[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. My 9.1 world stopped loading since the new updates came around. Sad, but I guess it's time to move on. For some reason the world would freeze while loading because of the climate mod, whatever it may be used for. It freezes up at the mention of Mushroom Islands if I recall correctly.
For the sake of trying to save my progress, would removing the climate mod fuss things up too bad? I'm guessing that's how you got it to be Tainted Lands everywhere?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. My 9.1 world stopped loading since the new updates came around. Sad, but I guess it's time to move on. For some reason the world would freeze while loading because of the climate mod, whatever it may be used for. It freezes up at the mention of Mushroom Islands if I recall correctly.
For the sake of trying to save my progress, would removing the climate mod fuss things up too bad? I'm guessing that's how you got it to be Tainted Lands everywhere?
Its not related with climate control, its HQM. You need to delete the HQM folder in your save. This will reset the progress, so just use /hqm edit to get the cheat book and cheat the progress in again.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.1.1 has been released - General Bug fixes/balance
  • Updated Botania
  • Updated Biome tweaker
  • Disabled certain artifacts effects such as value, resurrection, and adrenaline pump.
  • Disabled recipe profiling by default on NEI.
  • Battle Towers and Ruins can no longer spawn in the Aether or End.
  • Weeds are disabled in agricraft.
I have also disabled the broken recipe check by Hardcore Ender Expansion. This is generally enabled by default to save people the effort from crashes, however it has a weird interaction with some mods such as agricraft and creates occasional issues. If you wish to enable this again, you must first reenable agricraft weeds.

Reactions: goreae

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.1.1 has been released - General Bug fixes/balance
  • Updated Botania
  • Updated Biome tweaker
  • Disabled certain artifacts effects such as value, resurrection, and adrenaline pump.
  • Disabled recipe profiling by default on NEI.
  • Battle Towers and Ruins can no longer spawn in the Aether or End.
  • Weeds are disabled in agricraft.
I have also disabled the broken recipe check by Hardcore Ender Expansion. This is generally enabled by default to save people the effort from crashes, however it has a weird interaction with some mods such as agricraft and creates occasional issues. If you wish to enable this again, you must first reenable agricraft weeds.
Squee!

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I miss MFR, there are some big holes in my magical bag of tricks.

What's the best way to go about getting enchants? Botania has an enchanter but that only takes un-enchanted items and you need the good ones to begin with. Old skool upgrading books in an anvil is one option but that takes tons of exp. That brings me to question 2 is there a way to get experience orbs to drop from my mob farm?

Opister

Jul 29, 2019
I have serveral Bugs to report : If you have an artifact which gives you a live boost (+2,5) and you change your dimension (going to Aether , Aether Dungeon Hell etc.) you get that Boost again stacking up into infinity until you die (taking the artifact off doesnt help) and the Aether Slider Labyrinth Quest isnt working, its leading to 0 0 0 in the Overworld, you could change it into a drop from the Dungeon like the Glowing Dungeon Stone....

Daniel Bennett

Jul 29, 2019
bug with the quest Tallow Candle, it asks you to make 5 candles, which are made in groups of 3 when making 6 (3x2) for the quest it only counts as 2 candles were made,

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
bug with the quest Tallow Candle, it asks you to make 5 candles, which are made in groups of 3 when making 6 (3x2) for the quest it only counts as 2 candles were made,
Long known bug with HQM, shift clicking is the problem if memory serves. Just click them out normally and will count how much is crafted, only the mass crafting causes it to instead count the amount of recipes crafted.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Long known bug with HQM, shift clicking is the problem if memory serves. Just click them out normally and will count how much is crafted, only the mass crafting causes it to instead count the amount of recipes crafted.
Yeah, but can easily be fixed by switching the quest from crafting to detect mode as long there are no Tallow Candles in the chest loot tables

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but can easily be fixed by switching the quest from crafting to detect mode as long there are no Tallow Candles in the chest loot tables
I know there are other ways of dealing with it, I was addressing the specific concern of it as a crafting quest bug. Sometimes having detect quests instead of crafting quests isn't useful after all so in those cases knowing how to get around the bug is quite useful

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice to see the addition of Witching Gadgets and THaumic exploration. Few other mods I've added on my own and I would suggest adding: Blood Arsenal, Blood utilities, Sanguimancy (all 3 are addons for Blood magic - really good additions such as some nice rituals and blocks, some more bound tools and some useful sigils and blocks); also Soul Shards Reborn. I kind of fits the whole magicky theme, dunno if it will make the game too unbalanced. Also take a look at the "Deadly world" mod. Awesome stuff.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I have serveral Bugs to report : If you have an artifact which gives you a live boost (+2,5) and you change your dimension (going to Aether , Aether Dungeon Hell etc.) you get that Boost again stacking up into infinity until you die (taking the artifact off doesnt help) and the Aether Slider Labyrinth Quest isnt working, its leading to 0 0 0 in the Overworld, you could change it into a drop from the Dungeon like the Glowing Dungeon Stone....
I will try to release a fix for these later tonight. Thanks for your reports.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
By the way... its almost impossible to obtain Obsidian Totems.... It usually spawns in Thaumcraft structures but I think these structures are biome dependet, spawning usually in highlands! They dont spawn in Tainted biomes. So... unless there is a way to get them that I havent found, a recipe tweak would be appreciated :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
No, that's not a HQM bug at all. Crafting quests tell you to craft a recipe a certain amount of times. To you need to craft the tallow candle recipe 5 times, equating to 15 candles worth. That is unless I'm a fool and it really is a bug I've never noticed. Which is completely a possibility. @DrasticDemise would have to confirm if 15 tallow candles is intended for that quest.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Should the spirit world also be covered in tainted land? Doesnt make much sense since its a dream world where all should be nice and should be a nice reward having a world without taint which is not easy to obtain contrary to twilight and other dimensions

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
No, that's not a HQM bug at all. Crafting quests tell you to craft a recipe a certain amount of times. To you need to craft the tallow candle recipe 5 times, equating to 15 candles worth. That is unless I'm a fool and it really is a bug I've never noticed. Which is completely a possibility. @DrasticDemise would have to confirm if 15 tallow candles is intended for that quest.
It is a known HQM bug when you shift click craft. It only detects it as one craft. You have to click each time.

I am going to convert most quests to detection anyway because of this.

Reactions: goreae