[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Hungry node off spawn? What use is that? :eek:
hungry nodes grow with each block that they eat so they can potentially be the strongest nodes you will ever find due to that fact. plus once you jar them and place them back into a node stabilizer the hungry modifier is nulified by the stabilizer.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Hungry node off spawn? What use is that? :eek:

hungry nodes grow with each block that they eat so they can potentially be the strongest nodes you will ever find due to that fact. plus once you jar them and place them back into a node stabilizer the hungry modifier is nulified by the stabilizer.

Of course, it would be more safe to turn them into an tainted node first before energizing it. However, you don't need them to make uber-nodes - we have a special mod to make them ourselves - a 120 mechanus node is more then enough for any normal thaumcraft base. And if you need more... then you obviliously have the resources to make more nodes, too.

Btw, hungry nodes aren't rare in this pack - drastic increased the spawn rates. While in the overworld they are semi-rare (mostly because the get turned into tainted ones before long), in the nether and especially in the twilight forest they are semi-common.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, it would be more safe to turn them into an tainted node first before energizing it. However, you don't need them to make uber-nodes - we have a special mod to make them ourselves - a 120 mechanus node is more then enough for any normal thaumcraft base. And if you need more... then you obviliously have the resources to make more nodes, too.

Btw, hungry nodes aren't rare in this pack - drastic increased the spawn rates. While in the overworld they are semi-rare (mostly because the get turned into tainted ones before long), in the nether and especially in the twilight forest they are semi-common.
True but why wouldn't you want to go for overkill.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair the Bow of Bone is also pretty OP. I have one with power IV, flame I, punch II and it's basically killing everything in two hits. It also has autofire which is pretty sick.

This is (I think) mid game, I just got infusion set up. Can't wait to get more OP stuff soon.

With tinkers it's mostly 1 hit kill, and even the wither going down in two hits. Some of the materials from other mods make insane tinkers weapons, and then you can upgrade arrows/bolts as well. With MFR, you make hammers with 40k durability out of rubber. Beyond silly. Tinkers used to be a way to make a pack more difficult :) That is long gone.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
With tinkers it's mostly 1 hit kill, and even the wither going down in two hits. Some of the materials from other mods make insane tinkers weapons, and then you can upgrade arrows/bolts as well. With MFR, you make hammers with 40k durability out of rubber. Beyond silly. Tinkers used to be a way to make a pack more difficult :) That is long gone.
Wow. I'm glad that's not in this pack, I want to at least have to TRY to kill those Battle Tower Golems.
Although the rest of the tower is boring so I usually just fly up and kill the guy first and then quickly sprint down and grab all the loot while it's collapsing. Makes for a pretty fun escape sequence when I reach the bottom floor and recall stone out.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any chances of adding Spice of Life into this pack so that you can't just live off carrot juice? Because this really isn't fair, all you do is farm a skeleton spawner for 5 minutes and you have enough bonemeal to last you a week.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any chances of adding Spice of Life into this pack so that you can't just live off carrot juice? Because this really isn't fair, all you do is farm a skeleton spawner for 5 minutes and you have enough bonemeal to last you a week.
you can always add it yourself.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
you can always add it yourself.
I... can? But... I don't know how to edit modpacks...

No, but serously, I'm asking what the rest of this pack's community thinks about adding that particular mod. I feel like it would be cool and basically make things a lot harder... so maybe make it start VERY late? Like, after you eat 50 food sources or something? I don't know, but I feel like that's enough time to get you through the beginning and after that you shouldn't have problems finding a stable food supply. (Water gardens OP.)

Reactions: wacky444

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
TC bows are no longer so OP. As most of them lost their armor piercing abilities... But if You want OP stuff... Go for Kami stuff (Ichor and thnigs from it) I must jet find a way to kill my friend who got this Ichorcloth armor... (way thats not involving him staying still XD )

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019

No, but serously, I'm asking what the rest of this pack's community thinks about adding that particular mod. I feel like it would be cool and basically make things a lot harder... so maybe make it start VERY late? Like, after you eat 50 food sources or something? I don't know, but I feel like that's enough time to get you through the beginning and after that you shouldn't have problems finding a stable food supply. (Water gardens OP.)

"Harder?" I think the word you're looking for is, "tedious."

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019

To add it all you do is download it from curse or wherever the mod author has posted it to. After that you push the edit modpack and add mod then go where you downloaded it to and just double click it and it will add the mod into the mods folder. Or the other way is to instead of adding it through the launcher instead just add it into the mods folder in your hubris download folder. You would also need to rewrite the configs if you so chose but that is a bit harder than just drag and drop.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
TC bows are no longer so OP. As most of them lost their armor piercing abilities... But if You want OP stuff... Go for Kami stuff (Ichor and thnigs from it) I must jet find a way to kill my friend who got this Ichorcloth armor... (way thats not involving him staying still XD )

The Kami items are powerful, but not because of their sheer protection - blood magic is still the forrunner in that field. And it is much easier to get, too. Granted, there are a lot of ways to make yourself nearly immune with the other mods aswell - just the simple shield magic, combined with 3x buffpower (and a set of fully enchanted armor of course), could make you nigh invincible. Add that Bloodstone to the equation and diamondflesh, and only the void can kill you.

