[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
For Ars Magica spells, I use utility-based damage ones, like one that slows, knockback, and fling all at once, to keep Mobs off of me long enough to get my Cursed Spirit Blade's damage ready. Have to change my bauble necklace out from the speed boost Artifact to the Amulet of Strength I made.

As for Talisman of Nourishment, I turned off the Well Fed Buff in the Hunger Overhaul config. once I make the talisman, it should work, as buffing food items aren't consumed for use with the Talisman. Without a buff, it should work well enough.

EDIT: creative'd one in to test without well fed buff, and yes, it works. Just turn off well fed buff in the configs and you'll do fine.

Last edited:

blazing_chaos

Jul 29, 2019
I found an exploit. It used to be that 4 sticks = 1 crop, right? Which means 1 crop = 4 sticks. You changed it so 4 sticks = 4 crops, which means it should be 1 crop = 1 stick, but it isn't. It's still 1 crop = 4 sticks. This makes for a serious stick duplication exploit... I guess it isn't that game changing, but you should fix it.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
You guys seem to make thaumcraft foci more easy then they actually are. First of all, im not afraid of the explosions ( though i heard they can cause chain reactions ) - im more worried about the hungry bow using pigman near a pit of lava, among other monsters ! That is bad enough in itself - making the portal is another one. I forgot how annoying it can be to get shards, btw. Granted, all these problems are ... medium at worst. EDIT: I forgot you could use buckets to make a portal, but you still need to dig down deep.

However, i compare now that to making the simple force spell. The multiblock structure only basically needs an witchwood tree and three vinteum dust. The spell itself only needs one more vinteum dust - the other things (some iron, arrow, red dye, paper, cobblestone) are gotten easily enough. See what im getting at? For me, the simple force spell is the most easiest solution for early game, including what i already mentioned.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Whats this about? What is covering my health hearts and why do I have air bubbles? I was just working in the Twilight Forest. I don't have any special armor on, no baubles or thaumcraft, and nothing new or weird in my inventory..

The thing covering your health is runic shielding. Did you happen to find a ring of protection?

After having quit out and restarting the game... my ars magica skills and affinities came back. Strange.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
After having quit out and restarting the game... my ars magica skills and affinities came back. Strange.
This seems to be a common issue with the end dimension. In vanilla minecraft your experience seems to "disappear" while it's only a visual bug. Reloading your world fixes this issue. I assume the same stuff happens with AM2 and possibly other mods when you leave the end dimension.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Whats this about? What is covering my health hearts and why do I have air bubbles? I was just working in the Twilight Forest. I don't have any special armor on, no baubles or thaumcraft, and nothing new or weird in my inventory..
Choke mobs cause you to drown. They can do this through walls. Like, for instance, if they're underground.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Choke mobs cause you to drown. They can do this through walls. Like, for instance, if they're underground.
Lol, I must admit that I was seeing this before I got the Water Orbs off the Water Guardian, and even then it didn't seem to do anything. The bubbles never went down and I never took extra damage. Now with the Orbs equipped the bubbles just cover the entire area above my hotbar, there's like 40 of them. XD

Reactions: Pudding01

EbeneezerSquid

Jul 29, 2019
OK, next time I loaded up, I went in to take pics of my altar.
Since I was taking pics, I turned off my texture packs: Johns Smith's Tech Remix and my own Ore resource pack that I stopped uploading due to lack of interest in the community (I will again if people want it).
Took pics of my AM2 altar from all angles. took a pic of my lever with WAILA showing that it was ON.
Then I dropped a blank rune to show that I get no sparklies so I could get a pic of it not working - and the rune disappeared. And sparklies showed up.
So yay! I made my first AM2 spell! somehow?
so now I have 2 questions:
1) I managed to accidentally renamed my "Projectile Dig" spell "Feline Health" on the icon choosing screen thingy. Any way to change the name back?
2) How in the Flying Spagetti Monster's Holy Sauce does a TEXTURE PACK cause the alter to work or not work?
Thank you.
PS: IMGUR album, not that it is needed now.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Put the spell into your inscription table and a "reset name" button will appear. Then when you use the spell, the name/icon GUI will appear again.

