[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
While you CAN use the reservoir, I personally prefer the crystal method since it's easier to store and get specific amounts of essentia from, plus you don't have to do jar management or have a void jar wasting a bunch of it. However, I'd assume you can pipe the stuff into and out of a reservoir just fine, but I haven't played around with it so I'm not sure if there'd be any issue with pipes and where they can be placed on it. On the plus side, having it all in jars means you can use essentia mirrors to fuel your Infusion Altar.

But they're WIZARD towers, of all the things that might survive those are the ones I'd most expect to. ;)
My plan was keeping it in a reservoir and having 64 of it in each jar. What's the limit on how much essentia can be kept in a reservoir?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
My plan was keeping it in a reservoir and having 64 of it in each jar. What's the limit on how much essentia can be kept in a reservoir?
So, from the official wiki;
"Similar to warded jars, essentia can only be received or drained from one side, but unlike the jars, the block's connection can face in any direction (and be changed with the wand). A special feature is that, like buffers, the reservoir is able to store 2 or more essentia types.
The Essentia Reservoir can store a total of 256 points of essentia total, in any combination of aspects.
Reservoirs cannot be drained or filled by hand (right-clicking with or without jars, or glass phials). Golems can work with them, but with some limits -- they are treated as non-jar devices, so they have priority over jars and the golem may ignore other marks if filling a reservoir.
The Infusion Altar (or essentia mirrors) will still drain essentia out of the reservoir just like it would for warded jars.
A further complication for using them in piped systems is that they only have 24 suction, so almost anything else can drain them unless buffers or other protective measures are used."

The issue I have with the things is that they still have the "Only one side can be a output/input side" that jars do. This makes things really hard to automate with anything but golems, which can cause lag of their own because they're entities with pathing. If you try to use the basic essentia pipes, this can back them up horribly and screw up your entire system. Now, in the Regrowth thread people have made some cool and workable setups with the reservoir/jar method, but I think most of them are Infusion Altar only, with other things needing your attention and work.
I'm also not sure how to mark the things. The wiki page doesn't reference a method of doing so, and I'm inclined to think that the normal jar labels wouldn't work. I'm sure it can be done, and it probably looks amazing once it's put together, but I haven't tried to myself so I can't give much more advice than this. XD

Reactions: shade_of_ox

DeLucario

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, i saw a picture with this epic Bricks and Wood Blocks, which mod add those to the game? :D

I marked them on the pictures:

iXXAOvj.png
UbxUGhT.png

Attachments

• iXXAOvj.png
    iXXAOvj.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 35

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
So, from the official wiki;
"Similar to warded jars, essentia can only be received or drained from one side, but unlike the jars, the block's connection can face in any direction (and be changed with the wand). A special feature is that, like buffers, the reservoir is able to store 2 or more essentia types.
The Essentia Reservoir can store a total of 256 points of essentia total, in any combination of aspects.
Reservoirs cannot be drained or filled by hand (right-clicking with or without jars, or glass phials). Golems can work with them, but with some limits -- they are treated as non-jar devices, so they have priority over jars and the golem may ignore other marks if filling a reservoir.
The Infusion Altar (or essentia mirrors) will still drain essentia out of the reservoir just like it would for warded jars.
A further complication for using them in piped systems is that they only have 24 suction, so almost anything else can drain them unless buffers or other protective measures are used."

