[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
not so easy without villagers
Villagers aren't that hard to get though, the simplest ways being looking for a village with surviving villagers or finding emeralds for a spawn egg as the recipe was added. There are other ways though, like if you can get lucky and find one of the gravestone mausoleums and can get a nether star you can build an altar which lets you resurrect villagers, just find a villager and run around looking for all the graves to resurrect and you're set with resurrecting each villager for only 20 levels.

Actually @DrasticDemise maybe it's worth looking into that a bit more? They're fairly useful with villagers although harder to get with you disabling catacombs and them needing a nether star, if you lowered the cost of building one they could provide a decent alternate way to get villagers so that people can still get them but they'll need to find a village instead of just collecting an egg and eight emeralds, that and the xp cost. Also there seems to be a bug where they'll break instantly regardless of what tool you use, bad because if you don't have at least an iron pick they won't drop and they require blocks that only spawn in a specific dungeon and a nether star to craft.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Villagers aren't that hard to get though, the simplest ways being looking for a village with surviving villagers or finding emeralds for a spawn egg as the recipe was added. There are other ways though, like if you can get lucky and find one of the gravestone mausoleums and can get a nether star you can build an altar which lets you resurrect villagers, just find a villager and run around looking for all the graves to resurrect and you're set with resurrecting each villager for only 20 levels.

Actually @DrasticDemise maybe it's worth looking into that a bit more? They're fairly useful with villagers although harder to get with you disabling catacombs and them needing a nether star, if you lowered the cost of building one they could provide a decent alternate way to get villagers so that people can still get them but they'll need to find a village instead of just collecting an egg and eight emeralds, that and the xp cost. Also there seems to be a bug where they'll break instantly regardless of what tool you use, bad because if you don't have at least an iron pick they won't drop and they require blocks that only spawn in a specific dungeon and a nether star to craft.
I had to disable the catacombs because of a world gen crash and the villager egg recipe is an archaic script I forgot about that is no longer needed since Witchery forces villages to spawn.

I will look into what this altar business is about, however thaumic horizons adds in a villager recipe

Nefroz

Jul 29, 2019
I had to disable the catacombs because of a world gen crash and the villager egg recipe is an archaic script I forgot about that is no longer needed since Witchery forces villages to spawn.

I will look into what this altar business is about, however thaumic horizons adds in a villager recipe

Ah i had no idea bout the villager recipes. Doesnt matter much atm, im trying to get through some botania still atm, never done it so I'm having to learn. From what I understand Nightshades suck too which is made worse as im in the TF.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ah i had no idea bout the villager recipes. Doesnt matter much atm, im trying to get through some botania still atm, never done it so I'm having to learn. From what I understand Nightshades suck too which is made worse as im in the TF.
Nightshades are a bit worse then dayblooms but have the advantage of not needing to be exposed to the sun so you can put them underground, that said you'll want to upgrade to an endoflame as soon as possible as they're much better.

Even with villages I've found between taint and the mobs they're fairly unreliable for actually getting villagers, that said it the altar is basically the reason why villagers and pets leave gravestones behind. You can break them for the corpse and resurrect them at an altar with xp, so thaumic horizons makes villagers from base resources gravestone can only resurrect killed ones but is much harder to actually pull off as altars are expensive.

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
Nightshades are a bit worse then dayblooms but have the advantage of not needing to be exposed to the sun so you can put them underground, that said you'll want to upgrade to an endoflame as soon as possible as they're much better.

Even with villages I've found between taint and the mobs they're fairly unreliable for actually getting villagers, that said it the altar is basically the reason why villagers and pets leave gravestones behind. You can break them for the corpse and resurrect them at an altar with xp, so thaumic horizons makes villagers from base resources gravestone can only resurrect killed ones but is much harder to actually pull off as altars are expensive.
Not true about the nightshades, a recent update made them as efficient as dayblooms.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Not true about the nightshades, a recent update made them as efficient as dayblooms.
They generate mana at the same speed yes, however in minecraft night is shorter then the day so they are still slightly worse. At least that's what I remember.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
They generate mana at the same speed yes, however in minecraft night is shorter then the day so they are still slightly worse. At least that's what I remember.
But all you have to do is put a block on top of them and they generate mana, so really they are better than dayblooms because they can generate all the time

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
But all you have to do is put a block on top of them and they generate mana, so really they are better than dayblooms because they can generate all the time
No, they won't generate mana at day at all. The code checks for both if it's day and if a daybloom in it's location could generate, it has to fail both of those checks to be able to generate. The difference to the daybloom is it can generate if a block is over it, not that it always generates if a block is over, they're smarter then that.

aaaaa

Jul 29, 2019
What is the maximum total stability boost that the infusion altar from thaumcraft can reach?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
What is the maximum total stability boost that the infusion altar from thaumcraft can reach?

To hit max, you can fill in the blocks under the infuser with stabilizers, and at max people say that even dangerous infusions don't do much

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves there is no max stability but rather a minimum of zero instability, so enough stability boost to stabilize a dangerous ritual will be far overkill for a minor ritual but they'd both have zero instability. I'm not sure of anything with particularly outlandish instability, most dangerous ones are about the same and the peak, unless runic shielding gets more unstable with each level, then that could comfortably win for most unstable if you keep stacking on the levels.

Winston

Jul 29, 2019
I usually use around 200 stabilizing items, and I rarely get any instability. Even on the late game TTKami stuff.

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
Make a Witching Gadgets Abacus, if you right click it on the altar it will tell you the stability boost in numbers, so you can tell if adding more objects is still having an effect. As a bonus, it also tells you the instability of the current recipe on the altar, so you can tell if your altar stability is enough for that recipe beforehand.

christhereaper

Jul 29, 2019
Found a bug:
While utilizing the changing ability of a manasteel tool from Botania (shift + scroll wheel to change between them) my manasteel shovel turned into a damaged stone pick and then vanished into thin air. (I also had a stone pick turn into 2 flint randomly.)

Further testing shows that they can all change into the stone pick, but the axe can't turn into a manasteel pick and vice versa. The shovel just turns into a damaged stone pick and back. Even relogging or even starting a new world doesn't seem to fix this

This was on Version 1.1.5 btw.

Philotelli

Jul 29, 2019
So... I just entered the twilight and my game crashed. When I go back in, I was really high, near a Lich Tower, I hit the ground and died. All my stuff is in a forbidden area by the lich tower and there's no portal back to the overworld.

Help?

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
So... I just entered the twilight and my game crashed. When I go back in, I was really high, near a Lich Tower, I hit the ground and died. All my stuff is in a forbidden area by the lich tower and there's no portal back to the overworld.

Help?
You should be able to use /cofh tpx to get back to the overworld (dimension 0). After that hopefully you have a waypoint where your base is, or you know the coords.