[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help. So I am very new to this modpack and I noticed a strange hole in the ground. I got sucked into the middle of it and I fell out of the world. I cant get to my stuff. Any idea what this is and how to combat it?

EDIT: I noticed that there is an aura node in the very center.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help. So I am very new to this modpack and I noticed a strange hole in the ground. I got sucked into the middle of it and I fell out of the world. I cant get to my stuff. Any idea what this is and how to combat it?

Sounds like a hungry node. Keep away unless you got the necessary tools to handle them.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019

How to avoid hungry nodes:

1. When you hear blocks breaking without your influence, thats a hungry node breaking them.
2. When you see broken blocks, like trees missing some of their stumps, that means a hungry node is nearby.
3. IF a mob is lifted up, thats a hungry node.
4. For reasons stated above, no traveling in an ocean with an boat. Ever. (Until you have fast flight or similar, anyway.)

Also, never forget: Hungry nodes quickly become tainted nodes by becoming tainted in the tainted land.

Finally, search for towers - they have traps, but also good loot and no enemies (besides irrelevant golems in the basement, which don't guard anything)- just watch out for invisible blocks in the first floor dropping you into an spike pit.

Aer infused fire :) Just don't let it out.

Ahahaha, yes, this will supply me with all the deserts i could ever want.

... still going to try it out, lets see what it does to the taint.

EDIT: Absolutely nothing.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Just toss it on some water

Aer imbued fire can't be "tossed". It can only be used directly. Are we talking about the same thing here?

EDIT: So, i tried out the infernal blast furnace today. Doesn't seem to use extra ignis, it already has pretty decent speed (especially in comparsion to something like an railcraft blast furnace! ) Since it has those small holes on all the sides, i figured that where some arcane bellows would fit well. Regarding the output, it seems to use the southern output. I guess i just have replace the bellows there with an hungry chest. Overall, it is the best ore trippleing i have seen so far !

Last edited:

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having issues with alchemite crashing with ticking entity? It appears it is only happening on a server.

Last edited:

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
For my 2 cents on early bases I play on hardcore and am on my 20th life and the best system I have found so far is to spend the 1st few days on the move (fast) to get quite a few ruins feeding off of the NICE food that comes with that pick up as many white flowers as I find up to one stack (to be later used to make floral fertilizer). Then when I am running out of inventory space I look to find a RPG dungeon (round tower with a staircase into a room blocked off by iron bars) and I use the 1st floor of this as my 1st base recovering it from the taint room by room instead of fighting on the surface (BLOOD MOONS SUUUUUUUUUCK) from this 1st base I can just expand it out digging out rooms if I need to until I get ethereal blooms. going deeper in my dungeon to get more loot and only occasionally having to go top side for a few things (like long grass to get a pasture seed for grass). Besides going for an ocean base witch I feel is a bit of a shame as you are playing this pack for the challenge of the taint not just to make a magic sea base (you can do that on many many packs). If you want pics I can post them.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Aer imbued fire can't be "tossed". It can only be used directly. Are we talking about the same thing here?

EDIT: So, i tried out the infernal blast furnace today. Doesn't seem to use extra ignis, it already has pretty decent speed (especially in comparsion to something like an railcfat blast furnace! ) Since it has those small holes on all the sides, i figured that where some arcane bellows would fit well. Regarding the output, it seems to use the southern output. I guess i just have replace the bellows there with an hungry chest. Overall, it is the best ore trippleing i have seen so far !

Place it on a block surrounded by water :)

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I mentioned this a few versions back but didn't see a fix in the change logs. And as of 1.2.4, the ender dragon quest is still broken. As I said it's probably checking for the vanilla version rather than the hardcore expansion version.

I built myself an inventarium. It's pretty neat, but I'm a bit disappointed with how long each transaction takes. Still, there's something cool about having a team of golems acting as porters and an enchanted brain keeping my inventory organized.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I mentioned this a few versions back but didn't see a fix in the change logs. And as of 1.2.4, the ender dragon quest is still broken. As I said it's probably checking for the vanilla version rather than the hardcore expansion version.