The issue I have with the things is that they still have the "Only one side can be a output/input side" that jars do. This makes things really hard to automate with anything but golems, which can cause lag of their own because they're entities with pathing. If you try to use the basic essentia pipes, this can back them up horribly and screw up your entire system. Now, in the Regrowth thread people have made some cool and workable setups with the reservoir/jar method, but I think most of them are Infusion Altar only, with other things needing your attention and work.
I'm also not sure how to mark the things. The wiki page doesn't reference a method of doing so, and I'm inclined to think that the normal jar labels wouldn't work. I'm sure it can be done, and it probably looks amazing once it's put together, but I haven't tried to myself so I can't give much more advice than this. XD
I guess I'll have to set up an energized node before I work on this then. Or just finally get into golemancy. That's a shame, my computer doesn't like too many entities and I probably have to use a chunk loader to make the automation keep going as well, right?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'll have to set up an energized node before I work on this then. Or just finally get into golemancy. That's a shame, my computer doesn't like too many entities and I probably have to use a chunk loader to make the automation keep going as well, right?
You are most likely correct, assuming you aren't always going to be near enough to load it yourself. Tbh,this is why I was pushing so hard for help with lava in Spectre earlier in the thread. Because there are so few blocks to load there, a chunk loader does almost nothing to your cpu when placed there. It's only loading a small square with no natural spawning, compared to the entire chunk including flowing liquids and the stuff all the way down to bedrock plus random spawning mobs.

DeLucario

Jul 29, 2019
I recognized it just after i posted :) but i can't find any saws in NEI is there any opinion in the config tu turn on the microblocks?
Thx for your help guys :)

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I recognized it just after i posted :) but i can't find any saws in NEI is there any opinion in the config tu turn on the microblocks?
Thx for your help guys :)
Forge multiparts is not currently in the pack, though I am going to try to include it next update.

ekoman93

Jul 29, 2019
im not sure if you are aware but you have 2 diffrent versions of Botania in 1.3.1 the server .zip from the launcher contains r1.6-192 and the single player has r1.6-190

Mysticus123

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question regarding one of the questlines in the hubris pack. I summoned and killed the winter guardian a few times but the winter guardian quest doesn't become completed. Is that bug known and is there away around it? I'm playing the 1.3.0 version because the newer version isn't out for servers yet.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question regarding one of the questlines in the hubris pack. I summoned and killed the winter guardian a few times but the winter guardian quest doesn't become completed. Is that bug known and is there away around it? I'm playing the 1.3.0 version because the newer version isn't out for servers yet.
1.4.1 fixes the ender dragon and winter guardian quests

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Yampst is currently down. Launching and closing the pack may take longer than expected due to Yampst attempting to send data when it cannot reach the server. This is normal and should (hopefully) not break anything.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Hubris 1.4.2 NON-RECOMMENDED BUILD is now released.
  • Runic dungeons has had major changes, and deleting the runic dungeons dimension folder is recommended to avoid missing ID's or items in the dungeon.
  • Fixed the ender guardian quest
  • Fixed the temple caller
  • Enabled the removal of erroring entities by default. This can be changed in the forge.cfg if it causes issues for you.
  • Added forge multiparts
  • Updated Botania
  • Updated Storage Drawers
  • Updated Runic Dungeons
  • Added reward for calefactor quest.
  • Should now be able to obtain ender shards from enderman in the End. Thank you very much @Matryoshika !!
  • Fixed server files? I should just flip a coin for this.
  • Added a launch GUI linking to the issue tracker.
  • Removed infused seeds quest.

Patzos

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.2 sounds cool! Is there any way to generate pam's gardens? Or be quest reward? I tried the dream world but it's tainted too. Also, vanilla flowers are so hard to find.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.2 sounds cool! Is there any way to generate pam's gardens? Or be quest reward? I tried the dream world but it's tainted too. Also, vanilla flowers are so hard to find.
Pam's seeds and such can be found in village gardens or village trades. You can also crush down botania flowers for dye if that is what you need vanilla flowers for.

Reactions: Patzos

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
You can also cross breed with crop sticks to get the poppies and dandelions for the dyes.

If you do need the actual flowers, I think I had to burn about a stack of bonemeal to get enough poppies to make a rose bush for the thaumcraft ink bush. But i eventually did get the 9 i needed.

Delfugos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I realy like the modpack. But I dont want to play alone in a Single player world. Do you have a good Hubris server? Maybe with 10 or more players?