Reactions: Zarvoxbe

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
OK, next time I loaded up, I went in to take pics of my altar.
Since I was taking pics, I turned off my texture packs: Johns Smith's Tech Remix and my own Ore resource pack that I stopped uploading due to lack of interest in the community (I will again if people want it).
Took pics of my AM2 altar from all angles. took a pic of my lever with WAILA showing that it was ON.
Then I dropped a blank rune to show that I get no sparklies so I could get a pic of it not working - and the rune disappeared. And sparklies showed up.
So yay! I made my first AM2 spell! somehow?
so now I have 2 questions:
1) I managed to accidentally renamed my "Projectile Dig" spell "Feline Health" on the icon choosing screen thingy. Any way to change the name back?
2) How in the Flying Spagetti Monster's Holy Sauce does a TEXTURE PACK cause the alter to work or not work?
Thank you.
PS: IMGUR album, not that it is needed now.
I could swear that in 1.6.4 the lectern had to be facing towards the lever for the altar to work. Huh.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck in the creation of AM arcane deconstructor.

One component is Pure essence wich be made with High essence core.

My problem is I can't make the High essence core because I can't make Nature essence wich use cactus, lilly pad, vines and oak leaves.

Cactus can be made with agricraft, Oak leaves can by shear but how to obtain lilly pad or vines ?

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck in the creation of AM arcane deconstructor.

One component is Pure essence wich be made with High essence core.

My problem is I can't make the High essence core because I can't make Nature essence wich use cactus, lilly pad, vines and oak leaves.

Cactus can be made with agricraft, Oak leaves can by shear but how to obtain lilly pad or vines ?
To get vines, just grow jungle trees, they grow on the sides. For lily pads, use Botania's alchemy catalyst, and throw some vines into a mana pool with the catalyst beneath it. If you don't have jungle trees, I think the catalyst can also change between different types of saplings, or you can go the mutandis route.

Also, first check if they don't already have recipes, some items that can't be found in the wild in this pack have recipes.

SnowZenia

Jul 29, 2019

I recommend going to the twilight forest for them. Lilypads can be found in swamps and vines in every big tree. They are hollow and in the inside there are plenty of vines. IIRC I also found lilypads as dungeon loot.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
What are the big towers with the levers called? I want to find out the trick to them, but have no idea what they are called. The specific room I'm talking about has a few paintings and levers next to a room with a bed. You also cant break the blocks within this tower.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
What are the big towers with the levers called? I want to find out the trick to them, but have no idea what they are called. The specific room I'm talking about has a few paintings and levers next to a room with a bed. You also cant break the blocks within this tower.
Those are from the Artifacts mod. It always has the same layout from my experience, just with random amounts of decay (cobwebs, broken walls, mossy cobble, etc) and random loot.

The tower has a sticky piston mechanism that opens one path at day, and one path at night. The day path is a ladder down to a heavily trapped room containing 3 artifact pedestals. The night path is a ladder up to a wooden room with a chest of loot. Also, the levers by the painting need to all be "off" to access the day path I think.

Reactions: sqitchy

xbachix

Jul 29, 2019
I removed HQM from the server mods and the client modpack and it seems to have fixed it.

All i am doing is walking around the world and the game crashes with this error report. I am on a private server btw. Nothing to report on the server's side.

FTB Launcher logs:

[13:05:29] [Client thread/INFO] [journeymap]: Requesting World ID
[13:05:31] [Thread-19/INFO] [FML]: [Modstats] Stat wasn't reported 'modstats.org'
[13:05:31] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: =============================================================
[13:05:31] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: MOD HAS DIRECT REFERENCE System.exit() THIS IS NOT ALLOWED REROUTING TO FML!
[13:05:31] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Offendor: truetyper/TrueTypeFont.loadImage(Ljava/awt/image/BufferedImage;)I
[13:05:31] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Use FMLCommonHandler.exitJava instead
[13:05:31] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: =============================================================
[13:05:31] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [truetyper.TrueTypeFont:<init>:94]: TrueTypeFont loaded: java.awt.Font[family=Arial,name=Arial,style=plain,size=12] - AntiAlias = true
[13:05:32] [Client thread/ERROR] [NotEnoughItems]: Failed to find identifier for: net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock@390671f7
[13:05:39] [Client thread/INFO] [neiintegration]: Loading integration: Minecraft / Forge
[13:05:39] [Client thread/INFO] [neiintegration]: Loading integration: Pam's HarvestCraft
[13:05:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] InvTweaks: Configuration loaded.
[13:05:40] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[13:05:40] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:cobblestoneWall for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockMarbleWall com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.cobblestoneWall. Is there something wrong with the registry?

