[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Arashisr

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea if this market requires a special place or something to use? i have the 6 emeralds for a sheep but it wont let me buy a spawn egg for it and really would love to have some wool on hand and not using all my string.

I checked up on it and the spawn eggs are currently broken do to a code change with metadata, but good news its fixed in the next version of HarvestCraft 1.7.10i that will be available soon. But you can still get seeds and trees with it, so wool is only some cotton seeds away.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
hmm ok i don't really care that its broken until its fixed i'll just delete the emerald amount and just spawn in the egg which should be fine since i have the market made and i don't wanna have to make a big farm to get myself wool when i can just get a couple of sheep xD.

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
For ars-Magica, I've found a few... well, let's say nasty-mean tricks using some spells.
Try a spell that has Fling, Knockback, and Fire Damage, with a Projectile Shape. relatively early-on, all blue. if the Fire Damage doesn't kill it, the being flung upwards AND backwards will certainly irritate the thing you hit. I've named it "Cauterizing Wind".

Also, the spell you have equipped, if it HAS an effect when you cycle to it (Like my "Soft Tug" spell), then shifht-clicking and removing the spells leaves the effect on it. Soft Tug is a simple Touch +Dig +Feather, which is a Vanilla Iron Pickaxe with Silk Touch. while that spell's selected, you can punch out grass blocks, and are given grass. same with punching leaves, it's counted as shears for that.

The White Stone won't save your life if you die, and NO idea what the Bloodstone does, but it charges fast, since I've found the nastiest meanie way to murder Infernal Mobs easily. I set up a 15-block deep pit, it's about 5x5, and I've set a Daffomill, and a Mana Pool with Sparks nearby, blowing towards a Dynamism Tablet that I've set a Cursed Spirit's Blade on. The Blade has Unbreaking III, and Sharpness V (Was a PAIN to get all that xp). What happens is this. at the top-middle of the hole, when I was preparing it, I set a "Mark" there. I have a ranged AOE Recall I explore with. if I find a mean-nasty I can't kill easily, or an Infernal with Sticky, I zap them with the spell, and my Hungry Chest and Golems collect the loot from on top of the spikes near my Tablet. Besides needing to remove and repair the blade every now and again, it's mostly foolproof. I've made the walls of the pit out of Obsidian, with a single grass block under the Daffomill, which is set in a way that endermaynz can't get to it :3 It's one of the worst things to do to a mob, but it's STUPID fun to show those Infernals what-for.

Also, have about 5 artifacts that upon using them on a solid surface, make a cake there. I NEVER am going to run out of food :3

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Ok quick question is the config suppose to give 1 crop for 4 sticks or is my config off again? weeds were enabled for me for some reason so i don't know if this is another glitch/bug or something thats suppose to be there.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, AM2 armor imbuement table is still a blank screen after updating to 1.2.2, I've gone over to the github of the mod to see if this is an issue elsewhere, but no reply as of yet.

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
Ok quick question is the config suppose to give 1 crop for 4 sticks or is my config off again? weeds were enabled for me for some reason so i don't know if this is another glitch/bug or something thats suppose to be there.
Every modpack I've used has done 1 crop form 4 sticks. if it was any more crops, then a crop wouldn't "Craft down" into the same amount put into. if you drop a crop into a crafting slot, it turns into 4 sticks. and placed it's simply 4 sticks. so, I'd say yes.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
ok than its my configs i'll change that right away, i just couldn't believe the amount of wood i had to use to get my small farm for footlong sandwiches going lol but that growth spell helps alot.

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
ok than its my configs i'll change that right away, i just couldn't believe the amount of wood i had to use to get my small farm for footlong sandwiches going lol but that growth spell helps alot.
If you're having trouble with wood, get yourself an Alchemy Catalyst made for your mana pool ASAP, so you can convert some oak saplings into Jungle ones, and plant them in a 4x4. Either that, or craft a Greatwood sapling, as that's Ore Dictionary for most forms of wood. Either way, you have a tree with a 2x2 trunk going up a massive amount of blocks. you'll NEVER have issues with wood again (Also, Greatwood's 100% fireproof, so useful if that's a problem).

Reactions: ECDubbleyew

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
oh i'm not having a problem with wood, ever time i go out from the base i always bring back maybe half or a full stack of wood just for safety but now that i got fence around my pure node area i just put some trees down there to grow. Got myself a Alchemy Catalyst not to long ago for one reason which is nether wart i needed for fire runes. Greatwood saplings take forever to grow though i rather have a bunch of jungle and oak wood growing than greatwood.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a good artifact from an wizard tower and finding a village is pretty much a certain win condition for early game.

On another note, i was always asking myself why so few hungry nodes appear in the overworld - an underground hungry node in an mineshaft gave me the answer. (protip: if you hear block breaking besides yourself, a hungry node is nearby) All hungry nodes (besides those on the ocean, which are the worst ones) are being transformed into tained ones sooner or later !

Regarding the new ars magica quests: I was expecting that we would get another "collect those to get this spell" quest - i wasn't expecting getting whole spells! That mining beam is sweet, but i prefer the precision of my normal dig spell. Though it's still very nice i don't have to spam click to dig a tunnel. And getting the rather late grow spell is even nicer!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a good artifact from an wizard tower and finding a village is pretty much a certain win condition for early game.

On another note, i was always asking myself why so few hungry nodes appear in the overworld - an underground hungry node in an mineshaft gave me the answer. (protip: if you hear block breaking besides yourself, a hungry node is nearby) All hungry nodes (besides those on the ocean, which are the worst ones) are being transformed into tained ones sooner or later !