What is much more important comming from thaumic tinkerer is the anti-status effect item. For me, that is the sole reason to have thaumic tinkerer, the other items are neat on comparison.

Seconded. This modpack is not about "what food to eat today", that is magic farm.

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
NoElement: but most of other armor You can bypass with armor piercing. And Ichorcloth armor is protecting You even from that piercing dmg. My spell does 36 dmg to earth elemental.. but it's still just 2 heath of dmg to my friend... and to comparison. Bloodarmor does not protect You from armor piercing dmg. He's got 30 dmg to the chest with bloodmagic armor (-6 for warded buff from warded sanguine helmet)

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
NoElement: but most of other armor You can bypass with armor piercing. And Ichorcloth armor is protecting You even from that piercing dmg. My spell does 36 dmg to earth elemental.. but it's still just 2 heath of dmg to my friend... and to comparison. Bloodarmor does not protect You from armor piercing dmg. He's got 30 dmg to the chest with bloodmagic armor (-6 for warded buff from warded sanguine helmet)

Ichorcloth armor got a hidden buff since the last time i used it, huh. Or he has the magic resist enchant on his armor. Or he used reflect. And of course Bound armor does not "protect you" per se - it simply redirects the damage to your soulnetwork, where it gets deducted from your life essence. But if i read that right, he was not using the full set anyway - the sanguine helmet does not count as a replacement for the bound helmet, he has to use the full bound armor for the protection to kick in.

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019
Hrms....I think my current world is the first one I've had where I'm having issues locating a decent amount of chimerite. Anyone happen to know a good depth to reliably find it?

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
@NoElement Still nope :p WE tested Ichorcloth armor before addidng enchantments. And as for Sanguine helmet.. You can add warding to it and then Put it into one upgrade slot of Bound helmet. You get 2 upgrade slots per armor part if You use demon blood shard instead of normal blood shard.
Also You can now put thaumium armor into Bounding ritual to get their Bloodmagic version that give You sweet discount bonus to vis usage. And If You put warding on those, You can then get same warding if You put those armor parts into Your bound armor... Crazy interactions...
But my friend has over 80 hours of gameplay with Thaumcraft and addons to it. and i just have 30 hours where most of it was AM2 :p So i don't think i will be beating him soon enough :p

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, kami is pretty silly. I ignore it or just turn it off. Overpowered mods are pretty much what's killing minecraft for me. I enjoy playing on a server, but it seems like the game consists of making a crappy dirt base and then rushing OP mods for a dick waving contest of who has the most OP equipment.

I'm just having fun with Hubris, and 75% of my time is spent building things while slowly exploring mods I haven't messed with or going through dungeons and dying a lot.

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
But if You want OP stuff... Go for Kami stuff (Ichor and thnigs from it) I must jet find a way to kill my friend who got this Ichorcloth armor... (way thats not involving him staying still XD )
I would suggest a combo spell of projectile entangled buff x3>rune of self zone> projectile blizzard dmg x3.

If you hit him it will stop him place a rune that he will trigger making you cast a self zone that turns you into a blizzard gattling gun. Good luck

Otherwise your best bet is witchery magic curses ect

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, didn't think of that. What I was envisioning was finding food in dungeons and stuff, but that's dangerous so most people probably would just have to farm a bunch of crops.
I may add it myself and play the way I want, but I'm already basically doing that anyway.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
@NoElement Still nope :p WE tested Ichorcloth armor before addidng enchantments. And as for Sanguine helmet.. You can add warding to it and then Put it into one upgrade slot of Bound helmet. You get 2 upgrade slots per armor part if You use demon blood shard instead of normal blood shard.
Also You can now put thaumium armor into Bounding ritual to get their Bloodmagic version that give You sweet discount bonus to vis usage. And If You put warding on those, You can then get same warding if You put those armor parts into Your bound armor... Crazy interactions...
But my friend has over 80 hours of gameplay with Thaumcraft and addons to it. and i just have 30 hours where most of it was AM2 :p So i don't think i will be beating him soon enough :p

What. Unenchanted Ichorcloth Robes - the normal ones - are "only" a set of indestructable diamond armor, and that would only absorb pure physical damage. The advanced version has lava, drown and fall damage immunity, but it shouldn't - especially unenchanted - fully absorb endgame AM2 spells. Can someone else confirm this ?

From what you are telling me, including your friends warding + bound armor combo, it sound more like it bugs out, if you can kill him. (Pure) Bound armor absorbs ALL damage, no matter the source - it is the magic equivalent of quantum armor, after all! I stroll around in bound armor everywhere, and as long as i have life essence in my soul network, i never go below full health.