[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
The botania quest line is a bit... weird. One of the early quests wants you to have a mana-pool, which needs mana to make, which you need to make generating flowers for that, which is in a LATER quest...

Replace that mana-pool with a DILUTED mana pool and that will be fixed.

Reactions: BaileyH

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
The botania quest line is a bit... weird. One of the early quests wants you to have a mana-pool, which needs mana to make, which you need to make generating flowers for that, which is in a LATER quest...

Replace that mana-pool with a DILUTED mana pool and that will be fixed.

Noted. Will be changed in the next update.

Reactions: Pudding01

UnhygenicChipmunk

Jul 29, 2019
So i've played around a half day's worth into this, enjoying it a lot so far, nice integration, the taint feels dangerous, but not debilitating. However one thing that i have found, is that to begin with, lots of chunks near my base we covered in the liquid flux(purple liquid) but after a while, that disappeared, leaving the ground clear, with no taint. I think the biome might be Savannah though which might cause the trouble :/ is there anyway to artifically taint several chunks for immersion?

Also got very lucky with the optional aura node reward - plopped it down, and got a pure node, now my floating base is taint free forever!

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the pack so far, and it gives me an excuse to get into Thaumcraft for the first time again in a long while.

Is it safe to assume that methods of keeping Fibrous Taint from spreading will appear later, or will I have to get crafty in removing it?

EDIT: By the way, you may want to change the starter chest items. I got a Lexica Botania in mine, which fulfills the requirement for the first Botania quest. I'm unsure if the other books will show up.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Hey There,

Love the mod pack, and I definitely think you should add spice of life, but if I may make a few suggestions just based on early game play at the moment

In the HQM pack perhaps use the spot where there's the default text to instead put some simple how to's. The most obvious for instance is Zombie Flesh -> Zombie Jerky. Just a quick "Some Zombie Flesh and a bit of salt". That way HQM can act as this sort of guide or wiki so that the player doesn't need to constantly reference NEI for recipes and the like.

Also with the severe lack of sheep, if I might suggest that one of the early game rewards be a bed.

If you're ok with it, I'd love to Stream this from time to time.

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
2 Quest comments :
- The botania wand quest requires white petals to be used, I wasnt expecting this and it took me a few tries to get the quest completed, could you allow any colour petals to be used?

- I cant complete the quest Food Locker. I have made 4 different coolers and none of them completed the quest, what am i actually supposed to make here?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Hey There,

Love the mod pack, and I definitely think you should add spice of life, but if I may make a few suggestions just based on early game play at the moment

In the HQM pack perhaps use the spot where there's the default text to instead put some simple how to's. The most obvious for instance is Zombie Flesh -> Zombie Jerky. Just a quick "Some Zombie Flesh and a bit of salt". That way HQM can act as this sort of guide or wiki so that the player doesn't need to constantly reference NEI for recipes and the like.

Also with the severe lack of sheep, if I might suggest that one of the early game rewards be a bed.

If you're ok with it, I'd love to Stream this from time to time.

I intend to go back and clarify a few quests. For example, the seeds to bread quest will take any seeds. This is on my to do list :) And of course I would love it if you stream it, just give me a link so I can watch it!

2 Quest comments :
- The botania wand quest requires white petals to be used, I wasnt expecting this and it took me a few tries to get the quest completed, could you allow any colour petals to be used?

- I cant complete the quest Food Locker. I have made 4 different coolers and none of them completed the quest, what am i actually supposed to make here?

The wand was set to a detection to take all kinds of wands. I will check to make sure I have it on the right settings :)

The description above the cooler mentions a Standard Cooler. Does it not detect correctly? I will go back and check these as well. :)

Thank you both for your feed back.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I intend to go back and clarify a few quests. For example, the seeds to bread quest will take any seeds. This is on my to do list :) And of course I would love it if you stream it, just give me a link so I can watch it!

The wand was set to a detection to take all kinds of wands. I will check to make sure I have it on the right settings :)

The description above the cooler mentions a Standard Cooler. Does it not detect correctly? I will go back and check these as well. :)

Thank you both for your feed back.

The wand quest didn't work correctly for me either, it needed only white.

Dachshund

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Jabba diamond dolly left useable intentionally? Since there is the wandcap of dislocation to move spawners already?
Also the Poenix down from Reliquary doesent seem to be craftable (grand panacea has no recipe). Its not big deal since there is now witchery to prevent death.

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
Two recommendations:
- For the Ars Magica quest line: Have the player gather up the ingredients for a dig spell and make it early on. I'm already a good ways into AM2, and I still haven't needed to craft flowers yet.
- Early on, someone had mentioned giving out an Ethereal Bloom, but the concern was that it could be moved to clear large area (good call, BTW--that would definitely be an exploit!). A work-around for this would be to hand out a couple of pure nodes in bottles. (You should be able to bottle the node in your test world, and then add it to the HQM reward.) That way, once it's placed it's really hard to move, but it should still clear enough area to keep a base entrance free of taint.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Jabba diamond dolly left useable intentionally? Since there is the wandcap of dislocation to move spawners already?
Also the Poenix down from Reliquary doesent seem to be craftable (grand panacea has no recipe). Its not big deal since there is now witchery to prevent death.

I plan to add a quest line and fix up Reliquary with crafting recipes to provide clarity to the mod. It adds really cool items, but the mod has always been a mystery in how to get the items.

Two recommendations:
- For the Ars Magica quest line: Have the player gather up the ingredients for a dig spell and make it early on. I'm already a good ways into AM2, and I still haven't needed to craft flowers yet.
- Early on, someone had mentioned giving out an Ethereal Bloom, but the concern was that it could be moved to clear large area (good call, BTW--that would definitely be an exploit!). A work-around for this would be to hand out a couple of pure nodes in bottles. (You should be able to bottle the node in your test world, and then add it to the HQM reward.) That way, once it's placed it's really hard to move, but it should still clear enough area to keep a base entrance free of taint.

I am still messing with the taint spreading rate. I don't want to give away a free clear early on because the idea is that you have to be creative with your building and risks. For example, building your base that doesn't touch the ground won't get fibrous taint on it, or building underground and covering the entrance with ladders will stop the fibrous taint.

I am most likely going to nerf the spread again.