Regarding the new ars magica quests: I was expecting that we would get another "collect those to get this spell" quest - i wasn't expecting getting whole spells! That mining beam is sweet, but i prefer the precision of my normal dig spell. Though it's still very nice i don't have to spam click to dig a tunnel. And getting the rather late grow spell is even nicer!

Glad you like them! I plan to add in a few more to appeal to those who are not fans of the Am2 spell crafting system.

Anyone have ideas?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like them! I plan to add in a few more to appeal to those who are not fans of the Am2 spell crafting system.

Anyone have ideas?
I think I'd be a fan of the system if I could find a good explanation of the grammar and what is supposed to go where. So far the best I've found is this forum's community spell book someone linked earlier, and that doesn't actually go into the grammar or slots on the table much if at all.

I'm using CyanideX's Unity resource pack, it redoes the AM2 textures, including the armor imbuement table one, making it usable. It also makes AM2 look gorgeous. You should try it.

Are you certain this changes the UI of the armor table in particular? Because while I can see the chests near me have a different look now, the blank box of the AIM UI still exists.
..... Also it seems that nothing from AM2 has changed at all in terms of look. Interesting. However, I agree this texture pack makes the things it does change look beautiful, so thank you. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NoElement

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that the grammar of the AM magic system is inscrutable. "How much does the damage modifier add?", for example.

Also, i was expecting the grow spell to work like a bonemeal. Instead it creates a field of growth!

What im going to try soon is the binding shape. From what i have read, you can add things like "magic damage" to it and the summoned sword will deal that damage on top of its normal damage ! Or force. Or magic AND force. Or magic AND force AND fire AND lightning AND drowning AND knockback AND frying pan AND ...

Before, it would have meant that i needed to invest points other then the almighty "fly" spell. But instead i will get my flying elsewhere, since you give us a good chunk of feathers in one of the quests...

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'd be a fan of the system if I could find a good explanation of the grammar and what is supposed to go where. So far the best I've found is this forum's community spell book someone linked earlier, and that doesn't actually go into the grammar or slots on the table much if at all.

Are you certain this changes the UI of the armor table in particular? Because while I can see the chests near me have a different look now, the blank box of the AIM UI still exists.
..... Also it seems that nothing from AM2 has changed at all in terms of look. Interesting. However, I agree this texture pack makes the things it does change look beautiful, so thank you. :)
You're right, it's not the Unity resource pack, it's vanilla AM2. I just assumed it was since AM2 didn't used to look like this. But without any resource pack on, the table is looks good, as you can see here. Are you sure you don't have a resource pack that breaks it?

As for the spell creation, what I've been doing is placing the square shapes on the boxes at the top (like Self, Projectile) and the round and diamond shapes in the bottom row, seems to work fine even for complex spells. :) One of the most recent spells I've made is: Projectile, Zone, AoE, Attract, Entangle, Astral Distortion, Lightning Damage and Magic Damage. It rips through everything I've used on it, including AM2's bosses. It sets a zone that attracts nearby mobs, freezes them in place so that they cannot move, prevents teleportation and deals a ton of damage over 3-4 seconds.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
You're right, it's not the Unity resource pack, it's vanilla AM2. I just assumed it was since AM2 didn't used to look like this. But without any resource pack on, the table is looks good, as you can see here. Are you sure you don't have a resource pack that breaks it?

As for the spell creation, what I've been doing is placing the square shapes on the boxes at the top (like Self, Projectile) and the round and diamond shapes in the bottom row, seems to work fine even for complex spells. :) One of the most recent spells I've made is: Projectile, Zone, AoE, Attract, Entangle, Astral Distortion, Lightning Damage and Magic Damage. It rips through everything I've used on it, including AM2's bosses. It sets a zone that attracts nearby mobs, freezes them in place so that they cannot move, prevents teleportation and deals a ton of damage over 3-4 seconds.

Nope, no resource packs till the one you suggested. Given the usual nature of resource packs sometimes overlaying or breaking important things, I don't tend to use them till far on in a playthrough, if at all. Helps that I don't mind the default pack and I like to see what the original mod designs are first. ;)

Indeed, I believe the in-game book or the AM2 wiki mentions the various squares normally go in the orange boxes (the ones right below the name box, and above the line of other things you've added), as well as elsewhere. The issue is, despite a lot of research, I currently have things like a Projectile/Projectile/AOE/Dig spell (I think that's the order, haven't checked recently) because I couldn't tell if I needed to have projectile in both the orange box and on the line or not. So every time I use it, it fires a projectile that fires a projectile that digs a 3x3 area. XD

Reactions: Andri92

Jath

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

My friend's and I are loving the modpack, however my friend is trying to progress in AM2 and can't as some of the spells are coming up with a requirement of "tile.flower2.name".

http://i.imgur.com/PqYUTQF.png

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Or is it a literal requirement to go through the quest book?

Thank you.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

My friend's and I are loving the modpack, however my friend is trying to progress in AM2 and can't as some of the spells are coming up with a requirement of "tile.flower2.name".

http://i.imgur.com/PqYUTQF.png

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Or is it a literal requirement to go through the quest book?

Thank you.

The lectern should tell you which flower it is when you are at that point in the spell. If in doubt, just throw one of every flower until it asks for a new item.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
hmm if i had to take a guess with all the water requirements for the spell i would go with the only water flower in Ars2 which is the wakebloom.