After that it crashes. I have not modified the server pack or the client side modpack

Last edited:

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019

Everyone calls them "Wizard Towers". The reason why you can't break anything in the tower (besides cobweb) is because of the "Anti-Builder" Blocks - they look like chiseled stone bricks. You can destroy them, though. However, i leave them alone since they actually stop taint, too. And you can access everything in the tower anyway.

EDIT: Let me go into more detail. There are actually 4 different types of these "Wizard Towers": small ruin, middle ruin, big ruin, and big with anti builders. All the ruin versions have more or less amounts of decay, so things i describe here may not be there.
The small ones always have an 3x3 trapfloor with invisible blocks and spikes, an 1x3 trapfloor leading to a small outside tower with an bed and an artifact, and another 1x1 trapfloor hiding a chest on top of the ladder.
The middles ones have some pressure-plate traps, one on the bottom, two at the second, and another two leading to an enchantment table with bookshelves and an "lunar calendar" (Nice if you go more into witchery, for example). On the same floor you find an artifact. On top of that enchantment table are some invisible blocks hiding an chest. There is another room with an bed, a redstone lamp, and a chest. There is also a basement with an spawner for clay golems. Which, dull surprise, drop clay. (Infinite clay, yay)

The large ones, if they have anti-builder blocks, have always the same layout. There are four ABB on he outside. The first floor has nothing besides the basement leading to already mentioned clay golems. The second floor has an enchantment table with bookshelves, a chest, a working table, an anvil and an lunar calendar. On the way to the next you will be blocked by an swordtrap. On top of it is another ABB. In the room with the paintings is another ABB, in the floor. WARNING: There is a trapped chest hooked to two TNT in the room with the bed. The chest in the room is accesible at night. You switch the four levers away from the painting, then activate the lower right. On the next floor is an arrow trap. You can up or down. If you go up, you find an room with another chest. If go further up, you will have a nice view. If you go down from the room with arrow trap, you will see another ABB above the ladder. Further down you will find another arrow trap. Even further down y will find a LOT of traps, but you can reach the three artifacts from afar.

I actually don't know how to reach the other ABB, but again, i leave them be because they are anti-taint. EDIT 2: There is one in the only-night room.

Last edited:
Reactions: sqitchy

Harrli

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get to the End. Eyes of Ender seem to do nothing and go nowhere (a comment noted by other people in my search). Someone mentioned they found their End portal on the mini-map but I've searched and either don't know what I am looking for or don't see it.

How do I find the End if the Eyes of Ender mechanic is broken?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm the only one that have the AM quest "Fury" don't validate ?

I've killed many creepers/zombies, zombie kill are counted by the quest but not creepers (tainted or not tainted).

xbachix

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* ok, I was wrong, it is still crashing. I removed HQM from the server and the client but it it still crashing

[20:14:10] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: =============================================================
[20:14:10] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: MOD HAS DIRECT REFERENCE System.exit() THIS IS NOT ALLOWED REROUTING TO FML!
[20:14:10] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Offendor: truetyper/TrueTypeFont.loadImage(Ljava/awt/image/BufferedImage;)I
[20:14:10] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Use FMLCommonHandler.exitJava instead
[20:14:10] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: =============================================================
[20:14:11] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [truetyper.TrueTypeFont:<init>:94]: TrueTypeFont loaded: java.awt.Font[family=Arial,name=Arial,style=plain,size=12] - AntiAlias = true
[20:14:12] [Client thread/ERROR] [NotEnoughItems]: Failed to find identifier for: net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock@f2d33dc
[20:14:19] [Client thread/INFO] [neiintegration]: Loading integration: Minecraft / Forge
[20:14:19] [Client thread/INFO] [neiintegration]: Loading integration: Pam's HarvestCraft
[20:14:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] InvTweaks: Configuration loaded.
[20:14:19] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[20:14:19] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:cobblestoneWall for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockMarbleWall com.