[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
ok i take that back... starfall + 3xDMG + Wave did the trick... it was like... overkill ^^ but still i just unlocked that silver spell :D

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
@NoElement... sorry i mean Awakened Ichorcloth armor... And i could always kill ppl with bound armor... Rapier from TC in direwolf20 pack and piercing spells from AM2 here.

It would still be nice if someone else could confirm that the ichorcloth robes (awakened or not) have more protection then what they seem to have - aka diamond armor.

And it really seems that bound armor has been nerfed. Testing just revealed, that i CAN get damaged normally, even though it is reduced, atleast against normal physical damage. Well what is the point then?! Though i am a little relieved, since it was a little op, despite its drawback. Now only the tech armors - especially quantum - need some nerfing.

Oh, and while testing, i just found out that while hungry spiders, thief skeletons and hungry zombies can't be infernal - as configured by drastic - hungry zombie pigman can be infernal.

EDIT: I just learned that the talisman of remedium doesn't actually work proper, at the very least it doesn't work against weakening and hunger inflicted by infernals.

Last edited:

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
Bound armor cover 100% if You have a way to obtain enchantment Soul harden.. best way is propably by potion. Before adding that enchantment if blocks only i think 70% ?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Bound armor cover 100% if You have a way to obtain enchantment Soul harden.. best way is propably by potion. Before adding that enchantment if blocks only i think 70% ?

I just read the (little outdated) wiki, and yes, there is. And it's from 90% -> 100%. OR i just use my brand new resistance IV potion for only 3 diamonds, together with my 20 minutes flying potion. And if i read that right, the resistance buff works against armor piercing (each level of resistance means 20% absorbtion of damage). Though i will try and see how effective soul harden is, sooner or later. Blood magic alchemy is so powerful. Even though you need a stack of redstone/glowstone/gunpowder/sugar to get started.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
So I've found that the easiest way to deal with Thaumoreah (not sure if that's how you spell that) is by going into water. This makes it less of a hazard and more of a slight inconvenience, since at my warp level (my sanity checker is just high enough to unlock Eldritch Revelation) it only lasts about 30 seconds. I've set up a pool where I can sit while researching stuff and it's working well.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I highly recommend the Think Tank. Bookshelves are very common (just look for any structure, most have some in there), and once you have the tank set up you never have to worry about research points again.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I highly recommend the Think Tank. Bookshelves are very common (just look for any structure, most have some in there), and once you have the tank set up you never have to worry about research points again.

The think tank gives knowledge fragments, not research points. As a sideinfo, the think tank has an about 1/8 - 1/10 chance to give an knowledge fragment per book. Also, regarding knowlege fragments, there are heaps and bounds of them in the thaumcraft dimension - the far lands. Every block looking like a it has text on it gives one knowlege fragment. Not falling into the nothingness is advisable, though. Furthermore to note: There is a hard limit on how far they bring you. Certain research in Automagy can't even be unlocked, unless you scan certain items from Automagy. And for some of the final research, you need to have the primordial pearl.

As far as warp effects go, never forget: They get weaker over time, unless you do get more warp. (any kind) Even i with my maxed out warp, i only get some "someone is following you" messages every now and then.

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
The think tank gives knowledge fragments, not research points. As a sideinfo, the think tank has an about 1/8 - 1/10 chance to give an knowledge fragment per book. Also, regarding knowlege fragments, there are heaps and bounds of them in the thaumcraft dimension - the far lands. Every block looking like a it has text on it gives one knowlege fragment. Not falling into the nothingness is advisable, though. Furthermore to note: There is a hard limit on how far they bring you. Certain research in Automagy can't even be unlocked, unless you scan certain items from Automagy. And for some of the final research, you need to have the primordial pearl.

As far as warp effects go, never forget: They get weaker over time, unless you do get more warp. (any kind) Even i with my maxed out warp, i only get some "someone is following you" messages every now and then.

you can "eat" knowledge fragments to gain research points like eating dried brains in other packs.

Lonemind

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutely love this pack. I've spent more time on it than I have on any other packs recently.
I'm currently adminning one of the servers listed in the OP and had a question.
In 1.3.1 I had no trouble what-so-ever. Now, in 1.4.1 I am receiving out of memory errors which disconnect me. They typically only occur after so much of the world has been loaded. I can walk for about 5 chunks before running out of memory. I've tried alloctating more memory to minecraft and then less. I've used the FTB launcher and MultiMC to play, both without any change to the problem. Does anyone have any ideas? It's quite hard to run a server when I can't move around. Please let me know what other information you might need.

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
ManufacturerIntel
Speed2.7 GHz
Number of Cores4
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
ManufacturerNVIDIA
ChipsetGeForce GTX 260
Dedicated Memory896 MB
Total Memory2.6 GB
Memory4.1 GB
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack1
Size64 Bit
EditionHome Premium
Display Maximum Resolution1920 x 1080
DVDOptiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
CDOptiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
Drive
Size931.4 GB
Free722.1 GB

Player713

Jul 29, 2019
I've just about completed the thaumcraft quest line and the final quest (afaik) asks for the taintacle ring, which to my knowledge you can only research after scanning a taintacle; however, I read earlier in this thread that taintacle spawning is disabled. Is it just a matter of getting lucky with one spawning somehow (I have seen two in total in this world despite them being disabled)? I'm not sure if this is intended or an oversight, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Great pack by the way. I like a lot of the customization you have put into it.

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019
you can "eat" knowledge fragments to gain research points like eating dried brains in other packs.
Which, if I understand the TC wiki correctly, is the best thing you can do with them now. Unknown Research(what you get from combining the fragments) is no longer needed in order to unlock anything so all it does now is save you some paper and ink. I'd say the research points are a bit more valuable.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutely love this pack. I've spent more time on it than I have on any other packs recently.
I'm currently adminning one of the servers listed in the OP and had a question.
In 1.3.1 I had no trouble what-so-ever. Now, in 1.4.1 I am receiving out of memory errors which disconnect me. They typically only occur after so much of the world has been loaded. I can walk for about 5 chunks before running out of memory. I've tried alloctating more memory to minecraft and then less. I've used the FTB launcher and MultiMC to play, both without any change to the problem. Does anyone have any ideas? It's quite hard to run a server when I can't move around. Please let me know what other information you might need.

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
ManufacturerIntel
Speed2.7 GHz
Number of Cores4
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
ManufacturerNVIDIA
ChipsetGeForce GTX 260
Dedicated Memory896 MB
Total Memory2.6 GB
Memory4.1 GB
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack1
Size64 Bit
EditionHome Premium
Display Maximum Resolution1920 x 1080
DVDOptiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
CDOptiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
Drive
Size931.4 GB
Free722.1 GB

Nothing I can see wrong with your setup, though I'm not sure if the memory count is what you're giving MC or how much the cards on your motherboard actually provide?

Lonemind

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing I can see wrong with your setup, though I'm not sure if the memory count is what you're giving MC or how much the cards on your motherboard actually provide?
How would I go about checking that? Also, it seems to me that if I could force minecraft to flush unused chunk data from the memory rapidly then the problem would subside. Would that not work?

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019
Hrms, just stumbled upon a minor exploit. Had a basic four slot storage drawer holding my gold(coins/nuggets/ingots/ore) and just learned that coins/nuggets are interchangeable. i.e. say I have 50 coins and 50 nuggets, take a coin out, put it in the nugget drawer, I have 49 coins and 51 nuggets. Take a nugget out, put it in the coin drawer and I'm back to 50 coins and 50 nuggets. Essentially means you can turn coins to nuggets without smelting them or turn nuggets into coins to smelt them over and over(say for viteum creation in a calefactor).

How would I go about checking that? Also, it seems to me that if I could force minecraft to flush unused chunk data from the memory rapidly then the problem would subside. Would that not work?
To check your base memory(i.e. how much RAM you have installed), either right click the "My Computer" icon on your desktop(if you have it up there) or open your start menu and right click the "Computer" option on the right. Via the context menu you'll get from that, choose "Properties." Should be a line under the System tab that says, "Installed memory (RAM)."

As for how much RAM is assigned to MC, only way I'm aware of(which doesn't mean there aren't other ways) is via the FTB launcher. Hit "Options" and there should be a slider to set how much MC is allowed to use.

Sadly, that's about as much troubleshooting help I'll be able to provide for this situation.

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
@DrasticDemise

I love this pack. Its a breath of fresh air. I am really enjoying lite weight theme based packs like this.
The only this i changed was i removed the mini map and added Antique Atlas: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227795-antique-atlas
It just feels right in a pack like this. I have my Mage books from the magic mods and a book that stores the map.

Great work on the pack, looking forward to seeing future packs from you.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019

Lol. Just... lol. Whats next, eating gold to become more shiny ?! In any case, i get all my research points from scanning aura nodes all day.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
@Enepttastic

Not really a bug, it's oreDict to nuggetGold by Azanor himself. You should already be able to change a coin to a nugget through a crafting grid.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019

You can right-click knowledge fragments to get primal research points. My point was that, due to the huge amount of structures, getting a ton of books is easy and once you have three or four think tanks set up it becomes the best way, at least at my stage in the game.

The thing with Warp is that I'm scared to research the "opening the eye" thing because I really don't want infernal eldritch guardians murdering me. It's already happened once, that one had about 1000 health and I didn't have great gear at the time... Basically until I can get a bunch of bath salts and soap I won't be doing this.

What's the best way to get elemental shards? I've tried mining but they're not that common, a typical mining trip for me ends with about 20 of each shard, but that's a good half hour of work... Is there any way to automate them?