeds that can be enabled or disabled: In this pack they spread to nearby empty doubled crop sticks on their own once fully grown, but you need to have two or more full grown plants touching a doubled crop stick to start making the seeds get better stats. The better the stats on the parent plants, and the more of them there are, the better the result.

@DrasticDemise Is there going to be a fix to the trolly thing that's relevant here next update, and if so should I mention it here?

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else getting "archive is corrupt" errors when downloading the 1.4.2 server files through the FTB launcher (unzipping with WinRAR)? It seems to be having an issue with Blood Magic's jar file.

On another note, regarding incentives to play through Twilight Forest: I don't think you need a quest section for Twilight Forest, as the progression mechanics within the mod create a quest line on their own (though a brief "enter Twilight Forest" --> "craft Twilight Map" sequence in the Remembering chapter, much like the current Nether quest, would likely be a good idea). Instead, how about altering crafting recipes to make Twilight Forest progression a prerequisite for advancement in other mods?

There are a ton of flavorful Twilight Forest items: the metals progression (Ironwood, Naga Scale, Silverleaf, Fiery Blood, Knightmetal, Carminite), natural worldgen (Fireflies, Torchberries, Raven Feathers), and even decorative blocks (Naga Stone, Tower Wood). Any of these could be modded into existing crafting recipes to make Twilight Forest a necessary part of progression through Hubris---much as the Terrasteel requirement for the Blood Altar gates Blood Magic behind Botania.

The really cool thing about every single item I've italicized above? Acquiring each of them presents a unique gameplay experience that would spice things up at any stage of the game (Fireflies and Torchberries early on, Carminite towards the end), while making the Twilight Forest an integral part of Hubris rather than a convenient place to find Botania flowers and (those frakking absurdly overpowered---I mean, whoever thought it was a good idea to make whole packs of them spawn with infernal/special buffs needs an icepick lobotomy, administered slowly) wolves.

Delfugos

Jul 29, 2019
My FTB launcher now use 7.75gb of my Ram and it still crashes after some seconds. My Minecraft only crash in Multiplayer when I play Singleplayer all is perfect. Can you please help me? After it crashes I had this Error in the console :
[11:05:16] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Index: 2 Listeners:
[11:05:16] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: 0: NORMAL
[11:05:16] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: 1: ASM: atomicstryker.infernalmobs.common.SaveEventHandler@8ea943f onChunkUnload(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/ChunkEvent$Unload;)V
[11:05:16] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: 2: ASM: drunkmafia.thaumicinfusion.common.event.CommonEventContainer@4b823127 unloadChunk(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/ChunkEvent$Unload;)V
[11:05:16] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: 3: ASM: am2.power.PowerNodeCache@11ebf578 onChunkUnload(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/ChunkEvent$Unload;)V
[11:05:16] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: 4: ASM: am2.AMWorldEventHandler@6fb3c6ca onChunkUnload(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/ChunkEvent$Unload;)V
[11:05:16] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: 5: ASM: net.techbrew.journeymap.forgehandler.ChunkUpdateHandler@110e612d onChunkEvent(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/ChunkEvent;)V
[11:05:16] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Restoring client configs.
[11:05:17] [Client thread/INFO] [journeymap]: Mapping halted in C:\Users\Simon\AppData\Roaming\Hubris\minecraft\journeymap\data\mp\Minecraft~Server\DIM0
[11:05:18] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups