[1.7.10][HQM] Tame the World - Magic and Tech, Exploration, and Pain

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Do corpses despawn after you die another time? Because i died to a potion spawner underground that did more than my 5 hearts of health, went back down to take it out, it spawned a potion too fast, i went back in creative and there was only one empty corpse.
In version 0.1.7 they should despawn ONLY after they have been emptied and it has been 10 minutes.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
In version 0.1.7 they should despawn ONLY after they have been emptied and it has been 10 minutes.
Well i can say it was definitely not 10 minutes, i teleported back with a waypoint. However, I like how the eventually despawn, because in every other pack i hve played with that mod, i just make a hole and bury the corpse so it isnt in the way. I guess i will just cheat back whatever was important.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Well i can say it was definitely not 10 minutes, i teleported back with a waypoint. However, I like how the eventually despawn, because in every other pack i hve played with that mod, i just make a hole and bury the corpse so it isnt in the way. I guess i will just cheat back whatever was important.
Yeah they aren't supposed to despawn unless they are completely empty, I'll take a look at the configs again to see if there is something up with them.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah they aren't supposed to despawn unless they are completely empty, I'll take a look at the configs again to see if there is something up with them.
Well, after digging around, i found the "problem" (it wasnt really a problem). Apparently the new corpse pushed the old one into the lava and because waila saw lava and not a corpse i couldnt find it. Sorry for any trouble i caused you.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Well, after digging around, i found the "problem" (it wasnt really a problem). Apparently the new corpse pushed the old one into the lava and because waila saw lava and not a corpse i couldnt find it. Sorry for any trouble i caused you.
No trouble at all, just glad you were able to find your corpse! :D

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I am not really a fan of is the quest system. I don't like the first quest line. Most players who know about mods and have a modpack launcher would likely know the basics. Also I assume you have to finish all of it to start the others? I am already getting into thaumcraft without finishing it and would like the other parts of the quest book unlocked. Oh and would you consider adding Ars Magica 2? It is a magical mod that adds several more bosses and an extremely horrifying dimension *Shudder* I can still hear the mooing... Its kinda OP but takes a bit of work to become powerful. It would promote exploring dungeons because you have to find orbs to unlock more spells. Orbs are found in dungeons or by killing the bosses.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I am not really a fan of is the quest system. I don't like the first quest line. Most players who know about mods and have a modpack launcher would likely know the basics. Also I assume you have to finish all of it to start the others? I am already getting into thaumcraft without finishing it and would like the other parts of the quest book unlocked. Oh and would you consider adding Ars Magica 2? It is a magical mod that adds several more bosses and an extremely horrifying dimension *Shudder* I can still hear the mooing... Its kinda OP but takes a bit of work to become powerful. It would promote exploring dungeons because you have to find orbs to unlock more spells. Orbs are found in dungeons or by killing the bosses.

The first quest line serves three purpose

1. ) It is meant to start with the player as the progress from the very start, so for players that had been playing before 0.1.7 it might not make as much sense in an older world. But more then that almost every quest is aimed at the progression through the default Minecraft achievements. The reason for this is to help unlock the inventory slots that are locked so that the player finishes the first series of quest with some fair inventory space.

2.) It intends to show players that I haven't in any way tinkered with the default nature of minecraft.

3.) The pack is almost primarily developed for myself and a group of friends, a lot of whom aren't really familiar with Minecraft so I wanted to give them a guide, because in a lot of ways Minecraft on it's own simply doesn't have a guide. HQM is more there as a guide for players wanting to understand what the mods do more then anything else.

As for Ars Magica 2, my understanding was that the Mod Was fairly unstable and no longer being developed.

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019

1. ) It is meant to start with the player as the progress from the very start, so for players that had been playing before 0.1.7 it might not make as much sense in an older world. But more then that almost every quest is aimed at the progression through the default Minecraft achievements. The reason for this is to help unlock the inventory slots that are locked so that the player finishes the first series of quest with some fair inventory space.

2.) It intends to show players that I haven't in any way tinkered with the default nature of minecraft.

3.) The pack is almost primarily developed for myself and a group of friends, a lot of whom aren't really familiar with Minecraft so I wanted to give them a guide, because in a lot of ways Minecraft on it's own simply doesn't have a guide. HQM is more there as a guide for players wanting to understand what the mods do more then anything else.

As for Ars Magica 2, my understanding was that the Mod Was fairly unstable and no longer being developed.
Could the other quest lines be open even before finishing the beginner quest line though? Also I didn't realize AM2 wasnt being developed anymore. Hubris used it and it seemed fine other than a problem with one machine in it. Other than that though.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Could the other quest lines be open even before finishing the beginner quest line though? Also I didn't realize AM2 wasnt being developed anymore. Hubris used it and it seemed fine other than a problem with one machine in it. Other than that though.
Currently the 3 other quest for starting the other sections are tied to "Path to Knowledge" At the end of Chapter 1. This has been changed in version 0.1.8

- Agriculture: Starting quest now tied to "Putting Bread on the Table" Not the Path to Knowledge
- Decoration: Starting quest now tied to "Sandy Shores"

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019

I would have never thought to till grass to get seeds, so it helped me a bit there.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any tanks other than the automagy one? I see rotarycraft has some decorative tank, but does it actually do stuff or is it decorative as it says?

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any tanks other than the automagy one? I see rotarycraft has some decorative tank, but does it actually do stuff or is it decorative as it says?
Immersive Engineering should have Silos and barrels. In 0.1.8, I'll be adding Railcraft which most definitely has tanks.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Immersive Engineering should have Silos and barrels. In 0.1.8, I'll be adding Railcraft which most definitely has tanks.
I forgot about those, I wish there was an NEI addon that sorted items by type. Like "Item Storage", "Fluid Storage", "Power Generation", etc.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
As a reminder, there is an SMP Server that is available if others would like to play on it, simply PM me and I'll send you the details

I apologize on the delay in 1.8. I wanted sufficient time to get feedback on the quest in 1.7 in addition to drafting the two new chapters (which is taking longer then expected thanks to Real Life things). But more changes are coming

I've settled on Adding Railcraft (with some things removed)
and Artifacts (per a suggestion from one of the Curse.com users) in this latest build.

I HOPE the build will be released no later then December 20th (But please don't quote me on that).

AFTER THAT

1.9 Will add 3 New quest chains

Witchery / Railcraft / Monster hunting

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
How big should farms be to get a lot of biodiesel? i currently have 64 of potatoes and hemp planted, and it isn't enough to keep my excavator going.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
How big should farms be to get a lot of biodiesel? i currently have 64 of potatoes and hemp planted, and it isn't enough to keep my excavator going.
You know... I'm not sure

BUT good news, I just got the Botania quest line done (and updated for the changes to Botania). I just need to add the actual quest text for the IE Line... and then I should be ready to push it out (I hope) within the next week or so!

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Update 0.1.8 Should now be available

Changelog Here:

Version 0.1.8

Forge Update
- Updated Forge to Version 1558 (Was 1448)
Mods Added
- Railcraft
- Unqiue Arifacts
Mods Updated
- Updated Botania ( was 1.7r - .235 Now 1.7r-.242)
- Updated Walia Harvastability (Was 1.1.3 Now 1.1.5 )
- Updated Automagy (Was 1.7.10 .26 now .27 )
- Updated Ex Nihilo (Was 1.38.48 now 1.38.49)
- Updated HQM (Was 4.3.3 now 4.4.2 )
- Updated Storage Drawers (Was 1.6.2 Now 1.6.3)
- Updated Special Mobs (Was 3.2.0 Now 3.2.1)
- Updated Malis Doors (Was 1.9 now 1.12)
- Updated Journey Map (Was 5.1.0 now 5.1.1)
- Updated Immersive Engineering (Was 0.6.1 Now 0.6.4)
Config Updates
- Festive and Rocket Creepers now spawn far less often (or they should)
- Disabled Copper Coke Oven (Railcraft) As IE Already has one
- Disabled Ore Gen for Copper / Iron / Gold / Lead in Railcraft
- Turned off the Copper / Lead Blocks in Railcraft to prevent overlap
- Turned off Blast Furnace (Railcraft) As IE Already has one
- Turned off Creosote Oil (Railcraft) Buckets and Bottles (To prevent overlap)
- added Dense Ore config for Railcraft ores
- Put additional Distance between battletowers
- Decreased overall spawn rate of general dungeons
- Decreased spawn rate of Wizard Towers
- Removed Floater.tml from possible spawn configurations
- Added some optional Nether structure .tml files
- Turned off Zombie Awareness Sound (Also turned off on SMP Server) because it was causing a bug when mixed with Battletower golems
- Decreased the total number of hearts you could find in a chest and lowered their overall spawn rate
- Lowered Hunger Loss Rate from 133% to 110%
- You no longer are lose hunger for being afk.
- Increased time between Lycanites Mobs event by a factor of 4
- Added a terrible looking image for HQM
Script Updates
- Created Garlic.zs (To bring Pam's Harvestcraft / Withcery garlic into line )
Quest
- Chapter 1: The Path To Knowledge - Rule 74 changed from crafting quest to detection quest
- Chapter 1: Stoking the Fires / Light Em Up Switched places
- Chapter 1: You're boned - Added some quest descriptions that were missing
- Agriculture: Starting quest now tied to "Putting Bread on the Table" Not the Path to Knowledge
- Decoration: Starting quest now tied to "Sandy Shores"
- Decoration: Take it for Granite - Now properly recognizes both Botania and Chilsel varieties of the rocks
- Decoration: Paint me like one of your - Now has a reward
- Decoration: On Display - Now has a reward for completing the quest
- Chapter 2: We're taping - Now has a reward for completing the quest
- Chapter 2: Hunting Games - Now has a reward for completing the quest
- Chapter 2: New quest Shard Belief following Thaumaturgy
- 2 New chapters for book (Botanical Relevance/Immersed in Engineering) Adding over 70+ New quest

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
There is a known bug with Furnaces being caused by a Railcraft config. I am going to release a new version as soon as I can to combat this issue. Just working with the FTB Staff at the moment.

In the meantime, under /config/railcraft/blocks.cfg on line 91 change

B:machine.alpha.coke.oven=false

into

B:machine.alpha.coke.oven=true

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
A bit of feedback- overall, the gameplay is fun granted difficult. One thing i personally think could be changed is the order in the quest book. I don't think the main quest lines should all be gated behind 15 bookshelves (and even the enchantment table when those diamonds could be used for tier 3 runes or something), it takes too long to get that stuff when you can already make good progress in all the mods without more than 6 books (3 for the Thaumonomicon, 1 for Botania, 1 for IE and 1 for Rotarycraft). The gameplay is still fluent, though, and doesn't stray far from vanilla standards until you get invested.