[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.3 is pending to update tonight or tomorrow, change log is posted in the main thread.

Was about time you removed Herobrine! Finally, someone did it. Mojang just can't get their things straight! :3

Also, i just ignore adventurer backpacks, instead i use an ender pouch i found in an "doom-like dungeon". Which apperantly also spawn in the nether.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
  • Removed talisman of nourishment quest. Curse you hunger overhaul!
You didn't have to remove the quest. You just have to change the config in HO to turn off well fed buff and it works. So it's a toss up between slight regen or auto eating food.

Yishai

Jul 29, 2019
I am really really beginning to hate Adventurer's Backpacks. I've had it happen multiple times where I'm killed and the backpack doesn't properly drop. It doesn't go on the ground like it's supposed to, it doesn't end up in my gravestone, and even cheating a soulbound enchantment onto it doesn't work. About 1/3 of the time, if I die with a backpack on, the thing just vanishes and takes all my stored gear with it.

It's a major shame, because the functionality of the backpack is *great* otherwise -- handy crafting, sleeping bag when I'm exploring, fluid storage (something in very short supply in this modpack) -- but if it consistently is going to vaporize a third of my inventory, then I'm gonna delete the mod and install OpenBlocks instead.

Could be because of the taint.
It just cant find a free spot to place the back.

Had gravestones 10-20blocks away from my actual deathpoint.

Psygantic

Jul 29, 2019
I am really really beginning to hate Adventurer's Backpacks. I've had it happen multiple times where I'm killed and the backpack doesn't properly drop. It doesn't go on the ground like it's supposed to, it doesn't end up in my gravestone, and even cheating a soulbound enchantment onto it doesn't work. About 1/3 of the time, if I die with a backpack on, the thing just vanishes and takes all my stored gear with it.

Try looking around nearby. I've found that it tends to park itself on the ground a short distance away. Extremely annoying, but not always the disaster it seems to be at first.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is fun, and the coupling heavy taint with standard world generation and dungeons does make for a really different experience.

My only problem so far (apart from my first map ending in a failure due to my mistakes) is that every now and then, the game will desync like it would on a remote server, but without the disconnect.
It does fix itself by going back to the main menu and loading the world again, but it still is a bit frustrating when you are in the middle of doing something.

Other than that, not having any real tech and having only magic and exploration makes for a completely different experience to what I usually play, so it's definitely fun.
It is not for people having no clue on what to do initially though, because things can get really hardcore very fast if you stay on a corruption-heavy part of the map.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
[...] things can get really hardcore very fast if you stay on a corruption-heavy part of the map.

You mean, like me ?
2015-05-28_12.56.02.png

It is quite easy to see which blocks are chunkloaded, thanks to the taint.

Reactions: Pudding01

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I meant even worse, I tried to settle on a small river near a village, much like the one at your west-south-west.

When you start near an ocean, the difficulty lowers greatly, because you can find the nice structure that floats on it, with beds, loot chests and even an enchanting table, and with a few torches, it becomes a safe ground, where you only need to bring a few seeds, saplings and dirt.

Hell, my current map gave me easy access to one with a patch of grass with a tombstone, meaning that I can make a pasture for animals to spawn, and the ocean floor is around y 46, and I got a nice little mineshaft not too far from my ladder down, meaning that I can get quite a lot done pretty early on.

But yeah, if you don't choose wisely, you can end up with an environment that won't let you survive until you get enough supplies to start clearing the taint.
The combination of elite monsters and blood moons makes for really frightening nights, where you hole up and pray that nothing starts a fire on your wooden entrance.

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
With all of the updates and expansion of the quests I figure it's about time I get off my slightly cheaty ocean and restart a world 'properly'.

Since I'm not a fan of Thaumcraft (blasphemy I know) I have been looking into alternate ways to clear taint. I was hoping for an addon that added the ability to other mods like a AM2 spell component, bloodmagic ritual etc. Sadly there is none, although with the success of Hubris someone will mash some api's together and create one at some point.

So I figured I'd create some balanced minetweaker recipe's that will let you create Ethereal blooms with items from other mods. Not having played Thaumcraft much makes it difficult to estimate what the level of investment should be.

My question to you is what should the ingredients be?

It should require the same investment in a mod as it does into Thaumcraft and should have the same resource investment.
For Botania I'm thinking of gating it behind the Alfheim portal, for Ars magica using a High Essence core and for Bloodmagic requiring a lv 4 altar maybe?

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
With all of the updates and expansion of the quests I figure it's about time I get off my slightly cheaty ocean and restart a world 'properly'.

Since I'm not a fan of Thaumcraft (blasphemy I know) I have been looking into alternate ways to clear taint. I was hoping for an addon that added the ability to other mods like a AM2 spell component, bloodmagic ritual etc. Sadly there is none, although with the success of Hubris someone will mash some api's together and create one at some point.

So I figured I'd create some balanced minetweaker recipe's that will let you create Ethereal blooms with items from other mods. Not having played Thaumcraft much makes it difficult to estimate what the level of investment should be.

My question to you is what should the ingredients be?

It should require the same investment in a mod as it does into Thaumcraft and should have the same resource investment.
For Botania I'm thinking of gating it behind the Alfheim portal, for Ars magica using a High Essence core and for Bloodmagic requiring a lv 4 altar maybe?
You can use a biome painter from Random Things and just paint areas with the Eerie or the Magical Forest biomes, since taint doesn't spread to those.

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the oceans do make things really easy so I would suggest finding a mod that has hostel aquatic mobs and or some way to make salt water hurt the player (any water in "ocean" biome similar to how twilight forest does biome effects) this would make it so changing the biome to river would be a way to purify the oceans or maybe even have a new biome (tainted ocean) that you purify to ocean.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I meant even worse, I tried to settle on a small river near a village, much like the one at your west-south-west.