I built myself an inventarium. It's pretty neat, but I'm a bit disappointed with how long each transaction takes. Still, there's something cool about having a team of golems acting as porters and an enchanted brain keeping my inventory organized.
Urrrrg. I will put that on my list to be fixed, thank you :)

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I have to admit, i have no clue what you want from me and the aer imbued fires. And even IF it would create desserts instead of desert, it would cost to much. Carrying on with other things...

I will never understand people playing minecraft on hardcore. It is all well and good for shorter games, but minecraft?

Also, the now working fury spell from the same quest: While it increases damage by quite a chunk (From 0,5 hearts to 3 hearts with my fist, it even increases my spelldamage by the same flat amount, maybe because its physical? ) the downsides make it... inefficent. Getting the mark/recall spell is nice though, and even only cause i don't have to use as many enderpearls then before.

Finally, i enchanted an magicbane with the osmotic enchanter. (sharpness 5, looting 3, unbreaking 3, vampirism 2) It now deals 14,125 hearts worth of damage.

Oh and btw: What is everyone's choice of midgame armor? Battlemage? Terrasteel? Fortress Armor? Maybe even the voidmage robes?!

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
2015-05-29_15.14.12.png

Now THIS is a boss.

2015-05-29_15.39.07.png

However, after an titanic fight which went on for an whole minecraft day, we had an draw: He regens up to the middle of his life, and my strongest attack just wasn't good enough.

Also take note of the gigantic thaumic slime to the left. Btw, my armor is enchanted with protection 4... and he still was able, thanks to storm + wither, to often reduce me to 3 hearts... you have been warned!

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I have to admit, i have no clue what you want from me and the aer imbued fires. And even IF it would create desserts instead of desert, it would cost to much. Carrying on with other things...

I will never understand people playing minecraft on hardcore. It is all well and good for shorter games, but minecraft?

Also, the now working fury spell from the same quest: While it increases damage by quite a chunk (From 0,5 hearts to 3 hearts with my fist, it even increases my spelldamage by the same flat amount, maybe because its physical? ) the downsides make it... inefficent. Getting the mark/recall spell is nice though, and even only cause i don't have to use as many enderpearls then before.

Finally, i enchanted an magicbane with the osmotic enchanter. (sharpness 5, looting 3, unbreaking 3, vampirism 2) It now deals 14,125 hearts worth of damage.

Oh and btw: What is everyone's choice of midgame armor? Battlemage? Terrasteel? Fortress Armor? Maybe even the voidmage robes?!

Osmotic enchanter is pretty OP, but it's also (I think) the most difficult infusion with an instability of 15. Even the awakened ichorcloth robes only have around 12. I guess I "balance" it and make it difficult for myself by only using the dropped mob heads as stabilizers. That at least paces my progression with regards to infusion. Have you unlocked the wrath enchant in forbidden magic? It works with the osmotic enchanter, and it's an extra layer of sharpness. It put my +10 weapons (primordial claymore, excaliber, cursed spirit blade) up to +22.5. Oh, and the pounce enchantment (for leg armor) is kinda brokenly good. It works while flying, which many mods add, and it seems to apply to everything, even spell damage.

For endgame armor, terrasteel is the easy one to get. Mana is super easy to produce once you've secured a large enough area. I've tried out a lot of them but I tend to end up at ichorcloth or bound blood armor. In this pack Ichorcloth/stratosphere robes are pretty much an upgrade to terrasteel, because you're effectively removing the mana cost and condensing the flying from your amulet slot into your armor slot. Look up the blood magic bound armor if you're not familiar with it; it's basically a magic version of modular power suits.

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I just planted my first ethereal blooms. Loved seeing all that tainted soil go back to just plain dirt.

If you break a bloom will everything go back to all purple and do you lose the bloom? I turned some of my grass green in the interior of the base and would like to reuse them for more terraforming and extending my taint free land.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
The etheral bloom will only protect while it is there.

Osmotic enchanter is pretty OP, but it's also (I think) the most difficult infusion with an instability of 15. Even the awakened ichorcloth robes only have around 12. I guess I "balance" it and make it difficult for myself by only using the dropped mob heads as stabilizers. That at least paces my progression with regards to infusion. Have you unlocked the wrath enchant in forbidden magic? It works with the osmotic enchanter, and it's an extra layer of sharpness. It put my +10 weapons (primordial claymore, excaliber, cursed spirit blade) up to +22.5. Oh, and the pounce enchantment (for leg armor) is kinda brokenly good. It works while flying, which many mods add, and it seems to apply to everything, even spell damage.

