[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.5.1 has been released - Fixes
  • Added Climate Control - This should resolve the random biomes that shouldn't exist. Looking at you Mega Taiga.
  • Nerfed Taint Spread - 1/3000th chance of spreading on block update down from 1/1000th. This should allow you to play a bit longer before taint eats everything.
  • Added Thaumcraft Mob Aspects - Now you can scan Special Mobs. (Thanks Cobra1117)
  • Quest Changes - Clarified the usage of any seed. (Rations quest) Corrected detection on Cooler and the Wand of the Forest. Fixed botania mana pool and flower quest location.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.5.1 has been released - Fixes
  • Added Climate Control - This should resolve the random biomes that shouldn't exist. Looking at you Mega Taiga.
  • Nerfed Taint Spread - 1/3000th chance of spreading on block update down from 1/1000th. This should allow you to play a bit longer before taint eats everything.
  • Added Thaumcraft Mob Aspects - Now you can scan Special Mobs. (Thanks Cobra1117)
  • Quest Changes - Clarified the usage of any seed. (Rations quest) Corrected detection on Cooler and the Wand of the Forest. Fixed botania mana pool and flower quest location.
Just a question for the server files, is it possible to set the eula agreement true by default? I've seen server files that come with the true setting as default as I find it just a slight hassle to have to change it every time it updates. If it's not possible, it's fine, it's good to have but it's not really that tedious to keep changing

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question for the server files, is it possible to set the eula agreement true by default? I've seen server files that come with the true setting as default as I find it just a slight hassle to have to change it every time it updates. If it's not possible, it's fine, it's good to have but it's not really that tedious to keep changing
I think that would actually be a violation of the EULA...

You are setting up the server, so you have to accept the EULA, not DrasticDemise. If he set that option to true, he would be the liable one for what the server owners do...

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
I love the idea of this pack, reclaiming the world from taint, awesome!
It's been a while since I played a magical pack, Thaumcraft research seems too cumbersome. (he said while playing GregTech ;) ) Hopefully the quests will be a good introduction. Starting a world tonight, will keep you posted.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
I love the idea of this pack, reclaiming the world from taint, awesome!
It's been a while since I played a magical pack, Thaumcraft research seems too cumbersome. (he said while playing GregTech ;) ) Hopefully the quests will be a good introduction. Starting a world tonight, will keep you posted.
Well, it's not just Thaumcraft. You can choose between Thaumcraft 4, Botania, and Ars Magica 2.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Hubris Teaser.png
Where did this come from...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion, while the ethereal bloom has been suggested as a way of keeping an area clear for a small base it has the issue that you've mentioned of being portable so they can basically clear as much as they want with it. There is an alternative option though which can't be moved, give a node in a jar, for example a pure node with one ordo, it requires a wand to use but it means that it's a fairly useless node that just works to turn it's immediate surroundings into magical forest. It doesn't even require the research so you could give it as the result of the thaumonomicon quest instead of the extra thaumonomicon (why is that there?), so yeah as a way of having an item to protect an area without being reusable that's it. For reference the command would be /give <name> Thaumcraft:BlockJarNodeItem 1 0 {nodetype:5,Aspects:[{amount:1,key:"ordo"}]}

As for the actual pack it's been interesting so far, I'm enjoying it so far, I aren't that far admittedly. I've set up base in the tower of a runic dungeon that I disconnected from the ground, it happened to spawn right on top of a guard tower so it's about thirty blocks tall giving me plenty of space. Ores will be a bit tricky due to building over a runic dungeon but at least loot should be plentiful. I'll report more once I've done more then the first couple of quests of different sections.

merlin43210

Jul 29, 2019
Hey There,

Love the mod pack, and I definitely think you should add spice of life, but if I may make a few suggestions just based on early game play at the moment

In the HQM pack perhaps use the spot where there's the default text to instead put some simple how to's. The most obvious for instance is Zombie Flesh -> Zombie Jerky. Just a quick "Some Zombie Flesh and a bit of salt". That way HQM can act as this sort of guide or wiki so that the player doesn't need to constantly reference NEI for recipes and the like.

Also with the severe lack of sheep, if I might suggest that one of the early game rewards be a bed.

If you're ok with it, I'd love to Stream this from time to time.
Oh you have not found sheep I have I live next to like 4 pure nodes that are always spawning animals due to the lack of other spawn spaces.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
What's the mod that allows me to see what's inside of things, etc? It's rather cool.. but I'm not a fan of the random floating things. >.<

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Holoinventory
Thanks! I went through and found that you can set a hotkey for it, however, the hotkey did absolutely nothing. I took a look at the config, and by default it's set so that it's always on, and the key does nothing. >.< I changed it, and now I can use it when out exploring, and when I'm home, turn it off. :3 Thanks for the quick response!!!

EPfencer

Jul 29, 2019
2015-04-18_23.17.08.png
Loving this pack! Living the good life in the ocean though, because of the taint destroying the water blocks at the edge of the beach. It makes it so mobs can't get to me because of the current :)

Just FYI, giving someone an AM Compendium doesn't really help, since you have to create one yourself to "unlock the secrets of the arcane" and access the occulus...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 18025 Loving this pack! Living the good life in the ocean though, because of the taint destroying the water blocks at the edge of the beach. It makes it so mobs can't get to me because of the current :)

Just FYI, giving someone an AM Compendium doesn't really help, since you have to create one yourself to "unlock the secrets of the arcane" and access the occulus...
Neat