When you start near an ocean, the difficulty lowers greatly, because you can find the nice structure that floats on it, with beds, loot chests and even an enchanting table, and with a few torches, it becomes a safe ground, where you only need to bring a few seeds, saplings and dirt.

Hell, my current map gave me easy access to one with a patch of grass with a tombstone, meaning that I can make a pasture for animals to spawn, and the ocean floor is around y 46, and I got a nice little mineshaft not too far from my ladder down, meaning that I can get quite a lot done pretty early on.

But yeah, if you don't choose wisely, you can end up with an environment that won't let you survive until you get enough supplies to start clearing the taint.
The combination of elite monsters and blood moons makes for really frightening nights, where you hole up and pray that nothing starts a fire on your wooden entrance.

Hm. Fair enough. Granted, it can't get even more corrupted then what i have, and traveling inside the nearby dungeons is annoying, since the taint tendrils stop placement of torches or direct usage of the light spell, on top of the constant taint poison. But, atleast taint swarms and tentacles are deactivated, which would make the early game hard.

But as long as i watch for sneaky taint tendrils growth on the water (which can only happen if you destroy the block without destroying the tendril first), im relativly save on my elevated platform, even on a bloodmoon. And besides spawners, only taint creepers and taint slimes spawn, which - as far as i remeber- have never been infernal so far for me. So, those are some plus points.

I did actually spawned near an ocean, - about 2500 blocks to the south-west - but i prefered to wander the lands first to get some good artifacts, then i setteled near that village because some of the houses were / are safe from the taint. In fact, two villagers still live !

My choice why i didn't make a home in the ocean was because of dryad spawning still being activated when i started that map.

Finally, i hope everyone undertands that i will post full pictures instead of attaching them to my posts - attachments can't be seen by people who aren't logged in.

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my base in its glory.
http://imgur.com/a/lOOPR

I started near an ocean and slowly chipped away at fibrous taint on the shoreline and beat it back with torches until I had a decent sized area to build. I did the same on some nearby small islands and I also have a gated pure node not too far away which has a hobgoblin and a variety of animals running around.

Reactions: NoElement

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my base in its glory.
http://imgur.com/a/lOOPR

I started near an ocean and slowly chipped away at fibrous taint on the shoreline and beat it back with torches until I had a decent sized area to build. I did the same on some nearby small islands and I also have a gated pure node not too far away which has a hobgoblin and a variety of animals running around.

The great corruption, thwarted by torches ! Again. Well then ! Let me show you my base too.

2015-05-28_20.34.38.png

Not much to see, but i restarted after the "no ores in twilight forest update". In the upper middle of the picture, with the barrels, was a single Villager hut in the water, where i set my main spawn. After a while, i moved out into the water. As for lights, i use mage lights at the moment (the light spell from AM2).

To the left you see my botania area, to the middle my AM2 area, and in the top right my Thaumcraft area. The infusion altar got an special 27x27 area, since thats the maximum range for the altar to find stabilization items. They are down below and consist mostly of candles and some skulls here and there. Im actually moving towards an 17x17 field of infusion stabilization items, which will be more then enough. Some animals (including some chickens, but you don't see them from this distance) are inside some paving stones of warding, but i grew short of fire shards... I have my own area secured with some warding stones, just in case somehow anyone sneaks up to me when im researching. Btw, im always short of ordo and ear research points... so many things need them! On the flipside, i have nearly 400+ perditio and 500+ taint research points...

The nether portal is up there in case an infernal hellhound spawns through it. Don't laugh! That happened to me before, in another modpack. However, i always use the dimension stones instead. In the upper right you see another village house, standing in water, securing one of the two remaining villagers.

Finally, as you can see in the down left, i tried out the kekimurus with one of the "cake artifacts". I got a total of 1/3 of a mana pool from an "stone dagger of icing". Its good, but not OP.

bigminer

Jul 29, 2019

It's a major shame, because the functionality of the backpack is *great* otherwise -- handy crafting, sleeping bag when I'm exploring, fluid storage (something in very short supply in this modpack) -- but if it consistently is going to vaporize a third of my inventory, then I'm gonna delete the mod and install OpenBlocks instead.

I feel your pain. That has happened to me a couple of times. I have learned to pull a copy from the backups that occur every 30 minutes and restore things the way the were before any kind of disaster like that.

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
I was just almost killed by an Infernal tainted SHEEP!? what the?! :eek:

And I STILL have yet to come across an ocean... >.<

EbeneezerSquid

Jul 29, 2019
And I STILL have yet to come across an ocean... >.<
I started my world well back (0.9.8 ish), but it appears that Hubris is very Asian in nature. You are either in Manchuria (no ocean for thousands of chunks in all directions) or on the pacific rim (once you are on the water, good luck finding the other side!)

Last edited:

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
-Plays modpack for the very first time- Well I cant just sit here, I will starve. Going into the taint and getting food will be hard. Oh look a twilight forest portal! I am so lucky! -5 seconds later- Mommy ;-;

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Additional testing with the cake artifacts shows that the ones made out of better materials give more cake aswell - an iron ring of icing gave me double the cakes then the stone dagger mentioned before.

Sadly, thanks to cow milk cooldown, using the kekimurus without the cake artifacts could make it... inefficent.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Additional testing with the cake artifacts shows that the ones made out of better materials give more cake aswell - an iron ring of icing gave me double the cakes then the stone dagger mentioned before.

Sadly, thanks to cow milk cooldown, using the kekimurus without the cake artifacts could make it... inefficent.

Aer infused fire :) Just don't let it out.

Reactions: NoElement