For endgame armor, terrasteel is the easy one to get. Mana is super easy to produce once you've secured a large enough area. I've tried out a lot of them but I tend to end up at ichorcloth or bound blood armor. In this pack Ichorcloth/stratosphere robes are pretty much an upgrade to terrasteel, because you're effectively removing the mana cost and condensing the flying from your amulet slot into your armor slot. Look up the blood magic bound armor if you're not familiar with it; it's basically a magic version of modular power suits.

The part with the magicbane is just so everyone gets an idea how powerful it can get. I prefer ranged combat all day. Im aware of the wrath enchant, - from another modpack - but i have no research points left... which i tried to get, but mister giant undying got in the way... now he rages above me while i scavenge the nearby dungeon. I made the osmotic enchanter just so i don't die from an infernal before i can make my escape. I see where you are getting at with being a bit OP, though. On the flipside, infusion enchanting does the same thing, but is heaps and bounds more costly. In the end, i still could get killed... unless i would get a resistance V potion. ;) But that the pounce enchant even helps with ranged weapons is interesting... i have to try that at home.

Regarding the armor, i was just curious. I know all the main armors, but i never tried things like the voidrobes. I could get the terrasteel armor too, but the battlemage armor repairs itself aswell and helps with my mana, too. Personally, i think the fortress armor is most powerful midgame armor... didn't test it against infernals though, i made it in another modpack without them. Endgame however is ALWAYS bound armor. While the TTKami stuff is powerful and has many neat abilitys, it can't keep up with the bound armor's sheer protection. I will get flight through AM2 means soon enough.

Ballza000

Jul 29, 2019
I've been breaking and moving ethereal blooms, no problem with taint returning, but keep an eye out tainted nodes, they will return the taint .

Tfree77

Jul 29, 2019

If you don't know what he's talking about, stay away from the Aer Infused Fire. You'll destroy your world. But, you can get around the cool down for milking cows by using a Dynamism Tablet. With a few golem crafting tables, you can make 4 Pam's Cheesecakes per milk bucket.

Reactions: NoElement

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't know what he's talking about, stay away from the Aer Infused Fire. You'll destroy your world. But, you can get around the cool down for milking cows by using a Dynamism Tablet. With a few golem crafting tables, you can make 4 Pam's Cheesecakes per milk bucket.

That is a good trick... even though it sounds a little cheaty. However, i wanted to try other means of mana production... the primal focus attack is an explosion, yes? And regarding that aer infused stuff, i know. He was just joking about the dessert-desert thing. Though it can't do much (read: null) against the taint. And it quickly gives up against rain. AND there is an antidote.

Tfree77

Jul 29, 2019
That is a good trick... even though it sounds a little cheaty. However, i wanted to try other means of mana production... the primal focus attack is an explosion, yes? And regarding that aer infused stuff, i know. He was just joking about the dessert-desert thing. Though it can't do much (read: null) against the taint. And it quickly gives up against rain. AND there is an antidote.

I just like to tell people to be careful with Aer Infused Fire. I know how to use it pretty effectively, but it still managed to get free in one of my rftools ages in a previous pack due to an unfortunate incident with a Terrashatterer. If I hadn't been an OP on the server, I'd have lost the dimension because Perditio Infused Fire isn't nearly as effective as Aer Infused. On the primal focus thing, that MAY work, but I think Vazkii coded the Entropynium to only work with TNT explosions. I think she changed it when someone posted a setup of an ExU TNT generator giving out free mana with the entropynium. I've tested creeper explosions before, and I know they don't work. I'd be interested in finding out if Primal focus explosions work because that would be pretty interesting.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my. I just tested the damage increase from pounce V. When im in the air, my damage from my force spell increases from 7,15 hearts to 16,46 hearts ! But maybe it only increases physical damage, so additional testing will be neccesary.

EDIT: Whelp, even several holy hand grenades weren't able to stop that golem. Doesn't help that he literally buried himself in the water. Oh, and don't throw those holy hand grenades at the testing puppet. You will crash.

Last edited: