[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my. I just tested the damage increase from pounce V. When im in the air, my damage from my force spell increases from 7,15 hearts to 16,46 hearts ! But maybe it only increases physical damage, so additional testing will be neccesary.

EDIT: Whelp, even several holy hand grenades weren't able to stop that golem. Doesn't help that he literally buried himself in the water. Oh, and don't throw those holy hand grenades at the testing puppet. You will crash.

When I was testing out pounce, it seemed to be +25% damage per enchant level, and it applied to everything: swords, bows, spells, wand foci, excalibur beams. Everything that I tried worked.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 19799
Now THIS is a boss.

View attachment 19800

However, after an titanic fight which went on for an whole minecraft day, we had an draw: He regens up to the middle of his life, and my strongest attack just wasn't good enough.

Also take note of the gigantic thaumic slime to the left. Btw, my armor is enchanted with protection 4... and he still was able, thanks to storm + wither, to often reduce me to 3 hearts... you have been warned!

Tbh, I usually clear those towers (the ones that go from the ground up anyway) to about three lvls from the top, then make that level a giant obsidian pit that the golem will fall into once he tried to break his way down. Then make sure he comes down on the opposite side from the chests, and you'll still have all the spawners from the lower floors and the loot, without having to kill him first, or at all if you want to turn it into a mob grinder.

I just planted my first ethereal blooms. Loved seeing all that tainted soil go back to just plain dirt.

If you break a bloom will everything go back to all purple and do you lose the bloom? I turned some of my grass green in the interior of the base and would like to reuse them for more terraforming and extending my taint free land.

I believe the procedure here is to make a perimeter of the blooms so that the taint can't spread back in, and then gradually move it outward.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Well then. I dunno if this goes into my top 10 Greatest BS of all time, but...

As mentioned before, i went into an dungeon near the already mentioned golem. Deeper inside, a blood moon started, and at the exact same moment i was surprised by an INSANELY (im talking about four - five chunks per second here! And no, i didn't lag, i saw him visibly moving) hungry baby zombie which promptly stole my spellbook and my witchwood wand with the uprising foci. So far, so bad. Behind him were about 20+ more armored zombies with two infernals. Since that zombie stole my only means of quick escape, i had to fight them. Sadly, either because of the confusion or because they destroy the stuff they steal, he didn't gave me back my wand and/or my spellbook, unlike the hungry spiders.

... needless to say, i was quite... rustled.

... bah. Atleast i got a few infinity orbs out of the deal. But i guess it was time for a new way of vis storage anyway!

Tbh, I usually clear those towers (the ones that go from the ground up anyway) to about three lvls from the top, then make that level a giant obsidian pit that the golem will fall into once he tried to break his way down. Then make sure he comes down on the opposite side from the chests, and you'll still have all the spawners from the lower floors and the loot, without having to kill him first, or at all if you want to turn it into a mob grinder. [...]

Mobgrinder out of one of these? Nah. If i were to use them, i would use the right foci for the job. However, i do use about the same method, i go up the tower until i see him on the minimap, then i go outside and fight him - i would let him drop a few stories, then i go to the top and retrieve what wasn't destroyed.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, quick question. Is there a way to move/pickup spawners currently in hubris?

Yes, there are atleast two of the top of my head. There is a foci that enables you to do that... though it takes a lot of vis to do that. Oh, and a netherstar if i remember correctly. Or you could do the cheaty way with the diamond dolly.

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there are atleast two of the top of my head. There is a foci that enables you to do that... though it takes a lot of vis to do that. Oh, and a netherstar if i remember correctly. Or you could do the cheaty way with the diamond dolly.
Last time I tried, diamond dollies couldn't be crafted. But I've been using the Thaumic Tinkerer's dislocation focus to move spawners. With my witchwood wand, by the time I set the spawner down, the vis is already recharged. :)

Agony

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting okay i'll have to look into those, also about finding the twilight forest portal..... it seems like an impossible task.. any advise?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to hear that diamond dollys aren't able to be crafted- Not that i would use them anyway.

Interesting okay i'll have to look into those, also about finding the twilight forest portal..... it seems like an impossible task.. any advise?

Really that hard to find one? In journal map, you can see them as small purple squares. And in case you don't know: Twilight forest is much more dangerous in this modpack - i would highly recommend having something like terrasteel when you enter, and watch the treetops...

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
Any plans to update Forge in this? We'd really like to setup a server for it but the Climate Control fixes in cauldron are only in Forge 1408 so if we put that on the server there will be tons of fluid related crashes.

Agony

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to hear that diamond dollys aren't able to be crafted- Not that i would use them anyway.

Really that hard to find one? In journal map, you can see them as small purple squares. And in case you don't know: Twilight forest is much more dangerous in this modpack - i would highly recommend having something like terrasteel when you enter, and watch the treetops...

Spent like... 2 hours with flying spell looking for a portal, no luck so far

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
ya i think the adventures backpack is more of a problem than anything in this modpack, i think its called compact storage which i think would help alot while some of better end chest and backpacks are big there alot more expensive costing almost a stack of iron ingots and iron bars along with 16 or 32 wool to make so maybe this and a fluid storage? giving suggestions since it seems to me i'm not the only one that the bug keeps annoying.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
The Ars Magica appropriation spell might work for moving spawners. Blood magic's teleposers probably work, too. They can also move aura nodes.

Agony

Jul 29, 2019

Any chance you have a picture of it on your map?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
@NoElement give you two methods and Ars Magica give you a third : ritual of corruption to move spawner and crystal phylactery to reactivate te spawn ability.

Agony

Jul 29, 2019
@NoElement give you two methods and Ars Magica give you a third : ritual of corruption to move spawner and crystal phylactery to reactivate te spawn ability.

How do I get them to start spawning again once I have a full crystal phylactery inside the insert spawner and hooked it up to my black aurem but it's not receiving any of the power when I check it.. still says 0 dark in the spawner

Last edited:

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Im absolutely certain now that the wipsy dreamcatcher does nothing. I deequiped it, and i got nearly the same damage as before from standing around tainted land. bah.

Spent like... 2 hours with flying spell looking for a portal, no luck so far

Really?! I have half a dozen in my 2000x2000 realm !

EDIT: WHAT ?! My AM2 Crafting altar just EXPLODED ?!

Last edited:

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: WHAT ?! My AM2 Crafting altar just EXPLODED ?!
Seems the spell you tried to create was too complicated. There's a chance it does this when your altar's blocks you used are too low tier.
I don't know the specifics of your setup and neither I remember the exact numbers but that's what I remember happening to me once too. I do remember the AM2 book explaining this somewhat.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Seems the spell you tried to create was too complicated. There's a chance it does this when your altar's blocks you used are too low tier.
I don't know the specifics of your setup and neither I remember the exact numbers but that's what I remember happening to me once too. I do remember the AM2 book explaining this somewhat.

No one told me it would EXPLODE. What is this, Gregtech ?! Great. And of course, AFTER i used my materials ! Bah. I just wanted to make an complex spell to level up my magic, so i finally could get a red skillpoint for flying.